Closed Long Time No See

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Long Time No See

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on February 24th, 2015, 6:35 am

Common Vani Nari

Upon entering the room, Gale had noticed the bench that had obviously been flipped over by the raging man. The seat was now facing the floor and the legs stuck out, reading to hit someone in the thigh and leave a fat bruise. But it wasn't the legs of the bench that managed to leave a mark on the day, or even the floor for that matter.

It was blood, anger, and tears.

Although it had taken Ricky a few seconds to even do anything at all besides breathe, though in all honesty, Gale would hardly describe it as breathing, he knew exactly what was coming as soon as the man had turned around. The whole process of his fingers curling up, his swift turn around, and his aggressive approach all pointed to one unhappy ending. An ending in which Gale didn't know how to dodge.

As a matter of fact, his attempt to avoid it made it worse.

While Ricky probably would have only hit him on his shoulders or his jaw if he would have just taken the hit like he probably should have, Gale flinched downward, and as a result, the hefty knuckles landed in the craves of his nose. Instantly blood had spattered as a loud crack echoed inside his nose hallow and dazed head. As the blood dripped from his nose, the dizzy man stumbled against the door, practically falling into it with another loud thud. Having been able to use the door as a relatively steady support although, he managed not to topple completely over, but simply bent over, his hands clasping the now crooked nose.

Gale tried not to scream, but he moaned loudly at the instant head ache, Ricky's words blaring in his ear like a trumpet playing a sour note. There was a point where Gale tried to interrupt the man by adding,"
Dammit Ricky, I don't anymore!" But he simply did the same as Gale would have done if he was standing in his own shoes. Just went on. He had the right to ramble on anyway.

Well was said an done however, Gale no longer felt upset at himself for not telling the truth, or for trying to commit suicide. He was furious in his whirling thoughts that Ricky had completely lost the point of anything he was trying or did say. And it didn't make much sense to him at all why he would be yelling at someone who could very possibly be suicidal. That was the worst idea in the history of the planet aside from being tortured and sliced up by a petching woman with an outrageous accent. He could understand that he was mad and upset, with reason, but what made Gale mad was that Ricky had always told him that he would be there for him, and as soon as Ricky could have helped, he chose a completely different route. The route that included breaking his petching nose!

"
Okay! Okay, okay, I petching get it, dammit!" Gale said through his bloody hands. "I get it! I'm a liar, I'm selfish, I'm an idiot, I'm a bastard, I'm a petching psychopath! I'm a terrible person, I'm a petching monster. " After all these years, he finally admitted it. "Petch it all, I'm a monster!" By now, Gale had let his hands down, not caring if any blood got on the floor or his shirt. "But petch you Ricky, I'm not like that anymore! Do you still see me standing here?! Have I not been here when you were gone?! Huh?! " Pointing over his shoulder, as if to point outside somewhere,"When that damned woman saved me, she flat out told me that I could jump right back into the water if my petching bloody soul pleased and she would leave me be, but you want to know why I didn't? You want to know why?!"He screamed up at the man, the taste of iron now in his mouth as it dripped over his lips. "Because I swear to Laviku if you say yes and then hit me again, I'll leave and you'll never see me again." Gale's tone went grave, his brows creased firmly.

He didn't know if Ricky would call his bluff.

But he didn't wait for his answer either."
I suppose you don't though because all your petching mind can think about is the wrong! The one bloody petching thing! But fine! I'll tell you while I lied! I'll tell why I didn't tell you!" Gale took a step towards him. The only step he could take towards him without going through the man. He then whispered up to the beast. "I didn't tell you because you couldn't help me." The very thought of having to confess it made him grit his teeth. And as he continued, his over pronunciation of his words made him spit the bloody red saliva onto the man and onto himself.

"
You petching couldn't help me, no one could. I couldn't even help myself. " His knuckles were white from his hands balling into tight fists. "The only way I could have been helped was if I actually did it. If I actually died." His gaze didn't deter from the man's blue eyes. "And if I wasn't dead for a second I swear to Laviku I was the closest there is to it." Using his wrist, he whipped only part of the mess that was covering his face, only to have it be replaced by the steady stream of blood that was slowly trickling out of his crooked nose. "I've attempted to die before, but before I could do it, some crazy bitch caught me, and waved her little knife around," he mimicked the waving, as if holding the dagger himself,"and threatened to take my life herself. And you know what that did to help me? Nothing." Of course it wouldn't. "I've talked to people about it, doctors, because apparently it's a disease of some kind to some crazy bitches, and they all have comforted me and said everything was going to be okay and had me do happy things." He put on a cheesy, bloody smile. "You want to know what that did?" he continued to smile. "Nothing!! Not a damn thing!"

Gale stomped his foot almost as to emphasize the word, but mainly because his head hurt so much he didn't know what to do,"
The only damn thing that could help me was doing it, and being in the darkness that I had so longed for just to prove to myself it really wasn't that great after all! " Gale finally broke his gaze, but only for a second as he rubbed his throbbing temples"All it was was cold, Ricky, damn bloody cold. I wasn't even a corpse in that moment, I wasn't even a lifeless shell, I was the cold, the very thing that was calloused over my heart for years. "

He looked back up to him,"
And thank Priskil and bless her soul that she saved me because now I know that I didn't want to kill myself, I just wanted someone who wouldn't die in my petching arms as soon as I started giving a shyke. "

His eyes locked onto Ricky's once more, and he finished,"
Do you have any other pending questions you are dying to know the answer to?"

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Long Time No See

Postby Ricky Maze on February 24th, 2015, 7:48 am

To hear Gale break down and admit the things he was, the things he claimed himself to used to be, it not only brought an intense pause in Ricky but changed the course of his breathing. The short burst of pants slowed down and grew in span but they also shook, the reality of the situation finally soaked into the mind as the angry fisherman felt his heart sink further and further. Dammit! He's not! He's not any o' d'em t'ings! He's not!! His hands started to tremble as Gale went on and called himself a monster, something that the father didn't intend to leave an impression with that wild rant. He'd simply exploded without any thought behind his words in that moment and now he felt regret in the whole of it, the entire act brought an inflicted injury on one of the most important people he cared about. That act alone was enough to damn himself to whatever form of hell existed out there, be it Dira's own domain or even that black hole that already swallowed his pinky whole.

Then Gale's own words stabbed into the very beating heart that inflicted an emotional world of pain on Ricky, the fact that he had been told he couldn't help a bitter pill he just refused to swallow so easily. But he did. For a moment he felt ready to lose it again, to let his anger just take over and allow himself to black out, to lose control and just let whatever damage would be done just happen. But... now the urge for it had died down and sure enough, the fist fell back to a dangle with no fingers curled to form the blunt force that damaged Gale's own nose. Why? Why did he want t' die? Why didn't he find 'cause fer help, t' trust me wit' dis wicked secret sooner so Oi could've stayed 'ere an' stopped 'im?! The fisherman squeezed his eyes shut for a moment as he felt himself ready to break down, the sign of tears a sparse moment of weakness he'd rather not reveal at the moment. Last time he'd broken down like this he'd nearly hurt a Kelvic woman who stole his coin purse, and she turned out to be his brother's lover no less once the two met up in the Infirmary several days afterwards.

The point was he'd acted upon impulse again and it nearly cost him a tremendous amount of self respect, his pride had been damaged that night but this time things were different. Pride wasn't at stake here but a serious matter of friendship based on the past choices one person made, and yet here he stood now when he could've very well been gone a long time ago. He... he was still here. He still stood here, now even after those times passed. Then finally the reason behind it all, the very answer that Ricky needed to hear that could've justified it all. It'd been a similar reason Ricky himself debated giving up off and on, when he felt alone himself and nobody really cared. Had Priskil not been there? He'd been gone if she didn't save him, and sure enough he could've dove back in if he really wanted to give up. Yet... here he stood. Alive.

Ricky ground his teeth hard for a chime as he struggled to contain himself then, a loud growl to follow as he twisted to his left to let go the urge to hit something once more. "Gods DAMN IT!" He roared as he kicked the underneath of the bench hard, he then turned his head away to avoid the chances of Gale seeing his face. That didn't mean Gale wouldn't know what soon occurred of course, since the overgrown man couldn't even manage to keep the sobs he made silent. Even as quiet as they were there just wasn't a way to keep his breakdown a private matter, he literally gave into tears in front of the best friend, the very Godfather to his son, that he'd managed to hurt because he'd failed to consider the fact that Gale might've actually become better. "Oi'm sorry.... Oi'm sorry.... Oi'm sorry..." It would then become apparent that Ricky wouldn't be able to stop from repeating those same exact words, he remained petrified in place with his head hung low and tears free to hit the floor. If anything Gale could tell there was sincere regret to be found, but it also depended on the man to decide where to go from here.

He could leave freely if he chose to and Ricky wouldn't stop him, or he could stay if he wished and attempt to console the heavyhearted fisherman.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Long Time No See

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on February 24th, 2015, 8:59 am

Common Vani Nari

As soon as Ricky had turned away and hit the chair, Gale knew that he had to pill everything. Hearing the low sobs from the father let him know that he couldn't take anymore lies, and he couldn't handle anymore avoidance or deceitfulness. And frankly, Gale couldn't either. He knew one day he'd have to break. That he'd have to just tell everything, absolutely everything, whether he liked it or not.

And whether Ricky liked it or not, Gale felt that that moment was now.

Taking a few steps back and sliding down the wall slowly, the tired blonde rubbed his bluing eyes, smearing red under his eyes and in his eyelashes. His head kicked him over and over and over again and each time it kicked him, he looked at his bloodied hands with a audible wince. At first he though the faint whispering of an apology was his own, remembering the blood gurgling from the sailors mouth as it fell onto his face and ran down his hands. But it was Ricky, saying the words, but Gale stopped him.

"
No Ricky, I'm sorry." He let his head fall between his knees. Oh, the blasted head ache. "I was sorry since the very first day I met you, because I knew that I would have to tell you one day." His head shook briefly, slow drips falling from the tip of his nose to the floor below him. "I'm not even sure if you would remember, but I will never forget."

His blood was smeared into his golden hair with his hands running through it. "
When a sailor named David was killed, wave guard all around were looking for a man, calling him Bloody eye, naming him Bloody eye, got a group together to look for petching bloody eye. The poor bastard." Gale took too long of a tick to loudly gather up a lot of the iron red saliva in his mouth and spit it out in a large, gooey clump on the floor. "The said they found him in the arms of his wife, mourning and wailing for her lost, when really, she found him in the shadowy midst of his murderer who was too scared to do anything but pin it on someone else. " He closed his eyes. "She arrived only a few ticks, tick tock, tick tock, after his blood already splattered all over him and his face, and just after he had stopped convulsing over top of him."

Gale was half surprised that Ricky didn't demand that he stop the gruesome tale, or maybe he perhaps did but he simply didn't hear it because of the pain in his head. He felt like he was going mad as the pressure of stress had strained him through the wringer. Or maybe it just started to, who knew. "
Only ticks before was he simply walking along, on his way home to that wife, but ticks after his eyes bled and bulged and he gurgled on what had once given him life, struggling to get a grip on the man who didn't actually know him. " He sighed, "Just blindly following as if he did."

Gale didn't mean to tell it as if it was a story. It was far from what he wished, he wished he could just till Ricky. But the story made him felt more detached, just enough so so that he didn't bawl his eyes out trying to finish his blubbering sentence. "
I should know better than anyone in which what had happened that night, because I was there." Gale wasn't strong enough to do anything but sit there with his head between his bloodied knees. "If you saw the last image in which that man saw, I guarantee you would see me, because it was me in which held the glass that killed him, it was me that watched his life leave him. I was me who was deceived by a hypnotic thought and a blind rage to kill the man for revenge, even though he was innocent from the start. " The iron had started to mix with the clear salt that now too flowed down his nose and cheeks. "It's the reason I couldn't be helped, because I needed to pay for the life I had stole..."

Did Ricky say anything yet?

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Long Time No See

Postby Ricky Maze on February 24th, 2015, 9:44 am

His words didn't seem to stop, they found no end in which their source came only that from deep within, as the heart reflected nothing but true sincere feelings as he agonizingly pleaded for forgiveness. However with the words that Gale chose in saying it should've been him, that she should've been the one to say sorry... that brought a pause to the father's tongue as he still remained frozen in place. He somehow doubted that Gale meant what he said, that what he meant by being sorry ever since they met. W-what does d'at even mean? What's he sayin' now? The father's curiosity soon found itself slain not a moment too soon, as Gale didn't seem like he would refrain from yet another story he had to share with Ricky. At first it didn't seem to make sense and none of it added up, but after the beginning past and Gale continued things soon started to clear out in Ricky's head once again.

Gale... Apparently the mention of 'Bloody Eye' meant something to him, even though it had been something Ricky wasn't familiar with... No wait. Wasn't that the word some of the sailors spread talk about at the Kelp Bar, it had been a long while since Ricky had ever thought back to that year, specifically because he didn't want to remember it since Odis had died not too long before the season changed. Bloody Eye, Bloody Eye, Bloody Eye. Just who was this man, besides some sailor that happened to be named David? That part didn't seem to matter, that wasn't the point of the story Gale tried to get to. No... the point was. Ricky's squinted eyes widened with horrified disbelief. ....H-He... Did what?! The deep blue orbs soon became bloodshot as the story itself finally sunk in, the very secret that Gale had thought to try and tell him from the beginning, the very thing that led him to believe that he couldn't be saved.... was the fact Gale was a murderer. D'ats.... d'ats not true! It can't be!

He didn't want to hear anymore, yet he didn't have it in him to say stop. He had nothing but woe and doubt all tangled up inside, a great ball of yarn that just tangled itself larger and larger into a massive form of uncertainty and regret he just couldn't handle. The story reached its end and sure enough Gale had admitted the character had been him, he had fallen into the role of the bastard that killed an innocent man who likely had a family of his own. Family. Did that put his own family at danger? Were they safe from the monster that Ricky saw before him? Did Ricky actually see Gale as that sort of thing now, since the truth had finally been spilled? D'is... D'is isn't happenin'! D'is can't be... His head turned further away once more as he sank down to his knees in a slump, further sobs could be heard as he finally gave in to all the weight of the reality that surrounded him.

"Oi want yew gone..." He murmured in a low voice that Gale might or might not have been able to hear, of course the second time was loud enough for the walls to echo. "Oi want yew out o' d'is house!" Finally after a tick passed by that felt long and hard to cope with, Ricky raised his head just enough to be able to look over his shoulder at Gale. His eyes had become cold and damning if anything, but that's just the front he put up to hide the truth deep within.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Long Time No See

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on February 24th, 2015, 10:17 am

Common Vani Nari

Apparently not.

Ricky didn't say anything. Not a thing.

The murderer sat alone against the wall, feeling more like such than what was probably humanly possible, giving the amount of human life that was piled up on the floor in front of him not but a yard or two away. He was right there, but Gale couldn't feel him anymore. It was almost as if he no longer exited. Or maybe it was Gale that no longer existed to the man. Maybe he didn't matter anymore. Maybe he was nothing but a memory now. A sad, lost memory cast away like a pebble on the water. Maybe not even a pebble at all. Just a whisp of wind on his cheeks. Ever so faint.

With blood circling his eyes and with purple skin underneath the thick red paint, Gale's eyes looked up at the heaping sobs that were so real he could have touched it if he held his hand out. But the fear, the deep seeded fear that had been embedded in Gale all along had finally sprouted into a horridly dark blossom.

He had to get out.

He couldn't be there. What else did he expect? He couldn't be with them anymore. Not now when they have listened to his burdens, burdens in which he didn't expect them to carry with him. It was his sin and his alone. He couldn't ask them to take it. H e couldn't ask them to even look at it.

So he had to leave.

With his head pounding in fits of screaming and stomping, the widower stood up slowly, only the faintness of his staggered breathing heard. He had to go, leave them be. Ricky confirmed, repeating his final wish louder to the murderer before him. Compelled by his own treachery, Gale lingered his way to the door, hand set gently on it's delicately firm frame. He turned his head over his shoulder, fixing on the man one last time. Then it was set.

Their eyes met.

He wasn't welcome here. And he won't ever be.

Turning shamefully away from the glorious life he once had, Gale stepped foot out of the house for the last time, walking along the dirt and cold path down to wherever his feet took him. With his heart left in that home, Gale walked away with nothing.

He had no more secretes. No more lies.

But now he was alone.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Long Time No See

Postby Ricky Maze on February 24th, 2015, 10:40 am

What had he just done? What sort of foolish act had he carried out, the crime he himself committed in terms of bonds and friendship? Ricky had just cut the ties between both of them loose, and banished Gale from having further part in his life at this point. Yet for what purpose? Gale wasn't honestly a threat was he? Though he didn't know Ricky didn't leave it to chance apparently, the doubt had taken him to the extreme where he no longer had the capacity to think everything through right now. The world fell into one wild blur it seemed, an endless circle of lies and secrets that crumbled the very earth beneath him. Rose colored glass now shattered into broken fragments as they scattered across the floor, as the reality it served seemed forever altered by the facts he'd just learned.

Yet... he didn't want this.

Gale stood up after being told to leave, and before he finally left out the door eye contact had been made. What Ricky saw was just the same as he felt, overwhelming sadness in a wicked downpour now that the truth had been released. Yet while Gale didn't withhold the fact this bitter fight had deeply hurt him, Ricky had been a complete ass and done the exact opposite with a scornful glare he soon found regretful later. Once Gale had finally left out the door and likely went off the premises, Ricky had been left alone in the room he remained in still down on his knees. He wanted to scream and shout, to tell the one person he just hurt to return, yet at the same time he wanted nothing to do with the man now due to the amount of betrayal he felt today. Deep down he hurt inside and it felt like the pain from a freezing hot dagger pierced his chest from behind, while the very muscle itself pounded with aches and pains as it weighed heavy in his chest.

Come back or never return? He couldn't even make up his mind about it, he felt far too conflicted at this point, so finding the decision became even beyond impossible for him. Just what had he done? He had ruined something so valuable he cherished, he had lost himself the closest friend he'd ever had. At this point Ricky housed his face into the palms of his hands, and with further flustered growls he fell into another fit of sobs that soon followed. He didn't realize it at first but Telion had managed to slip out alone as Martin was left in the room, her arms placed around Ricky as she quietly knelt down next to him. She didn't need to say anything since she had practically heard it all, the only thing she could do at this point was cradle his head and try to bring any possible sense of ease to his mind. Yet nothing would work for now, not for a while at the very least.

Deep down in Ricky's heart he wanted Gale to come back, but the damage had already been done. Gale was completely gone... and whether he really would return remained highly uncertain.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Long Time No See

Postby Perplexity on March 19th, 2015, 6:01 pm

You have played well, but the game is at an end.

You have been bested. Beaten. Checkmate!

However, here is a consolation prize: a wealth of Experience and Lores! If you have any questions or concerns regarding this grade, please do not hesitate to send me a PM. I'll be more than happy to assist you!

Gale
XP
  • Planning | +1 EXP
    Storytelling | +2 EXP
    Philosophy | +2 EXP
    Intimidation | +1 EXP
LORES
  • Ricky: Marked by Priskil
    Ricky: Lost A Finger
    Ricky: The Journey To Syliras
    Ricky: A Furious Parting

Ricky