Open Ball In The Outpost

Ball arriving to the outpost

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Ball In The Outpost

Postby Ball on March 18th, 2014, 3:37 pm

1st of Spring 514AV

Ball found himself in a place to work on his skills in an official capacity as well as help the people of the Outpost. Dressed in his squire uniform Ball had found himself mounted neatly on Imass. The dog was neatly groomed and washed the day before, after all appearances were important when it came to the order. Strapped neatly to the squire’s waist on a piece of shirt fabric swung a small rapier, it was mostly for show but the Pycon did know how to use it… Sort of.

He was going to help with the patrolling and maybe some of the gardening, the squire figured if he aided with patrols he could be able to learn the ropes better and faster, learn to lead a group of patrolling knights, and give the outpost knights a chance to do something else… Like get out of the outpost and visit their families. It must be awfully boring to just be guarding the blasted fields from bandits and monsters all the time, they should get a break. Tugging on his uniform some Ball nodded to himself, tugging on the tied knot in the strip of fabric around his waist to ensure that the small blade didn’t fall off. It wouldn’t do well for the Pycon to lose his rapier while getting to the outpost. He wasn’t too worried about setting it aside in the armoury there after he arrived. Ball rarely used it anyway.

I will train with it… I will. Even if it is just to get better.

Created goes to EuthisaImage
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Ball In The Outpost

Postby Kreig Messer on March 24th, 2014, 7:52 pm

Kreig didn't feel comfortable being on a horse, it didn't show on his face but any keen eyed observer would notice how uncomfortable he felt. Kreig could barely stay in his saddle really, feeling like any direction he leaned would cause him to fall off. So, he sat very stiffly, his back straight so that he would not fall. He wore his personal armor, it wasn't any of the borrowed hand me downs they allowed the squires to borrow, no he had purchased with his own money....

Riding in front of him was Ser Titus Maximus, the giant of giants, balding and louder than a her of cows mooing in at the exact same time in an echoing chamber. He was a hearty individual, there was no damn doubt about that. Kreig looked to his right to see the pup that followed them and its tiny passenger, Ballsy, that tiny clay creature was an interesting thing.... and a dangerous thing, very dangerous. Kreig had seen first-hand how he fought and was quite excited by it really.

There was another squire who tagged along, Oriana Earthtracker was her name, she was a Drykas albeit she didn't quite show it. However, her steed was a strider horse, at least that's what Kreig they were called.... He didn't know much about horses, nor too much about Drykas culture though he did know the language somewhat. What he did know was that Drykas were very close to horses and that a Strider was their closest companions.....not just anyone can ride a Strider.

In any case, they were all to be on patrol. Their duty was to keep the path safe, to keep an eye out for any dangers and so far....there did not seem to by any. Kreig hoped there was none, quite frankly if there was any trouble this close then he'd be more worried about civilians then enjoying himself, even then it would be abysmally boring as the Knighthood ran things tight. But all that rested on Ser Titus and his decisions, if the patrolled close then it was simply a matter of keeping an eye out for stray wildlife.... would make things boring but at the very least they'd get some experiance somehow. Patrol further than they'd have more to keep their eyes open for and the Squires might have a chance to prove themselves in a combat situation, each more than capable really.

It all depended on Ser Titus.
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Ball In The Outpost

Postby Ball on April 18th, 2014, 8:48 pm

Ball had ignored the small caravan of knights and squires that were coming up the pathway behind him, yet their massive horses with their longer strides and quicker paces allowed them to quickly overtake the clay squire and his mount. A sigh came from the clayman as he watched as their horses kicked up a cloud of road dust, it was indeed be a long ride today, and Ball had a feeling neither him nor Imass would gain access to a bath until the night, if he was lucky.

The outpost was visible just on the hazy edges of the dust cloud he was forced to travel in, afraid to venture off the Kabrin Road too far, Ball had found that both rider and mount were going to survive, even if the dog was wheezing by the time they reached the outpost’s entrance. The dog sat, huffed out a bark, and then waited. Sadly, they were being laughed at before the entrance was opened and both dog and squire were issued in.

Once in Ball saw the other group that made it there before him, he sighed and made his way to them nodding as he reached the knight. “Yu. Pah.As.Sa.Me.He.Ur.Ah.”[‘You passed me here.’]

Created goes to EuthisaImage

OOCPost Fail -.-;;;

I had this post ready to go for a while, I held on to it for abit trying to come up with more... Couldn't so I am posting it as it is KM... sorry if it bites. -.-;;;
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Ball In The Outpost

Postby Aoren on November 15th, 2014, 7:16 pm

Riddled With Rewards
Ball

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Riding (Dog) + 1 EXP

Kreig

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Riding (Horse) + 1 EXP

Notes :
I saw no Lores that could be awarded to either of you unfortunately.

If you have comments, questions or concerns please approach me at your earliest convenience. Don't forget to edit/delete your request in the request thread!
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)