[Balian Martell] Where the Arrow May Fly

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Balian Martell on January 29th, 2015, 10:11 pm

Welcome! Welcome to page that will be filled with my thoughts, musings and ramblings. As the title of this scrapbook might suggest, the contents herein will be subject to my whims and fancy, as well as what ever else others may post.

However, you may expect my posts to mainly follow my general interest, with the occasional post in regards to what ever my current obsession may be at the time.

These Interests Include!
- Music
- Video Games (and their reviews. maybe.)
- Literature (Both English and Spanish)
- Cinema (Again, both in English and Spanish, with the occasional foreign movie)
- Kung Fu Movies. (I like them so much they get their own mention.)
- My thoughts on Balian
- Pipes and Pipe Tobacco
- A general rant about work

I may also post a request from time to time!

And now, without further adieu, scroll on!*

*By scrolling on you agree to the following terms and conditions:
-You agree to become subject to the whimsical nature of my mind, and will not hold me responsible for any adverse effects;
-You will laugh at my jokes. No matter how bad they may be;
-Should there ever be a question that, for reasons outside of our control, cannot be answered, the answer to said question, regardless of what ever it may be shall be 42. No arguments;
-You will watch/play/listen to any recommendations that I make, time and money allowing;

To hunt, you need to know your prey just as well as you know yourself
a
Balians Wilderness Journal
Balian Martell
The young hunter

Words: 113544
Joined roleplay: November 12th, 2013, 2:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Balian Martell on January 29th, 2015, 10:20 pm

My First Recommendation!

Granted, this show has been out for a few years, but If you haven't heard of it, I strongly urge you to watch the first season at least. It is great. The show I am talking about is of course VIKINGS on the History Channel. The story line is great, its full of political intrigue, exploration, and of course, Battle! (It is a story about vikings after all). It has some great actors in it, some that my overseas friends might even recognize, and some really memorable characters. (Coincidentally I now have the biggest crush on Katheryn Winnick. Seriously. I am in love.)

The show is also a great source for plots and character concepts so I am sure at least some of you will like it.

Well, go watch it already! (Season Three Premiers tonight)

a
Balian Martell
The young hunter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Balian Martell on February 6th, 2015, 4:06 pm

Its rant time every body!

You would think that one of the by-products of being a large, multinational company with operations in various countries, let alone varies states within the US, is having your shit together. What I mean by that is that for the most part, every one in the company is on the same page. So imagine my surprise when one part of a company tells me something, and then another part tells me the complete opposite.

As some of you may or may not know, I work in the trade and logistics industry for a large 3PL (third party logistics) company. In laymen terms, We essentially handle the movement and coordination of cargo around the world for our clients. This rant is about one of the steamship companies (The people who own and run the actual ships full of containers). We have a long standing client who we have been co-ordinating shipments for via New Orleans for some time now, who has some cargo that needs to be exported. I coordinate with the carrier, and everything is set; business as usual. This cargo was being picked up on Monday to be shipped next week. Everything was finished two days ago.

This morning a get an email from the carriers branch in New Orleans telling me that they no longer offer this trade route...the business day before everything was to be picked up. When I inquired with the HQ in Miami, they had no idea I was talking about. THis is what I mean about having your shit together. How is it that not even the HQ new about the change but the local branch did?

What. The. Petch.

We finally were able to fix this mess about 3 hours later and after many phone calls, but because of the carriers mistake, my client is now receiving his cargo 2 weeks laters than planned, at a higher rate.

Please, for all of you who stuck with me this far into my rant. In what ever you do; whether its school, work, family, or just plain life,

Have your shit together.

B.

Edit: I lied. I is now 4:00 pm in the afternoon, and the they still cant seem to get their shit together. I am literally only waiting on a single email before I cam move forward with this $20k+ shipment.

Thank god its Friday.
a
Balian Martell
The young hunter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Balian Martell on February 9th, 2015, 6:27 pm

Hey there Every one!

Seeing as how Vlogs are making a comeback, I guess I jump on the band wagon and make a another one soon.

So please Post up questions if you have any!
a
Balian Martell
The young hunter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shane Wallsly on February 9th, 2015, 6:31 pm

I will shamelessly demand these questions be answered every time I see someone asking for questions for a vlog because you're all superstars to me.

What is your favorite word?
What is your least favorite word?
What turns you on?
What turns you off?
What sound or noise do you love?
What sound or noise do you hate?
What is your favorite curse word?
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
What profession would you not like to do?
If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
Group Threads: 1/3

ImageImageImage

Clerk at Mystic Eye Fortune Telling
Shane Wallsly
Success Is The Only Option

Words: 284445
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2013, 9:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)

Postby Aventis on February 10th, 2015, 12:32 am

I have one question. One.

What if Bal's heirloom snapped in two and could not be repaired? What would he do?

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Katelyn Marks on February 11th, 2015, 3:27 pm

I have some pretty generic questions, but here you go.

What is your favorite movie?
What is your favorite brand of music/song/band, whichever?
Do you have any pets?
If no, do you like animals?
Do you hate animals? Impossible.
What is an embarrassing memory you have?
What is a memory you love to share?
Do you have any unique skills?
Do you have any unique hobbies?
Katelyn Marks
Gingersnap

Words: 226535
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2014, 10:58 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Balian Martell on December 29th, 2015, 5:33 am

So. For those of you that follow this scrap, (the few that you are) you are aware that I have been MIA for quite some time. Over the summer I was hired to a new company that produces audio systems. My position requires that I travel often between our suppliers and vendors, so I havent been home much the second half of the year. I also moved! the new job was somewhat far away (commuting wasn't feasible) so I was forced to move to a new city. Thankfully, I do not have to travel as much now, which gives me more time to dedicate to my hobbys, such as this site.

In my absence, my threads and partners have been left abandoned and for that I deeply apologize to every one. I will be focusing mainly on solos and flashbacks, in an attempt to catch up to where Balian should be. If any one in interested in threading I of course would be more than happy to oblige, but for the most I will be working in setting up B in the direction I want him to go.

Well, I am glad to be back and happy threading!
a
Balian Martell
The young hunter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Nivel on December 29th, 2015, 11:24 pm

I'm pretty sure the'll understand, Everyone disappears on Miz from time to time because life becomes overwhelming.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Balian Martell on June 2nd, 2017, 11:50 am

Well. Life sure has been exciting since I last posted.

Since my last post, I was put in charge of a major project at work, Which i was actually able to finish a head of schedule. Following said project, I was crazy enough to quit my job and go to grad school!! This was all last summer.

Since then, I have began studying for my master's degree. My degree is a dual focus on Economics and International Relations, where I am concrentrating on International Political Economy. This may all sound like gibberish/technospeak but its actually simpler than it sounds. I would be more than willing to talk about it with anyone should interest be shown.

Any who, my program is two years, where the first year I had the option of studying in Italy, which I very prompty took. This past year living and studying in Italy has been amazing. I managed to pick up some of the language and travel around, not just in Italy, but throughout Europe as well! The food was amazing, the Wine was cheap and everflowing, the people i met were increadible, oh and I also did well in my academics! (I am a student afterall.) Given all this, its little wonder why I found little time to actually write.

Sadly, my time in Italy has finished. For the summer I managed to secure an internship in Brussels, Belgium working for a think tank that studies the various political and economic issues that come up in the world, which if I am to be honest fits nicely with my interests! On top of this, I also find myself with both a desire and the time to actually focus more on writing! While i may not be able to crank out posts every day, I do expect to get a few out every week.

At the end of the summer I'll be heading back state side to finish my degree, and then rejoin the working world. Oh what joy!
a
Balian Martell
The young hunter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal