[Strange/Shane/Wisp's Scrapbook] May Contain Puns!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Strange on June 19th, 2014, 3:05 pm

DELETED
Last edited by Strange on August 7th, 2014, 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm such a Silverheart fangirl"
Strange
AS of Sahova

Words: 71649
Joined roleplay: January 17th, 2014, 7:07 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook

Postby Strange on June 23rd, 2014, 2:21 pm

Hey folks,

I'm off camping with my friends from tomorrow till Thursday. Just thought I'd give you all a heads up. So no Shane replies, no Strange replies of any kind until Thursday night/friday morning. Busy packing today so I don't know if I'll gwet anything done today either. I'll miss you guys.
"I'm such a Silverheart fangirl"
Strange
AS of Sahova

Words: 71649
Joined roleplay: January 17th, 2014, 7:07 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook

Postby Shane Wallsly on July 2nd, 2014, 2:47 pm

Attention Everyone!

This is a call for help. I need you! There is a matter of utmost importance that I really need some outside input on. Shane has just been initiated into Reimancy and I, nay we, need to pick an element for him. Water, Earth, Fire, Air (unintentionally put them down in the Avatar order there lol) - Shane needs to be able to transmute one of these elements and fortunately, or unfortunately, Shane is an intensely philosophical little dude. Whatever element he gets he is going to take it to heart. I want his element to reflect him and this is where I need the opinions of thread partners and anyone else who reads Shane's posts or think they have a feel for his character. What element do you guys think reflects Shane?

"[Drawing the Fire Nation symbol in the dirt] Fire is the element of power. The people of the Fire Nation have desire and will, and the energy and drive to achieve what they want.

[Drawing the Earth Kingdom symbol] Earth is the element of substance. The people of the Earth Kingdom are diverse and strong. They are persistent and enduring.

[Drawing the Air Nomad symbol] Air is the element of freedom. The Air Nomads detached themselves from worldly concerns, and they found peace and freedom. [pause] And they apparently had great senses of humor.

[Drawing the Water Tribe symbol] Water is the element of change. The people of the Water Tribes are capable of adapting to many things. They have a sense of community and love that holds them together through anything.
"
~ General Iroh, Avatar: The Last Airbender

Earth

So there's Earth. In every fiction earth is always the element of strength and unwieldiness. You know standing strong in the face of adversity. Shane can be like that sometimes. He can be determined especially in the face of learning secrets or magic.

However Shane is also a coward. Yeah, that's right. Shane will run away from 75% of risky situations. In fact most of his life is spent in avoiding risky situations from even occurring in the first place.

Physically Shane has put down roots in Syliras. He is more or less unwilling to leave. He is anchored and it would take a strong force to dislodge him. Like a boulder or a mountain. So physically similar to Earth in that way.

However a strong factor in staying is that he's scared of the wilderness. All of the fierce monsters and evils he's heard of keeps him firmly within Stormhold's walls. So again back to the coward thing. I mean that kind of negates the whole physically similar thing a bit, right?

Fire

So fire - it's all about passion and drive, as Iroh says. He has passion, he has drive or, at the very least, he strives for it. I mean his rules, his code, that seems designed to turn one into a fire but he isn't quite there yet. I think Fire would be good when he hits Competent or Expert. To show his growth etc etc

Air

The con for Earth is a pro for Air. He avoids risky situations and confrontations. He's flighty and evasive. He's creative too. I'd quite enjoy working with air a bit too but I don't really have many pros and cons I can think of for this one.

Water

Water, Iroh says that's the element of change and I have to agree. Water is always moving, always rushing onward. I've always loved water because it is such a powerful natural force. I mean if a water wants to get somewhere it will rip through land to create it's own river. It takes Dams, a miracle of human engineering, to stop it.

However I just don't think this is Shane. It just doesn't seem like him. I dunno why.

So there we go. Couple of thoughts on each element but the main point of this post was to get your thoughts so come on up and tell me. Even if we've never spoke before everyone is welcome to voice their opinions on this. I need you guys and gals out there to help me. So thanks for reading and bonus thanks to anyone who chips in an opinion!
Group Threads: 1/3

ImageImageImage

Clerk at Mystic Eye Fortune Telling
Shane Wallsly
Success Is The Only Option

Words: 284445
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)

Postby Shane Wallsly on July 2nd, 2014, 10:07 pm

btw feel free to PM me if for any reason you'd prefer it. I really want your opinion so come on folks.

ImageImageImage

Shane Wallsly

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Shane Wallsly on July 19th, 2014, 3:29 pm

Day of Season, Year

When it comes to weird dreams I'm usually able to take the cake but this time my dream did something just plain odd. My dream went all Inception on me.

My first dream was that I was going on holiday with my family. Some sort of weird train tour of the UK. Yeah, we were totally in a train for the entirety of my dream for some reason (and I'm pretty sure Mr. Mosby from The Suite Life of Zack and Cody was with us for some reason and Ayla (My 21 year old sister) might have been like 6 years old)

The weird thing however was every night on the train when I went to sleep I dreamt about How I Met Your Mother. I dreamt about a new season of How I Met Your Mother to replace the finale. Every night that I slept on this train was a new episode (and all episodes happened on a train for some reason).

The funny thing was I didn't realize till my last night on the actual train that the dreams I was having weren't actual episodes of How I met your mother. My dream self realised that my subconscious was so bothered about the ending that it was trying to make up a new one for me. So I let it and... I ended up with the same ending.

SPOILERS FROM HERE ON!
So Marshall and Ted were talking about something and, as usual, Ted was wondering what to do about his lovelife. He was asking Marshall how you can be sure when you've met the woman you love.

"Ted, you've asked me this a hundred times. Stop worrying about what it is other people believe love is. Ask yourself. What do you want? What have you always wanted?"

"Robin."

"No, not who you want. What you want. You know what I think, Ted? I think you've always wanted someone who you could spin out of control with. You've always been about controlling things but really you just need to let go."

The camera changed. It was some kind of imagination sequence. It cut to Ted in a car. The car was spinning out of control but he sat perfectly serene at the wheel. Looking blissfully to his side the cfamera pans to reveal Robin sitting next to him holding the blue french horn in one hand and Ted's hand in the other. They look at each other with love, without regrets and the screen goes black.

Then the screen faded in again and it was centred on like a magazine which had a timeline of all the funny sayings and weird theories Barney has came up with throughout the show. The camera panned through them in chronological order and eventually I woke up from the second dream into the first dream on the train.

Mr. Mosby across from me was watching something on a mini-TV he called Knights which was a very similar show to How I Met Your Mother and my dream self realized that my dreams had just been taking noises from Mosby's TV and translating them into How I Met Your Mother episodes the entire time. Then my real self suddenly went 'hang the fuck on, you're not in a train you're in your bed!" and I woke up very confused about what had all just transpired.

I played down the first dream a lot there when describing it because I can't remember much of it but it was about as significant in the overal dream as the 2nd dream so it definitely had some weird inceptiony thing going on.

I tel you if I believed that dreams had meanings I'd say this dream was trying to tell me 'Not to worry about the ending of that show you loved because A) The Writers had their reasons and B) It's all the same crap unlovingly trudged out by tv writers every day. I don't believe that dreams have meanings though so I'm going to pin this dream down as an odd one and call it a day.

ImageImageImage

Shane Wallsly

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Heroe on July 26th, 2014, 10:24 pm

Hey folks! It's me on my new Alt! I should change the name of the thread again :P

So, Strange, why have you started up an Akalak/Eth with a name suspiciously close to the word Hero?

You are very observant, Sir. Anyhow the reason I have done this is because I wanted to create a semi-clean cut character who actually does Good and spreads happiness and joy throughout Mizahar. I see a lot of sort of semi-Heroes and a lot of Good folk who are good and nice but really just sort of live their lives rather than doing stuff about it. There are evil robots, aliens and space worms out there trying to kill Mizahar and everything we love! It is time for someone to stand up and fight!

But seriously there are good Heroes out there but I just thought I'd help you guys out here with a nice clean cut Hero with no agendas. Well he loves Syna a bit much but he's not going to be a Knight orf any kind or join any group really. He's just going to quest for good. Simply good for goods sake and I think it's going to be awesome. I already beat a wolf half to death with a rock in my Gnosis Request story. While not an overly good act it was fun... and kind of justified.

Here it is below if you're interested.

Secret :
Timestamp: 3rd of Summer, 505 AV

The feeling of suddenly being somewhere one shouldn't be is a very curious thing. It is quite unlike any feeling you will ever have especially when the place you find yourself in is very different from where you were before. The subject to which I refer opened his mouth to proclaim such a thing but quite suddenly found it full of water. He chocked and coughed and looked all around him in a panic. He recognised something above him. A light, a familiar thing. He struggled wiggling and worming slowly gaining altitude until finally in one elegant splash he broke the surface of the water and gained a glimpse of the radiant light of syna's rays.

But what was it doing up there? And what was he doing down he- His thought was cut off as he went under again. Unfortunately he had forgotten to close his mouth again and got a mouthful of salty water for his trouble. He wiggled and wormed his way upwards again. It was a little easier this time. When his head broke the surface of the water he was a little bit more focused. He had to find not-water. A place that he could stand on. Yes, land. It was land! But where?

Wiggling his arms and legs to keep himself in something of a floating position he looked out and around. He spotted land not too far away and started to make an awkward kind of doggy paddle toward it. The exercise was strenuous (probably because he was doing it wrong) but he paddled his very hardest and eventually made it onto a nice sandy beach where he fell horns first into the sand and fell asleep.

A howl awoke him. He sat suddenly upright in the sand. He crouched down low to the ground. Something about this pose was familiar to him. He looked all around. He couldn't see any creatures but he was sure he had heard the howl of a wolf. He could picture the predator in his mind. Large, furry and lean stalking him in the darkness. Hunting with their brothers for the good of the pack. This stirred old, broken memories of similar times he had with his brothers. Brothers of Riverfall, Akalak brothers.

It was then he realised as he looked down at his body that his skin was no longer an iridescent shade of marble. He felt along his head for horns he knew to be gone. He had lost it all. He had fallen from grace. He had been stripped of his immortal form. He was blue; he was akalak; he was mortal. It all struck him in a silent moment of intense pain. His body tensed curling itself up into a ball and tears flooded from his eyeballs. He said nothing. He simply cried.

Some time later he heard another howl. This time it sounded almost in anguish. Before he knew what he was doing he was standing again crouched low. Lids closed across his eyes instinctively as he peered into the darkness. The world became a myriads of blues and purples and reds and oranges. Mostly all was cold. He picked up a heavy stone in one hand and stalked into the jungle. He heard the same howl again a few moments later and he began to move in the direction he thought he heard it from. Every time he thought about giving up the search he would hear the howl again.

Eventually he came to a clearing in the woods. There were two wolves and one seemed quite badly injured. They appeared to be fighting. Over what he could not tell. He was no wolf and had no wolf mind to contemplate what reasons wolves had to fight each other. The injured wolf was pretty much backed against a tree and was bleeding from several wounds on it's body and leg. They appeared to be bite and claw marks but he couldn't be sure. The uninjured wolf was snarling viciously at it's foe and kind of half-encircling it.

As he watched a breeze blew past him and both wolves suddenly stiffened. He realised almost instantly that they had caught whiff of their silent observer. There was only one option he saw fit now. He charged out of the bush at the uninjured wolf raising his rock and trying to club the wolf in the head with it. The wolf moved out of the way and snapped at him barely missing his thighs or perhaps it was merely a warning snap. He didn't know.

He did the only thing he could think of at this point he dropped into a low crouch with his hands out in front of him in a sort of guard. He began to circle the wolf trying his best to keep out of direct striking range. Every now and again the wolf would kind of step forward as if it were about to strike only to move back again just as quick. His enemy was clever and persistent. He'd lost track of the injured wolf. It had probably ran away or something.

Suddenly he charged the wolf again but found his foot stumbling in a tree root and instead he went charging into the wolf dropping his stone. The wolf hadn't been expecting a body slam much either so it was taken off guard and they both fell tangled onto the ground. He tried to roll away or on top of the wolf but it kept gnashing and trying to slash him with it's claws. It was all he could do to keep it from ripping out his throat. At one moment he was holding the wolf by the neck mostly trying to push it's head away from him but at the same time trying to actually asphyxiate it. He saw out of the corner of his eye a cold object. It was unclear in infravision so he let his infravision eyelids slide open allowing him to see with his normal eyes. There, under Leth's rays was the rock. He couldn't believe it. If he could just grab it he would be able to bash the wolf's head in. However if he let just one arm off of the wolfs neck it would overpower him. Soon his strength would fail him anyway. He had to take the chance.

As he decided on this course of action fate lent another hand to him. The wolf suddenly squealed and turned it's head to the side. He took not a single moments pause in grasping the rock and swing it around into the side of the wolf's head in a mighty blow. Stunned by the blow the wolf was ead weight for a moment and he took advantage of this by twisting his body around and pinning him to the ground. He didn't even pause as he brought the back for a second blow and a third blow and a- He stood and backed away from the wolf. As it got up he growled and gnashed at it as it had done to him earlier. The badly beaten wolf scampered off into the forest. Any intelligent animal knew to run from a fight when it was clearly beaten. He wasn't even sure if it would recover from this. He breathed deeply dropping to his knees He wasn't even sure if he would recover from this. He'd sustained a lot of cuts but thankfully he didn’t seem to have any major injuries.

After a few moments he looked around. He spotted there lying against the tree the injured wolf and he had a sudden realisation. “It was you, poor wolf. It was you who helped me in my time of need and distracted that awful creature.” He crawled over to the best still a bit too weak to stand. “I owe you my life.” The wolf looked up at him for a breahte moment before it's head fell onto the ground. “Wolf?”He asked knowing already no answer would be forthcoming. The wolf was still. He buried his face in it's bloody fur and he cried again for the second time that night.

Then he felt something push against his legs. A cold, little nose. He opened his eyes (which had been squeezed shut in anguish) and looked down. It was a little wolf pup covered in shaggy grey fur. He felt a second wave of emotional pain about to hit at the very though t of a poor orphaned wolf child but instead he sat back onto the ground. He picked the little creature up and did the one thing he could think of to comfort it. He gave it a big hug. After a while he pulled it out of his embrace and looked it square in it's cute, little face. “I'm sorry. I could not save your mother. She saved me and I couldn't save her... But I can save you. I can raise you up to be a strong wolf. I'll repay her by doing that. You see, little one? I must repay your mother so I will love you as if you were my own little child.” He hugged the creature again. “Truth is I don't have any parents either. At least I don't think so. I did have somebody though. She was beautiful and radient. All encompassing and warm. She was like a mother to me but I think even she has abandoned me now.”

I have not abandoned you.” He suddenly felt bathed in warmth. He opened his eyes to see the first rays of syna's warmth were peaking out from the darkness. However he particularly was bathed in a strange, warm glow. He was changing. His skin was becoming pale again and he knew that horns were growing out of his head. As he looked up he suddenly saw the Goddess herself before him in all of her dazzling beauty. He was lost for words and filled joy to be in her company again.

One night in the dark forests of this world and already you have risked your life to save a beast in distress and promised to care for her child now that she no longer can. You have not changed, little hero.” She looked down on him with such benevolence and warmth it was difficult not to feel completely and utterly appreciated. “I bestow upon you this gift that if you ever feel you have changed you may find yourself again in my light.” A hand lay upon his head and he felt for a moment complete as a surge of brilliant light filled his vision. When next he could see she was gone and he was sitting there in the new dawn holding the little wolf puppy.

“Hero, Herrrro, Heroe (He-row).”He said to himself. He liked that last one. It would make a fine name.

He stood tucking the wriggling little puppy under one arm. He felt suddenly purposeful. He had a job of some kind to do whether it was simply to spread the grace of Syna wherever he might go or a task for a hero he did not know. He did know that he would never let this world change him and that he would not stop trying to change the world...

PS :
deleted
Last edited by Heroe on August 7th, 2014, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heroe
Player

Words: 10854
Joined roleplay: July 26th, 2014, 4:23 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Shane Wallsly on July 31st, 2014, 1:12 am

Hey folks!

Going on holiday for a week with the folks tomorrow (or I guess today since it's 2 AM where I live right now). I probably won't be able to post. Might be able to log i eery now and the but I doubt I'll have the time or internet to post.

ImageImageImage

Shane Wallsly

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Shane Wallsly on August 6th, 2014, 6:14 pm

So, my holiday was a bit of a disaster. A couple of days in and my mother's partner fell down and broke his leg. He went to the hospital and they gave him a cast and all that. We tried to stick the holiday out but nobody was really in the mood after that so we packed our bags and called it quits.

So, I'm back now. Also, are any of you getting any warnings from this page about malware? My google chrome is trying to keep me from this specific page of my scrapbook. Very odd.

ImageImageImage

Shane Wallsly

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Shane Wallsly on September 6th, 2014, 1:02 pm

I just wanted to post a note up here to explain why I've been absent so much the past week or so and why I might continue to be just as absent. We recently installed a new Skyhub internet thing in my house because the old one was always disconnected and generally glitching out on us. However the new hub is actually worse. I don't seem to be able to stay connected for a time longer than 2-20 minutes. It's a real pain. I'm trying my best to write posts offline and such but you'll have to bare with me until my family and I can come up with a better idea.

ImageImageImage

Shane Wallsly

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Shane Wallsly on September 14th, 2014, 3:59 pm

Being an adult is hard.

Why is it that you get to a certain age and your parents just kind of completely turn around on you? It's like everything's perfectly fine and they house you and feed you and love you like they always did and then suddenly you're an adult and petch you. It doesn't make any sense to me anyhow. Well whether it makes sense or not I have descended upon two efforts in the past couple of months. To find a job and to find a place to live. Of course I need the job first in order to pay for my living in another place.

Both have been unsuccessful as of yet. All of the benefits of being my age are given to students. I have no experience and no credit rating merely because I've never had anything like a loan that would increase my credit rating. At least it's not a bad credit rating since I've never, by default, not paid something. I'm not even sure if that's how credit ratings work. All I know is I am a blank slate of a kid in a world of adults which require you to have lived a bit first before allowing you to live. This makes no sense to me either. Every job wants me to have experience and yet I cannot get experience without working first. The whole world is backwards and, if you haven't already guessed, I might be in a bit of a mood about that.

So why am I complaining to you? I'm sure I had a reason. It was probably to explain to those I'm threading with and those I have promised threads to in Fall why I'm so unavailable right now. It's really strange I don't do much all day except search for jobs and apartments online and yet by the time I'm finished with my search for the day I am just completely spent. I feel really guilty about that but I promise it will just be a hurricane of awesome once I have settled my outside-of-mizahar difficulties. Once all that is neatly dealt with and I'm sitting pretty in a rented apartment with a job the posts will fly so quickly and well written I'll be pronounced featured character of the millennia and given my own slice of Mizahar to rule as King for all time! Okay, maybe not quite anything like that but it'll be good and we'll have fun and that's why we're here, right?

ImageImageImage

Shane Wallsly

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext