Closed The Hot and The Cold

[The Fountain of Cascading Harmony] (I'saya) Head out into town and what sort of things can you find?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

The Hot and The Cold

Postby Ricky Maze on August 7th, 2014, 3:18 am

The Hot and The Cold
Summer 88th 514 AV, 10th Bell

Cool. That was how today felt for Ricky, given that summers were generally mild though, it was to be expected since this was the average kind of weather that the city would have. So what exactly did Ricky love about the average weather? Lesser need to cover skin. That's right, the clothes one could wear could definitely allow their skin to breathe without freezing from chilled winds. Even the breeze today felt amazing on the body parts that could be exposed to such wonderful weather, hence today Ricky spent his morning preparing for a walk around the town. Only he wasn't going to be alone today, because mini Ricky wanted to come! Telion wanted to come along of course but for some reason she just didn't feel up to it today, for some reason she just didn't feel too well to do much today. It was something that bugged Ricky enough to care, but after enough prodding and Telion ushering for him to go out with Martin for a while, he was reluctantly out the door with the bag full of usual essentials on one shoulder and Martin in his other arm.

The attire that was called for today had been Rick's usual new favorite outfit which consisted of the brown muscle shirt made of cotton and of course the beige cotton trousers that were trimmed at the knee for more comfort. The fashion not only seemed stylish to him but also allowed his lower and upper legs to breath better, and considering cool breezes could draft up the leggings that made wearing them all the more better in his book. Martin's outfit, instead of the white tunic he was usually put in, consisted of a small white cotton shirt with short sleeves, as well as small blue cotton trousers and small white socks to keep his feet warm at least. Martin didn't necessarily need his blanket along for the walk around Zeltiva, but it was packed in the back on Ricky's left shoulder as they would traverse the city. As they were through the Old Quarter and past the University had already came upon one place Ricky knew well, a sight that far too many of the locals loved to visit and enjoy.

The Fountain of Cascading Harmony.

"Take a good look son, dis 'ere is where yer Ma and Oi took our vows." Ricky said to the child with a hearty tone, an affectionate kiss planted on the side of the boys head as they closed in on the fountain. "Yew wanna look at de water some? Toss a coin in too maybe? Dunno if yew know how wishes work yet, but never t' early t' learn roi?" He cheered at Martin a few more before he playfully bit at the child's neck, his lips used to tickle the boy as he made munching noises to make the boy laugh. Then of course the gathered crowd around the fountain had the sound of awe as "whoa" and "wow" alike seemed to flood the air, as though some sort of spectacle was going on at the moment. It definitely caught the father's attention, since it was smack dab in the middle of the place.

Thus he let his curiosities get the better of him and explore, given the fact his sensory skills told him something else clung to the air. As unusual as it was he knew good and well what tended to be associated with this odd and different feeling, as he'd experienced it time and time again to be able to tell when to at least expect its presence. Magic. That's right, somebody around here was using magic. Given his history he'd much rather avoid other mages he wasn't exactly associated with, but seeing as how the crowd was in awe of some display, probably idiotic even, he might as well make sure the user doesn't go burning down buildings....
Last edited by Ricky Maze on September 17th, 2014, 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Hot and The Cold

Postby I'saya Tuvalik on August 18th, 2014, 3:15 am

Bright laughter burst from the lips of I'saya Tuvalik as a crowd gathered around her. She had become used to the attention in Zeltiva, and rather than take to her usual acrobatic display... she took to a different tactic. She selected a young lady from the crowd, curtsying in her direction before taking both of her wrists and began to dance. A slow sway took the young Azenth and her partner. The Tuvalik placed her partner directly in the center of the crowd and whispered in her ear, a giggle escaping her lips before she grabbed hold of her hand.

One hand to another, a slow, sleepy sway moving the Tuvalik's body. She was slowly orbiting the woman, her sway taking her close to the woman's body, an almost sensuous sway meant to distract the crowd as I'saya tapped into the reaches of her soul. Res built upon her hands, a vermilion gel that she allowed to traverse along the other woman's skin. A stream of vermilion swept along her body, hopefully hidden by the Tuvalik's dance before it gathered approximately one foot behind her. A cylindrical platformed shape was moulded with the Res before I'saya willed transmutation.

Earth.

The Res turned into smooth stone, fissured slightly at the base. It likely would not suffice for an extended performance, but she needed it only for a moment. She climbed upon the platform, delicate hands placed upon I'saya's partner's shoulders. She pressed down upon the woman's shoulders. She arched her core, sweeping her body in a horizontal position and bent her knees. A powerful thrust upwards drove her legs skyward. The position was extremely hard on her partner, but I'saya, taking this into consideration, pushed down one last time.

The motion brought a pained expression upon the other woman's face, but I'saya pushed herself off from her body. Her trajectory took her straight foward, and I'saya tucked into a roll, landing upon her feet after a moment. Astonishment was present upon the faces of the crowd, but I'saya was distracted by pain. Her core strained violently with the motion, her arms fatigued and over-extended.

That should be enough acrobatics... I'll play with some fire now...

She took care not to wince, using every ounce of her will to move straight forward and bow. She smiled at her partner before stepping back to where she stood to begin.

"Please, take a step back, everyone. Bear witness to the breath of Ivak!"

I'saya wove the Res into her throat, relishing upon the chance to release fire as chills erupted down her spine. She shook slightly with the will to move forward, happiness flowing through her conscience as she burst the Res forward. A larger concentration of Res was built into the spectacle, and when she willed transmutation, the resulting fireball rose from her mouth. Spherical flame compiled above her, a trail of ignited Res left as sputtering flames. Heat would cascade from the spherical ball as it dissipated, I'saya reveling in the release of fire before she turned to the crowd once again.

I'saya took a bow, and with the performance complete, she sat herself down, her legs strung out before her as she sough to stretch out the kinks that her performance had brought upon her.

Common | Arumenic | Fratava

I'saya Tuvalik
Player

Words: 48140
Joined roleplay: June 6th, 2014, 5:28 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Hot and The Cold

Postby Ricky Maze on August 20th, 2014, 8:05 pm

To get the chance to watch this acrobatic woman perform had to be something worth seeing, since Zeltivan didn't often have very many entertainer's out in the streets. Yet even while he watched this woman as she displayed incredible acrobatic prowess, in his standards anyway, he still felt that there magic that still clung to the air somewhere. His guess of course wasn't too far off either, as shortly after her final act came to a close she practically breathed fire after the jump had been landed. Many of the people were surprised and awed but in the end all that seemed to reside was the residual sound of applause, as the crowd would proceed to disperse once the red headed lady had taken to rest at the fountain.

"Damn..." Ricky mumbled with his eyes fixated on her, he couldn't help but wonder just how exactly she managed to pull it off. She'd 'ad t' 'ave spat 'er Res out an' transmuted it at de roi time. He thought as he replayed the moment in his head over a few times, he had to admit she definitely looked skilled as a Reimancer for one so young. When he felt Martin wiggle about in his arms out of boredom, Ricky's eyes finally seemed to break free from watching the young lady. He'd been caught up in a specific train of thought that he literally forgotten what he first came here for, that is until the little wonder in his arm brought him back to reality for a reminder. "Whoops! Did Pa fergit dat he brought yew 'ere fer a reason? Did he?" Ricky cooed at the boy as he held the child with both hands to raise him up some.

When Martin was elevated he started to laugh as Ricky would bounce him just a bit, even more when the father playfully nibbled at the baby's tummy. After that was done Ricky held him close with his right arm once more, as they both reached the fountain to see all the glittering coin beneath the water. "See son? Everybody who has a wish t'rows a coin in, whet'er dat wish comes true or not is up t' dem t'ough." He told the child as they took a seat at the fountain, oddly enough close to the very same vibrantly ginger hair colored woman that just finished her performance. "Lemme tell ya a secret t'ough, dis fountain... really does grant wishes. It gave me yew, me lil' minnow." He murmured it as though it were just a secret between them, a wide smile on his face as the child seemed to just watch the water as it trickled down the statues and into the base below.

Finally Ricky managed to take notice of this girl once more, although he only glanced rather than stared like he did moments ago. "T'was a good performance lassie. If ya don't mind me askin, do ye do t'ose often?" He was tempted to ask how she pulled off the trick with the fire, curious to see if his assumption from earlier was accurate or not. Seeing as how they were both at the same place though, he might as well get to know just who this young lady was.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

The Hot and The Cold

Postby I'saya Tuvalik on August 31st, 2014, 8:20 am

There was pain. This fact was indisputable, but in the midst of elation, the pain had no meaning. In the moment of celebration, the physical body was swept aside. The spiritual gave no purchase to it, and as the Azenth girl dove into a moment of prayer, full lips parted as a silent prayer was cast to the God of Fire. Words were cast aside, for in the moment, there was no need for them. Instead, the chosen medium for interaction were the very flames from which the depth of faith were born. Drawn from the depths of the soul, djed moulded into Res, gaseous vermilion wisps rising along the expanse of her arms as she lifted them above her head.

A moment pased as the gas permeated upon her skin, rippling at the surface before the layered film arose from the skin. Res parted from flesh, clinging unto itself and forming the temporary shape of a ball before the Azenth moulded it further. The young Tuvalik stirred the Res with her thoughts, forming two distinct lengths, each equal in length to the arms from whence the Res originated. They formed mirror images of her arms, each one spiraling about the other until merely the hands were left unwoven. This would not last. I'saya lacked the fine control of her Res to have each finger weave into one another. however, she willed the hands to press to one another.

It was when Res flickered against Res that Transmutation was to transpire. Both hands were set ablaze, beginning at the hands and traversing along the length of the Res-formed limbs. With the flames, the Res lost its shape, flames erupting outwards, waves of heat radiating from the concentration of transmuted Res until ultimately, the flames died away, the prayer complete with the extinguished light. And with the fading light, the Azenth's prayer was complete. Lips formed a bright smile, and immediately afterwards, she set about to soothe the needs of the body.

Elation casts its spell, but pain was beginning to find its hold. The Azenth's body was strung forward, extended toes met with delicate hands. The Tuvalik pulled at her toes, bringing them back with her fingers, the muscles at the back of her thighs stretching with the effort. After holding the stretch for several moments, she switched to another. Arms flung to the floor as her core contracted. Legs swung with the movement of the abdomen and I'saya found herself lying upon her stomach. Hands pressed to the ground once again, the Azenth's shoulders and head raised as her legs remained staunch against the ground. The motion stretched her abdomen, and I'saya was grateful for it after several ticks. She remained in this pose for quite sometime until her attention was diverted by a strangely accented voice throwing a question at her.

The Lhavit-born Azenth was not accustomed to the distinct and nearly unintelligible accent, though she repeated the man's words in her head once, then again until she captured what he asked her.

"Well, of course! I am a performer. If I didn't perform regularly, then I wouldn't be one would - "

It was in the middle of her reply that I'saya caught sight of the baby in the man's arms. She squealed, quickly scrambling to her feet before stepping towards the man. There was little notice and her movements were quick, sprightly. She gasped with delight and extended her arms towards both the sailor and his little baby,

"
He's so CUTE! Can I hold him? Can I? Can I?! What's his name? How old is he?!"

I'saya Tuvalik
Player

Words: 48140
Joined roleplay: June 6th, 2014, 5:28 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Hot and The Cold

Postby Ricky Maze on September 4th, 2014, 3:24 am

Ricky didn't really watch her for too long as she seemed to fell within meditative period that involved stretches, given the fact when one generally stared it came off as rude and inconsiderate after a certain amount of time passed. Of course when she seemed to finally respond to his question she did so with such enthusiasm, along with the sudden outburst of excitement in the sight of the curious little baby that rested on his lap. Now it was his turn to be a bit surprised in this moment, where he had to mull over what she had all said just before it was left up to him to make a choice.

Let her hold him? He laughed a bit as he thought about it, the manner of interest she held in Martin had definitely been something Ricky should've expected. But of course he never thought to encounter such reactions even when it seemed that people were interested half the time, maybe it was because everybody just loved seeing babies in general, all he knew was that in this particular moment a young lass with magic wanted to hold the baby. Last time Oi met a young mage he wound up leechin' Djed from me... He recollected out of automatic apprehension due to paternal instincts, but this girl was certainly far better compared to that.... thing. Whatever he was.

"'is name's Martin, an' he'll be a year ol' next season." He answered back quickly with a smile on his face, the consideration for her request already thought out as he chuckled afterwards. "Ye gotta 'old 'im gently now, an' try not t' be so excited. He gits nervous roun' new people 'alf de time." He told her as he picked Martin up underneath the boy's arms, the child was then brought over to be held for the young girl to take. In the process of this of course, after she would accept holding Martin, Ricky would slide a few inches closer to her. For paternal reasons only of course.

Martin didn't know this young woman at all, therefore Ricky had to be sure he was still close by the child at least. That and given the fact his son still had anxieties with being separated from his parents, especially after the whole season long trip that was made to and from Syliras, it just felt like the better idea to make sure the boy knew his father was still there and still in arms reach. That way he wouldn't freak out or start crying while the girl would hold him.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

The Hot and The Cold

Postby Perplexity on November 15th, 2014, 4:50 pm

Ricky :
Skills:
  • Storytelling | +2 EXP
Lores:
  • Storytelling: The Place of Our Vows
    Storytelling: Story of the Fountain

Comments :
Sorry to see things come to a close. If you have questions, comments, or concerns feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)