[Sunberth] Player Gang Sign-Ups: Scars

Interested in Joining one of Sunberth's Player Run gang, the Scars? Take a peek!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A retreat for all matters OOC and discussions pertaining to the development of the city and everything within it. Post suggestions, partake in discussions or find the occasonal bit of useful trivia and information.

Moderator: Morose

Postby Fallon on October 14th, 2014, 3:47 pm

UPDATE 04/02/2015: As of events on the 80th of Winter 514 AV, the Scars have dissolved as a gang and no longer exist in Sunberth - because of this, no further gang recruitments will be made and all future requests to join will be ignored. This thread is here by closed to further applications.

The Scars: Gang Sign-Ups

Since getting permission from Twister to do this, I figured I might as well take the opportunity to do so. Just as there are the NPC gangs of the city, there are also the Player gangs. The Scars - presently run by yours truly - are one of these gangs, with our own bundle of views and goals that we're slowly working towards. Unlike the NPC gangs however there are no formal skill or lore requirements to join, the only request is that you follow simple forum etiquette and if you have any questions do ask.

The Scars are a close association of revolutionaries within Sunberth that are looking to bring change and unite the city under one banner. Presently, they are focusing their attention on slavers and their support structure in an attempt to reduce the trade in flesh, whilst encouraging growth in other sectors. The group itself consists of three key sectors: Gather and Infiltrate, Destabilize and Control, and Rebuild and Conquer - all of which players are allowed to flit across and involve themselves in as and when desired. Vigilante justice is also another aspect of the Scars, as is bringing structure to the city be it through moral or equally amoral actions. More information can be found in the Scars Information and Directory.

So how do you get about for a chance to join the Scars? Easy, like the NPC gangs you simply fill out the form to report your interest, whether you're a start up character or a veteran PC. From there I'll try to get in contact with you as soon as possible. As a note, all players will be required to go through a 'modded' thread run by myself, with the chance of being invited into the organization.

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b] (Self-explanatory.)
[b]Age/Race/Gender:[/b] (Self-explanatory.)
[b]Time in City:[/b] (Did you just arrive last season? Been here for years? Your whole life?)

[b]Relevant skills:[/b] (Put the skills you think would be relevant for you joining the Scars.)
[b]Relevant lores:[/b] (Same as above, except for lores.)
[b]Motivation:[/b] (Why is your character joining up? Because they have to? Don't trust the other gangs? Because they genuinely want to? Throw us a bone; this helps set the right flavour for your recruitment/character background.)
Last edited by Fallon on February 4th, 2015, 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Aider Silander on October 14th, 2014, 3:58 pm

Name: Aider Silander
Age/Race/Gender: 24/Human/Male
Time in City: Arrived in the spring of 514.

Relevant skills: Intelligence, writing, investigation, persuasion
Relevant lores: Most of his current lore revolves around Kaie and/or the Myrian culture. Don't really think any of them are relevant.
Motivation: Interested in seeing change in the world, even if its just starting from one place. The rumors would have perked up his ears and caused him to seek any truth to them, and there is a certain member in the group(if she is still in) that he would be more then willing to assist.

Last edited by Aider Silander on October 18th, 2014, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander
She has my heart on the end of her blade.

Words: 170163
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2013, 4:03 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sh'Ky Naes on October 14th, 2014, 7:55 pm

... You knew this would happen. ;)

Name: Sh'Ky Naes
Age/Race/Gender: 27, Human Male
Time in City: Been here my whole life.
Relevant skills: Disguise (Competent), Observation (Novice), Persuasion (Novice), Weapon: Short Sword (Novice)
Relevant lores:
The Streetplan of Sunberth
All the Basic Shortsword lores
Tactic: Bide your time in the shadows
Picking a Target: Vice Analysis
Sunberth Gang Fights: Sometimes it's better to not get involved.
Sunberth: Kill or Be Killed
Gold: The Cure-all
Motivation: Although he doesn't really trust Blitzer, after their first meeting, he does respect her from her raid on the farms, and after hearing the ultimate goal of the Scars, wishes to join their cause, as his basic moral principles align with it. He will eventually accept the people within, and will do his best to help it along.
College is picking up, sorry if I'm not on for long periods of time.

How did you know that what you sought was redemption and not righteous vengeance?
Redemptio et quomodo iusti non quod petitur intelligis quia quod vindicta?

ImageImageImage
Sh'Ky Naes
Sometimes good people do horrible things.

Words: 82544
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2014, 12:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fallon on October 15th, 2014, 4:29 pm

@ Aider Silander: I spoke to you about this briefly on chat - but this is also serving as a prompt to myself. I'll get your "pot luck" thread up within the week (22nd at the latest hopefully).

@ Sh'Ky Naes: I didn't know this would happen. Let's finish the threads we already have together first, and then get around to this welcoming when we know how much our characters begrudgingly get on.;) Edit: However, if you're happy to Zandelia has offered to run your lovely welcome to the family thread if you so desire to get in sooner.
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Irriel Lighthand Terras on October 17th, 2014, 3:52 pm

Name: Morzak
Age/Race/Gender: 8/Kelvic/Male
Time in City: Just arriving in the current season.

Relevant skills: Body Building, Unarmed Combat and Wilderness Survival
Relevant lores: Edible Plants in Sylira Region/Building a Fire
Motivation: I am not really sure yet as I have not had a chance to really think on it. Morzak is a very simple man, and I know he would not take well to seeing other gangs picking on the weak. He has a bit of a moral code that he is beginning to discover and if the Scars seem to be the less surely of the gangs I think he would definitely want to join :)
Irriel Lighthand Terras
Player

Words: 14428
Joined roleplay: March 13th, 2014, 6:05 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alexa Syb'Aoth on October 18th, 2014, 9:36 pm

Name: Alexa Syb'Aoth
Age/Race/Gender: 16/Human/Female
Time in City: Lived in Sunberth for 14 years. Left for two and is now back.

Relevant skills:
Larceny: Novice
Gladius: Competent

Relevant lores:
Gladius Care
Edible plants around Sunberth
Motivation: Alexa wants more money, and people that she can trust. She agrees with the gangs goals as well.
Alexa Syb'Aoth
Player

Words: 2945
Joined roleplay: October 13th, 2014, 11:42 pm
Character sheet

Postby Fallon on October 19th, 2014, 1:02 pm

@ Morzak: As per grabbed on chat, you requested a 'pot-luck' thread theme for this bringing in. I will try and get something up for you by the 27th October at the latest. Do you have a preferred date for this all to kick off ICly? Also, if you plan to play in Sunberth this season please make sure to register your character in the city.

@ Alexa Syb'Aoth: You mentioned wanting more money as you know the Scars do not offer financial support to its members; hence why "While it's not necessary to have a job, it's encouraged for you to have one to generate revenue for your character" in the IC Rules/FAQ sector of our write-up. As to being around people Alexa she can trust you don't need to be part of a gang to do that, this is all entirely optional. If you wish to continue and be brought in to the group however, please PM me a preferred date that does not clash with ones that have already been taken. Also, as above, please register for this season if you plan to play in Sunberth.
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Thir on November 8th, 2014, 6:45 pm

Name: Thir
Age/Race/Gender: 467 year-old Jamoura, male
Time in City: Been in Sunberth about ten years

Relevant skills: Intelligence, Persuasion
Relevant lores: Lore of Sunberth Street Layout
Motivation: Thir would join out of respect for the cause, genuinely supporting their goals and philosophies. He has a strong sense of justice and justice is what you provide.
Thir
Never Forget

Words: 5429
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2014, 2:18 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Postby Glen Fiddich on January 13th, 2015, 8:30 am

Name: Glen Fiddich
Age/Race/Gender: 27 / Svefra / Male
Time in City: Since Autumn 514 AV.

Relevant skills: Brawling, Unarmed Combat, Persuasion, Axes, Sailing
Relevant lores: nothing specific
Motivation: Glen is a "retired" adventurer/mercenary, and hasn't punched / axed enough people recently. He's a sucker for a noble cause, and he dislikes people who don't pick fair fights, and who prey on those who can't/won't fight back, so running with the Scars is an opportunity to introduce his axe to people who he things deserve to have it buried in their face. He also wouldn't mind earning a little extra coin, whether that's by selling information he's overheard from drunks at the tavern, being hired muscle, or using his boat to smuggle people and stuff around the city.
Glen Fiddich
Let me axe you a question...

Words: 50009
Joined roleplay: October 2nd, 2014, 9:03 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook