Closed [Various] Honey and Feathers

(Aider and Uncle) Bringing another into the fold.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Various] Honey and Feathers

Postby Fallon on October 20th, 2014, 12:14 pm

65th Autumn 514 AV
The Streets of the City

"Okay, you got that?" she breathed, eyes fixed into narrows down onto the lad. It was in the shadow of some alleyway that she spoke, a brief point out to the target she had selected out by name and looks. There was a push of the package into the lad's hands, her eyes burning down onto him he simply nodded, "You go out there and do it then right?"
"Yes, yes miss,"
he managed to nod, already beginning the motions of feigning fear. Her lips peeled back into a curl, eyes bright as she looked down upon him pleased with how things were playing out - everything would fall into place when executed correctly, and so with that in mind she turned her gaze to her partner for this job. A wink from beneath her hood, a flash of a grin before she shooed the lad out into the open.
"Good good. Get to it then," There was a flicker of the gaze to the other, eyes wide as she considered what was to be next, "Best get ready to move. Going to be fun."

She watched after the courier as he ran, heavy breaths and clutching the parcel he had been given tightly. He ran, barging his way through the crowd as he moved onwards to the pointed out target. A man, human, taller than her with dark hair. Whilst many had seen him as a face in the crowd, even she knew that he had heard the faint mumblings of rumours of the Scars upon his ears. And in return, the whisper of interest had reached her. Eyes came into narrows. The foot falls of the courier as he made his timely approach, and let out a fearful cry into his voice as he collided into the man. Stammering, her lip gave a curl as she watched from a distance.

"Please take it!" She heard the courier speak, loudly enough for her to hear, frantically shoving the parcel into the man's hands, "Whatever you do, don't open it! They're after me! Please, I'm begging of you." The whip round of the head, the look of fear within his face - he was good to say the least, "I can't let them, just for a little while!" The pleading tones, the pushing of the package upon his hands, "I promise, I'll get it from you. I just..." He sobbed, and Fallon gave a small click of the fingers to her partner to grab his attention. Her head gave an incline out from their shadowed spot - signalling for him to get ready, "I just can't let them-"
"Look alive. Your cue is coming up,"
Fallon mumbled to the other, stepping back into shadows, "Remember, loud voice. If the courier has the package still grab firm, be angry. If the guy has it... just chase the courier off around the corner to the meeting point. Get me?"

She did not wait for an answer, her eyes locked firmly upon the scene and seeing how the new potential would react. Analysis, study, investigation of character. Lips were licked, watching the final forceful push of the courier before the true game would begin. The courier sobbed, "Please, just for a little while. Don't let anyone have it. Just... meet me at the Quay! I'll take it from you then. Please!"
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Aider Silander on October 20th, 2014, 3:54 pm

The day had started out normal, aside from the beatings and fights that took place through out the city. The Nykan had decide to leave the tavern he was occupying. Slightly intoxicated, he shook his head trying to focus when something ran into him and screamed.
"Are you alrig" he started to speak before being cut of by the childs voice as he shoved the parcel he was carrying into Aider's arms. "Please take it!" he shouted. Aider opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by the child again. "They're after me!" he yelped. "Who is they and why are they after you?" Aider asked. Finally getting a word in through the kids pleas. The kid just looked up at him before saying "I'll get it from you. I just." Aider sighed "You just what? Kid you need to speak clearly and tell me who's after this" he said raising the package up in his hand.

Any strolling by who looked their way would be able to see it, as would anyone who would be watching them.
"I just cant let them" the kid said. "Cant let them what? Who is them? Why are you running and what is this petching thing?" Aider asked. "I cant help you unless you tell me what is going on" he said. "The Quay.. Alright sure what ever. Just get going" the Nykian said with a wave of his hand. He tucked the package under his arm and sighed. A normal day wasn't a thing anymore but even the Nykian didn't know what was going on. His eyes scanned his surroundings, but he saw nothing out of the ordinary. Aside from the kids cries and pleas the day was normal, or at least it started out that way. But Aider had a feeling that it wouldn't be for much longer.

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander
She has my heart on the end of her blade.

Words: 170163
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2013, 4:03 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Pulren Marsh on October 24th, 2014, 12:15 am

In the darkness of the alley, Pulren relished his role as it unfolded before him. As far as personae went, Palaren was a West Streeter snob, Pulren was an unknown, but probably a good hearted fighter from Zeltiva, but Uncle had not really seen the light of day. Sure, the line was given often. '...my friends call me Uncle'. But who was the Uncle that his friends would call on? It had to be Palaren in a social setting, but the fancypants didn't settle so well in a fight. No, Uncle had to be something else entirely, especially if he would be a believable presence among Sunberthians.

Fortunately, he had dressed the part. Clad in his studded leather and his fancy boots, Uncle had thrown a scarf picked up earlier in the day around his face and neck. This not only aided in the acting by proxy, but also aided in intimidation. He wasn't sure about the temper of the mark, so he chose to carry his trident rather than the ornamental kukri. He had to learn how to use that damned wicked knife sometime. Watching as the little courier took off toward the target, Uncle was preparing himself, thinking about being the Uncle that he had presented. Make the myth real. Real enough to be told as a myth again.

Listening to his instructions from the Red, make that Dead Wolf of Sunberth, the man becoming the Uncle character simply nodded and smiled, though the smile could only be known by himself, as it was covered thoroughly by the dark brown scarf. "I'll do you proud, Bitz." He could tell that he might enjoy being Uncle more than Palaren. Maybe it lacked in the company of half or fully naked women, but the thrill of the hunt seemed even more graphic and visceral in this setting. Lowering his head, he emerged from the shadows, trident up at a jogging line.

As he emerged from the alley, he made a point to look both directions, as if his little courier had slipped his scent for the moment. Then his eyes would set on the pair as the mark waved the courier off, package in hand. Uncle made a point to stare directly at the young lad.He may have actually been startled by the costume and acting, because when he made eye contact with the imaginary pursuer, the courier ran as if a demon was biting his heels. Once he sighted the package, he slowed his pursuit to a leisurely trot, this even slowing to a purposeful walk. His eyes changed from those of the mark to the package itself. Pulren wondered what would happen next. Uncle hoped the rabbit ran.
Last edited by Pulren Marsh on November 29th, 2014, 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Aider Silander on October 27th, 2014, 6:50 pm

Aider took the package, now tucked under his jacket, and began walking towards the direction of the Quay. He had noticed the man appear from and made it a point not to run. Like any predator, even humans enjoyed a good chase. But running was Aiders style. He would rather trick his pursuer and make him lose his trail. He tucked and weaved through the crowd. The package secure under his jacket. Aider glanced over his shoulder to see if the man was coming. But the streets were to busy to really tell.
"Stick to the main roads, take an alley and you'll lose your way" he mumbled to himself. Walking with his head down, averting eye contact with anyone who looked his way. He walked down the main streets of the sunset quarter.

He looked up as he rounded a corner making his way to the Pigs Foot Tavern. He slipped inside and over to the bar. He stood next to a man who looked rather built and whispered something in his ear. "Two gold Miza just make sure the man with the scarf around his head does not leave the tavern for a few chimes" he whispered. Passing the man the two gold and exited the tavern.

He hurried down the street, hoping that his pursuer would be held up for a long enough time for him to make it to the Quay. He had already invested to much in this to not see it through. A groan escaped his lips as his free hand rubbed the bridge of his nose. It was to early for him to rest now. Where there was one thug there were usually more and chances are they knew the city better then he did. He followed the winding streets, down the only path that he knew of that led to the Quay. The gates of the Quay appeared before him and Aider slid his way inside. Trying to blend in with anyone that may be there.

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Fallon on October 28th, 2014, 7:33 pm

And so the game began.

Lips pulled back into a curl, her eyes widening as 'Uncle' made his move. The Scarf was brought up, the trident held tightly within his grasp as he stepped forward. The courier was still doing his thing, and the target prey for this exercise took it without denial and a lot of questions. Which alerted one thing in her mind, he most probably was not a local by any means. Locals had a way of not asking questions and shunning most people when they were asked. Or, generally gave only quick, abrupt answers to continue on their way - as she had learned in the process of investigating various events over the past season. She gave a frown, eyes coming down into narrows as she watched the jaws close in and the world came alive.

It was her own black cloak that was pulled around her, a slower, less obvious pace as the steady footfall marked her way towards the target. The courier only seemed to give a frightened glance back as he dashed off between the crowd and out of sight to the disclosed meeting point. It was the other that she was more curious in for the moment however, and whilst Palaren would follow him and cause some potential upset - they knew the final destination he would go to. Just as planned. The Quay, a point of contact useful to them all in which to swarm and grasp upon. It was cruel in some regards, but it was necessary.

The target shifted, and spurred himself onwards with quicker steps. Good, avoid confrontation for the moment, stick to what was known, work out the seriousness of the situation. Both men dipped out of sight of her vision, and so the woman moved, steady steps always going forward until she ducked herself into another one of the alleyways. It was there that the courier stood, breathing still quick from his sprinting and a momentary flinch when she appeared cloaked in a veil of black. There was true fear then, almost as if she was some knife sent to attack before he realised who it was. He gave a snort, and relaxed himself.

"Did it," He breathed, glancing back through the narrow alleyway. The men were surely gone and away now, leaving her with the lad. Fallon gave an approving nod and flashed a gold Miza at him in encouragement. It was his fingers that reached out to take it before her own fist curled around it and smothered it in her hand out of sight.
"Not yet," She gave a tut and returned the coin into shadow, "Need to do all the work. And if you do it all, it's yours. Remember? Go on, he'll be waiting at the Quay. Best get ready to meet him."

He moved on after that, leaving Fallon alone for those few moments before she pushed off again. Her foot fall was quick, light and determined as she sent herself back through the crowd. She had a vague sense of direction on the way the man had gone, and so she followed the best path. The main street greeted her, watching the man make a beeline to the establishment. A momentary pause outside, she kept her eyes scanning and looking. Palaren should have been around, but the closing in bodies was making things difficult for her to work out - not that there was any immediate rush. It was in the street that Fallon released a whistle and then gave a small call, "Oi, Uncle, you about? You find him?"
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Pulren Marsh on November 2nd, 2014, 5:50 am

No confrontation. Uncle wasn't sure how to take that, except for the smile that gleamed beneath the scarf. His eyes were set on his target and he made sure to follow through. It was very similar to tracking a criminal in the crowded districts and streets of Zeltiva, only this time there was no backup. Pulren needed backup. Uncle didn't want it.

He watched as the target took steps to blend in with those around him, physically dodging and weaving about. Uncle used the trident to part the tides of traffic, an extension of an arm of passage. It was becoming apparent that they were heading toward the Sunset Quarter, the largest district for housing among the populace of Sunberth. Uncle increased his gait so as not to let the mark disappear into one of the many similar looking houses and apartments. It was surprising sometimes to him that he could advance so easily in this organization. Perhaps they took anyone with a pulse and his rescue of the Wolf was just a lucky coincidence. It was hard to say for sure, but Uncle guessed that this mark was not showing anything so far.

Watching him move, it was becoming apparent to Uncle that this man had no idea where he was headed. The Zeltivan himself was rusty with the lay of the streets, sure, but if there was a plan with the target it was either nonexistent or so sublime that it was mastercraft. He hoped it was the first option. His pace slowed as he watched the man enter the Pig's Foot. Stopping and leaning against a stall, he removed his scarf and turned the tines to the ground, changing his appearance slightly from trident carrying scarf wearer to bearded wooden staff holder. Probably enough to defeat the wandering peripheral eye.

All Uncle could do was scratch absentmindedly at his scruff as he tried to guess at what the man was doing in the bar. Maybe chases made him thirsty. There was no missing link in the job's chain that regarded anyone inside. It was another puzzling feature from the target. Soon enough, however, he reappeared and headed off again. In a more leisurely fashion, Palaren followed far back enough as to not arouse suspicion. If he had, this strange bird would never let him know anyway. It was clear that he was heading toward the Quay. Standing against an alley, Palaren draped the scarf over his head slightly as he saw Bitzer appear. Once it was clear that he was the one being sought, he stepped out, a pleasant stroll toward his accomplice accompanying the smirk on his face.

"Strange bird, this one. Either he's completely clueless or a master stalker. Who can say in the armpit of Sylira? For some reason, he went into the Pig's Foot but then he came out again and headed toward the Quay on schedule. I'm not sure what his aims are. My best hopes are that he may have an ambush or something in store. Shall we investigate?" The crook of his elbow was offered as if he were helping a young lady across the street.
Last edited by Pulren Marsh on November 29th, 2014, 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Fallon on November 9th, 2014, 7:25 pm

With the courier going on ahead, Fallon was only left to cock an eyebrow up to the other. There was a small sigh, the backs of her fingers throbbing beneath the gloves. She gave a puff, a look up and down of the man beside her before shaking her head. She had no clue what his actual game was, but never the less it was the attempt to lose them through chaos - what else was there to do besides follow and keep a close nose. And whilst perhaps diving into a bar may have been one option, to spend no real length of time in there was perhaps not the best in the world. In response he had simply made a beeline to the destination, not thinking about what other eyes could be tracking.

"Well," Fallon begun, adopting the 'Bitzer' accent, "We know that he's going to the Quay, pretty dang quickly too. Only obviously thinking on getting rid of the package as soon as possible. Sooner you separate, sooner you can remove yourself from danger and responsibility, no?" Her tongue gave a click, a holding of her chin as she rubbed it with thought, "Hah. Armpit. Don't say that too loudly now to the locals Uncle. And an ambush? I doubt it. Short times and a beeline to a place... one that is largely open. You know the Quay layout." With little more than a roll of the eyes she linked her arm through his, "Not every day a man get's to link up with Sunberth's Red Wolf, but... Don't get used to this treatment now."

And so she began the slow process of leading them over towards the Quay, a slow and steady pace. She caught sight of the courier just ahead, the glance back to them before he continued on his way - a slightly quicker pace. It was all coming together now. Bit by bit. She gave a glance to Palaren, "Remember what's next to do?" A moment of pause before she continued, "Let the courier hold and grab his attention for long enough, then we appear on scene. Cloak, booted and looking menacing. Then the next cue..." She slipped her arm out as she spied the gatehouse before her, and gave him an approving nod, "Make the approach, grab him if you can. Hear me? Try not to get him hurt too much."

Inhaling she gave a step through the gate, watching the courier already there talking away to the man in his panicked tones. At least, until he turned round to look at them. She could almost see him swallow as she stepped across the space, eyes keen beneath the hood. Her finger gave a point to the man, as the courier began his backing away, voice screaming, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! They made me do it!"
"Get him,"
Fallon spoke, voice devoid of warmth or care.
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Aider Silander on November 12th, 2014, 8:09 pm

As Aider made his way into the Quay he could not shake the feeling that he was being watched. He looked around till he found the kid and walked over to him. He put the package at his feet in between him and the kid. He had a slight glare in his eyes as he looked at the kid. Not happy with the situation he was thrown into.
"Look kid. Next time someone tells you to take this package and are getting chased by some thug. Drop the package and run. You can very well spend what you are getting paid if you are dead. Besides what made you think that I would not just keep your package? Then you would have been killed anyway. Do not trust everyone you see kid. Most are not worth it." he said. A harsh bite to his voice as he spoke. It was only then did he turn around and he heard the kid shout out. With a snarl on his face Aider turned his head to see if there was a way for him to run. But the two closed in on his to quickly.

A curse under his breath as the two walked towards him. He was not going to go easily. There was far to much of Nyka's culture that burned in his blood to go without a fight. When Pulren reached for him Aider would strike out. Aiming for his face or chest, something that would allow him to take a step back and for Aider to have more room. He would do his best to keep the two away from him until he could figure a way out. Swinging and kicking if they came close enough. Trying to formulate some escape route in his mind. He knew very little about the Quay. Having only walked by it when he was heading somewhere.

He could not run forward the chances of him getting passed the two were low enough at is it. Running towards them would just make it worse. He could try to run around the building but he figured the would catch him eventually.
"Look. The kid asked me to help him out. I have no business with him other then that." he said as the two continued at him. "I'll pay whatever you want just name it" he added. Everyone wanted gold. With gold one could do almost anything. Buy a whore and a round of drinks. A new weapon or maybe even save enough to get out of the wretched place that was Sunberth. Inside Aiders mind he was waging another war. Still trying to decide how he would get out of the situation. Something told him they did not want this gold. They wanted something else and they wanted it from him. There was nothing he would be able to do to stop them ether. He tried to think if he had given bad information to someone. But nothing had come to him mind. Is this it? Is this as far as I go? he wondered.

Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Pulren Marsh on November 15th, 2014, 1:17 am

Uncle could only grin in response to the tidings of Bitzer. He didn't particularly care about what the locals thought of his interests or lack thereof in the armpit, as that is what it was. "Smells like an armpit, though.", he muttered to himself as she took his arm and the pair continued on down the streets. Her summation of the mark's movements were spot on. Of course, anyone with eyes could tell such a thing as he hadn't exactly made it difficult to track his movements. A snarky smirk welled up under the scarf as he thought that even the courier kid could track this mark down. Sad state of affairs, it was.

He thought about adding the fact that he was linking up with the Dead Red Wolf, but sometimes, it was just better to enjoy things as they were. Too much accompaniment was too much accompaniment. He was glad to be getting actual work done with the Scars for a change, rather than just being on the periphery. He hoped that he would continue to be a defining force in the group, maybe one day even be trusted to help lead. But all of these things were so far away from the present day and Uncle needed to keep his eye on the prize, keep his wit and senses sharp in case the mark pulled something he never expected. Not in the realm of probability, but certainly possibility.

The scene came into view shortly and his instructions given. It was time to put their acting faces back on, a thing that Uncle or Palaren and especially Pulren had been enjoying ever since arriving in Sunberth. Now it was time to be the bloody Uncle, uncaring and wretched. He pulled the scarf around his face again, letting his eyes sink as his shoulders slumped. He really wanted to convey a low down and dirty scumbag, much like he was accustomed to hauling out of bars in Zeltiva. He had seen enough of them, now he could pretend to be one. A lowly killer, glad to shave your neck too tight for a copper. The trident began to be passed from hand to hand as he approached first at his Lady's command.

First things first, the tines came down hard with a jarring metal sound, meant to intimidate. Where they came down, however, was the important part. Landing on the mark's side of the package, a swift swipe sent the small item of interest sliding back on the ground to Bitzer's feet. If you're going to lose the game, you certainly don't get the prize anymore. He could see the guy squaring up, so he brought the trident up in an arc toward his face, hitting the wall near his head next, ignoring his pleas for bribery or safe passage. Stepping back into his killing stance, the tines freshly sharpened from their connection to wall and ground, both stone, Uncle looked at the man. He only had one thing to say.

"On your knees."
Last edited by Pulren Marsh on November 29th, 2014, 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Fallon on November 24th, 2014, 6:08 pm

Pulren executed his moves brilliantly, the predetermined script being stuck to between the pair of them. Her eyes came down into a narrow, lips being wetted as she stepped forward, the courier darting away and behind them without a second notice. On cue too, the punches to Pulren came hard and fast, in response the package was swiped clean and sent sliding across the floor. But Fallon's gaze remained cold, hard, calculating, lacking the usual warmth that came with her. No, she was focused upon her end goal and they would not stop until they got there. And it was with that her slow, prowling steps that she shifted. Wolf like in her movements, the low growl escaped from her throat.

Then came the pleading voice, the looking to bargain against the impending fate that was coming. The yawning jaw of the wolves, the bearing of fangs. A low chuckle bubbled its way up, her gaze sharpening as she continued to move. She grasped upon her cloak, coming right round behind him. There was a suggestive push, barely a touch before she moved once more to and claimed the parcel. It was with those rough, working tones she adopted as Bitzer that she then spoke, "I would do as he says if I was you, he is not the lenient type... or he'll make you beg to be on your knees."

Her gaze looked at him from beneath her hood a turn of the parcel, the gloved hand turning it in her grasp as she studied it. Her thumb ran across the edge, "Got to say, seems you picked the wrong courier to help out. Or, maybe you know. Don't know, sure we'll find out soon enough. Won't we?" She gave a flicker of a smile, her eyes burning from beneath the shadow of her hood, "I'm certain we'll become very well acquainted soon, so... why don't you just stop your struggling? It's for the best." She gave a look to the trident points, a slow, pulling smile forcing her lips into a wolfish grin, "Or if you prefer, we could have things get a little... messy if you get my point?"

Laughter came after, rolling into a howl, as she tucked of the parcel beneath her arm. She spoke more firmly then, "On your knees, boy." She gave a glance to Palaren then, an incline of the head to the other, "Deal with and bind him. We're going to have a little play time when you do." There was only a gesture down to the parcel then, "And then... we'll have a little talk about your employers..." Her fingers gave a snap and she moved once more. Eyes flickering on momentarily down to his wrists then back to the partner in this scheme, "Hurry up. The boss will be displeased if we don't hurry up."
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Next