Solo [S.W.I.] Lacing Up

Part 4 - Blackveil's Heart, the finale cometh!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[S.W.I.] Lacing Up

Postby Fallon on February 26th, 2015, 1:50 pm

9th Winter 514 AV

There was the weight of the glass ball as it passed from one hand, to the other - the gentle smacking of hardness upon flesh as she considered the information. The normally empty wall behind her was covered, faint scribbling and notes pinned to the surface, bold lettering and messy writing of an unsteady hand. It was interestingly along the cushion of both her hands that ink smeared both, a clear attempt of being ambidextrous with her writing - and instead failed for the most part. The writing with the left was more blocky because of it, the lines shaky and uneven, whilst barely spelling out the word. Passing the ball over she paused, the smallest lean forward as she contemplated the notes and what little she did know.

There was Duvil himself, the man who had hired her - and thus far the suggested information around him. It was not a random attack or chance of coin, it was something important and held meaning - suggesting the thieves knew its worth. Then there was the thieves themselves, the ratty George Hook and Assin the coward - whilst together they held some courage, apart they were easily broken men. One had pointed to the other, with some encouragement, and the other gave them another name and profession.

Fallon's eyes slid up to the other scrap of paper then, the scrawled letters of 'Bianca' catching her gaze. A lady of the night, a creature of pleasure giving. With a masked associate, the lady in the veil - someone who was obviously learned in the ways of writing. Lowering the glass ball to the desk, she turned in her chair - plucking up a letter of more elegant script up. It was not done by her hand, but it was signed neatly by a one 'Ms. D'. An enigma in its finest and giving her not much to work from, the only impression she really managed to garner from it was that there seemed to be an angry flick at the end of each word. It made her wonder on the exact temper of this Ms. D, and whether or not she should be someone to tangle with.

It was the grey area of being between a rock and a hard place in terms of deciding the next move. Not that she seemed to have much of a choice on the matter, the words gave a dance upon the page, leaving her to only rub her chin with thought and consideration on how to go about it. There was to be a trade off between the two women in the evening, though the question was then going to be where was it to occur? Leaning back in her chair she gave a pause of consideration then, her lips pursing into a line as she lowered the letter down. Of course, she could go and attempt to trail Bianca again, she was one half of the deal in her grasp.
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[S.W.I.] Lacing Up

Postby Fallon on March 1st, 2015, 8:08 pm

But that meant she would have to stay out of sight, away from the immediate trouble that could come. What would she do if she was recognised? Of better yet, how would she intervene? When would she strike if she did not know where she could potentially end up? Did she take the opportunity then? Or did she wait and continue to follow once the exchange had been made? Perhaps grab another set of eyes to help in such a movement - it would have to be a quick and fast exchange, pincer in and taking the supposed goods. Of course, the other option was work out the location of Blackveil's heart before hand - but did she have enough time, came the question shortly after. Fallon released a hum of thought, "Oh bother."

It was indeed a problem, and as Fallon pursed her lips to ponder over it did she lean back in her chair. Zandelia was busy, as was the Symestra. And Markus? Who knew where he was presently. She heard the sleep filled snort rumble out from Orvin at that point, tired eyes staring at her before he returned his head to the floor. Even her furry companion was in no immediate state in which to work - which left it just to her to deal with. There was a groan of annoyance released as she let the letter slap down back onto the table surface, her expression turning up into a scowl as she tried to pick out some form of plan. Until at last she decided there was indeed no other option before her that seemed at all reasonable. Sighing, Fallon pushed herself upwards and dragged herself out of the room. She would have to track Bianca to the meeting point and hope there was enough time to intervened.

Some effort was needed to pull on the layers and dress herself as inconspicuously as possible - because of that a majority of her armour was discarded, leaving only the wools and cottons clinging around her form. She shrugged the cloak around her, gloved hands patting the kukri at the base of her spine as she took one last look to the wall of notes. It was with a raise she pinned the letter from 'Ms. D' on the wall, before scrawling a note down on a random scrap of paper just in case one of the household came looking for her:

Gone to track Bianca. If not back by tomorrow evening, presume lying in gutter somewhere and in need of help.
-Red Wolf

With an approving nod she placed it down neatly on the desk and went on her way, closing up the buttons on her coat as she shrugged into the warmer layers. The outside world beckoned her and she had no choice but to answer it.
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

[S.W.I.] Lacing Up

Postby Fallon on March 3rd, 2015, 8:37 am

The walk to the brothel was both long and cold, her arms folding defensively beneath the thin cloak. Cheeks took on a pinkish hue, her lips pursing into a line as she stamped her way through the snow to her desired destination - the Scarlet Sanctum and all its gaudiness beckoned her and so as she hovered there at the entrance she wrested with the idea of actually entering or furthering her own chilled state outside. She never liked brothels, even when working or with an associate. She felt unclean, the scents and sensations forceful upon her ego. Too personal and exposed for her liking, it made her skin crawl even after her time spent with her own partner.

Sighing she allowed the want for warmth get the better of her. Her mind ticking over as she found her way in through the throngs of arms and perfumes, the sweet air clinging around her. She gave a nervous pull upon her collar, steps light as she slipped on through silent as possible, her eyes flickering back and forth as she nudged her way on through the bodies, hand gently pressing them away. The cold melted from her, jaw pinching back into life as she found herself collapsing into one of the chairs, and one of the small, purring voices of the harlot in her ears. She heard one of them come round, hand stroking around the top of her chair as he spoke to her, whispering within her ear, "And what would please you...?"

"Not you,"
came the response back, brow raising as she looked up upon the man hovering above. A pretty boy by the looks of things, torso bare and the tie stuck around his neck - it certainly left little to the imagination for some it seemed. Fallon pulled at the strings of her cloak then, getting herself comfortable as possible in the chair given the situation. She watched the fingers come closer to her exposed chin, but her own hand simply raised to brush them away - mind thinking and working through the behaviours or manners her own partner would adopt in such a situation. She let her lips curl into a sly expression, "I prefer much softer and more delicate things, though, I am sure you can find some equally if not more delicious piece in which to drape yourself over, no?"

She watched him blink then, obviously not used to rejection tickled the thought in her mind, "Are you sure?"
"I am very sure,"
she did not miss a beat, "But, that does not mean you cannot help me. I am requiring someone in particular for my personal tastes." She gave a flicker out across the room then, peeling her gaze away to look at her surroundings. It was quiet, she decided as she looked at the lacking bodies of others, was it because of the time of day, or was there something else all together? Evening would make sense to be a busier time than the early afternoon. Licking her lips, she turned her gaze back up to the man, "You can get me a drink, no? And... if she is here, I would like to ask for a dear Bianca's favour." A slither of white broke out from between her lips, "Think you can do that for me?"
"I don't think..."
"Then do be a dear and check for me. I know the Madame does not like disappointed customers after all."
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

[S.W.I.] Lacing Up

Postby Fallon on March 3rd, 2015, 8:36 pm

There was an obvious, awkward absence as the Harlot walked off, the almost curious and worried expression upon his countenance as he sauntered away and out of sight. No doubt to the back rooms in an attempt to garner the madam's attention, or to summon forth Bianca as she wished. And it was for a long few chimes that Fallon was left there alone and isolated, the stolen glances in her direction, the small hushed whispers catching in her ears. Who was she? Why had she called for Bianca? Wasn't she the Red Wolf? What was she up to? Had something happened? She raised a bemused eyebrow down to the table as she waited, practicing an element of patience. Inhale as she find herself slowly allowing the brothel grow comfortable upon her senses, though she still preferred the idea of dashing out into the street screaming. Instead, she let the tension twitch out of her in the form of heavy drumming upon the arm of the chair. And then the hot breath caressed her ear as the whore made her presence known.

"And how can I help you, my love?" purred the singsong voice in her ear. She gave a twitch then, skin already becoming aggravated by such simple closeness. Lips gave a twitch, a deep inhale as she composed herself and brought the mind forward into something much more workable and logical. Cooled efficiency as she glanced upwards to the woman who was slowly bringing herself around. Her hand gave a flick to the chair opposite her, the male harlot returning with some shining malt drink and placed it on the low table between. And it was across that Fallon's gaze fell upon the brunette Bianca and did not shift, "So pleased you are here. I was beginning to wonder if such a little creature had slipped off between the cracks?"

Her eyes narrowed down, watching the expression upon the woman's face. Nervousness, worry, there was a twitch of the hands, that flicker of impatience resting there. Perhaps that was why the drink was placed there, the attempt to get her finished and dealt with quickly as possible. In a rush? It seemed to be a likely option. She could see where the clothes had been pulled on and the makeup quickly applied around the eyes - padded and pushed too heavily. No, she did not want to be here, she wanted to be somewhere else.

"Am I keeping you?" Fallon purred back. Her hand reached forward then, taking up the glass . Fingers wrapped around it, dark gloves pressing against the edge. There was a flicker down to the thin, powdery residue that traced the edge. Her expression remained as neutral as possible then, but she slowly swirled the drink in her hold, "Another client requiring your attention?"
"Oh, no no,"
came the smile, quick words and an attempt to reinforce herself once more, "What would the lady like? How would she like me to serve?" She could feel those eyes burning at her hand, intently willing her almost to drink from it. Fallon did not, she only brought it closer and watched the woman struggle to reign herself back, "I can please many, and can do much... Wouldn't want you to leave here unsatisfied now, would we?"
"I'm not sure if you could satisfy me,"
Fallon raised the glass to her lips, a mere hairs width between them, and took a pretend sip. It was then that the whore seemed to become animated, slinking and sliding her way across, almost ignoring her words.

It was too quickly she closed into Fallon's space, a sharp inhale as her legs simply stiffened beneath. Her throat seized to operate, her eyes staring back as she found herself being straddled and a finger being placed beneath her chin. Bianca gave a small, utterance of a fake giggle, designed only to be a gentle spur on, "Is that a challenge? I'm sure I could please you... if you just let me?"
Fallon felt the hand upon her shoulder, that light push against it as she feigned an teasing tone. She did not care, in her eyes Fallon was little more than a troublesome customer. It was with Fallon's free hand that she reached up, finger caressing the cheek and then lightly holding the chin so she could meet those orbs, "If I just let you?"
"Oh, yes."
"Very well then,"
she caught the smile, the brightening of eyes as if she had caught a prize. The lean in, the hot breath, she knew the next target as was poised there above. It was in a low voice that Fallon purred, pausing those lips a mere breath apart, "Then tell me about Blackveil's heart."
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

[S.W.I.] Lacing Up

Postby Fallon on May 16th, 2015, 9:38 pm

Fallon could almost feel her stiffen the moment she breathed the name, fingers tensing in their hold. It was a telltale sign, that momentary blip of the self that looked almost to find an answer from an unexpected source. Lips pursed, the small pull back to look deeply with half slit eyes, the subtle chew of teeth as she tried to feel her way around the situation. The whore placed a finger beneath Fallon's chin, tilting it upwards while the other shifted to the shoulder. She paused, a blink and a feigned tone attempting a purr escaping, "I don't know what you're on abo-"
"Oh, I think you do,"
Fallon gave a lean back in her chair, fingers drumming lightly against the arm, "So, Bianca, dear Bianca, we can do this the easy way. Or the hard way. The choice however is up to you," She gave a tap upon the woman's nose, "So, how will be?"

"I don't-"
"Bianca,"
Fallon spoke then, voice turning firm. She held the chin, letting the woman consider her words, "I know you are involved in this. Don't deny it now. Your hands are a lot more dirtied than you realise, and yet here you are. It would be a shame if your involvement was revealed to your employer don't you think?"
"You wouldn't dar-"
"Oh, I would,"
Her eyes darkened, "So, I'll ask you again, tell me about Blackveil's Heart." She could see the woman squirm, the beginnings of arching away and pulling back. Fallon raised only an eyebrow, "Something on your mind?"
"No, I just..."
"Take your time."
"I didn't know it would be..."
She looked sheepish, nervous as she continued her finger tracing, "I don't know what... I just..." Shifting, Bianca began to try and move away, eyes darting, "I didn't mean for any trouble, I could just..."

Fallon sighed, "Where is it? Do you know where it is?"
"Where it is...?"
She watched Bianca turn her gaze away, a brief snatching towards the door that lead up to the upper floors, before snatching her gaze back to Fallon. Attentive, she gave a lean back in, pressing and nuzzling against her neck. The briefest flash of teeth made the Inspector's skin tingle, the sensation sending a shot of repulsion writhing within - just a bit longer, she just had to keep the charade up for a few more moments. Her own fingers gave a nervous twitch then, the distinct feeling of disgust settling upon her lips and tongue. It was the whisper however that she focused her attention on, "I know where it is," a pause, a hum of consideration, "I have it safe in my room. I could go and get it for you. If you wait. I'll only just be a few moments."
"Wait?"
Fallon closed her eyes then, focusing on the darkness and the words - block the sensation for the meanwhile, "I cannot wait."
"I'd only be a chime or two."
"I will follow you."

Another pause, she heard the voice purr within her ear, "You don't have to-"
"Oh, but I want to. Because I don't trust you Bianca. So, deal with,"
Another pause, she almost seemed to be considering her response, how to react and work upon the situation before her. It was noticeable, painfully so, "Do you have a problem with that?"
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

[S.W.I.] Lacing Up

Postby Fallon on May 16th, 2015, 9:39 pm

It was with a reluctant sigh that Bianca pulled away, a feigned pout gracing her lips and the eyes peering down at her, "If it pleases you. Then I cannot object," The hand shifted, hovering above Fallon's own before giving a teasing pull upon the fingers, "Come. It is just upstairs, not far at all." The inspector allowed herself to be pulled, rising up out of the chair. The smile, the flicker of the eyes as the moment of discomfort took her insides and squeezed them tightly. Her nostrils gave a flare as she was lead through the bodies, the brief flickering of glances silently judging and placing down their prejudices - or trying to find a way to exploit the situation. Wood groaned, the tugging against her hand leading her forth, the other holding onto the edge of her cloak as if it would protect her from the world that looked to ensnare her.

It was the corridors that she shifted, following Bianca now, the loud groans and slithering whines whispering beneath. Bianca gave only a smile, pressing against the door to her room. Hand graced the handle, and Fallon simply watched expectantly as the woman opened it and dipped into the darkness of the room beyond. For the moment there was silence from within, the audible sounds of beyond merely serving as a backdrop. There was the faint grinding of materials, the scrape of wood surfaces and drawing of fabric as the singsong voice drifted out, "You can come in you know. Don't leave me waiting."
"Right, right,"
Fallon sighed, her form dipping slightly as she eased her way in. Just beyond she caught the faint shape of the whore moving, rummaging it seemed before at last turning, with a narrow wooden box held close to her breast, "Is that Blackveil's Heart?"
"Inside? The one and only,"
came the response. Fallon's eyes blinked, attempting to rapidly adjust to the darkness of the room, the casual steps quickening almost as Fallon took a pause by the foot board of the bed. Her gaze however only flickered towards the shadows, the window open a gap to leave a chilling feeling within the room and the streak of light slipping between.

And then it hit her. She barely turned to look upon Bianca as she did, the crunch of wood cracking against the side of her temple, the box she held so closely being struck hard. Numbness plastered against the side of her face, the unexpected force sending her toppling against the bed. Cold slipped in, eyes blinking as the black swum, a gasp of surprise as the thundering footsteps of Bianca sounded out - escaping the room and thundering down the steps. She barely managed to grapple up to her feet, hearing the shout of an excuse as the woman made way. It was with a grunt that Fallon pried herself up, head spinning, the pain shooting in and smothering. She heard the door slam, her body lurching as she tried to shake off the sensation. She shook her head, hand bracing feeling her way across, staggering she noticed as she tried to bring herself round to the window. The shadow of her target paused, twisting to look back before she continued her running.
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

[S.W.I.] Lacing Up

Postby Fallon on May 16th, 2015, 9:40 pm

"Petching," Fallon hissed, and slid her fingers underneath the gap in the window. She could hardly gather her thoughts beyond simply making chase now, her head blurred as she lifted the worn wood of the window up. A grunt escaped, the blast of cold air in her face proving to be sobering as she peered on out through the gap. She saw the started look of Bianca look back at her, box still clutched to her, the cloak covering her form and what she wore beneath with ease. A flash of fear, she staggered and scrabbled away as Fallon pushed the window open further. There was no time, she had to act and act now.

Perhaps it was the blow that caused her to not thinks as clearly as before - she did not truly consider it, just the simple thought of making chase and sobering up as quickly as possible. Through the gap, Fallon braced as she pulled herself out, looking down to the storey high gap between her and the ground. She swung her leg over and out then, arms straining as she forced herself into a strained lean. Fingers grappled on the ledge, her form gingerly easing itself down. Toes strained against the wall, tendons stretching as she continued the easing down, knees brushing against the wall. She caught a glimpse of Bianca turning right, and with nothing left to loose Fallon let herself drop. Knees creased from the impact, form slumping forward as she gave a growl. Cold seeped in, a staggered lurch as she shook the aching feeling off and pushed herself to make chase.

Air filled the lungs, the sharp turn to the right the footsteps marked out in the snow. Faster, she had to be quicker and steady, catch her before it was far too late and she slipped out of sight - or worse notified others of this. The laboured breathing caught her attention ahead, a skid around the corner as she focused on making speed. The narrow street greeted her, she caught the glimmer of Bianca as she ducked across it, the panicked look in response. Fallon released a shout, "Give it up Bianca, make this easy for me!" She kept up the steady pace, hearing the crashing as the woman began to scrabble through, pulling what was to hand between them both. Muscles gave a twitch, the push to the side as Fallon kept up her chase. It was with the final lunge however, that Fallon gave a sprint to tackle the woman to the floor.

Bianca shrieked, her entire form trembling as the women ensured their wrestling against the ground. She swiped the box at her again, a flinch of recoil as Fallon fought for dominance in the situation, doing her best to try and ignore the pleas for mercy. Hands grasped the wrists and held them above the woman, the box knocked out of the others grip in the midst of the struggling.
"Bianca, listen to me," Fallon spoke sharply, her tone firm. Her teeth gritted as she struggled beneath, the inspector releasing her own grunt as she spoke, "I am not your enemy. Nor do I want to be. Just give me Blackveil's Heart, and I'll return it to its rightful owner. Understand?"
"Petching little,"
She swiped her nails, causing a sharp jerk back, "Don't you understand what this means? Don-"
"I understand that I have a client who wants his belongings back, and that I've been hired to do it. This is a fight you cannot win,"
She burned her gaze then, "So, what will it be then Bianca?"
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

[S.W.I.] Lacing Up

Postby Fallon on May 16th, 2015, 9:41 pm

There was silence for the longest while, the begrudging as her target was forced to weigh up her options and decide upon the next course of action. What should she do? What was the better pick? Surrender herself to what was to come with resistance or give up and return to normality? Fallon however kept her level stare, eyes burning as she refused to let them lift. It was only slowly that the inspector felt the tensed wrists relax, the eyes avert away from her and give beneath the hold, until at last tight lips spoke, "Fine, have it your way."

Leaning back and away, the woman allowed Fallon to rise their attention shifting to the box. It was a small, plain wooden thing, barely the size her notebook or a glove box she reasoned. Dragging herself up through the snow, her palm peeling away to press against her temple. It was on her knees she moved, the streaked shadows and lights giving her enough to work with. Gloved finger tips grasped and pulled it closer, a stooped stagger as she rose up onto her feet and swayed upon the spot. It was with a few uneasy steps away, her form turning back to face the rising Bianca. Her finger traced along the edge of the box, her eyes flickering back and forth as she found the cracking of the hinged lid - curiosity serving as a drive to know what was in.

For a moment her features stilled, falling from that of exhaustion downwards into one of blankness. Bianca was brushing the snow from her cloak, huddling into it while giving only venomous looks to Fallon. It was not returned, a low hum of a voice slithering out back to her, "I did give you opportunity. This is your own undoing for not cooperating straight away."
The gaze remained fixed, looking into the dark contents of the box, a gentle tipping to study the inside and what was within. Smooth, and darker than the night itself, the object shone with an odd lustre as Duvil had described. But it was softer than she imagined, curving and lighter in weight too. The blank face changed to confusion, concern following shortly after. The gaze darted to Bianca, brow raising as she nodded her head into the contents of the box. It was with a huff that the whore gave a nod. She felt her cheeks begin to flush, prickling across her skin in red blotches. Her throat constricted, skin crawling as she gave a more nervous dart this time. It was slowly that Fallon's voice released a croak, "This is it? This is Blackveil's Heart?"
"It is indeed. Surprised?"
Fallon's lips twitched, opening and closing as she struggled to piece together thought into something logical. No, it had to be a trick, it had to be a mistake even. But it was Bianca's steeling gaze that made her loose that doubt quickly. Duvil had called it a weapon, and it was indeed - a blackmail weapon and he wanted it to prevent damage against him. It made sense. But it did not stop the thoughts from swirling around at this revelation. And when it finally did come to her, it came as a loud exclamation that echoed through the streets of Sunberth.

"It's silken underwear!?"
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

[S.W.I.] Lacing Up

Postby Sayana on July 7th, 2015, 4:34 pm

Fallon

Skills:
Skill EXP
Intelligence +5
Investigation +5
Planning +2
Tactics +1
Writing +1
Stealth +1
Persuasion +3
Intimidation +1
Acting +2
Seduction +1
Interrogation +1
Endurance +2
Acrobatics +1
Climbing +1
Tracking +1
Running +1
Wrestling +1

Lores:
  • Intelligence: Subtle cues from the way a letter is written
  • Planning: Back up plan
  • Socialization: A smooth rejection
  • Acting: Pretending to drink
  • Acting: Hiding personal disgust
  • Bianca: Prostitute at the Scarlet Sanctum
  • Acrobatics: Jumping from a second storey window
  • The truth of Blackveil's Heart
  • Interrogation: Watching someone's response to determine if they know something

Comments :
Great thread. I love the detail you put into it. The ending was quite cute too.

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request in the grade request thread.

If you have any questions or concerns about your grade please feel free to send me a message (like really, I’m all ears if you feel like I missed something).

Enjoy.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)