[Perplexity] Perp's Podium

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum contains a new feature for Mizahar - Videos and Vblogs! Feel free to post your Videos, vblogs, chats, and comments here. Find us on Youtube under WritersRPG!

Postby Perplexity on September 14th, 2014, 11:44 pm

In which I speak a little on where Zeltiva has come from and where I hope to take it.

I realize I never got back to Tranaris buuuut I'll talk about him in another video. Maybe. :)
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Neologism on September 15th, 2014, 12:09 am

We wouldn't be here if we wanted you to shutup. :P I literally just pulled my character out of Zeltiva for shenanigans elsewhere, but I do hope to be back! You sound like you have a ton planned for Zeltiva, and it looks like you basically have to turn everything around. But it's a necessity, because, like you said, Zeltiva is not really what it should be. The plans you have sound super exciting, and I can't wait to see you start to put them into the works! Good luck with it all, you really are going to kick it in the butt, and return Zeltiva back to its former glory. :D
Ivory Heart Zintila The Constellations The Shinya
Council of Radiance (WIP) Star Gazing Gazette
Neologism
AS of Lhavit, DS of Zeltiva

Words: 621787
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2014, 1:40 pm
Office
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Perplexity on February 13th, 2015, 12:22 am

Well howdy folks!

I think I'm going to jump on the Vlog wagon and make another one about Zeltiva. While I could ramble endlessly about absolutely nothing in particular I wouldn't mind having a bit of direction. So here's your chance! Pick my brain. Ask away. I look forward to seeing what questions you all might have.

-Perplexity

Perplexity

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Keene Ward on February 13th, 2015, 12:42 am

Hello yes, hello! I have some questions!

• I've noticed the College of Djed is exploded. Can I still use it in falshbacks?
  • Why did you blow up the Collge of Djed?
  • Is the Asylum still around, and if so, what is it's purpose? Is it a prison for mages?
  • Tell me about food in Zeltiva. I know it's sparse, but how sparse is sparse?
  • You have a bunch of players setting their sights on Zeltiva for the spring, how are you planning to manage all of them?
  • You're a pretty plotter, and plots to plant this coming spring? Anything you want to share or is it all hush hush?
  • On the University as it is now, could you explicitly go over what it offers? Maybe even outline what it /doesn't/ offer?
  • In terms of mercenaries, how do those work in Zeltiva? Are there private companies? Are they just part of the Wave Guard?
    On the Wave Guard, have you made any changes to it/going to make any changes to it?
  • And on government, I know there's a bit of political intrigue in your city. How would one go about gaining power? Alternatively, how would one get instated in an office, but not have power? Is that even possible to be a PC figurehead?
  • Also, law. I've heard Zeltiva is venturing into the department of civil justice! Any words on that and how that works?
  • I also see you've been updating the linkmap and even have a new map as well! How many more locations to you plan to revise/get rid of/create? Anything really interesting in the works?
  • What do you expect from players in Zeltiva? How can people go about being the "best they can be" in your opinion?
  • What would you like to see happen in the city this coming spring in terms of PC driven plots? Would you rather PCs plot alone or with you? Or are you open for either?
  • On the economic gap in Zeltiva: how much of a gap is it? Is there a middle class? How slummy are the slums? How rich are the rich?
  • What in Zeltiva can you absolutely not do? What are some of the things you'd be interested to see players strive for IC wise?
  • Are you planning on writing up more on Zeltiva's naval power? If so, what sort of direction are you thinking on taking that/if you're already doing it and I just haven't noticed, what are some of the changes you've made?
  • Back to magic: how does magic work in Zeltiva? What's the general consensus on magic?
  • I know you posted a "how Zeltivans feel about other races" post recently. Could you give us some roleplayed examples of how people might interact with the races? Could you give us some roleplayed examples of how people might interact with specific magics? (And by roleplay, I mean you. ;D)
  • Also, on magic again, where is the wilderwizard and how can I get him to initiate me into magic?
  • Finally, what are some of the things you love most about Zeltiva (and Zeltiva's progress) that you'd be down to share?

Lots of questions you don't have to answer. I'm really excited to see what you do in the coming season. Brace yourself, m'lord. A storm is coming.

:)
Keene Ward
Chilly Wizard

Words: 1279864
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2014, 2:16 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2014 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Fallon on February 13th, 2015, 1:29 am

Yaaaaay! Perky is doing a Vlog and needs questions!

• Because the question is doing the rounds: If a woodchuck could chuck wood, would a wood chuck chuck wood?
  • If you had to pick three unique things to the city of Zeltiva that makes it different to other cities, what would they be?
  • What drew you to Zeltiva? What have you learned about Zeltiva whilst your ST there?
  • What would you like to see more of in Zeltiva IC and/or OOC? On the other side, what would you like to see less of?
  • Cake or Pie?
  • Whilst I understand Zeltiva has several primary deities of worship which one would you say is the most dominant of them among the people?
  • Firstly, Sunberth or Sunbearth? Secondly, would the average 'Be(a)rther laugh at the attempts of the East Streeters being thugs, criminals and general cut throats or are they as bad as the people from the city of Anarchy?
  • What sort of things go on in East Street and that end? Is the law prevalent at all there or do they have their own moral coding and ruling different from the rest of the city?
  • What is the one thing most people in Zeltivan society try to ignore? What does the average Zeltivan despise?
  • Does Zeltiva have a dark secret?
  • Finally, and most importantly: Custard or ice cream?
See you next season Perplexity, we're coming for you.

-Fallon
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Perplexity on February 25th, 2015, 2:59 am

Sorry it took so long! Enjoy! All questions that I didn't get to in this video I'll try to get to another one at some point in time.

Perplexity

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Keene Ward on February 25th, 2015, 3:12 am

Yahs! All the questions from Keene! :D
Keene Ward
Chilly Wizard

Words: 1279864
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2014, 2:16 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2014 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Zandelia on March 1st, 2015, 10:38 pm

Very insightful video, and very well done on not letting slip any clues to the future whilst still letting people know what you want to see happening. I found it informative and well thought out.

Can't wait to see what your plans bear.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Perplexity on April 19th, 2015, 4:46 pm

*slides a video out of nowhere*

Perplexity

Office