Open A walk to the Bazaar

Bakar takes a well needed walk around town and gathers some supplies

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A walk to the Bazaar

Postby Bakar on September 18th, 2014, 2:23 am

Garland smiled at him, which made Bakar nervous. No, no. He wouldn't be planning anything sinister with the bet. He's a good man. He rose with Garland and followed him closely. He was still scared of the area, worried of being challenged. Not wanting to look nervous though, he attempted to stand up straight, but kept his eyes subtly to the floor.

They were going to the library. He'd always wanted to go, but never got around to it. There were thousands of books that he hadn't read, and he had lifetimes to read them all. He hadn't been much of a reader when he was alive, but when he was learning his magic, his teacher was adamant that he knew how to read and write in the common language. He hated it at first, having a great deal of trouble, but eventually he learned, and he started to love the written word. His teacher had him reading mostly books on magic, and almost nothing he read was for leisure, but he had at one point acquired a book about a young hero, off to rescue his beloved.

At that point he didn't know that some stories were written for the enjoyment of others, and thought this story to be true. When he brought it up to his teacher he was laughed at. "That book is not true my lad, it's a story. A fabrication. You'd do well to ignore those types of book. Useless I say." Regardless of his teacher's advice, he fell in love with stories, and read them quite a bit while he stayed there. When his master passed away, however, he stopped reading recreationally.

"So, Garland. Tell me about yourself. I know your history, but not much about the you, now. Anyone you're with? How's life with the Knights? What do you do for fun?" Bakar questioned the squire, curious to know more about who he was trusting so much.
As of Summer, 63, 515, Bakar has a different body! If never met you before, then this doesn't really matter to you, but people I've met should take this into account, as you're really unlikely to recognize me. :P
Bakar
The Quiet Undertaker

Words: 136278
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2014, 7:53 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

A walk to the Bazaar

Postby Garland on September 18th, 2014, 1:20 pm

He had enjoyed the fight, and he enjoyed the company much more. They made their way out of the compound, and the fighting pit. Most of the fighters just ignored then, usually he would get challenged by a random patron there.

When he said something about asking for his life now, he thought about that one Konti girl that moved away a few years ago. He did miss her but, what could he do?

"No, no. I don't have anyone right now though. I don't really have time for that stuff, always busy, and the few slows days in the knights are usually spent patrolling or scouting if you're trying to specialize in that area." He spoke up, they walked down the ally towards the library. "Fun? Well... I like cooking a bit, but I also like to help fix houses and do some basic carpentry. It'll help build up some muscles, and help the community, rather than just bodybuilding that help yourself instead of actually doing anything." He tried to avoid anything that involved girls, he wasn't looking for anyone, he was actually waiting for someone but you never know what fate will give you.

He took a deep breath and sighed. "Its nothing, just... Recreational sighing? Yeah let's go with that."
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

A walk to the Bazaar

Postby Bakar on September 18th, 2014, 11:38 pm

"Ah, cooking. I miss cooking. It's been a while since I've had a meal." Bakar shook his head softly. "Sorry, just a bit of nostalgia. I wouldn't be much help building houses. Not a muscle on me. One of the first things to go when I, uh, acquire a body." Garland sighed, and attempted to pass it off as nothing. Recreational sighing, he had called it. Bakar shifted, obviously asking something that made the man uncomfortable. "I-I'm sorry, didn't mean to intrude." He bit his lip while they finally arrived at their destination. The Library.

As they arrived and entered the antechamber Bakar looked around the small room. Sitting at a desk was an older man, close to his age. "Name and rank please." He stated. "Ex-excuse me?" Bakar questioned. "Name. And rank." He said again. "O-oh, B-Bakar, a-and, uh, citizen I guess?"

"I'm sorry sir, the Archives are for access to members of the Order only. I can't permit you to enter." Bakar blinked, then sighed and hung his head. "O-oh, of course.. I understand." He looked over to Garland. "Well, my friend. It seems this is where we part. You can head in to do whatever it was you needed, I'll likely head home. Today was fun though, the best I've had in years. Thank you. Maybe we'll meet again." He bowed towards him and remained still. There was still the matter of the bet, before he left.
As of Summer, 63, 515, Bakar has a different body! If never met you before, then this doesn't really matter to you, but people I've met should take this into account, as you're really unlikely to recognize me. :P
Bakar
The Quiet Undertaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

A walk to the Bazaar

Postby Garland on September 19th, 2014, 1:24 am

"Its fine, hmmm I could have sworn that the archives were open... Or did I sneak in that one time, I can't remember." He smiled, shook Baker's hand.

He then remembered their bet. "Woah, don't think you're getting out of this so easily." He gave a silly smile, which he passed off as a sinister smile. He thought about it for a while, his hand resting on his chin.

He stroked his imaginary beard, trying to think up of something fun, but not cruel or dangerous. He got nothing.

"Hmmmm. I dare you... To be more happy and possibly find a Nuit girlfriend, you need the company!" He gave a loud laugh and pat his friend's back .
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

A walk to the Bazaar

Postby Bakar on September 19th, 2014, 2:35 am

Bakar shook Garland's hand weakly, but gave him a soft smile. Upon noticing Garland's own smile though, his faded. It was sinister, but not quite serious. As he stroked his non-existent beard Bakar waited patiently.

"Hmmmm. I dare you... To be more happy and possibly find a Nuit girlfriend, you need the company!" Garland proclaimed, laughing as he patted his back.

Bakar, surprised at such a request, and not expecting the physical contact, he nearly fell over in surprise. He stammered to his friend, embarrassed. "N-no, w-we don't quite work that way.. N-Nuit don't... it, u-uh.. w-we. N-n-no.." He shifted nervously, if there was blood running through his veins, he surely would have been blushing. "I'll just be shutting up now. You.. can go do your thing. I-I'll be heading home now. Thank you for today, it was quite entertaining. I have.. things to do. M-maybe we'll see each other again sometime. G-good evening." And with that, Bakar turned a left, too embarassed to even wait for a reply. He got a quick glance from the man at the desk, but he remained silent.

His way home was very uneventful, he took the quickest way home he could think of, and he kept his head down the entire time. All the while, he whispered to himself, smiling. It had been a great day. He wasn't so used to great days. It got the better of him, excitedly chattering all the way. He got quite a few looks, but people just never said anything. At the most they stepped away from him. When he arrived at his door he quickly stepped in and sat in his chair. "I should get a better chair. I spend a lot of time here." He smiled to himself, silently.
Bakar
The Quiet Undertaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

A walk to the Bazaar

Postby Aoren on October 25th, 2014, 10:39 pm

Riddled With Rewards

Bakar

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Disguise + 3 EXP
Socialization + 5 EXP
Storytelling + 2 EXP
Philosophy +1 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
Garland: Squire of the Knighthood
Garland: Bored With Patrols
Garland: His Life, His Story
Philosophy: The Emptiness of Immortality

Garland

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Socialization + 5 EXP
Persuasion + 2 EXP
Storytelling + 1 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
Bakar: Nuit in the Bazaar
Bakar: Abused In His Past
Bakar: Glypher
Bakar: His Life, His Story

Notes :
• | Bakar: -13 GM 1 SM 5 CM for purchases.
• | Garland: -2 Shield Points for abandoning your post!

There wasn't a whole lot that could be given here as this was a purely social thread.

If you have comments, questions or concerns please approach me at your earliest convenience. Don't forget to edit/delete your request in the request thread!
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous