[The Sanctuary] Bulletin Board and Mail Thread

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Riverfall's Stables and Animal Healing Center

Moderator: Kavala

Postby Kavala on November 12th, 2012, 4:40 pm

Welcome to The Sanctuary Bulletin Board!

Posted here are the IC notices of The Sanctuary. These notices can be from staff to staff or from Kavala to the staff. These can be simple invites to outings such as "I'm going on a picnic at Semele Park. Anyone willing to join me meet me there at the tenth bell on this date." These can also be missives from Kavala to the staff. Or these can be small notes saying where someone has gone. This thread can also be used for incoming mail to The Sanctuary as well. Both important notices and simple IC notes left to each other can be posted here. Make sure you keep this thread subscribed and read it frequently.

Please included thread links on invites.
Please include Timestamps on all notices.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[The Sanctuary] Bulleton Board and Mail Thread

Postby Kavala on November 12th, 2012, 4:49 pm

Notice: The Sanctuary Going Into Lockdown.

As per Ronan's Arrival on the 68th of Fall, word has come to us that The Sea of Grass is heavily infested with a fever that is killing its residents. There is no known cure and very little is understood about this disease. I want to Lockdown The Sanctuary until further notice since this disease may be linked to the Zeltiva disease Elem Bree has announced hearing word of thirty days ago. If these two are connected we may be dealing with a pandemic of large proportions. This may be an overreaction, but it is best to err on the side of caution.

The Lockdown will happen starting the 80th. This will give us several days to gather our herds, foodstuffs and medications for the duration, and prepare special isolation chambers in case anyone grows ill. I believe we have time before the illness reaches the city of Riverfall to prepare. Word will be sent to The Council as well warning them of the news we hold.

Anyone let into The Sanctuary after the 75th must remain here for the duration of the lockdown and must be checked for disease before being allowed contact with the denizens.

Any questions see Kavala.
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Vanator on November 17th, 2012, 3:03 pm

I will be on travel beginning on the 62nd of Fall. I plan on being gone only a tenday. Please feel free to access the armory and training equipment as needed and direct any questions to Kavala.

-Vanator
Vanator
There is fire shut up in my bones.

Words: 940033
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Kavala on December 3rd, 2012, 9:13 pm

The Sanctuary will be on Lockdown from 80th of Fall to 30th of Winter. Once Riverfall locks down, I will feel relaxed enough get special permission for only the Sanctuary folks to come and go as they wish so long as they don't have any outside contact so we can do city events as well after the 30th.

So basically we're stuck inside until the 30th of Winter. :)
Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Matthew on February 10th, 2015, 12:42 am

In response to the topic found here...

43rd of Summer, 508 AV.
Mura, Konti Isle.

The envelope would be delivered in the pristine condition it had been sealed, a small droplet of wax making sure the contents remained secure. It was labeled to Kavala and addressed with her temporary staying quarters in Mura. Upon opening the document, the young Konti woman would find a single piece of folded paper with painfully neat script upon it that she would probably immediately recognize.

Kavala,

I apologize for my lack of response to your heartfelt question during our time at the Deepwater Hole. With the research I have done, I have found that this was most likely a very intimate and special thing for you to ask me. I was confused at first, and I understand if you took my hesitation and deep thought as insult. I will certainly understand if you do not accept this apology. Whatever the case, I still wanted to extend my own heartfelt apology for the way I acted that day. Under no circumstances was I myself offended or hurt by your words, however. I was merely uncomprehending at the time, but have since then done the required amount of reading within the Konti libraries so that I could fully understand and appropriately respond to your question.

If the offer is still available, I would be proud to become an adopted Denusk. It would be my honor to take my place as an adopted son within your pavilion. The next time we meet, please bring any required adoption forms and I will dutifully sign them. If the offer has passed, I understand, and regret that I missed out on such a chance.

Dearest Regards,
-Matthew

The letter was in reference to their day before, spent with the miniature seahorses that Matthew had found for them. His letter could certianly be taken even more offensively than his previous silence, if interpreted that way. At the same time, an obvious amount of painstaking research had gone into writing the letter. As horribly awkward as the words sounded, Matthew had done his best to understand what was being offered and pay it the proper respects. Sure, his idea of proper respects was a painstakingly formal letter that took the idea of 'adoption' in the most literal way possible, but no doubt the Konti had come to expect such things from the odd young human student.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Matthew on March 19th, 2015, 10:25 pm

69th of Summer, 508 AV.
Mura, Konti Isle.

A small wrapped package would be delivered to the doorstep of Kavala's temporary quarters in Mura, wrapped in paper and tied with simple string.

Within the package was a medium-sized bottle, corked and filled with sand. However, the sand contained objects that were pressed against the sides of the glass in difference places, making them easy to make out. The sand was mostly there to hold the objects in place, though it also served as a symbol of the Konti Isle beaches. The objects within would probably be easily recognized by the Konti. They were small souvenirs from the few days they had spent together. There were the hand-written notes that Matthew had first jotted down when he met her, plastered against one whole side of the bottle. There was a single flower from a stalk of Aletrid, oyster shells that had been used in a stew, a small splinter of wood that had been used for a fire, a tiny seahorse skeleton and a light blue seashell that had been chosen by Seth's children. They had demanded that they be allowed something.

Then there was a lock of Matthew's hair. It was perhaps the creepiest part, or could at least be taken that way. She had learned enough about the young student to know how incapable he was of understanding romance. Instead, his logical mind had calculated that it was best to include a piece of himself within the memento, and a lock of hair was probably the way that made the most sense. He certainly couldn't chop off a fingertip and include that.

A handwritten note was included, short and to the point, written in Matthew's elegant script.

Kavala,

I am not sure what the appropriate ritual is for the parting of friends, but I do understand that there is usually some sort of farewell. Since I am not able to give an official goodbye, I thought it might be appropriate to create a memento of our activities and gift it to you. Be sure to keep the cork tight to preserve the contents. I wish you well.

Dearest Regards,
-Matthew
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)