Closed A Stitch in Time

Venser and Verin keep Piraen from bouncing off the walls.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

A Stitch in Time

Postby Venser Rush on February 27th, 2014, 3:55 am

The younger completely ignored his elder brother for the time being, focusing instead upon the strange-eyed young man before them. His movements, the analytic nature of his gaze in combination with his rather eccentric nature of his speech immediately set the Rush twin off. Unused to the sight of Kelvic eyes, and unlike his brother, not allowed the time of day to go see them to as deep of a degree, it took Venser a moment longer to collect the detail.
A Kelvic? And a tailor? An interesting thing...

The Rush could not help the laugh that escaped him as words fled from the Kelvic's lips with haste, a nervous (in seeming) jumble of assorted thoughts compiled into a number of sentences, with the traditional allusion to Rhysol in order to tie it all together. Venser held respect for the God, to be sure, though he doubted that he had the capacity to worship him in the way that Harameus was. There were prayers given to both, for the first, knowledge and intuition, to the second, protection. But, Rhysol was not dear to the young man's heart.

Rather than keeping his attention on the Kelvic's last words, he allowed a grin to mark his features. He nodded before he replied, "
I prefer the other prostitutes, friend. I'll call you that, instead. Unless..." he began, carefully considering his words before he continued on, "You'd rather I call you by name. Which would be the extended hand into friendship, correct? In any case, I'd much rather extend my patronage to a new face than old new. Change is always the better presentation." The young man was still hunched over, slightly, his right hand held tightly against his ribs as he glanced over at his brother.

He hated this experience of weakness, he felt enchained again.
Freed by Harameus. Freed by my actions that blew winds of change, and for now, newly enslaved! How miserable this existence is in a broken condition. But, I will rise above it. The first step to doing so is fixing my representation, as well. Venser pointedly decided to not look at his brother for the remainder of their time outside of the boundaries of Tarsin's. The elder Rush was becoming an unacceptable irritant, and would be treated as vermin, resented and ignored, until he reconciled with him. It was a rather undignified response, but, That's Verin's territory, anyway, isn't it? Dignified, but utterly useless.

It had been years since Venser's rage towards his brother had climbed to such an extent. Not since he had been told, by Verin, that he had slowly invoked Hypnotism on him, and inadvertently influenced his actions. The chain of events had ended with the murder of Vilkas Rush. The Rush twin bit his lip as the thought arose, shaking his mind free of poisonous thoughts before he asked, "
Anyway, which way to your... workplace, then?"

Venser Rush
Seeker of the Angst

Words: 350153
Joined roleplay: December 8th, 2013, 9:06 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

A Stitch in Time

Postby Verin Rush on April 6th, 2014, 11:05 pm

It took a little effort on the part of the elder of the twin brothers to maintain a polite façade in front of this yammering kelvic; Verin's relationship with his brother had just reached what might be considered breaking point, and they would have to both work together in order to fix the damage that both sides had caused. As a general rule, the business of free peoples of the city was not generally disturbed by others not involved in the situation, unless the third party was invited, or forced, in. Here, however, Verin and Venser had been interrupted by some kelvic who, from that approach, was somewhat socially incompetent, in Verin's eyes.

The unwilling break of the brothers' heated discussion had left Verin with little time to fix on an appropriate demeanour when speaking to this tailor. He thought his efforts meant that his irritation would go unnoticed but, as he examined the tailor jabbering away, the way he held himself, and moved his head to look around, suggested that this kelvic was possibly a raptor or some form... at least, definitely a bird, from what Verin knew of the animals. This alone meant that the twitch of his cheek had probably not gone unnoticed. Though a kelvic who was already known to be socially inept might not pick up on the more subtle of social cues.

The young man also took issue with the incessant chatter coming from the boy's mouth - an endless stream of words, each clause seemingly having nothing to do with the one before. As a strong believer in saying as little as possible to achieve the same ends, Verin could not decide if the man was trying to drive the customers away, or whether his chatter was some new technique of drawing customers in to his business. Apparently by attempting to make friends. "
Less is more... more or less..." Venser's reaction and words implied a more favourable response to the tailor's words, yet the older blond was not impressed, nor did he have any inclination in becoming friends with the man.

Despite all of these short-comings, however, Verin couldn't deny that he was partially grateful to the kelvic for breaking social niceties by interrupting the conversation that Verin had been sharing with his younger brother; though the fates had blessed him with a much more honed ability to temper his attitude, in comparison to his twin and his late father, Verin's patience was not infinite. He had come very close to saying something that he knew he would regret instantly, and the kelvic had possibly kept the fraternal bond from being damaged irreparably.

For this alone, though the kelvic had already started to annoy the elder of the Rush brothers, Verin would stay true to his earlier mention of a desire for a new set of clothing, possibly even a new cloak - clothes befitting his desired rank of Agent of the Black Sun. He merely continued to smile, not unkindly, yet there was no particular warmth in his gaze, as Venser, continued a meaningless dialogue with the kelvic. As he observed the two talking, he didn't miss Venser's pointed efforts to ignore the existence of his brother. Verin chose not to think any more on it he childish behaviour, instead interjecting on the pair's conversation, in order to get down to business lest they continue to exchange words with little purpose other than to waste oxygen. “
Faster and cheaper? If you're as good at your trade as you claim, you can expect more of our service in the future.

Verin Rush
Perfection is our standard, not our goal.

Words: 275055
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2013, 7:02 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

A Stitch in Time

Postby Piraen Saneka on April 7th, 2014, 2:42 am

"Fine by me." Piraen nodded, eyes flickering between the two men. "I'm Piraen. You two are who?" Though his mind was moving at one-hundred miles a minute, Pi still had enough wits about him to not invite two complete strangers into his home.

My home.

Piraen gave an internal sigh of frustration. One day, he would be able to invite people to his shop. He could imagine himself saying it now, "Why don't you come by the shop sometime?" The words rolled off the tongue so nicely, like water dripping from a faucet. Life would be so much easier, so much more enjoyable...all he needed was a few more mizas. With some coin and some time, Pi would be the best tailor Ravok had ever seen.

"This way." Pi gestured towards his left. He made sure both men heard him, then quickly darted in the aforementioned direction. Weaving through the crowd, Pi made sure to break through the fringe of the market before his acquaintances. He hadn't forgotten what he had overheard, and his mind was now hastily realizing what the exact situation boredom had gotten him into. Based off of entertainment value alone, Piraen had gotten involved with two angry men, one of which being a practitioner of some kind of magic, who had murdered their own father. It also shouldn't go unmentioned that both these men were much more well built than Pi. Yes, he had a few inches on both of them, but they had muscle compacted into their small figures. That, and there was two of them.

The way Pi saw it, no matter which way one sliced and diced it, he could potentially be in some serious trouble. Thus, he made sure to put a little bit of distance between the identical men and himself. Piraen hoped that with the few extra meters to themselves, the pair would be able to go back to killing each other rather than him.

Reaching the canal, Pi threw his arm up. The plus side to having abnormally long arms: they were hard to miss. Now, put some starched-white sleeves on those puppies, and Pi became a big, bright, white blip on every market day ravasola driver's radar. It took only a few ticks for a all-too-willing pilot to pull up next to the footpath.

Piraen looked over his shoulder, tracking the movements of his clients carefully. He waved to them, then hopped into the waiting boat.

If a building isn't called a built even after it has been completed,
then a thought should be called a thinking even after it's been said.
Piraen Saneka
Commit old sins in new ways.

Words: 88697
Joined roleplay: July 18th, 2012, 1:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

A Stitch in Time

Postby Venser Rush on April 20th, 2014, 4:10 am

There was little else for Venser Rush to say until the tailor took them to wherever it was that they were going. Presumably, they were headed to a business or similar location where the younger of the Rush twins would be able to lean against a wall, and take the upset of balance that movement entailed off of him. The burden was beginning to irritate him tremendously, Venser rather unsure as to how much longer he could last on his feet. In truth, he should be in bed, recovering from his injuries.

But, this was not the case. It was insisted upon that he accompany his brother for a task of relatively small importance, but there was nothing new in the notion. Venser adamantly refused to look upon the brother that he, at the moment, detested so, stepping forward, forcing himself to pass his brother in stride and setting himself at the midpoint between Verin and the Kelvic tailor. The younger brother cast his gaze about in each direction, crystalline hues narrowed, teeth gritted as the Rush adjusted his grip on his sides.

It was a chime or two before the trio was met with the rivers intersecting through the city of Ravok, Venser groaning softly under his breath as he realized that they would need to sit down, and then be met with the rolling nature of water, the buoyancy was most definitely going to aggravate the Rush twin's injuries. Not one to willingly seek out injury for the sake of doing so, Venser shook his head, stepping back as he said,

"No... I cannot go on the ravosala. I think... I need to go, if this is the only way to travel."

Venser was normally unafraid, plunging himself into the depths of study and entanglement of danger with very little fear, but this pain, there was no mastering it. Never in all of his time abused by his father had he broken so many bones. At the moment of murdering the man, serious injuries at Venser's part resulted, but the comparison was negligible, and it had resulted in freedom. This resulted in pain, but worst of all, it added imprisonment and limitation. Stagnation was the ruin of the Rush twin, and he would insist on not worsening his injuries.

"Perhaps some other time, my friend."

Venser continued not to look at Verin, offering the Kelvic a final smile before beginning to turn around, the action done slowly, carefully.
Venser Rush
Seeker of the Angst

Words: 350153
Joined roleplay: December 8th, 2013, 9:06 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

A Stitch in Time

Postby Redd on November 17th, 2014, 1:40 pm

Piraen Saneka

Knowledge :

Skills

Skill XP
Observation +4XP
Intelligence +1XP
Rhetoric +2XP
Socialization +1XP

Lores
➢ Identical men, could I be hallucinating?
➢ Murder you say?
➢ The Twins: Good Liars
➢ The Twins: Have the physical advantage
➢ Rhetoric: Oh petch, I'm a friendly prostitute aren't I?

Micellaneous :

Injuries
➢ N/A

Loot/Expenses
➢ Dried Peaches: -7GM,5 SM

Venser Rush

Venser, when you return, please message me to receive your grade. Thank you!

Verin Rush

Knowledge :

Skills

Skill XP
Observation +3XP
Intimidation +1XP
Socialization +1XP
Rhetoric +2XP

Lores
➢ Venser Rush: So bleeding thoughtless
➢ ‘We Were Lucky’
➢ Venser Rush: Similar to our father
➢ Where had I gone wrong?
➢ Piraen Saneka: Socially incompetent
➢ Piraen Saneka: Prattles on
➢ Piraen Saneka: Tailor
➢ Piraen Saneka: Kelvic

Micellaneous :

Injuries
➢ N/A

Loot/Expenses
➢ N/A

Notes

➢ I would like to say that I am surprised that Venser was the one that killed the twin’s father, but alas, I cannot. :p
➢ If there is anything wrong with your grade or you feel that I have missed something, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I don’t bite… Much.

If you feel that I have left out something or made an error of some kind, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you have any questions or comments, again feel free to contact me. I don't bite, I swear. Also, remember to either delete your grade request or edit it as 'graded'.
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Words: 425591
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 1:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)