[Syliras Location] Welcome Center/Employment Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Nyahna Sasin on October 4th, 2010, 4:10 am

He smiled back at her, and settled down into the chair. "My name is Sasin. I plan on being here for another season at least. I'm willing to learn anything, and I'm very fast at getting anything done. I'm currently surviving as a hunter, but apart from that, I can't do much." He admitted with a wry grin, rubbing the back of his head. "I don't get around much."
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Nidassasyae on October 21st, 2010, 2:09 pm

50 of Fall 510 AV

The crowd pressed against Nidassasyae, drawing a whimper from the frightened kelvic. The tide of people carried her forwards, she had no idea where she was going. Panicking, the girl pushed her way out of the crowd, and several "Watch it!" were thrown at her. Shrugging it off, and quite relieved to be out of the tightly packed crowd, Nidassasyae sat on the steps of the building behind her in relief. Snatches of conversation came past her, and she saw one couple stop and point at the building behind her, saying something about "Employment Offices"

The leopardess looked around, her eyes still wide in anxiety. How could so many people live like this? All smooshed together in a huge stone cage? The very thought of spending a long while here caused her to shudder.

The curious kelvic looked at the building behind her, remembering what the couple had said. Employment Office? She searched her mind, trying to figure out what that meant. Employ had something to do with jobs...

She suddenly grinned. So this must be where you got jobs! If they were going to stay here a while, she might need to get a job. She didn't really have much of an idea about what a job was, other than you did something, and got rewarded. But then, there wasn't really much else to it. Was there?

Nidassasyae pushed open the door gingerly, entering the building. She smiled nervously at the woman seated behind a desk.

"Hello, my name is Nidassasyae, and I heard that I could find a job here."
Nidassasyae
Crazy Cat Lady

Words: 222053
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2010, 12:30 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Artist (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Dusk on October 21st, 2010, 2:20 pm

Sasin

The woman gave a motherly smile and nodded before she began rifling through a box of cards. "Well, if you've any skill at hunting, we could always use the meat. And the furs, since winter's on its way. Otherwise, I can get you work as a day laborer. It doesn't pay much, but it also doesn't require any sort of special skill."

Nida

The woman behind the desk smiled warmly at Nida and waved her into the chair facing her. "My, that name is a handful! Welcome to the Employment Center, Nida." She tilted her head a bit as she examined the girl curiously, a finger tapping against the desktop for a moment before she spoke again. "That's the sort of name one usually hears from one of the snake-shifters, but you haven't the look of them to you. Well, no matter," she said, her smile taking over once more. "What sort of work are you looking for, and how long will you be in Syliras?"
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Seliarus on October 21st, 2010, 2:32 pm

50 of Fall, 510 AV.

The Dhani sighed irritatedly. He looked away for a moment, and the crowd made him lost someone. How was he supposed to even ask for directions, if they told the city he doesn't speak Common. Heck, he doesn't even speak the Kelvic tongue, so he'd be quite in a mess if anything would happen. With a low hiss, he closed his eyes, and tried to think of a way to find someone. He decided he'll follow the direction where he had last seen the crowd move, and started to squeeze himself trough the waves of humans, and everything else what they might be, hoping he'd find that, which he was looking for. By pure luck, he seen a brief profile of a blue painted face, and that being one of the only thing he'd recognize, he would follow the person. Luck wanted, that the person was she, who he tried to find.

He'd later arrive at a building, that bare the name 'Employment Office' . He know how to read, but...What in the word was the Kelvic doing here? What was he doing here for that matter. He didn't want to lose her from sight again, so he slowly followed Nidae inside as well. Not knowing much of the habits in the city, he shifted closer to the Kelvic. He managed to hear the phrase 'Snake-shifters' , and a chill could be felt traveling down from his spine. He lightly poked her shoulder afterwards, and his green slit-shaped eyes were focused on the ground, with no word what-so-ever.
"Who knows? Life is like a roll on the dice. You can’t know if something is a good, or a bad roll until it already happened."

The CS moding, framing, editing, and making it look awesome = Copyrights; Nidassasyae Iskedarst
Seliarus
That lil' Snakey

Words: 124204
Joined roleplay: October 13th, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet

Postby Nidassasyae on October 21st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Nidassasyae's fear dissolved at the woman's friendly tone. With a grin, the girl sat down at the chair. "Thank you," she smiled.

"Snake shifter?" asked Nidae. "Well, I can shift, but not into a snake."

Nidae's smile faltered, and she bit her lip in thought. "I'm not sure, I've never had a job before. I can hunt... and sing, but I'm not sure what jobs require," she said sheepishly, hoping that the friendly woman wouldn't think that she was an idiot.

"I'm passing through with my friends, and just hoping to earn a bit so we can stay at Traveler's Row. I think we'll only be here for about two weeks."

She turned abruptly, her teeth baring, then stopped, realizing that it was Seliarus. Nidae smiled and asked the woman, "This is one of my friends who I'm traveling with. He doesn't speak much common, but do you think there might be a job for him too?"

Nidassasyae
Crazy Cat Lady

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Dusk on October 22nd, 2010, 2:54 am

Nida and Seliarus

Trega's eyes widened as she realized that her slip of the tongue had actually been heard by a snake-shifter, but they soon tipped back to Nida and up to Seliarus as she seemed to make an assumption as to exactly why the Kelvic would bear something that sounded like a Dhani name.

"Ah," she said, nodding at Seliarus and offering him another of her motherly smiles. "Welcome to Syliras," she said carefully, slowly so that he might understand. Then she turned her attention back to Nida. "We of course have positions available - in a city this big there always are," she chuckled, pulling a box of index cards closer to her. "Let's see - well, we've always need of meat if you're good at hunting. And furs will sell well since the cold season is almost upon us. Not as good as they would further north, but we use our fair share. Or if you'd prefer something less bloody, I can probably arrange for you to sing a few nights a week at one of the taverns. You'll have to audition for that, of course, whereas the hunting booty you'd just have to bring to the butcher to trade for coin. Whichever you prefer would be greatly appreciated. What skills does your friend possess?"
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Nidassasyae on October 22nd, 2010, 8:20 am

"Hunting sounds good, would that be okay?" asked Nidassasyae, smiling at the woman. It was really the only thing the Kelvic could do well, and the more time she spent outside this stone cage, the better. She wasn't too sure about singing, it was something she could do, but in front of a crowd? The leopard didn't like the idea of that, unless she had no other options.

"Hmm... Sel can hunt too, but he can play the flute beautifully!" said Nidae, wondering what the Dhani would prefer to do.
Nidassasyae
Crazy Cat Lady

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Seliarus on October 22nd, 2010, 12:41 pm

Seliarus listened to the exchange of the two women, staying silent. Not that he would say anything anyways. He folded his hands on his chest, shifted a few inches back, and leaned his weight on his right leg, shifting from there to the left leg a couple of times, wondering how long would they have to be here. 'Hunting' didn't sound that bad, but, knowing him, he'd simply eat the thing he'd catch before they managed to get the the Butcher's. He tried to state his mind, but quickly bite his tongue as he remembered, he wasn't supposed to talk.

When the Kelvic said the word 'Flute' , he blinked a couple of times rapidly. Beautifully? He could get a melody right, but it was far from being beautiful. In his mind, he could imagine himself playing, and people throwing rotten fruit at him. But he shook his head, trying to get on other thoughts. That wont happen, he said to himself. Hopefully. He nodded, trying to show that he would approve of the message. Maybe the playing won't be perfect, but at least he could try to be useful. If anything else would fail, he'd probably just help with the hunting.
"Who knows? Life is like a roll on the dice. You can’t know if something is a good, or a bad roll until it already happened."

The CS moding, framing, editing, and making it look awesome = Copyrights; Nidassasyae Iskedarst
Seliarus
That lil' Snakey

Words: 124204
Joined roleplay: October 13th, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet

Postby Paige Sieglinde on October 24th, 2010, 9:22 am

1st Fall 510AV

As the rising sun peaked over the obstruction of the vast cityscape, its radiation illuminated the various structures, landmarks, and the few figures making their way through the streets despite the time. Among these was a slight figure parked outside the door of the employment center. Leaning against the wall, one leg bent and stationed on the structure behind to support her as she waited. Eyes closed, Paige took deep breaths as she concidered what she was going to say; nothing came to mind as time passed.

Eventually, the door opened, signaling the time for action. Forget it she thought. Elaborate speeches were for other situations I'll just keep it simple and to the point.. Kicking off her makeshift vertical bed, Paige straightened herself and passed through the now open door, taking in the scenery of the reception room.

Seeing the woman behind the desk, she made the assumption that it was her that she was meant to go to for help finding employment. She walked up the the receptionist and politely, but forcefully made her queary. Instinctively crossing her left leg over her right as she did so.

Good morning; excuse me, but are you in charge of helping with finding employment here? I really need a job.
Paige Sieglinde
Player

Words: 2948
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2010, 12:31 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Dusk on October 25th, 2010, 7:44 pm

Seliarus and Nida
The woman waited for some indication that Seliarus had a preference in jobs, but he didn't seem to give any so she just assumed that he didn't really understand what was being said. No matter, really. You didn't have to speak common in order to hunt or play the flute.

"Well, if it's hunting you'd prefer, you simply bring the meat to the Butcher of Alban and he'll give you a good price on the meat. Winter is coming too, so they're more likely to pay good gold for it." She pulled out a small scrap of paper with the directions to the butcher written on it and handed that to Nida. "And if it's auditions to perform that you're interested in, I'd suggest the White Swan. They're a bit more upscale, would likely appreciate something like a flute," she said, pulling another piece of paper from the box and handing it to Seliarus. That had the directions to the tavern, as well as the name of who to ask for once he got there. "And if you need anything else, please let me know and I'll be more than happy to help," she said with a warm smile.

OOC Note :
Nida: To earn your wages, you'll need to go on hunts. When you submit those threads for XP, your award will include what amount of meat and fur you will receive. Please keep in mind that you'll have to have a way to get the meat from wherever you're hunting it to the Butcher, so you might want to invest in a preserving kit and a sled. :) If you show that you've gone on several hunting trips, you'll be awarded an additional 300gm per season as wages reflecting the time your character theoretically spends training that ISN'T include in threads.

Seliarus: If you chose to do hunting, the above applies to you. If you chose to play the flute, you'll have to make a post in the White Swan thread and apply for the job. Good luck!

Paige

The receptionist smiled and waved him towards an empty chair. "Of course, we'd be more than happy to help. My name is Trega," she said, motioning for her to sit as she took her own seat on the other side of the desk. "Now, what sort of work are you looking for, and how long do you plan to stay in Syliras?"

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

PreviousNext