Socially Awkward Socialization

Sira annoys Azira by being social all day.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Sira on December 21st, 2014, 1:03 am

Timestamp: 80th of Winter, 514 AV

Normally Sira dined in her rooms, especially so late into winter when tensions were high and people were hungry. As an endal she received better portions than the lower castes, and unless they had completely run out, she was always given meat with her meals and given better quality food than the lower castes. There were reasons for it, good ones as far as she was concerned, but the lower castes didn't see things that way.

The only reason Sira had even come to the kitchens herself was because the previous day she discovered that whichever dek or chiet had delivered her food had taken a bite out of it. So.. She would get her food herself for the rest of the season. She planned to go back to her aerie, but as her eyes swept over the room she spotted something, or rather someone, that changed her mind.

She set her tray down across from Azira and took a seat. The other Inarta at the table all fell silent, surprised that an endal would come sit with them, but Sira had no interest in them. She studied the avora across from her for a moment before glancing down at her own food. Rabbit soup, with actual chunks of meat in it, and a side of blue mold paste. Everybody had the same stew, for the most part, but not everybody got the chunks of meat.

"Would you like some of my soup," she asked, looking back at Azira. "I'm not very hungry this morning."

That was a lie. Sira was always hungry during the winter, everybody was. But it seemed like the best way to break the ice, and it wasn't like she wasn't going to eat again in a few hours anyway. Endals always got their meals.

"I'll take some," one of the men at the table started to say, but Sira shot him a glare that silenced him as surely as an arrow through the throat would have.

"Seriously, take it. If I get hungry I can always eat one of the yasi pestering me to become my endal."

It was meant to be a joke but.. with wind eagles, you never knew.

Last edited by Sira on December 24th, 2014, 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Words: 737381
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 3:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Azira on December 24th, 2014, 12:38 am

Eating soup wasn't something that she'd thought she'd ever find difficult. It was taking all of her concentration to put it into the bowl, scoop up some soup and trace a path through the air to her mouth. She was just so tired and the urge to just drop everything and go asleep in the bowl. It was so warm and she was so sleepy and would just be so easy to drop into the liquid surface where there would be no nightmares. There were only nightmares in her room.

"Would you like some of my soup? I'm not very hungry this morning."

The voice was startling in the silence that seemed to have fallen and Azira's head jerked forwards almost into her meal. Some sense returned to her and she pulled away, blinking rapidly. She wasn't wide awake but she was certainly more conscious than she had been only a few ticks before. It was Sira and the words had been directed her way but what had she said? The huntress tried to recall the sounds that the Kelvic had made but it was a lost cause; she hadn't registered it at all. She could only stare at the woman blankly as her mind tried to speed up enough to work out what the Endal might have been saying. She didn't want to ask her to repeat it.

A man down the table - had these other people been here the whole time? - started to say something in response but it was clear that whatever Sira had offered had only been meant for her. He'd take some of what? Her mind jumped to a conclusion that she was shocked she'd come up with in her exhaustion and colour started to spread through her cheeks. She wouldn't offer me that and definitely not in front of everyone. Right? The heat was still rising in her face and she knew that it wasn't the steam from the soup. Her pale skin was surely going scarlet and everyone was probably looking at her although she didn't dare check. They were only making things worse for her.

Soup! She'd been trying to give her her soup, not her body! What were you thinking? Azira groaned internally, wanting to hide her face under the table. Gods sometimes she was such an embarrassment to herself. The teen dropped her spoon into her own bowl of soup and rubbed both hands across her face as if she could somehow erase the sleepiness from her countenance. From her face her hands continued on up into her hair, pulling it back and trailing her hands down and around her neck before dropping them onto the table either side of the bowl.

"I, uh... I'm okay. I have soup," she mumbled. The Avora looked uncomfortably at the other woman wondering why she'd decided to single her out for preferential treatment. It wasn't like they were friends or anything. They barely knew each other, mere acquaintances really. Why had she decided that she'd want more soup? Aside from the fact that it was winter and food was always at a bit of a stretch. Everyone was hungry, except maybe the Endal. Sira had an additional food source though, which Azira actually realised might be a joke. She was awake enough for that.

"You eat it. You don't want to eat a Yasi. Too bony," the teen joked weakly, managing a faint smile.
Nari | Common
Template courtesy of Khara
4 out of 5 active threads

Azira
Prodigal Daughter

Words: 907811
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2013, 3:43 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Sira on December 24th, 2014, 2:23 am

Sira watched curiously as Azira transformed from a sleepy zombie into a scarlet.. slightly less sleepy zombie. She couldn't help but smile at the ordeal. Apparently she had embarrassed the woman. If Sira had known what Azira actually thought.. well, she might have offered her an entirely different meal, though she certainly would have had no problem at all with offering such a thing right there in public.

Sira shrugged and went back to her soup. She really didn't have any real reason to offer it to her, but she was curious about the woman, and she thought she had potential. More importantly, it was Sira's day off, and she was bored. She did not know what Azira had planned for the day, but it would certainly involve Sira.

"You're probably right. I guess soup will do. Speaking of do, what are you doing today? I think it should probably include me."

Sira nibbled at her soup some more, though she found she actually had lost her appetite. That wasn't unusual for her, really. Sira did not mind cooked food, and had a soft spot for sweets, but if she went to long without eating some nice, fresh, raw meat she tended to start losing her appetite. There was nothing quite like ripping into a warm, bloody, struggling animal body with her beak and talons.. suddenly she was hungry again, and started in on the soup again. After a few bites she looked back up at Azira.

"You look tired. Did you stay up late last night?"

Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Azira on December 24th, 2014, 11:14 pm

The Endal didn't seem at all bothered that Azira had said no to her offer. She just shrugged it off as if it had been nothing. She'd just drawn a lot of attention to the huntress by trying to give her food and had no doubt excited the jealousy of many at the table. To Sira it had probably meant nothing. She held the privilege of being one of the highest caste members and so she had the luxury of receiving more food than others. She must know how scarce food supplies were in the city and yet she was almost throwing the resource around. She received so much of it that she could afford to give it away. The teen sighed. Maybe she just didn't know the magnitude of the offer she'd made or didn't care. Regardless the huntress was still left wondering why she of all people had been picked out for such treatment.

She was just going back to her own soup as the other woman was doing when she so obviously included herself in the Avora's day and made the spoon slip out of her fingers. It seemed that there was no option of no in this case, the force of the statement brokering no arguments. Sira had come to a decision and by her tone she assumed that Azira would go along with her plans. The huntress could only gape at her, knowing that there was no way out of this demand. She hadn't even formed any plans that the Kelvic could include herself in. The young woman had come up with absolutely nothing beyond eating and some vague plans of hunting, which seemed foolish given her current sleep deprived state. Going back to bed would be a good idea but if the eagle became involved in those plans would be a little... strange. The huntress would find such a thing awkward that was for sure so maybe she shouldn't mention that. Then again maybe she should. It wasn't like the other woman would insert herself into her bed just to be a part of her plans, right?

The mention of tiredness automatically made her rub a hand across her face before she once again attempted to eat her soup, body slightly tensed as she waited to receive another surprise from her new companion. "I am. I just didn't sleep well. Too wound up with trying to meet quotas, I guess," she responded with an attempt at a shrug and instead achieving a jerky twitch of her shoulder. She knew that her sleep problems had nothing to do with hunting quotas. The images haunting her sleeping mind that twisted her dreams and made her sleep so restlessly had a little more to do with it. Azira was fairly sure that she'd slept for the whole night after her exhausted and overactive mind had finally allowed it but there was a feeling, a vague memory of being awake many times over the bells. That and she remembered far too many of her dreams to have had a truly good sleep. The fact that she'd felt like she hadn't slept at all when she woke up wasn't a good indication either. It was an ordeal that she'd been going through far too many nights in a row to still be functioning properly.

"Gods do I need to sleep. Maybe a nice warm bath would relax me enough to be able to drift off," she mumbled, not aware that she was talking aloud. It was a bad habit that she had, saying what she was thinking but normally she'd pick up on it. Not now though, she was just too tired. "I was gonna hunt but that's not a good idea, is it? I'm due a day off anyway so I suppose I can make plans?" she suggested tentatively. Endal had given her orders before but to be dictated to like this was another matter entirely. She didn't even feel like she had control over what she wanted to do because she needed to have Sira approve of it first. She just wanted to go asleep for the day but that probably wouldn't satisfy the other's obvious desire to spend time with her for some reason or other that the huntress couldn't fathom. She wasn't all that interesting after all.
Nari | Common

Azira
Prodigal Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sira on December 28th, 2014, 4:57 am

"I know something about not sleeping well," Sira responded with a nod, as if she knew exactly what was bothering Azira. She didn't, of course, but in truth, it probably wasn't all that different. Different situation, but same symptoms. "For a long time I couldn't sleep, but that was because of.. well, a lot of bad stuff, but anyway.."

Sira trailed off, not really wanting to go down that line of thought, largely out of fear that the nightmares would return and that was something she really did not want. She'd had enough of the Ravarisk in real life, it didn't need to invade her dreams every night for the rest of her life. Not to mention all the other trauma she'd gone through in the past year or so. That would be bad.. she needed to stop thinking about it. Luckily, Azira mumbled something else. Sira wasn't sure if she had meant to say it, but it was something, and Sira latched on to it.

"Bath's are always good, though I do love hunting as well. Of course, if you're tired, I doubt hunting will help with that any. If it's your day off, you should probably spend it doing something relaxing. I actually recently had a lesson in that, relaxation, and from a Symenestra if you'd believe that. Actually, she mentioned you. Said I should consider you or Khara for endal."

Sira stopped, suppressing a grin. Yes, she was considering them, but she was considering many people. She watched Azira carefully, looking for a reaction. Would she be excited? Nervous? Would she try to play it off as if it were no big deal, or would she do something else. It didn't really matter, Sira had no idea who she would choose. Just like with Aidara, Sira had no idea how to choose an endal, or if there was even a right way to do it at all. It just happened.

"Of course," she continued, acting as if she hadn't just mentioned the possibility of choosing Azira as her endal, "I also find a lot of things relaxing that other people probably don't. Like training with my bow or sword. Flying, dancing. Whatever makes me happy, I guess. But baths are good too."

Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Azira on January 1st, 2015, 9:12 pm

The Avora's gaze became more alert at the woman's knowing look. Was her excuse that feeble that Sira had seen through it so easily? Of course it was easy for her to see through it. A little bit of worry wasn't enough to make the huntress look so sleepless, too draw such dark marks beneath her eyes and make her gaze so vacant when she had nothing to hold her attention. The Kelvic had to know, she even mentioned "bad stuff" in that cryptic way. She had to know although she wouldn't know specifics. Unless someone had told her what had almost happened to her, there had been at least one witness and what if all of those among the Endal knew? What if her secret wasn't one?

Swallowing, the young woman tried to make herself seem calmer than she felt. The huntress tried to bring of the vacancy back to her gaze as she ate. Let the other talk, maybe she'd prove that it had been a lucky guess and that she didn't really know anything. The soup was attacked with greater gusto although she'd lost her appetite, the food entering her churning stomach. It was shoved in mechanically but with enough speed to suggest that she was starving. It was while her mouth was full of soup that Sira dropped a true surprise on her.

The teen took a sharp intake of breath or rather she would have if she'd inhaled air instead of liquid. The Avora was set coughing, soup spraying from her mouth and also unfortunately from her nose. She tried to aim at the bowl but the table got a good bit of it as well. A hand was dragged across her mouth and nose. A quick glance around showed that she'd gained the attention of a number of people at the table, some of them who were sniggering at her soup antics. The huntress flushed, rubbing at her throat as she stared at the Endal. Had she really said that? Azira knew she couldn't have imagined something like that; her imagination didn't stretch quite that far.

"Are you serious? A Symenestra said that you should consider me for Endal?" she hissed in disbelief. "And Khara," she added under her breath. There was only one Symenestra that she could think of that knew her and would suggest something like that: Drusilla. She thought that Azira would make a good Endal and she was wacky enough to suggest rider candidates for consideration to a Wind Eagle Kelvic. She didn't know how to feel, nervous, excited, flattered. She didn't know what to say either or at least she thought she didn't.

"Khara has a lot of potential," she blurted, eyes widening as she realised what she'd just said. Her gaze dropped back to her soup bowl and what remained of its contents. Her spoon moved through the liquid, stirring and tracing figure eights within it. "She's eager and she's smart, she just needs more confidence in herself. I think there's fire somewhere, there's certainly stubbornness and she can do what needs to be done. She's so much better than a Chiet." She was putting the game scout forward and she knew it. It wasn't that she didn't want to be an Endal, she did and it was all that she'd ever wanted, but she didn't think that she was good enough for it. It hadn't been a lie when she'd told Zhol she didn't think herself better than anyone else. As far as she was concerned she was pretty far below a lot of people.

The Kelvic continued on as if the Endal possibility had never been mentioned and the huntress struggled to adjust to the resumption of their former conversation. "It's more relaxing to try to go asleep rather than just relaxing for the sake of it or... something like that. I mean sleepy sort of relax. Normally I'd shoot to relax or go up to the Aviary. It's distracting up there," she explained awkwardly. "I don't know if it's worth the hassle to go to the Tisuma Baths though. I hate that place. People don't half gawk." She winced. That had sounded... that hadn't come out the way she'd expected it to at all. "I'm going to shut up now," she muttered sheepishly.
Nari | Common

Azira
Prodigal Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sira on January 1st, 2015, 9:47 pm

Sira did her best to keep her amusement in check. She was trying to play it cool, she really was, but a grin tugged relentlessly at her lips. She wasn't laughing at Azira, it was not that kind of amusement. She just found the entire situation somehow comical. Maybe that was because it was actually very stressful, and humor always made things easier for her. She was a wind eagle without an endal, and had been one for far to long. She should have found a new rider already, but nobody had shown out in her mind. Azira was promising. So was Khara. Sira had even briefly entertained the idea of picking Drusilla, solely for the benefit that she might be able to hang on to Sira without even needing a saddle, but that probably wasn't a good reason to choose someone as their bondmate and rider.

Sira chose not to comment on any of it, preferring to leave Azira in the dark for the time being. She was actually somewhat impressed by the fact that the huntress did not immediately try to put herself forward as the best candidate, instead choosing to speak to Khara's potential. What was it called? Modesty? Sira didn't know a lot about modesty herself, she had no problem bragging about her accomplishments, but she could respect someone who did not need to brag. Such people had an air about them that just made them all the more impressive. Of course, there could be other reasons that Azira did not put herself forward. Perhaps she did not want to be an endal? Unlikely. Perhaps she was afraid? Possibly. Perhaps she did not think herself worthy? Aidara hadn't, until Sira had chosen her, and even then the healer had doubts.

"The baths can be a little irritating. I once had to beat the feathers out of a man who tried blackmail Aidara into doing something there she didn't want to. He.. well, needless to say, some people there can be real dek lickers."

Sira would have gone into more detail, that was until she remember what she had done after beating the man senseless. Azira did not need to know the full details on that. Nobody did. The man would not be troubling anyone ever again, however.

"I've never spent much time in the Aviary. I guess hawking isn't exciting for me as it would be for someone else."

She paused, once again suppressing the giggle that wanted to burst from her lips. If she did end up choosing Azira, the woman would have to get used to her antics anyway. No harm seeing how she would react to yet another overly forward suggestion. It probably wasn't fair, Azira kind of had no choice but to take it, though Sira wouldn't have stopped her if she just got up and left. But everything she did was for a reason. At least, that's what Sira told herself. And this was all to help her judge Azira's character, and most definitely not for her own amusement.

"If the bath's are too public but you still want a relaxing bath I guess you're in a bit of dilemma. You could always come use my bath. I promise I wouldn't gawk to much. I could use a soak too. We could go right now, if you want. Well, after you finish your soup."

Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Azira on January 13th, 2015, 10:18 pm

Sira was making this situation increasingly more painful and embarrassing for the teen. The only good thing that could be said for it was that she was no longer in danger of falling asleep. Her eyes were burning and felt heavy but she was in no way tempted to close them. She was also far more alert in thought as well as look. One slip up around the Endal and she was likely to say something regrettable. It was no joke to be considered as a possible bondmate for a Wind Eagle and yet it seemed as if Sira was making fun of her. Offering Azira her food, trying to insert herself into her plans, saying that she was trying to choose between herself and Khara, it could only be a cruel jest on the Kelvic's part.

There was definitely reason to be both wary and suspicious of the other and so she kept a close eye on her, wondering what would be next on her list to mess with the Avora's head.

"You'd have a hard time beating the feathers out of someone seeing as they haven't got any," she blurted stupidly, wincing as soon as the comment was out of her mouth. That had not been the thing to say. If she'd said nothing at all it wouldn't have been quite so bad but to nitpick something that the Endal had said when she was talking about something serious. Who was Aidara though? It seemed that she was a woman but who she was to the raptor was a mystery to the huntress. A question was dying to burst from her lips but she decided that it was better to hold her tongue for the moment; she didn't want to stick her foot in it again.

Talk of the Aviary seemed tame enough conversation although she still didn't say anything. She decided to start on her soup again. There couldn't be anything shocking that could come out of anything related to birds. There was still a feeling of trepidation on the girl's part and so she was cautious enough to eat her soup in small mouthfuls just in case. It was a wise decision given the offer that Sira made next. There was no spraying of soup this time but the huntress froze in place, swallowing slowly after a few moments as the Endal continued to babble onwards. There was no question of saying no. It might sound as if she had a choice but she really didn't. It wasn't an offer. The other hadn't actually asked her anything and there was a note in her tone that suggested that this was the way she expected things to happen.

Azira didn't feel that she had a choice in the matter but she could pretend otherwise. She started stirring her soup as she pretended to mull it over for a chime. Inwardly she considered how this bathing might be looked at in a better light than coming out of an Endal's desires. If the woman did look at her then it wouldn't bother her as much as if a man did it. She wouldn't feel as threatened that was for sure. As for the idea of Sira bathing with her... she couldn't find any faults with that prospect. She'd be able to relax in hot water without having to worry about the majority of Wind Reach's denizens eyeing her up and maybe afterwards she'd actually be able to sleep. At the very least, she'd remain in Sira's good books. If it had been any other Endal she probably wouldn't have cared as much but she had more respect for her than she did for the others.

"Yeah okay," she responded without looking up as she resumed her soup. Each mouthful became close to nauseating as her stomach seemed to churn in nervousness. There wasn't that much soup left though and so even with an uncooperative digestive system she was finished in a little over a chime. Leaden legs were convinced into letting her stand and move free of the table. "Lead the way then, Endal Sira."
Nari | Common

Azira
Prodigal Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sira on January 15th, 2015, 8:37 pm

Well, the day certainly seemed to be taking an interesting turn. She hadn't planned on seeking out Azira that day, and certainly hadn't expecting to be bathing with her. Would the day lead to other interesting things as well? Sira didn't know, nor would she push things much further if Azira did not seem receptive. She didn't want to alienate the woman, after all. The fact that she was already embarrassing her did not seem to enter the Endal's mind.

Sira watched for a few ticks as the woman across from her went back to her soup, eating terribly slow as if she was struggling with every bite. Was I ever this nervous around endal, she thought to herself, thinking back to the days before the Wind Eagles had accepted her and elevated her to the rank she now held. She could barely remember what that had been like, being an Avora. It had not been so long ago, but it seemed a life time. After a moment, Sira started in on her soup as well, eating quickly to catch up to Azira.

When they were done Sira led the way back to her aerie. Azira had been there once before, but as far as Sira knew, the Avora had not explored the place. To put it simply, Sira's home was ridiculous. It wasn't just a grand aerie, it was the largest aerie in the mountain, bigger even than the home of the Tavina and Tavinar. It wasn't because Sira had wanted to show off or anything like that, in fact Sairque had been the one to design it. At the time they believed the size was necessary. Already they had numbered two wind eagles, and three endal, if you counted Sira for both, but there was also the possibility that Sira's child might be a wind eagle Kelvic, and Sairque expected to find a mate for herself and Catabasis, so the aerie had been designed to house four eagles, their endal, and their guests. Sira hated it. Of the eight rooms, she only used three. Her bedroom, her bathroom, and her aerie, which was used solely for coming and going by sky. She had plans to get a smaller aerie eventually, but for the time being, the massive home was hers.

Sira led Azira into her bedroom. Inside it was kind of a mess. The common room had been clean, if a bit dusty from lack of use, but the bedroom was a cluttered mess. Aidara had been the clean one, but Sira did not care so much about that. Her room was clean so far as dirt and odors went, but it was cluttered. Her clothes were in a pile on the floor next to an empty wardrobe. There was a pile of arrows next to the door. Her bow was lying on the bed next to a pile of luxurious blankets. Her pillow was clear across the room, and the extras were piled in a corner. There was literally a small mound of pinions next to the bed which Sira suspected, but did not care, that the dek who came to clean her clothes pilfered from on a regular basis. The one thing that was truly out of place was the neat stack of clean folded clothing those very dek had left in her room while she was at breakfast. It would likely join the pile later.

Sira did not seem to notice the mess and crossed the room to one of the many doors. It opened to the bathing chamber, which had been designed to mimic Sira's old one before she had met Aidara, with the addition of a small side chamber that had a baby sized tub. The adult room though, that was Sira's favorite room in the entire aerie. Unlike the rest of the aerie, it was not lit with candles and torches. It was designed with romance in mind. A shaft had been cut to allow natural light to be let in which hit a myriad of colored glass mirrors that reflected around the room in a beautiful dance of colors. The tub itself was large and sunken into the floor, with barely a lip to keep the water in. It had seats built into it for lounging, and was fed from the natural hot spring that was in another room nearby.

"So.. This is it. Just throw your clothes wherever. I can have them washed if you want."

Sira's voice was a little less confident than usual. If she had brought Azira home simply for sex things would have been different, but this was more of a social thing. A social thing in a relaxing, romantic environment, but social all the same. Sex wasn't on the agenda, for now. So, that left Sira not entirely sure how to proceed, so she went with the simplest solution and started pulling off her clothes.

Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Azira on January 23rd, 2015, 11:30 pm

She was only going for a bath but yet in a way she felt as if she could understand how the Dek and the Chiet must feel. It was a far from comfortable experience to be "invited" to an Endal's Aerie or to an Avora's room. You felt like you had no choice in the matter and you wondered what they wanted with you but drew only one conclusion. It wasn't like that though, even if Sira seemed more than a little eager to have the huntress bathe in the privacy of her rooms. If they'd been friends then perhaps the invitation might have been understandable but the current situation just felt peculiar. Maybe it was an effort for her to decide if she wanted to bond with Azira, if she had indeed meant what she'd said.

They travelled in silence up to the section of the mountain where the highest caste made their home. There would be plenty of time for conversation once they were there so what difference did a bit of silence make? Unless you aren't going to be doing any conversing, her mind sneered, the thought brutally quashed by the huntress. The silence gave her plenty of time to think of course, to consider what she'd gotten herself into and whether she would react positively or negatively to the Endal's advances. The idea of such advances was a product of her mind alone of course but it was still always good to be prepared. She was in two minds over such an idea though. Sira was attractive, Azira was attracted to her and for most Inarta that would have been enough reason to go at it like bunnies. The Avora was in no way as promiscuous as her kin though, lacked the experience that Sira was sure to possess. More importantly she was perplexed as to how two females... worked. It was just one of those things that seemed likely to remain a mystery because she certainly wasn't going to go asking anybody about that.

Her Endal guide had been followed mindlessly, Azira too distracted by her inner thoughts to focus much on her surroundings further than making sure that she didn't bump into anything. The internal debate had wonderful timing, managing to come to an end and return her to the outside world as they were crossing the threshold into Sira's bedroom. The first thing that struck her was why she'd preferred her previous brief glimpse of Sira's Aerie to Turrin's. The Kelvic's rooms were just as luxurious but they appeared much more lived in. Some of the decoration was ostentatious but at least it showed signs of clutter, a place that you actually lived in rather than a showpiece. Nowhere else was likely to be quite as lived in as the other woman's bedroom however. Clothes residing in a heap on the floor, a mountain of cushions and the bedclothes gathered up in a mound as well. Everything in piles seemed to be the general theme, which included coins. It was in a state of disorganisation that almost had order to it.

The next thing that struck her was the fact that they were in Sira's bedroom!

Her mind was momentarily unbalanced, unable to come to grips with the apparent reality of the fiction she'd just been indulging in her thoughts. It was only as she comprehended the Kelvic's journey through another door, which turned out to be the bathing chamber, that set her thoughts straight again. She was taken aback by the beauty of the room. The way colours played across the walls and the water made her feel as if she was moving through a rainbow, the light seeming to dance across her clothing as she stepped further in. The urge to twirl came upon her and she almost gave into it until the woman's voice broke the spell. Remembering where she was and why she became instantly more self-conscious. The sentiment seemed to be catching because the Endal didn't sound as sure of herself as she had before. Perhaps she had realised the oddness of her request or perhaps it was just wishful thinking on Azira's part, searching for a tone in Sira's voice that would indicate that she wasn't alone in how she was feeling.

She looked to Sira for some sort of cue as if she had forgotten how bathing was supposed to take place and then averted her eyes as the Kelvic began to undress. A naked body wasn't a strange sight in Wind Reach and the huntress had seen the other woman unclothed previously but now the environment seemed to suggest that looking would have different connotations from the normal casual looks favoured in the Tisuma Baths. It wasn't like she didn't wander around the public baths without clothes either but this was more awkward than normal and it wasn't even as like the Endal was going to stare. For her disrobing seemed to hold no self-consciousness for her at all so the huntress decided to mimic her. There were only so many opportunities to be daring and it seemed as good a chance to grab as any.

Her bryda were slipped down, the Avora stepping out of them casually as they reached the floor. Her vinati was untied from behind neck, pulled over her head and flung somewhere behind her. The Endal had told her to throw her clothes anywhere and she was taking the instruction quite literally. Why not after all? Her undergarments were removed as well and thrown after the vinati before she moved to the edge of tub. She slipped into the heated waters with an appreciative sigh already feeling much more relaxed. It was like any anxieties had been shed with her clothes, the casual stripping far more freeing than she would have anticipated. To her surprise she found that she was actually smiling. It was wonderful.

"What I wouldn't give to have one of these in my room," she murmured as she sank as far as she could into the waters. Where the heat began to penetrate, the weariness seemed to ebb away. "You're so lucky, do you know that?" she sighed dreamily, closing her tired lids against the steam that wafted up from the rippling surface.

OOCCoincidentally my iPod decided to play Patricia the Stripper as I was writing the last of this. I think it helped with the contents. :lol:
Nari | Common
Last edited by Azira on January 30th, 2015, 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azira
Prodigal Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next