March's Featured Character is...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Postby Traverse on March 1st, 2015, 4:52 pm

Hello Mizahar!

March's Featured Character selected as always by the Founders Circle and RSes was chosen for their fun engaging nature as a new PC on the Mizahar scene. Whether posting fiendishly on Aventis or illustrating fun facts about himself and his PC in Vblogs, this months winner has made a positive and immediate impact here in Mizahar, even if some of these things also made it a challenge for me to find good questions for this interview :). Without further ado, March's Featured PC: Aventis! Congratulations!

1. Some people make their PC's like them, some people endeavor to make their PC's as little like themselves as possible. What do you see as any similarities and or differences between you and Aventis?

See, now… This is something of a complicated answer. I don’t hide the fact that Aventis as a character is something of… Well, I suppose there’s no use sugarcoating it. Aventis is a string of mistakes connected by me trying to make them work. When I started this PC, he was the image of an internally tortured soul. Really. He was destined to be the mascara-clad singer of a teen boyband. He hid his gift that he was ashamed of under a heavy cloak that hid the burden of his broken face as he aimlessly wandered the streets of Syliras (it was late and I was tired. I didn’t know what to do, really XD). Fun, huh? Now I obviously fixed this up. Instead of said mascara-clad singer, I gave Aventis reason to be what he is. Or, made the reason more evident. As a result, Aventis can be described as a socially awkward little teenager because of previous pains and psychological issues and how he is the embodied result of the adverse effects. He’s a collection of what I believe are accurate descriptions of someone in his situation. Aventis is his trauma. Do I have this issue? Hope not. BUT! I digress.

Aventis is my attempt at making what I think the average person in Mizahar may look like, as I have stated. See… There’s a lot of people that are hurt, mentally or otherwise, as I have noticed, because Mizahar is a tough place. I wanted to take this concept and run with it. Out of that came Aventis. He is my vision of what that might look like.

I am not a tortured soul, for all I know. Aventis, on the other hand…

So, I don’t really know anyone like Aventis at all. So I modelled him after the closest thing I knew, which is me. But it goes without saying that I cannot make Aventis me because, simply put, I am not Aventis, and I already have one me. I don’t want two. So I, the writer, modelled his personality after me being upset. This is characterized, as I am told, by overwhelming apathy in the purest essence of the term. That is Aventis constantly, although perhaps not as malicious and a little more innocent. So… Aventis is not me. He has aspects of me, yes, but by choice. I hope that helped answer the question. c:

2. So Aventis's religious values focus around Sylir and Yahal. Do you see any other potential deities that could make their way into Aventis's inner circle of worship? Why or why not?

Well… Aventis follows Sylir via obligation of the knighthood and his moral compass. Aventis follows Yahal (or will) because of intriguement. He embodies what Aventis wants to be. He is… Honor. He is everything Aventis wishes he were. If he were to get into another god… Well, I don’t know. I honestly feel like he would be content with himself and his deities unless approached by a specific deity directly which, considering Aventis’ personality, seems a bit… Unlikely, you know? He, in my opinion, is not deserving a lot of deitous attention. Or, at least, as of yet. If he fixed himself and travels along the path I see him taking, it is wholly possible he may reach out to Priskil, depending, but otherwise… I’m not sure, but… To be frank, probably not.

3. Is there anything that just infuriates Aventis? If different what things just annoy him? Same question to you the writer of him ;)

Oh, my friend. The latter half of that question will take a novel to answer. However Aventis’ portion is relatively easy to answer. So I shall begin.

It’s a somewhat… Difficult task to infuriate Aventis at all. He, as a result of mostly being picked on and insulted as a child, has grown a second instinct to simply brush off the greater majority of all insults and just soldier on, taking most (if not all) malicious sentiment with a grain of salt. It takes a lot to make Aventis upset, but… A few individuals have done a half decent job at it. Insulting the little bit he prides himself on will do the trick, which is… Not much. At all. It is mainly his principle. If someone calls him out on his arms, for example, that’s like pulling the trigger on a gun and watching the small and accurate yet deep and painful damage. Insult the things he has dedicated himself to and you will see the damage. If you insult the knighthood or if you insult, say, Syliras, he will to the best he can to verbally gut you like a fish.

I, on the other hand, get ticked by a lot of things. But two things really peeve me. One! I hate, hate, HATE, when people eat food right next to me ostentatiously. I just… I mean c’mon, man! It’s not that hard to eat quietly. I learned it when I was two.

Two! I hate it when people insult my girlfriend. I know, I know. But, ah… I like her. A lot. It’s like someone walking up to the thing that you care most about and just spilling root beer on it “accidentally”. I just… Get so mad. But, I don’t think I should talk about this one much. Anyway. Next question!

4. Where do you see Aventis a year from now?

Realistically? Dead. As a doornail. But because I’ve grown fond of the sucker I’ll say… Well… The obvious answer is I hope he has reached Knight rank. That much is obvious. But… Other than that… I want Aventis to find himself, because right now he’s wandering around a furnished room with the lights off. I want him to either discover the room piece by piece or discover all of it with the lightswitch in a big, mind-altering flash. Something to either slowly estrange him from everything he’s known or destroy him completely in one fell swoop. ‘Cause… You know… Who doesn’t love breaking their PC?

5. Is there a scenario (however outlandish or banal) that you would love to see happen in Miz? Ebonstryfe v Syliran Knights, God battles, Talderan badgers?

I want to see Rhaus dance ragtime. I also want Saggy to put on Mizahar’s greatest sock puppet show. Oh, and for Rhysol to become a born-again Sylir follower. That’s always fun.

In true honesty, I very much want to see players, all players any players every player, do whatever motivates them and change the game thusly. I want to see powerhouses. I want to see tycoons. I want to see a player-established settlement. I want to see someone play tic-tac-toe with an Alvina. I want to see wonderful things that every solitary player is absolutely capable of doing. I want to see someone change something. And I want to see it again and again. That, personally, is what I strive for, and if there is anything at all I can possibly do to point someone in that direction (without being a hypocrite seeing as I have not yet accomplished my goal… Hint) I will do so eagerly. I feel as if a lot of players don’t realize that this world is for your character’s taking. Go revolutionize it.

6. If Aventis was thrown onto Earth in 2015, where would he be and what would he be doing (your choice if the arm thing is an issue or not :))?

Ah… He would be a freak that goes on talk shows every few days and never has to work a day in his life.

In all seriousness… Aventis in nearly any setting 2015 would get himself killed due to his lack of social, political, or common decency. If he were not in Syliras he would be another body in the streets. If he were so lucky as to survive himself, he would find himself struggling for support and a job, and most likely end up on the streets, completely alone and fighting each day to survive in the modern urban jungle.

… Oh hey. That’s not a bad short story.

7. In your time on Mizahar what do see as the site's greatest strengths and weaknesses?

YES.

I mean. Ahem. Thank you for asking this particular question. I’ll do my best to respond as honestly as possible.

I believe that the site’s greatest strength is its community effort to see the site improved. A lot changes, big or small, and it changes a lot without taking away from the overall atmosphere of the world (which I absolutely adore, and I’m sure many others do as well). The player base often supports itself with any or most opportunity it can. Or… It tries, seeing as we were all unfortunately not born into the post apocalyptic world of Mizahar and must tend to the character we did not have a choice in making. But the community, for the most part, is gracious and giving. Those that are not either do not last long or are compensated for by the members that are. If not a simple player of the site, the individual may apply to be staff, which is awesome. True, there currently are not a lot of staff members, but it’s still impressive that we have many… At all. I have been on a handful of sites before and the maximum amount of staff members I have seen, not on Miz, is five. Five! Usually not even the owner. The fact that we have so many willing people that are eager to help in contribute is baffling to me, let alone the fact that so many of them stay. That is… So impressive to me, and I want to give kudos to every single grader, WD developer, and ST that ever has or currently is assisting our community. You’re doing good.

The weakness, on the other hand, is blatant. We have a lot of helping hands, it’s true, but with the sheer amount of work to do all the helpers that pop in usually feel overwhelmed, as I understand. This reflects upon those who are eligible for these positions and I feel as if this is a big part of what is dissuading a lot of players from applying to be a storyteller. There is no way to fix this other than a couple brave players a month committing to the work load for more than a few weeks. This is a beautiful site, guys. Let’s keep it alive.

8. What is Aventis's favorite food? What is yours?

Glory, justice, and whatever is put in front of his face. Aventis grew up poor and abandoned by people in general. He was probably given whatever was in bulk, or what someone else didn’t particularly want. I like to imagine him as the runt of the litter. He took what he could because that’s all that was available. Food isn’t a big deal to him. Everyone gets fed in Syliras, and Aventis is no exception. I like to imagine he wouldn’t care much.

I, on the other hand, love food. With a passion. I was raised by a chef who taught me to love it. I love cooking. I love the tastes, the textures. I love making something from nothing. Granted, perhaps I am not as good at it as my father, but I still love it. It’s hard to pick a favorite, for sure. There are a lot of foods I enjoy - most, even. I’m the guy that goes to a restaurant featuring somewhat foreign food and immediately pick out the name I can’t understand and wait for the hot plate of I Don’t Know. But I can tell you what I hate. I cannot stomach omelettes. I hate cheese. I just… Ew.

9. What would Aventis do if he was given a million mizas?

Oh wow. Uh… Depends on the situation, really. If he had inherited it, he would buy what he needs (i.e. a horse, armor, weapons, maybe a pet, etc.) and donate the rest to Syliras. If he had gained it via discovery, probably the same thing. If he had just been given a million mizas just on the street, I have a vivid image of Aventis trying to peddle off his good fortune. He’s not the brightest and probably wouldn’t understand what’s happening and wouldn’t want any part of it. Heh.

10. Can you tell us a bit about the relationships Aventis has formed in his time here? Are there any that have really affected his character whether rivalry or friendship and how?

Actually a bunch of stuff. I’ve threaded with a lot of people over my time on this site and a long while ago I made a promise to myself never to have an insignificant thread. Every single one either develops my PC further or develops his skills. I will never ever have a thread that means nothing to the character. As such, I have found that a lot of characters wiggled their way straight into my character’s psyche. I’ve expressed that Aventis doesn’t have a lot of friends. Or, realistically, he has no friends whatsoever. As of now. The closest are those who have found a way to peeve him off or just find themselves near him constantly. So… I’ll do some name dropping.

I spoke earlier about some people knowing how to peeve Aventis right off and I spoke about exactly how to do that. One of these people is Sayana, the dancer/maid of Syliras. As a result of their encounter, Aventis has been unable to forget her. Other than the fact that Eypharians are something of a rarity, Sayana brought up a lot of things about Aventis and his mannerisms that he had not thought about, or had not had reason to think about. He, ah… He doesn’t much like Say.

There’s also Vanessa Lawson, who seems to find her way into a lot of my Aventis chatter. Vanessa is pretty IC. Or, at least, to Aventis she is. This attracted his attention. Vanessa, it seems, keeps popping up and has therefore become part of Aventis’ life. As well as a playground crush.

Finally, we have Archailist. Funny little feller. But Archy has been so close to Aventis so many times that Aventis has been forced to develop opinions on him. He’s probably the closest thing to a developed friend he has.

Each and every one of these relationships has made Aventis question himself and his beliefs. As I stated, not one thread is insignificant, thereby everything that comes out of it affects my PC, including other PCs. Also… Shoutout to everyone mentioned above and then some. EVery single threading partner I have ever had has made my PC what he is now. So thank you all.

11. As always this is the wondrous blank space for you to write what you will! Spotlight activate!

*Kneels in spotlight* Just a small town giiiirl~

Hi, fellas! I’m not quite sure what to say here other than thank youthank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you. The second I found out that our endlessly talented RSs had made the decision to pick me as the featured character for March, I truly understood what it meant to have my heart leap into my throat. I was quite sure I was having a vivid dream. Mizahar means a lot to me. I work on it a lot, I work hard on it, and I have grown to love it, as well as the others here that have helped integrate me into the community, which is all of you guys. Writing is a passion. Mizahar is a passion. You make a bad day better, and have made me smile more times than I can count. It’s not often that I have a lot of friends, because I often don’t feel as if I want or need them. But you guys… Man! I never want to stop talking to you. Mizahar is hands down the friendliest, most welcoming community (aside from father-avenging lone forest-wandering wolf Kelvics with tails in human form and heirloom katanas) that I can call myself a part of. From day one you welcomed me, showed me the ropes, and did all that not as a peer but as a friend as well. I love all of you dearly, no matter how much you push me around in Chat (*cough*HiremTimothyMered*cough*), which I don’t at all mind to be honest.

As a final tip of the hat, I want to thank Khida. I don’t know her too personally OOC, I don’t know her at all IC, but clearly do I remember her being the first one to show me how to do things, and I couldn’t of had a better mentor. She was the one that took me aside and showed me Mizahar, how to succeed in it. And I don’t think I will ever forget that. So, thank you Khida. You have given me something I’m not sure I can return, but I’m glad to call you my friend.

Thank you guys! I’m so happy to be one of you.

As always, happy writing.
-Dylan
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Gossamer on March 1st, 2015, 5:36 pm

Grats!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Khida on March 1st, 2015, 5:43 pm

Congrats, Aventis! A well-deserved award. :)

(And aw, thank you. As for returns -- just pay it forward!)
Spring threads: 2/5 .. | .. Season Goals .. | .. GradersMaxed skill: Observation.
Khida
Player

Words: 574944
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2012, 11:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Hirem on March 1st, 2015, 5:45 pm

Hell yes. Congrats, my friend.

My PCs:
Hirem
Hirem
The golden age is over.

Words: 615712
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2009, 3:50 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Postby Phaylix Whitevine on March 1st, 2015, 5:47 pm

YASS AVENTIS!!

But really, congrats!
MADNESS Is Hereditary

COMMON | VANI | SYMENOS | Thoughts
Phaylix Whitevine
MADNESS Is Hereditary

Words: 32937
Joined roleplay: December 26th, 2014, 4:46 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Estrellir Konrath on March 1st, 2015, 7:02 pm

Congratulations! This is very well deserved. I sincerely enjoy reading Aventis and watching your vlogs. Plus hilarious chat talk!
Estrellir Konrath
She Who Finds What Was Lost

Words: 338742
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2013, 8:24 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Orin Fenix on March 1st, 2015, 7:18 pm

Well done Venti! I'm so happy you got this, I think you've done some amazing things so far and I can't wait to see what else you end up doing.
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Altaira Readva on March 1st, 2015, 7:46 pm

Awesome interview! :D Congratulations man! The award is very well deserved!
Altaira Readva
I can wait.

Words: 279063
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2013, 6:39 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Xii on March 1st, 2015, 8:22 pm

Congratulations Venty! :)
Xii is using hypnotism
Xii is "speaking Common"
Xii is "speaking Pavi" and also signing Pavi Note
Signed Pavi can also be represented by a person's total body language; it doesn't have to be an actual hand sign.

Xii is demonstrating her internal emotions. Anything in plain, uncolored italics should be considered completely internal; for example, if it says that Xii is sneering she is only doing so in her mind, and the sneer would likely not show as a physical expression unless otherwise stated. This is a way for me, as her writer, to differentiate between her true feelings and what she outwardly shows the world. Note
If the italics thing feels too confusing to me after I've tried using it in some posts, I'll remove it.
Xii
Drykas-Zith

Words: 143088
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2015, 7:47 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Gyndarios Quickhand on March 1st, 2015, 9:01 pm

Hey, it's my rival! Congrats!
Gyndarios Quickhand
Player