Timothy's scrapbook

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Timothy's scrapbook

Postby Timothy Mered on June 16th, 2014, 12:25 am

Notes to self

-> Eat a bug (Roscoe dare)
-> Don't forget to escape...eventually...
-> [s]Make notes to self[/s]
Timothy Mered
Determined

Words: 296697
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2014, 1:43 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Timothy's scrapbook

Postby Roscoe on June 16th, 2014, 12:29 am

Hahaha, eventually? There's no escape Tim :P
Roscoe
It's not easy being evil

Words: 85779
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2013, 10:28 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Timothy's scrapbook

Postby Timothy Mered on December 17th, 2014, 7:51 am

Riverfall, not Ravok

Mizahar has often surprised me. Sometimes it was a new piece of lore I stumbled upon that completely changed my perception of what possibilities this world holds. Other times it was just the way a fellow player responded, some option or move I hadn’t anticipated. That’s what makes RP’ing so amazing in my opinion, I have the satisfaction of writing a story yet not knowing where it will lead. I cannot predict the other’s move and there is a tension there that is equivalent, if not paramount to the tension found in a good novel.

Today I was surprised again. After having given it some thought I have decided to not move Timothy from Kenash to Ravok, but rather to Riverfall. To be honest, the real surprise came in hindsight as I pondered why Ravok didn’t feel like the right place to be for Timothy. There are plenty of solid, logical reasons as to why Riverfall might be a better place, but one thing I encountered as I tried to start up threads in Ravok is that I simply couldn’t get them off the ground. It had nothing to do with the willingness of the characters there to co-operate. Quite the contrary, I felt very welcome in Ravok and started plotting straight away. However, no matter how many PMs I blasted through my outbox, there was always some issue, be it in plot, IC reasons or simple logistics. Whilst I was super happy to receive permission to run a gnosis thread for Timothy, it didn’t really make plotting in Ravok easier. I never expected it to, but I thought it would be manageable and quite heavy on the drama.

My surprise came as I realized, in hindsight, that Mizahar –in a sense- was guiding my character not to go to Ravok. It sounds really vague put like that, but I can’t put it any other way. Through some mechanism I was able to see that going to Ravok would be a terrible idea and that Riverfall would allow for much more character development.

This also forced me to make a decision that I had been putting off so far. The decision whether I wanted to turn Timothy to the dark side, or remain true to his character and stay on the side of light. It feels like a relief to have settled on the latter one, though this isn’t to say Timothy will never turn dark, it just means he won’t turn on Yahal at the present, nor will there be a clash between the good-turned-evil son and the devout Benshira father. Hang on to your popcorn though, for if you think this means there won’t be any drama (cue high-pitched violins) left, you’re sorely mistaken.

I come to Riverfall, bearing the gift of many new ideas, plots, opportunities and a hope that I will be able to give Timothy a much brighter, happier period…

Only to take it away from him later, of course :P

The story continues…
Timothy Mered
Determined

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Featured Character (1)

Timothy's scrapbook

Postby Timothy Mered on December 18th, 2014, 2:24 pm

Roadmap

Just a little note-to-self kind of thing for my own sanity and to make sure I get all the dates right!

Roadmap :
40th of Fall 514AV - Left Kenash.

Travel time to Riverfall = 20 days + 10 days extra for wagons and cargo + 10 days extra for not being a Syliran knight = 40 days of travel.

This would mean he would arrive in Riverfall on the 80th of Fall. However, I can only thread in winter so I'll say there was some delay.

1st of Winter - Arrival in Riverfall (delayed).
2nd - 10th of Winter - Loitering, random meetup threads.
10th of Winter+ - Picked up by Hirem, brough to The Sanctuary.

Other events: Gnosis thread in Riverfall, probably after having arrived at The Sanctuary. Have to think about the event that might trigger this...
Timothy Mered
Determined

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Featured Character (1)

Timothy's scrapbook

Postby Timothy Mered on February 20th, 2015, 7:52 pm

Overdue Threads and How I plan to tackle them.

To those who are involved with my character, I thought it would be nice to know what's up with the infrequent posting/replying to threads. Allow me to emphasize that it's not due to a lack of inspiration or my behalf, or lack of will. The real killer is lack of time and RL forcing me to shift my priorities.

Moreover, I haven't graded for a while and I think I should get back into that or I'll feel greedy. As some of you may know, I am currently in college to become a indie game developer. It's not an art school, I really get taught the full package: art, programming, design. That, and the fact that I live quite far away from my school, really takes a big chunk out of my time. The game's industry is highly competitive and we're getting prepared for that here. I could go on and on about how much work I still have left to do, but I don't mean to throw a pity-party here (and frankly, when you keeping telling people you're busy, it starts to feel like a poor excuse).

For now my plan is simple. When I get some miz time I'll focus on doing a few grades first, then get back to some replies in arbitrary order.

That last point may be something I need to stress. More than once have I postponed replying to a particular thread in favor of a other. That hasn't anything to do with whether how much I like you, it just has to do with how inspired I feel for doing a certain thread. I find it very difficult to force a reply and I think allowing myself some extra time to get in the right mind and mood for a particular thread is more beneficial for my threading partner as well, or they'll be getting shitty forced replies.

In any case, I'll be trying to slip in some grades and replies next week. With a bit of luck I'll be starting to work on the Ruv'na as well. It's a bit scary and daunting, but I feel that group deserves to be developed more.
Timothy Mered
Determined

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Featured Character (1)

Timothy's scrapbook

Postby Hirem on February 20th, 2015, 8:21 pm

Hey Tim.

Honestly, all you have to do is say that you're getting bogged down by real life stuff and we'd understand. You have to take care of yourself first and make sure you're prepared to deal with all the stress that comes on a daily basis, especially in your position. I've gone through what you're describing here and I'm sure almost everyone else on this site has felt the same way. Anything you can do for this forum is an awesome gift of your time, so don't worry about getting out replies in a quick manner. Just make sure they're up to a standard that you can be happy with, cause otherwise you'll get angry with yourself and problems will occur.

Best wishes to you as you work through this!

My PCs:
Hirem
Hirem
The golden age is over.

Words: 615712
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2009, 3:50 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Timothy's scrapbook

Postby Timothy Mered on February 20th, 2015, 9:49 pm

Hirem wrote:Hey Tim.

Honestly, all you have to do is say that you're getting bogged down by real life stuff and we'd understand. You have to take care of yourself first and make sure you're prepared to deal with all the stress that comes on a daily basis, especially in your position. I've gone through what you're describing here and I'm sure almost everyone else on this site has felt the same way. Anything you can do for this forum is an awesome gift of your time, so don't worry about getting out replies in a quick manner. Just make sure they're up to a standard that you can be happy with, cause otherwise you'll get angry with yourself and problems will occur.

Best wishes to you as you work through this!

Thanks mate. I trust there are enough misadventures for Hirem to partake in while I work to come back in full swing?
Timothy Mered
Determined

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Featured Character (1)

Timothy's scrapbook

Postby Timothy Mered on March 31st, 2015, 2:29 am

I've been utterly terrible at replying in a timely fashion so I thought I'd make a list of threads I will reply to, in order.

• Twelve Years Past
  • Caught Between Fire and Ice
  • Sticks & Stones
  • Nothing But Trouble
  • Shake It
  • Father and Mother
  • The Price of Freedom

Other threads to get started:
  1. Thread with Yra
  2. Thread with Kyo
  3. Thread with Hirem (When Opposite Ends Meet, already written but delaying post until other threads have been caught up)
  4. My Super Evil Solo Thread ^^
Timothy Mered
Determined

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Featured Character (1)

Timothy's scrapbook

Postby Timothy Mered on April 27th, 2015, 11:38 pm

I don't scrap often, but the 180 I pulled in this thread probably warrants an explanation. That's what this is going to be. If, for some reason, you're reading my stuff and don't want things spoiled, turn around now and read that thread first.

Okay, with that out of the way let me dive straight into the nitty gritty of what happened there, why it happened and how this will affect existing plots. There's an even larger long-term impact I am building towards which I won't spoil so I might be a bit vague on a few points.

Harron Mered, a Ruv'na, (I'll probably have to make an NPC char sheet at some point) is a relative of Timothy. Notice the very specific choice of words there. Relative. That word choice is because I want to leave two possibilities open. The first possibility, and the one I am currently leaning towards is that Harron is actually Timothy's father, not Hirem. It makes sense in several ways, most prominently in how Timothy looks as opposed to Hirem and how, though Timothy and Hirem have their similarities, TImothy is still different. This difference was quite apparent to me when I started to form the connection with Hirem, but I decided that instead of backpedalling, I'd turn it into a plot instead.

The second option, which I want to leave open in case I've now sorely disappointed Hirem, is that Harron is not Timothy's father but his Uncle and is simply lying. I doubt a Ruv'na would have trouble with lying...In any case, the story can be spun both ways.

None of this takes away from the kicker however. I've been meaning to get Timothy into the Ruv'na for a long time but always struggled on the how. With a relative of some importance in that organisation things have become much easier.

This is not only a game changer for me, as I plan to really stick with the Ruv'na for the foreseeable future, I am confident it will also affect others. Without revealing too much, the potential for drama is quite big here and some of you will be blessed, or cursed, with hard choices and some of my devilish plans I've been cooking up. I am not going to pretend I have another 180 like this one laying around, but suffice to say that things won't be the same anymore.

You thought Evalin was a threat to your RF character's wellbeing? Think again! Here comes the Son of the Hero of Hero Mountain!!
Timothy Mered
Determined

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Featured Character (1)

Timothy's scrapbook

Postby Ssezzkero on April 27th, 2015, 11:50 pm

Whaaaaa....?

You already know I stalk your writing shamelessly, so there should be no surprise that I already read that thread. I'm glad you offered an explanation, but also really shocked. You know how the suspenseful part near the climax of a real good movie gets your heart racing with anticipation? Well, then I guess you can imagine my reaction to that thread. :P

Me-oh-my, I don't really know what to say other than I really really look forward to reading this plot's progression... ;)
Ssezzkero
Player

Words: 249053
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2014, 4:14 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Next