Open Things Are Coming Together

Kelski, just released from her final interview with Guancho Li, roams the city looking for something to eat and perhaps a map to more familiarlize herself with the city.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Things Are Coming Together

Postby Kelski on July 5th, 2014, 4:10 pm

1st of Summer, 514 A.V.

It had taken most of the day to find The Shining Diamond and after that a considerable number of bells to talk to the owner. Kelski had known right away that he hadn't expected a kelvic. And she knew too with a certain dread that Guancho Li had spotted that in her immediately. When he'd asked her how old she was, Kelski had hesitated for a moment, and that's when the old man had blurted out that he wasn't going to waste his time teaching what he knew to a mouse that was going to expire in six months. And he made it plain he could see she was a kelvic and that unless she assured him it was a kelvic with a lengthy lifespan, the interview was over right then and there.

His demands weren't made because he was cruel. Kelski understood that. He was aged and not used to having his time wasted. And she hadn't balked much when he'd asked her to strip so he could see her shift and examine what sort of creature she exactly was. Kelski had been naked before men before, so to her the request wasn't unusual. She did as he asked and the jeweler bold as could be approached her large sea eagle form and reached out a thumb to touch her beak, wiping at the cream she'd placed on her lips to conceal their color. The transformation had carried the cosmetic over and her eagle's deep black beak tattled on the concealer she'd been using as a human. Bold as could be he grabbed her beak in his hand and wiped at the stuff lining her deadly maw and shook his head.

"It's shameful to hide who you are. If you are to be my apprentice, you will come and go openly as the kelvic you are. No secrets. I don't want anyone thinking I'm trying to deceive them. And a Sea Eagle... my my... I bet your eyes are better than mine by a long shot. And I bet you'll outlive most of the folk here as well. Alright. I've seen enough feathers. I prefer skin. Change back please." He said and Kelski had, trading one form for another.

Guancho Li didn't let her get dressed. Instead, he gave her a thorough looking at, turning her around and even boldly reaching out to touch some of the marks on her back. "You ever bonded?" The sea eagle shook her head.

"But you were owned." The girl nodded. "I was born to Svefra, sir. My eyes changed to this silver color early on. My pod was pressuring my mother to throw me into the sea since I wasn't born with Laviku's mark either. She traded me on shore for supplies instead. The man that took me kept me in a cage mostly, though he let me out to work and train. He died recently. And I just walked away." Guancho Li nodded.

"Slave then. But this is no brand." He said, tracing his hand down her back to cross over to her right hip. A gnosis mark glittered there like a mystical raised tattoo. "No sir." Kelski answered but did not elaborate. Guancho Li ran his hand over it again, looking thoughtful and waiting for her to admit what it was. When she did not, he smiled. "I know what it means, child. I just wanted to see if you would be forthcoming. Obviously you have your limits as do I. You'll take off your clothing for a complete stranger, but you won't utter a word about your love for Akajia. I understand." He said, turning her around once more. She wore a necklace made of silver holding a crescent moon wrapped around a swirling gem.

"Your work?" She nodded to his question and he smiled. "Good stuff. I've been meaning to branch out and make more holy symbols. Maybe I'll put you on that first and foremost. Get dressed, girl. And don't take your clothing off for anyone anymore unless it was your idea. I'm going to be your master now... your paying master.. not your slaver. So you'll be at work with me most of the days. You'll get every fourth day off, and have your afternoons free. I'm tired by early afternoon, so you'll stay no later than the fifth bell before you have time to yourself. I provide lunch here. We usually have it sent over from somewhere or send the security guard to get it." He said, starting his tour and taking her from room to room and then into the workroom to show her the jewelry forges and other equipment.

Kelski was charmed. Guancho Li was gruff but he was fair and she could tell he was a good person at heart. He was clear on his expectations and what she'd earn as pay. And he'd made sure she'd have free time in the city as well. Overall, the interview couldn't have gone better and she was excited by it. Her work would start on the morning, and after a few ten cycles Guan would make sure she got keys.

Kelski was excited. It was a new life. And she was happy to get going with it.

So with the tour concluded, expectations laid out, and Kelski's hours set, Guan turned her loose into the world to have a free day and arrange for somewhere to stay. The Kelvic didn't tell the old master that she'd already found herself a place and the cave was very nice. She had close food, shelter and warmth. Plus, there was a stream to bathe in when the weather allowed. As it grew colder she'd have to switch to some sort of bathhouse. But that suited her just fine. She didn't want to actually stay in the city. She just wanted to be able to be here.

And with that she took her leave of Master Guan and set out in the city. First things first, her grumbling stomach had her longing for some human cooked food. Then, she needed some sort of map of the city, so she could learn to follow it and see what all the towers were about and what the wwarren of shops was.

Kelski came out of the alleys where The Shining Diamond was and walked into the light of The Surya Plaza and simply started looking around. Her eyes were keen and she could see more than most non-kelvics. The crowd parted around her that was all intently moving somewhere else. But the Kelvic stood still, turning slowly, trying to decide which way to go.
They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Painted Sky Jewelry (The Wildlands) | Crossroads Jewelry (The Outpost)
Kelski
Freedom is earned. Fight for it.

Words: 2015452
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Alses on July 5th, 2014, 11:09 pm

Opals,’ sang the thought in Alses’ head, a gleeful little carillon that had been echoing with rising volume for quite some time now. ‘Opals opals opals!’ The radiant Ethaefal had quite a marked weakness for the gemstones, in particular the precious and prized black opals, full of secret shifting fire and so dizzyingly receptive to djed that to work with them – as a magesmith – was a heady pleasure.

She had a small collection of black opal jewellery, it was true – today she was wearing drop earrings from that very treasure-trove, fine masterpieces that glimmered and rippled with blue-green fire from the hands of the Shining Diamond’s taciturn proprietor – but the stones were hard to come by in Lhavit.

That scarcity was a testament to their rarity, given the exquisitely tortured geology of Kalea that made it a region ripe for the formation of most gemstones, but hope sprang eternal in Alses’ breast and so she made it a point, every so often, to drop in on the jeweller and peruse his wares.

Once in a while, her patience was rewarded and Master Li would draw back a cover with a flourish to reveal one or two of the precious stones glittering on cushions of black velvet. Sometimes they were set into pieces; earrings, brooches, necklaces and rings, and sometimes they were simply loose, waiting for a commission to turn them into masterpieces.

Alses had, in fact, toyed once or twice with the idea of buying a loose stone or two, something to roll pensively between her fingers and have glittering on her desk – but prudence had always intervened. She knew, without doubt, that sooner or later that beautiful, hypothetical black opal would go the way of the countless balls of paper her busy hands rolled and dropped, fumbled or flicked whilst she was busy thinking. And that…that would never do.

She moved through the crowds of Surya Plaza with an ease born of long practice and the deference the starry city gave to an Ethaefal – any Ethaefal - moving in a lazy arc across the acres of polished skyglass flags, heading towards the discreet and restrained little sign that was the only outward advertisement for the Shining Diamond’s existence, overshadowed almost into oblivion by more exuberant shopfronts and emporia on either side.

Even though her brain was almost entirely full of the prospect of opals and their glittering mien, her restless auristics was never satisfied and kept insistently feeding her a wave of impressions and feelings garnered, harvested and gleaned from the mass of citizens and transients that filled the Square’s expanse. It was a good place to put a finger on the pulse of the city – not the best, since there were too many temporary visitors, distorting the masterpieces her own personal artist unseen produced for her delight; that honour went to Springwater Square instead, but the Plaza was a good place nonetheless – and the rise and fall of the kaleidoscopic swell was a familiar one to Alses, comforting even.

Such attunement, even in the general sense, made certain auras stand out like shouts against the common milieu, even without any conscious effort: the disciplined pillars that were the Shinya guardsmen, for instance, two of them unobtrusively shadowing her at some remove as ever; the sharp spikes of an argument, or a person spoiling for a fight and, most welcomed and always looked-for: the particular acid-orange tang of a newcomer, someone fresh-settled in Lhavit and still dazzled at every turn by its beauties.

There was one, in particular, close to her destination, that most stood out, a bright and spiky array in all the colours of sea and sky; Alses tasted brine spray on her tongue and the lifting warmth of a rising thermal ghosting down her arms as she directed a flicker more of her attention towards it. Her sharp eyes picked out a figure standing against the random motion of the crowd, turning this way and that like a weathervane batted by playful breezes, and all aquiver with indecision and wonder.

It’s our duty to go over,’ Alses reassured herself as she closed the gap between them. ‘I am a representative of the city, after all. Perfectly reasonable for me to get acquainted with a newcomer. Nothing odd about introducing ourself, nothing at all.’ Even though most seemed grateful for a kindly citizen appearing out of the blue, there was always the worry, slight but ever-present, that she’d be rebuffed in some way and be made to look a fool and a sap.

It hadn’t happened yet, but with eternity in which to greet people, the odds were sadly stacked against her.

She was very close, now, close enough that mere physical appearance began to intrude on Alses’ auristic impressions, keen eyes analysing and evaluating. There was a certain sharpness to her features, a coiled tension to the muscles and the whole of her posture that Alses was vaguely familiar with; Shara, the lupine mistress of the Bharani Library, held herself in much the same way. It whispered ‘Predator’ to the bit of the brain hotwired into the spine; fortunately, intelligent people could override that shrieking little impulse to turn and flee, or else to acquire a big weapon.

Putting that to the back of her mind; this was Lhavit, and the Shinya were but a tick away and always alert for violence, she spoke up, voice light and cheery and sparkling like Riverfall champagne. “You look a little overwhelmed,” Alses began with a small smile, taking any perceived edge off her words. “New-settled in Lhavit, by any chance? Is there anything you’d welcome a little help with?
Alses
Lady Magesmith

Words: 1556681
Joined roleplay: August 8th, 2012, 2:32 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kelski on July 6th, 2014, 6:16 pm

The young Kelvic slowly turned and met the gaze of the glittering woman that had addressed her. Kelski had naturally large wide eyes that took in a great deal. They gave her the impression of being scared or startled a lot, even though that was not the truth. Alses could tell the kelvic took her time looking at the woman, not exactly sizing her up, but more like soaking in the details. Kelski smiled slightly, looked thoughtful, and shook her head. She felt like talking, which was not a usual mood for her, and so she took full advantage.

“Your glow makes you look taller than you are.” Kelski observed abruptly, knowing the woman was a good two inches taller shorter herself but wore power about her like some people wore cloaks. It made her have far more of a presence than most people would have. But as soon as she said it, Kelski wondered if it was the right thing. She watched quietly for the woman’s reaction and if nothing bad was forthcoming she’d continue.

“It’s is a new city. A big place. I like it, but I do not know it. There is a certain feel to this place that is different from where I was before. It is beautiful, with all the light through glass and all the people who are pleasant and happy. There is not an underlying sense of sadness or pain here. For this, I am glad. Some cities are not so lucky.” The Kelvic said, glancing around, and seemingly surveying the plaza. “I was hoping to find a map of the area, where to find places at. Places like food. My stomach is empty and I have the rest of the day to get some items I need for work tomorrow. I got a job.” Kelski said suddenly, abruptly, like it was just hitting her. The Kelvic seemed to have no filter on her thoughts and just seemed to speak what she thought when she thought it.

It definitely marked her as unhuman. And although she felt like she might be able to blend in with the people here, She didn’t always feel like she could be one of them. Kelski wanted to try though. Lhavit was a new place and a brand new start. “Are there often new people here?” She queried the other woman, studying her horns again, which had the Kelvic wondering if she was indeed another Kelvic somehow trapped in a partial change. “You have horns. Are you… a Kelvic?” The ombre haired girl asked, curious, and since the woman offered to help, free with her questions.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Alses on July 11th, 2014, 10:08 pm

Alses couldn’t stop the laugh that bubbled up out of her, a free and merry chuckle. “My glow? That’s a new one on me,” she said, still with a smile dancing on her lips. “We’re really not that tall at all, so I’ll take any advantage we can get.” That said, though, there were advantages to being small, ones that Alses used to their full extent at any opportunity.

A shadow flashed across Alses’ face as the Kelvic blithely continued, words spilling freely from her mouth without restraint. Not that that was necessarily a bad thing; it was refreshing to talk to someone uninhibited every so often. “The Diamond of Kalea didn’t always shine so brightly,” she muttered, almost reflexively, before continuing more brightly: “But those dark days are long behind us and the corruption torn out root and branch.” Conscious of what she’d said, Alses gave the hawkish Kelvic a reassuring smile.

Not that you need to worry, of course. Keep to the city laws and you can rely on the blades of the Shinya to keep you safe.” The city guards, after all, had a pervasive presence all through Lhavit, well-trained and – crucially – taught to think for themselves at that. Perhaps it was something to do with their training in Projection; mages, even such limited ones as the Shinya, had to be given a little more independence of thought and action.

Well, we’re not exactly swamped with new people,” Alses admitted with a smile to Kelski’s next question. Sharp eyes, auristics and a dash of experience all told her she was dealing with one of the Kelvic race, and so certain…allowances…were made, out of good manners. The short-lived race couldn’t be held accountable for an inbuilt quickness and a lack of time to learn the niceties of social contact, especially considering the heritage hotwired into their very beings.

Quite a few of the people in Surya Plaza right now don’t live here, it’s true; they’re visitors brought in on the Wind Eagle flights, or else from the great trading galleons we occasionally get in Port Tranquil, but most of them have been here before. Proper newcomers, people who’ve never seen the Diamond of Kalea before, they’re a rarer bunch. Welcome, unless they happen to be Symenestra or Zith, but rarer nonetheless; we’re not the easiest of places to reach, after all.

That, at least, was obvious; the knife-like mountains that crowded the city on three sides precluded land travel to all but the most hardy of Kelvics or most experienced of Morphers, and the ocean on the fourth side brought its own perils, barely understood. All in all, any journey to Lhavit wasn’t something undertaken lightly, save for perhaps by the Inarta of Wind Reach, soaring over the harsh terrain of the Unforgiving with ease on their great Wind Eagles, masters of the boundless skies.

A Kelvic?” Alses’ hands went instinctively to the intricate, glittering crown-of-horns, the most obvious sign of her own particular inhumanity. “Syna above, no! Not that we mean any offence to you and yours-” she added quickly “-but no. Almost the opposite, in fact. My kind are the Ethaefal, the eternal Chosen and Favoured of Syna or Leth – this is our city in fact, the closest to home we can get.” A gracious smile, even though Alses’ voice throbbed with an unconscious pride and delight that some mistook for arrogance. It was a charge frequently levelled at Lhavit’s Ethaefal by their detractors, racial arrogance.

Not that we’re in the majority here, of course; the Ethaefal are very few in number indeed, but we founded this glorious place nonetheless, and it still has some special regard for us. Whatever else the rest of the world thinks of us, Lhavit will always be our safe harbour and sanctuary.” Absently, Alses pursed her lips in thought, directing her brain to the last part of the barrage of questions, and then clapped her hands together vigorously, the sharp crack of shining flesh on flesh serving to focus her in the now a little more securely.

Now…you mentioned a map? Let us think…hmm…” Alses turned and turned in place, thinking, subconsciously assessing their position from the elaborate rooflines all around and trying to extrapolate from there. “Bharani will have one, of course – or even many – but we don’t think you’d be allowed to borrow one; they have a strict entrance policy. I’ve got one at the Radiant Tower, but that’s really a part of the table…ach…Give me some time to think about that one; food at least we can do. Mhakula’s does a decent spread, and they’re one of the best tea-houses in the city, too – it’s something of a specialty here, tea. You’re quite welcome to have a late lunch with me, if you’d like?

Alses paused and half-turned towards the Kelvic, giving her a short half-bow. “Our name is Alses, by the way; might we know yours?
Alses
Lady Magesmith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kelski on July 27th, 2014, 4:19 pm

The Kelvic watched the other woman with a slight sense of wonder. She was, in a lot of ways, the way Kelski wanted to be. Poised, confident, friendly and yet there was something about her to be taken seriously. She had shadows in her face too but they didn’t reach her eyes unlike her smile that seemed to light up her whole form. Kelski liked the woman immediately, unsure why she came to that conclusion.

Perhaps it was because she wasn’t afraid to mention bad things, even if she didn’t mention them in detail. It was as if she was giving a nod to a time in Lhavit’s history where things weren’t so sparkling and beautiful. In a way that reassured Kelski because it meant that she had come to a place that had a sense of history, both good and bad, which was a balance in the Kelvic’s mind.

“I can see why.” Kelski said in response to the woman’s comment about there not being many new folks. “It was a long difficult flight here. But it was worth the effort. The mountains are so very tall, each one unique and beautiful. My favorite part was seeing the hidden valleys and lakes that held treasures untold. There were even people living way up there, scattered, isolated… I never approached them though. They looked rough. This city looked to be the first place worth stopping.” The Kelvic admitted, reaching up to twist a finger in her hair and look thoughtful. Maybe she shouldn’t judge folks on how they looked, but with her raptor vision, from miles away she could see desperation, starvation, and roughness. It was something she wasn’t unfamiliar with so it was something she wanted no part of anymore.

The Kelvic moved with Alses, which was an odd thing, but when the woman took a step, Kelski adjusted, flowing with her in a way that was almost predatory but not threatening. She nodded to Alses’s words, and the other woman could tell she paid rapt attention. The Sea Eagle’s mind was sharp and she examined every word Alses told her like a jewel monger examined every stone for authenticity. And she was almost jealous and greedy for the words, for the contact, like it was something she’d been long starved of.

Her eyes turned from Alses to scan the plaza, trying to note who was a visitor and who was just new or a resident. The residents were easy to spot with their clothing and carefree sense of style. The visitors tended to look around with amazement and that lead Kelski to believe Lhavit had something of a tourism industry going, which was surprising so far from the main shipping lines and ports on the Suvan.

But she knew of the Wind Eagles, having seen them in her flights. They were things she steered clear of, being wary of any raptor far bigger than herself. She knew they carried people, just not that so many moved around like that.

Her attention snapped back to Alses at the mention of her race.

Kelsi nodded. “I had wondered. Before coming here I’d never seen someone with horns. But here, there are a few and they are not what I would expect of a horned race. Goats have horns, so too do deer, but your kind are far more graceful and almost seem holy.” Kelsi added, not sure how to put her thoughts into words.

When the woman started turning in place, Kelsi wondered if she was hunting. The Kelvic knew her eyes were sharper than Alses’… sharper than most everyone she knew… but the girl could not aid the woman in what she sought because she didn’t know what Alses was looking for.

“Thank you. I could make my own given time, but I would not know how to label it. I have started learning my letters and can read and write, but it is not a strong skill for me. I do far better at other things.” Kelski admitted sheepishly.

Then she smiled. “I’d love to have lunch. There are so many smells here and scents to follow but I do not know what to try first. My diet traveling has been limited to fish so I’d like something different, but before that my diet was even stricter so I do not know what things are what. Like there’s a smell… so delicious… I keep smelling. It is like mold but in a good way. It smells warm and hearthy but I do not know how to ask for it. I would like some of that.” The Kelvic sniffed again and all Alses could probably smell was fresh baked bread on the wind which matched what Kelski was describing.

“My name is Kelski. I would have told you sooner but I was taught not to give my name unless it was asked for.” The Kelvic said, more than ready to follow Alses to a meal if she truly meant what she said about letting the Kelvic join her.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Alses on September 3rd, 2014, 12:52 am

OOCKelski! I am SO sorry! I'm afraid this thread slipped through the dragnet, and I only came across it whilst trawling for completed threads. If I ever leave a reply so long again, shoot me a PM, please! I'm mortified I've kept you waiting this long.

Despite herself, Alses bathed happily in the quicksilver awestruck sense of wonderment washing off her Kelvic companion, secretly enjoying it even though she knew that, really, she shouldn't. Pride was ever the downfall, and in her heart of hearts Alses had to admit that she was a little vain, a little more open to flattery than she might have thought ideal.

Ah well, no-one – not even the glorious Ethaefal – could be completely perfect.

I can imagine it was difficult,” Alses replied. "We came here by sea, and that was bad enough." She cast a quick gaze over Kelski, one that nonetheless drank in and highlighted most things – Alses' regard usually gave people the distinct impression that she missed very little, these days. Was there perhaps still a tremor of fatigue deep inside, the merest shadow on the surface but still there? A stain on Kelski's aura, the gray poisons of tiredness winding insidiously through the brighter blaze?

Perhaps.

People?” Alses echoed, her train of thought – and gathering powers – derailed by the information. “As in, actual people, living out in the Unforgiving?” Alses shook her head in amazement. “Astonishing – although they might not last long,” she added, face darkening at the thought. “It's not a place for mortals, really: it's only through the constant effort of the Shinya down the centuries that the Misty Peaks – that bit of the Unforgiving close to Lhavit – has been pacified and made more-or-less safe.

They were walking, now, through the broad, gently-curving tree and flower-lined avenues that characterised the city, Alses trusting to her intimate knowledge of Lhavit to see them safely to their destination. Mhakula's wasn't far away at all - a short jaunt through sun-dappled boulevards and peaceful courtyards - and soon they were on final approach to the tea-house, its low domed and gilded structure flashing and winking in the sunlight, the perfectly-tended green lawn around it glowing with life. All in all, it was homely and welcoming amidst the profusion of towers, spires and minarets of Lhavitian architecture.

There are forty-eight Ethaefal in Lhavit, to my certain knowledge,” Alses said as they walked, her guards having fallen discreetly – to anyone who wasn't an aurist – into step behind them. “We're not exactly numerous – and may we remain scarce.” She cast an instinctive gaze skywards, right at the solar blaze of the sun overhead, totally unfazed by its burning regard, her own eyes seeking – in vain, as ever, no matter what magic she tried – whatever chasm she'd Fallen through.

Holy is right,” she added, with a mirthless smile, returning her gaze to somewhere closer to earth and her mind from the sacred to the profane. It was an effort. “Favoured and Chosen isn't just a title; it's what each and every one of us is. Servants of Syna or Leth for uncounted generations, each cycle through Mizahar purifying our souls just a touch, shaping us into perfection with the flow of Tanroa's river, until we were ready to be picked from the cycle to live in bliss with our gods in their heavens.” Her smile wavered and dropped away entirely, but then her slightly melancholic expression was wiped away as Kelski sniffed the wind, eyes sharp and body poised to plunge after whatever it was that caught her attention.

Mould?” Alses echoed, entirely perplexed, her own physical senses coming to the fore in lieu of auristics – it wouldn't serve her here. “Um, some cheese has mould in it, we're given to understand, but I can't smell it.” She took as deep a draught of the air as her lungs and nose would allow, sifting through the bouquet of smells thus presented – flowers, the faint stink of hot metal as the wind blew across the forges of A Touch of Fire, conflicting perfumes and a few less-pleasant scents from the people, and over it all the smell of fresh-baking bread, almost masking all the others, wafting from the little bakery shops that populated Lhavit's streets.

Is it perhaps possible that you mean bread?” Alses asked, head cocked quizzically sideways. “Don't try and answer that,” she added hurriedly. “But if it is – and that's the strongest thing I can smell - then Mhakula's has something even better: toast. And speaking of,” she added after a tick or two, nodding down the road they were now traversing, “There it is.

The sight of it quickened Alses' step, glittering like a gemstone on its green velvet cushion of the lawns, and billowing from its comfortable structure there were the mixing and intermingling scents of cookery and a hundred different teas.

The front desk was manned by one of the Interchangeable Yhavaos who owned the place – and had done since time began, as far as Alses was able to make out – who gave their little party a solar-powered smile as they approached, sweeping a short curtsey from behind the polished wood.

Good day, your grace! Ma'am,” she added, gaze flicking over to Kelski. “Your usual table?” Alses nodded to the delicate question, adding, for the benefit of her Shinya detail: “And another one close by, if you can manage it...

The Yhavao bobbed another curtsey, a second brilliant and slightly conspiratorial smile lancing out. “
As per the usual arrangement, your grace. If you'll follow me?

A chime or two later, and they were ensconced in the tea-house, surrounded by elaborate screens and delicate artworks. A large window flooded their table with light, Alses sliding into the seat in front of the glass with the ease of long practice, gesturing for Kelski to do the same.

We'll have a pot of the Sharai Special,” Alses murmured to the Yhavao who'd accompanied them, looking bright and chirpy and alert. “And a big slice of the chocolate cake. Could you come back in a few chimes; it's my companion's first time here, so I doubt she can rattle off her order just like that.

Of course,” came the reply, and the waitress shimmered off into the tea-perfumed recesses of the building, fading like a shadow until she would once again be needed.

Well,” Alses remarked, relaxing back into her seat and bestowing a lazy smile on the Kelvic opposite. “Isn't this nice?
Alses
Lady Magesmith

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kelski on January 21st, 2018, 10:28 pm

Kelski

Experience: Observation +3, Planning +1, Socialization +2

Lores: Socialization: Meeting Master Li, Socialization: Meeting Alses, Eth: What an Eth is

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)