[Azira's Vlog] Why I Shouldn't Be Allowed Talk

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum contains a new feature for Mizahar - Videos and Vblogs! Feel free to post your Videos, vblogs, chats, and comments here. Find us on Youtube under WritersRPG!

Postby Azira on August 8th, 2014, 9:29 pm

Okay so I made a vlog at last and with great difficulty. I apologise in advance for the terrible sound quality but I couldn't do anything about it or that weird hissing sound that's been recorded. Apparently air is loud.

Also please don't judge me for the weird sounds that I make or my facial expressions. Yeah just excuse my face.

So a bit of a ramble about how Azira started and why I love WR:

4 out of 5 active threads

Azira
Prodigal Daughter

Words: 907811
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2013, 3:43 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Alaia on August 8th, 2014, 11:52 pm

Omg you're absolutely adorable and I just want to squish your face and your accent.

You sound like me with my laptop webcam, I have no idea how to use it.

Azira is a great PC, I don't really know your other two but Azira is great and I really enjoy reading her!

Melarky! :D

(yes I'm commenting as I'm listening)

Yeahhh WR is not interesting at all, you get to fly with birdies and run around on a mountain and have an awesome caste system ... not interesting at all :D

I love hearing your thoughts on Azira, it's great to get inside your mind on her and why you created her.

The correct response to anything nice is "Shoot em!"

Okay I'm going to stop responding bit by bit now. More Vlogs! More rambles, more accent! *demands* >.<
Alaia
My soul whispers to you in the silence.

Words: 181488
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2014, 7:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Eleazar Victor Syroin on August 9th, 2014, 8:46 pm

It took me 10 seconds to realise where you were from and I spent the rest of the time swooning over your hair and your accent. Gah!

It was interesting to hear about Azira as I don't know her that well. :D Wonder if the next one will be about your other PCs, especially the one in Sahova.

Also you made me realise I have been pronouncing Caela completely wrong. You say it like 'Kay-la' and I've been going 'Sea-ay-la'.

Really enjoyed this and can't wait to see if you do another. :)
14/14
Fast feet and an unsound mind make a man fly.
Eleazar Victor Syroin
Ownership is a matter of Opinion

Words: 154090
Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2013, 11:13 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Azira on August 10th, 2014, 8:59 am

Alaia: You can demand all you like but I can't do one if I've nothing to work off of and someone was going to send me questions. :P

Elea: I don't have a PC in Sahova. Alaia/Rae does though. And what is it with you and pronunciations? You seem to come up with the most unique one and go with that. And yes, I will do another one. Soon. Maybe today but we shall see.

Azira
Prodigal Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Azira on August 10th, 2014, 8:03 pm

So because you were all eagerly awaiting a new video, I decided not to disappoint you all.

This has terrible sound again which I apologise for but I can do nothing about. So here is my rambling video about my Drykas, Waisana:

Azira
Prodigal Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Zhol on August 13th, 2014, 7:37 am

I've never had a horse try to steal my sandwiches, but I have had it try to steal my breakfast. We were in one of those enormous, big enough to stand up in tents, and I was sitting at a table minding my own business eating my cereal, and then suddenly this horse's head just appeared through the door of the tent behind me, and started taking way more of an interest in my food than I was comfortable with. It hasn't made me wary of horses, but I am now pretty protective of my rice krispies. :paranoid:

Anyhow, as previously forewarned I have questions, specifically crafted for maximum ramble potential!

One of the things you touched on in both your blogs is the fact that sometimes your characters don't do what you intend them to, or expect them to. Aside from being unexpected and unpredictable, have you ever found that to be a problem? Have you had any situations where what you want to do as a writer (plans, goals, specific scenes, thread objectives, etc) conflict with what your characters want / don't want to do, and if so how have you contended with that? Have you ended up with any regrets because of that - anything you didn't do that you wished you had, or things that you wished had gone differently?

Also, bearing in mind Zhol's background, I can't pass up the opportunity for an awkward hypothetical. Zhol is someone who left Endrykas, and is struggling to come to terms with certain parts of life/society in Wind Reach. If Azira and Waisana were to switch places, how do you think the two of them would fare in each other's city? Are there any aspects of the other society you think they would like/prefer, and are there any aspects you think they would absolutely hate? (Well, outside of Azira hating everyone and everything, that is. ;))
Zhol
Carry on, wayward son.

Words: 710796
Joined roleplay: July 10th, 2014, 4:45 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)

Postby Azira on August 21st, 2014, 8:09 pm

So the first of a number of Caela Dorin videos. I apologise about all the things that I say that make no sense. I can't do words today, something that I believe I mentioned in the video a few times.

Azira
Prodigal Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Eleazar Victor Syroin on August 23rd, 2014, 6:06 pm

Sorry (not sorry) for all the questions! :D Your fault for asking me in chat.

Also go ahead and laugh at Eleazar as much as you want both IC and OOC. He's far too ridiculous not to. I love the look on your face when you described why Caela found his name so funny. XD

Looking forward to the next one. Oh and Feel free to get your revenge on me in chat as I've been meaning to do another Alog so I need questions. :P
14/14
Fast feet and an unsound mind make a man fly.
Eleazar Victor Syroin
Ownership is a matter of Opinion

Words: 154090
Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2013, 11:13 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Azira on August 23rd, 2014, 7:51 pm

I'll admit to watching the video just to see how my face looked when I said that. Oh my facial expressions... :/ I will get round to the other videos soon and no doubt I'll be even worse where words are concerned. I'll think on something.

Azira
Prodigal Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Azira on September 13th, 2014, 7:13 pm

Okay so a second video to deal with the rest of Eleazar's questions concerning Caela. I may have gotten a little sidetracked at times but that's to be expected. It is me after all.

Azira
Prodigal Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next