Closed Knight and Healer part trois. [S'Essy]

Our hero returns home after a day at work.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Knight and Healer part trois. [S'Essy]

Postby Markus Andres on January 26th, 2015, 10:00 pm

1st of Winter 514 AV

Kvist didn't even feel his legs as he ran down the street. It was a few miles short of an all out sprint. In the cold winter night, it bit into him, but he didn't care at all. Something else was on his mind. Something much more important than himself. Blood covered part of his visage. The right side of his face had been splattered with blood. It was not his own, it belonged to select pieces of scum that the knight ddn't think about the blood he had spilt this night. He felt more at easy that way. Leaving those who had died in the past, beyond his thoughts. Though he did leave a pattern of blood from his shoulder. One that had been injured through the chain mail. It was a superficial wound, but it had still caked his armour. Once he had finished talking to S'Essy, he would have to get her to check on it.

He turned a right. The walls of the Quay could be seen. The larger gatehouse was also within view. As Morwen's winter bit into him he slowed himself. Feet slid across the road. Heart pounded like he had been hunted by wild dogs. Through the gate house he hurried. Crossed the open area and entered the main building. One of the few buildings outside of Syliras where Kvist might feel safe as he slept. Especially in the anarchistic city of Sunberth. One of the few places he dared leave S'Essy alone in Sunberth.

The knight climbed the stairs. Moved stealthily by the rooms that did not belong to him. A hand pushed open the door to their shared room. Kvist felt his heart beat ever harder. His human heart. The heart blessed by a god. He moved into the room and his eyes searched the blue tinted room as Leth bathed it with his blueish hue.

His breath was quick and shallow as he tried to calm his heart. Thoughts raced. Kvist knew it couldn't be far beyond midnight. Hopefully his love would not yet be in bed, he didn't like the idea of waking her up. The little girl he had saved today was too sharp a reminder for the knight to focus on more important things. Eyes scanned the room and there was a shadow cast upon the bed. He saw her standing by the window. The blue light emphasised her beautiful and mesmerising. He was no poet, far from it, so his mind remained still and merely enjoyed the sight. A firm smile as he moved through the room as stealthily as he could. She would probably hear him despite his efforts, but still. He hoped for the small surprise as he reached between her arms and body and rested his hands upon her belly.

”Thinking about a late night swim?” Markus smiled as his chin rested on her left shoulder and he looked out their window at the sea. He would be content standing there for a chime or two. Finding his calm after a long day. The eagerness he felt earlier, the haste with which he had moved seemed irrelevant in her presence. He felt calm in her presence as he rested his chin on her shoulder and watched her beloved sea. Didn't even pay any attention to his injured shoulder.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on February 23rd, 2015, 9:06 pm

First day of winter was passing by. Syna wasn't on the sky as much anymore and Morwen started her journey around Mizahar. It was very cold, and it meant S'Essy would have a lot of work around the Quay. Winter could bring many misfortune to people and she couldn't imagine what misfortune would it bring to these people in Sunberth. The Konti just didn't want to think about it, it was hard enough to see this many. She didn't know how long she could stay sane in these conditions but she was trying her best. She was not just a healer, she was a fighter also. She had to stay healthy and for Rak'keli she would stay as one.

It was night time also and she was lying on the bed already. Her hand resting on her belly, she was carrying a little life there. She just couldn't get used to the thought, still unbelievable and so unexpected. Maybe a bit too early but she was fine with it. Though the Konti wished she wouldn't be in Sunberth. And so far she could hide it and keep it as a secret but this season she couldn't. Her belly would start to grow, showing that she was pregnant. She couldn't think about that.

She couldn't sleep, but not because of these thoughts, she kinda got used to it, she just deep inside didn't want to. Waiting for Markus at nights was terrible. Seconds became minutes, minutes became hours and hours became days to her. Eventually her tiredness wins and she would be asleep. But she was waiting for him, wanted to be sure he is next to her.

She just got up from the bed, easier to stay awake. She went to the window, to watch the Sea. The only thing which could remind me that she was home and safe. And that at least S'Essy had his "Father's watchful eyes" there. If nothing else, if she was alone, she could calm herself with Him.
She wanted to go away from there and have a calm place, for her, for Markus' and for the baby's sake.

Then she heard the door opening. Finally he had arrived home and earlier than she thought. She didn't turn around though. S'Essy took a deep breath and blew it out. He was trying to come silently but with not much luck. Though for a moment, she got frightened when he touched her. But that quickly vanished as a warm and comfort feelings were spreading through her body in his arms. A little smile finally appeared on her face as she felt better that he was there. She tilted her head onto his and closed her eyes, her hands holding his. "If it would be summer or spring and if we weren't be here then yes, I would think about that. Maybe with you." She said silently, it could be heard that she was tired. Then her smile lost a bit of its brightness. "I'm tired Markus." Her hands were squeezing his, hard. "I don't wanna complain and I'm with you where ever you go I'm just... so tired of this. I try to see the joy, I try to bring joy to them.. I don't know. I'm sorry, I don't wanna sound selfish, your family is at sake but I wanna go home soon."
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on February 25th, 2015, 6:53 pm

Kvist felt the shiver of fright as he touched her. She must've heard him or that shiver would have been more pronounced. Though his momentary flare of worry vanished when she leant her head against his and together they watched Laviku extend to the horizon. The reflection of his love responded to his question and her smile faded a little. Something was on her mind and it wasn't good. But her natural smile and warmth when he had embraced her comforted him a little. It was not him. It was something else. She didn't look hurt, but her powers ensured that anything minor would be taken care of before he saw her. The warmth in her smile and their age old promise of always being frank with one another also told him that wasn't it. Still the worry lingered. Her hands found his. Word spoken as his hands were tightly held. He didn't speak. Would allow his lover to speak her mind. His heart sank a little as she started to talk. Tired of what? Of this? Of them, no - that wasn't true. The city. Their situation. She was pregnant and in Sunberth. She allowed her to finish and the word she had spoken at the end made him confused. Home. What constituted home for her? Mura? Riverfall? ... Him? He hugged her a little tighter and eyes looked beyond the reflection in the glass and at the sea.

"This place also drains me... Every act of kindness is washed away in a flood of greed and cruelty..." He winced when he shifted his balance. His shoulder was still injured and he shifted his focus to that. So close. His armour had saved him and more importantly the little one. It was rare that his armour saved him so thoroughly as it had today. "And I am sorry. It is because of me we're here. I am trying, but..." He sighed. "Doesn't matter. I will find them... and I won't let our child be born in this shykehole. This is no place for a child. Trust me." He sought her eyes in the reflection. He was absolutely certain in that aspect. His child was not going to be born in Sunberth. He would rather spend an entire season at sea than allow that to happen. He suppressed a yawn. It was late. He was injured. S'Essy was tired. He really shouldn't be up now. They shouldn't be up now. It could wait. She was too tired for his antics right now.

"Have I ever mentioned how beautiful you look bathed in Leth's light?" He said with a carefree voice - before he let it switch over to a more serious matter as he winced once again. "Hmm, I hate to ruin the good mood and I know you're tired. But could you have a look at my shoulder? Don't worry, the armour took the brunt of it honey." He released her and moved away from the window and removed his chain-mail west and placed it on the ground carefully. No reason to awaken everyone in the building. He removed the padding as well and revealed the wounded shoulder. It wasn't deep. It was still open and the pressure of the armour and padding along with time had stemmed the flow. It looked ghastly though as lines of blood trailed down his left arm and down his torso. He placed himself in the bed and leant back. Allowing his personal nurse to take care of him if she wanted to - although her oath no doubt was yelling at her to take care of him.

Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on February 26th, 2015, 2:58 pm

She didn't open her eyes, she didn't want to see his face after what she had said. She felt guilty and regretted that she was that selfish. It was his family at sake, she had to endure that much for them. His hold tightened. Fortunately he seemed to agree and this place was draining him too. And he was right just not entirely. Some act of kindness isn't washed away because of greed and cruelty but because of survival. Some of these people simply has no choice and do horrible things. Having no choice, that's cruel. And he was the one apologizing, she opened her eyes to look at his reflection. She wanted to say something but she couldn't, she just stood there silently. A promise to get out here before the baby's due. Easier to say then done.

He was tired... obviously, his yawn signed that too. She was tired too but she wasn't sure if physically or just mentally or both. She let away a smile for his compliment. "No you haven't, Ser. Have I ever mentioned how... muscular you look in Leth's light?" She teased him but then she noticed the wince when he moved. Her smile faded and she got the answer right away. He should have mentioned before but it wasn't that painful or serious if he didn't even tell her about it till now. She just shook her head and sighed. She turned around and just waited till he took off his chain-mail and the padding. The Healer saw the wound right away, wasn't bleeding at the moment but his torso and left arm was bloodied. The moment she saw the wound, something was tickling in her. She had to heal it.

He placed himself on the bed, being all comfy. S'Essy smiled again slightly and raised her eyebrows. "OOH You also want me to heal it right?" Started to mess with him. "Sorry darling, but you said you want me to have a look at it. I have. It looks painful and gross." She went to the side where he was lying on and sat down at the edge of the bed. Placed her hand on his shoulder and with Rak'keli's power, she mended it. She took away her hand and it was no more. She crossed her legs and pushed him a bit further on the bed with her bottom. "What's up with injuries and your shoulders? Didn't I find you at the forest with injured shoulder the first time too?" She just remembered. Yes their first meeting, he was crying for help he was injured.

And how much younger he looked. The mustache also gave some years to him. She could clean bring some rag and clean his torso and arm but she just didn't feel like standing up from there. She was lazy to do so, she just couldn't care about the look anymore. She brushed through his hair and wandered to his face then to his mustache, then back messing his hair again. She could have sleep but she didn't feel like to, they barely had any time to talk with one and other privately. Was gazing into his emerald eyes while still messing with his hair and Eleazar's word came into her mind. "My handsome prince huh?" She said silently, but more like to herself.

"So... how do you know them? I mean this Web and Bitzer Redwulf?" Came out the sudden and random question and quickly added. "Not to inter..terogete you, bleh.. just curious." Her common was "perfect" as ever.
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on February 26th, 2015, 9:05 pm

Kvist didn't lie alone in the bed for long before she climbed in with him. He saw the worry in her eyes. Though she was a trained healer, she would probably dismiss it in short time as a minor wound. Nothing serious enough to warrant her fuzzing about. When she cracked a joke he was certain that she knew that as well. The teasing tone was welcome change from their more stressed conversation before. One he would have to return to in a moment. Her hand pressed on the wound and he winced as the pain spread from the injury - but the pain was chased away by a warmer feeling. Under her hand his broken skin and flesh was being reformed. Skin pulled together and the stemming the flow of blood. Repaired tissue and what not. She would know more about what was going on than him. Although he was curious, he honestly didn't want to know what was specifically happening to his body. He was blissfully unaware and just enjoyed the warmth that he associated with her goddess' powers.

"A healer finding an injury gross... Now I have seen that as well." He smirked as he felt her press him back in the bed. He could sleep when he was older. Really he wanted to grab something to eat and he also had to remember to brush those teeth of his. But he was concerned for his lover. She spoke of the first time they met and Kvist thought back in the time before he was a knight. The days as a squire when life seemed simpler. More carefree with a singular goal.

"I think it was my arm actually." He patted his biceps. He was fairly sure- no, he was positively sure that he had injured himself practising the move he had thought would win him a fight against his master. It hadn't. It had surprised him, but not given him victory. Plenty of others had had their necks slit open by that manoeuvre. He focused on his lover again. Almost mentioned that she had followed that up with injuring his ankle. But he didn't want to mention that, she didn't need to be reminded. "I didn't have my shield equipped at the time..." He explained. If he had had his shield that shoulder would have been too protected to have been injured. He enjoyed her hand moving through his hair. A comfortable feeling as she asked and stumbled over a word. He smiled and eyes gleamed as he looked at hers.

"Interrogation my dear. and it is alright, been meaning to tell you for a while but... well. - Bitzer and I used to date in Syliras before she left. She was a squire with the order, but we broke up when she left the order for ... whatever she is doing here. I didn't know Web before I came here." He sought her eyes. Looking for signs of what the revelation of Markus and Fallon's relatively brief relationship meant to S'Essy. He slid his hand up her side and pulled her closer for a kiss. To reassure her?

"I should have told you a long time ago... I just... never got around to it. I'm sorry honey."

Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on February 27th, 2015, 4:43 pm

It was his arm not his shoulder. She couldn't remember back well, for some reason she remembered otherwise. Not like it mattered. "Well, I was close at least, I guess." She said and shrugged. But then the next part of that story came to her mind which was still pretty embarrassing but she could just laugh at it now, and she indeed let out a little chuckle when he mentioned he should had equipped that shield. He really should had. "Yeah, but you were younger and who knew a dangerous Konti would swing your sword and make you bleed. I don't even know how it slipped out of my hands. Although the story continues there..." She started with a bigger smile. "You charmed me right away. You so easily charmed me, I barely even knew you. Not like I regretted it, it's the opposite."

He just smiled at her as she asked. He was really relaxed, she wasn't sure why he was smiling. And the answer just made it even more confusing. He was really open about it to her, just smiling at it and looking right into her eyes. This indicated something. She wasn't so much disturbed about the fact that they dated because of that. Her stomach felt a bit hard but nothing else, it faded away quickly. "I see.." S'Essy wasn't sure what to answer to that though.

He didn't need to pull must, as she naturally lean closer for the kiss. And he apologized, she was smiling back at him."I think this was the right time for it, don't worry." Indeed, they have been together enough and they were both calm. "I had a date or two in Riverfall too. Not as successful though, didn't find any guy who I had any relationship with. I wonder though..." why she had to go to Riverfall then. But she didn't continue, she realized it wasn't the best time for it. "No, not important."

She took her legs on the bed as well and lied on him. Pressing her head on his chest, didn't really bother about the blood this time. She couldn't simply. She was hearing his heart beating. It had a good rhythm. And she felt his warm as well. "We didn't talk about her name. At least it will be easy to come up with one, knowing her gender." She put her arms around him, still worried when she mentioned that. "An Andres. A Seer or would she continue my family's path? Many questions. Any ideas about the name? "
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on March 2nd, 2015, 10:09 pm

"Well- I would've been a fool if I didn't do my very best to charm you. Not every day a wonderful Konti manifests herself by your side in the nick of time." Kvist smirked, it was good to know S'Essy didn't regret anything. For he surely didn't regret anything either. It had been some rough years without her, but she was back again and this time he wasn't going to let her go anywhere - not without him with her at least. He could feel she didn't feel entirely at ease with his admission of his former relationship with Fallon. And he couldn't fault her for saying she had a couple of dates in Riverfall. But honestly he didn't want to know more about that. Not tonight at least. Perhaps once in the future, when their relationship is more solidified and in a stable location. Not while they were guests in Sunberth.

"Their loss. My win." He said with a confident grin as she lied down on him. His arms found their way around her loosely. She would hear his elevated heart beat as he thought about the girl he saved earlier. The little Konti baby. It had been a mess. So many dead thugs. He shuddered and as he did so the woman resting upon him shook as well. "Sorry." He said lowly as a hand stroked through her hair. The subject changed once more. A name. A name for their future baby. A girl's name, obvious. His last name. Which made him a little happy. Would be a little Andres, also in name. Not in race, which he was okay with.

"A seer or a healer? What if she wants to follow in her dear father's footsteps?" It was a dangerous subject. He was the warrior. The man addicted to combat. S'Essy was not like him. He knew that. How would she feel if her daughter became a warrior like him? How would he feel about his daughter as a warrior. "I... haven't considered any names. But we have time. My little prins'essy" A grin upon his lips at his own very bad joke. "But yea, I can't wait to go home either. Come back to a more structured life. Where I won't keep you waiting up until late in the evening. A place where we can raise our little fish together in safety." He sighed gently as his hand slid through her hair. "But we can't leave in winter. Not until late winter at least. So it will be some time before we can go." He looked out the window and at Leth that bathed them in his blue hue. His naked torso and S'Essy's clothed self.

"Have you thought of a name? I mean, you know more of Konti-appropriate names than I."

Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on March 4th, 2015, 5:51 pm

She just chuckled at his comment. He would have been a fool to not charm her. And probably she would've been a fool to not be charmed. She still felt guilty about leaving him, because either she didn't understand her Call well or her Call was simply unjustified for her. But she didn't want to question the gods and goddesses in that matter. She still thought she misunderstood her Call which she didn't know how. Was she that bad at this too like in combat? No more stupid thoughts she didn't have to deal with that now.

Their loss, his win. It's an interesting way to put it. She just listened to his steady breathing and heart beating with closed eyes. Was it the right thing to do to tell her about the dates. Not like they were significant enough to her or to anyone, he didn't really need to know about them. Then a sudden shudder went through which even she felt and after an apology she was just smiling. "Was I too good, darling? I didn't know we have started it yet." She was teasing and flirting with him. She liked him stroking her hair this time. So gentle.

Markus also gave a reasonable question she almost forgot. He wanted a son after all who would follow his path, just she couldn't give him that. Not in that way anyway. But maybe their daughter would. "Yeah, maybe she would want that. Let her decide." She understood how was it when your parent wanted to tell you what you should do, because that's why you have been born. She tried not to do that with her own child. Not like her mom made her do that, Rak'keli marked her and she happily helped people and healed them but it was still too much pressure for her as a kid.

Moving on though, he didn't have any idea about the name. Her smile became a bit brighter about his joke but then it vanished too as he their little fish. She opened her eyes and looked up seriously at him. "That would be really great yes but don't call her fish okay? She is your daughter." She didn't like it when as a child she was called that and she believed no girl would be happy to be called as "fish". As an adult she got used to it and just smiles at it.

"No, no idea about a name. And it doesn't have to be a Konti-appropriate name. It can be a human-appropriate name." She didn't want this whole difference. She was a Konti yes, but she was an Andres too, part of his family. She knew that for some race it was unappealing that their race only produced Konti expect with Akalak but they could join their culture easily.

S'Essy got up from him, sitting on his legs only. But looked back at him. Her eyes wandered to his gnosis mark. "I don't want to ruin this moment but.... no, I'm curious. What happened after I left?"
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on March 12th, 2015, 2:23 pm

"Yea, I know." Was all he said in response to her request about their future child. Perhaps he should stop using the fish analogy entirely, S'Essy seemed not to enjoy it as much as he did. He figured if she called him a monkey in return he'd feel the same way about the nickname. Kvist enjoyed the peaceful contrast to the work he had just performed. The simplicity of lying in bed with his beautiful lover, talking about the future and the past without fearing the response of the other.

"But I like Konti names, they're nice and exotic." Fingers went through her hair slowly as he yawned lightly. Much could be said of Sunberth, but he was never really bored in the city. There was no time to feel bored. Always people eager to slit your throat and fight for scraps and once work was done, he had his lover to keep him company. A contrast he enjoyed. "But... Yes. Whatever the gods decide, I will follow their will." He would try and draw her close for a kiss. Their baby was a mix of worlds. Kvist was a warrior, S'Essy was a healer...

Though her next question surprised him. He had felt it was a unspoken thing between them that they did not ask about the intertwining years when they had been apart. Perhaps his admission that he had dated Fallon had made S'Essy curious. Kvist was not the type to think back on his past. Few events in his past had not been tainted with bad memories. He preferred to live in the present and look forward optimistically. Kvist looked out the window, at the dark sky, away from the woman sitting on his legs.

" A lot... A lot of things happened." He said vaguely before looking at his lover. "I... Focused on the knighthood after you left. Only thing that kept me from reminding myself. Heh..." He snorted helplessly. "We're talking about ... what? 3½ years... I went on my knighting quest, to a bay near Nyka. I returned to Syliras just in time for the storm..." Kvist looked away again. The things that transpired in those caves. The chaos and the riots he helped put down. After that came the campaign against Sahova. Then Mura... Fallon... Only Mura was a bright spot. "I spent some time... travelling after the storm. Was here in Sunberth, went to ... Sahova. From there to Mura, spent the winter nestled on your lovely home island." There was a warmth in his voice as he mentioned the island. "Came home, to a promotion, to a settled life, until we went to Zeltiva." He sat up and wrapped his arms around S'Essy. A coy smile on his lips. "Did I sate your curiosity?"

Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on March 22nd, 2015, 12:43 pm

"A nice and exotic Konti name you say.." She repeated after him, and was thinking about names. Hardly any name came to her mind and she also was thinking about a name which would fit to the name "Andres". After all, their daughter would have the name "Andres" too. Nothing came to her mind at that moment, but she had time to think. He would also follow the will of their gods. Their gods would decide their child's fate. Strange but true and never in her life tried to question that. But S'Essy still believed that they could choose.

She saw in his eyes that it surprised him. Asking about his past, even if not the distant one, was a sensitive spot for him. He never really talked about it. He was in fact hiding it from her and that disturbed her. He didn't trust her that much did he? Was he that afraid of her opinion? But she respected and loved him much to bother him with it. However slowly, little by little, she would like to unlock those little secrets. Someday perhaps she could get to know him better like that. Someday.

But for now he was talking about the recent events. For her surprise he talked about it freely, didn't see anything on his face. As she thought, he worked hard to be a good knight. He became a knight and luckily arrived back just before that terrible storm. She shivered just imagining the fear that went through her in Riverfall. And she had to help many that season. Though she was surprise that he was in Sunberth before.. explains why he knew the place. Sahova she didn't know and then of course Mura. Then they met again in Syliras. Then his warm arms wrapped around her.

"Well... I appreciate you told me this, you aren't one who would do so. And this wasn't detailed either but, yes you did." She leaned on him and felt very lucky at that moment.

A wide smile appeared on her face as she turned to him. "You know, I really like it, when our body touches one and another, feeling your warmth and skin." She put her arms around him, pulling him close, she placed her chin on his shoulder, whispering to his ear."I like smelling your scent... I like the taste of your lips." She pulled her head away, so she can place a quick kiss on his lips. "And I like that you are mine and I'm yours." She kissed him again, but more passionately this time.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Next