Completed A night at the inn

After applying at the job center, Saede decides to visit The Herald's Arms

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A night at the inn

Postby Saede Lare on September 23rd, 2014, 11:12 pm

Fall 514, Day 1
Saede pushed open the door into the Inn. Immediately, she noticed the temperature change and the playing of music. When she entered she quickly scanned the room, attempting to determine the atmosphere of the building. It seemed to be a fine, friendly place. She eased into it, and looked for somewhere to sit. Finding a place at the bar, she sat down and ordered her dinner.

(Post info:
Mid Evening
Located at "The Herald's Arms" http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic28701.html)
Help with the Fall Harvest OR Winter planting Complete!
Attend the Harvest festival Complete!
Help with repairs around the city
Swim in the suvan

Sass your superiors or play a harmless prank on the knights
Collect mushrooms/herbs in the forest
Help a stranger
Get caught in the rain/snow

Gamble at the Spinning Coin
Sing or play an instrument (Whistling or humming doesn't count)
Visit The Temple of All Gods and learn about a new God or Goddess Complete!
Eat/drink a speciality of a different city/region (i.e. Kelp beer from Zeltiva, Chocolate from Kenash, exotic fruits from Falyndar)

Alternate Characters: Isda Plorall
Saede Lare
Among the Changed

Words: 43957
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 2:37 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A night at the inn

Postby Maia Stonesoul on September 23rd, 2014, 11:28 pm

Maia wandered down the streets looking for someplace he could sit down and talk to someone when he came across a sign that read
"Inn-" Maia didn't bother to read past that and rushed inside.
The sound of music as he walked in heightened his expectations of the place
"Somewhere to sit somewhere to sit...." He mumbled to himself as he walked towards the bar, not realizing he looked very questionable as he walked around with his scythe and adjusted the assortment of knew knifes in his coat.
Maia Stonesoul
Player

Words: 5854
Joined roleplay: September 21st, 2014, 7:07 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A night at the inn

Postby Saede Lare on September 23rd, 2014, 11:41 pm

Saede turned to face the man who had entered the inn, he appeared rather flustered, but otherwise good looking. As he came to sit beside her, she noticed the scar on his eye. She wondered to herself where he got it.

"Hello there sir,"

She said calmly to him, not wanting to surprise him. She almost instantly regretted it, seeing as how he was adjusting the knife in his pocket. She noticed how judgmental the thought was, and corrected it to something like 'I've got nothing to do while I wait, may as well talk to somebody.'
Swim in the suvan

Help a stranger

Eat/drink a speciality of a different city/region (i.e. Kelp beer from Zeltiva, Chocolate from Kenash, exotic fruits from Falyndar)

Saede Lare
Among the Changed

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A night at the inn

Postby Maia Stonesoul on September 23rd, 2014, 11:55 pm

Despite her calm tone of voice Maia nearly jumped when the stranger greeted him, but when he looked to see it was a attractive young woman he quickly collected himself and made sure his hair was covering the scar as best it could.
"Good day ma'am, mind if I join you?" He greeted her back
Trying to be slick he leaned on his scythe but awkwardly almost fell in the process.
Maia Stonesoul
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A night at the inn

Postby Bakar on September 24th, 2014, 12:05 am

Bakar was sitting in the corner of the inn by himself. He came here, not too often, when he needed to get out of his house. All the staff ignored him by now, there was something about him that was off putting, and whenever asked he never ordered any food, rented a room or searched for "companionship". The staff thought about tossing him out several times, but they could never work up the courage to approach him. Not that he would have fought against it. Quite the opposite. If asked, Bakar would leave without question, quietly, no fuss.

He was here for the people watching. Staring at a wall all day became quite tiresome over the last 50 some years, so he started coming here to be surrounded by noise. He wasn't a fan of silence. "Maybe that's why you started talking to yourself." He whispered quietly. He shook his head. He had begun talking to himself in recent years. Lonely, he always thought.

A young girl walked in, no more than 20, if that. She made her way to the bar, and was quickly served. Soon after, another man walked in and sat near her. Carrying a scythe, used as a walking stick. The young woman turned to the man and said something. The man was startled, quite the opposite Bakar was expecting. He looked the rugged, tough type. He said something back, and leaned on his scythe, nearly falling. Bakar couldn't quite hear over the rest of the inn, but he raised an eyebrow at the two. "Two new people in one night, this is interesting." Bakar leaned back, sinking further into the corner where he would be less noticeable and watched them intently, hoping for some development. Most of the people here were the same as always, and watching them over the years had grown boring. New people were almost always exciting. He loved to watch them interact, being unable to do so himself. People avoided him, he made them uncomfortable, for whatever reason. It's almost as if they could sense there wasn't something right about him, no matter how much he hid it. He looked at his reflection in the nearest window, making sure his makeup was still intact. It was. No one could see the undead eyes. To them, he just looked like a pale, thin man.

He turned back to the two newcomers, waiting for some development.
As of Summer, 63, 515, Bakar has a different body! If never met you before, then this doesn't really matter to you, but people I've met should take this into account, as you're really unlikely to recognize me. :P
Bakar
The Quiet Undertaker

Words: 136278
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2014, 7:53 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

A night at the inn

Postby Saede Lare on September 24th, 2014, 12:08 am

Saede smiled in return to his clumsy reaction, and said;

"Sure, It'd be nice to talk with somebody." She paused for a moment, and continued. "Would you like to eat together?" She said casually.

She leaned forwards onto the counter, trying her best to be genuinely friendly. She had only just arrived and was either hoping to find out some information in the city, or at least occupy some time. She felt a bit tired, and was eager to sit by a fire and have a nice chat. Maybe I'll even make a friend here. She thought.

(She has not yet noticed the man at the back. Only 5 observation.)
Swim in the suvan

Help a stranger

Saede Lare
Among the Changed

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A night at the inn

Postby Maia Stonesoul on September 24th, 2014, 12:27 am

Maia sat down next to her smiling, still a little embarrassed from his display of clumsiness.
"I'd love to." He only ordered something to drink when asked by the bartender.
"May I ask your name? Myn is Maia" he held out his hand for her to shake. Although trying to be as friendly as possible it's obvious he isn't much for starting conversation.
Maia Stonesoul
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A night at the inn

Postby Saede Lare on September 24th, 2014, 12:37 am

"I'm Saede, nice to meet you."

She took his hand, and shook it in a gentle manner. Noticing her food had been placed in front of her by the server that was hustling back and fourth throughout the inn, she picked up her utensils and started cutting the pork placed on her plate beside a baked potato.

"I'm from Valtherim," She started. "But I really never lived there. I lived in Sunberth for a while, until I arrived here just earlier today. You?"

Saede was hoping to herself that he wouldn't ask why she left Sunberth, or how the journey here was. She stabbed a piece of the pork, cut it, and started to eat. Looking encouragingly at Maia to continue, she only now really took in her surroundings. There were people around, most of whom were at tables socializing, a few servers running around, and some people going up to the second floor, where she assumed the rooms were. Noticing how distracted she was, she returned her attention to Maia.
Swim in the suvan

Help a stranger

Saede Lare
Among the Changed

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A night at the inn

Postby Maia Stonesoul on September 24th, 2014, 12:51 am

Maia was relieved when Saede shook his hand, last time he tried to shake someone's hand bad things happened..."It's a pleasure to meet you Saede" Maia's drink arrived soon after Saede's food but didn't seem interested in it, he was occupied by his curiosity of the girls journey
"I'm kind of a wanderer... Not really from anywhere.... So you must have had quite a journey! Anything exiting? " Maia questioned, prepared for a story
Maia Stonesoul
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A night at the inn

Postby Bakar on September 24th, 2014, 12:58 am

Bakar couldn't hear what they were talking about, but he was sure he heard a mention of Sunberth. This intrigued him. He stood up from the corner table and made his way to the bar, taking care to avoid the two's line of sight. He didn't sit right beside them, but close enough that he could hear their conversation. The staff shifted uncomfortably when he sat at the bar. The bartender carefully made her way to him, and nervously asked what he'd like. "Nothing." Bakar said, head down, hiding his mouth.

The women had arrived earlier today, the man was a wanderer. They both seemed friendly enough. He heard the man call the woman Saede, and ask her about her journey to Syliras. Bakar sat, head hung, silently, listening. He was hoping for a story, something to make this trip worth it.
As of Summer, 63, 515, Bakar has a different body! If never met you before, then this doesn't really matter to you, but people I've met should take this into account, as you're really unlikely to recognize me. :P
Bakar
The Quiet Undertaker

Words: 136278
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2014, 7:53 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Next