Character Collages & Seasons - Some Tools

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Gossamer on March 31st, 2015, 12:54 am

Character Collages and Seasons

So my galpals on a Zyla site discovered this link to help find their seasons and work out color collages. I won't get into how fantastic Zyla is and who he is for that matter... if your curious maybe its a discussion for another time. And you don't have to use Zyla, you could use any season system out there. Some examples of Color Seasonal Analysis are Zyla, Color Me Beautiful, Sci-Art, etc.

However, in a fit of boredom being too tired to post, I worked on Kavala's colors and came up with her being an Iridescent Summer in Zyla's world. Then this wonderful website helped me gather a collage to display this. You might want to try it. It's a reverse image search engine and it also has the capability to match color in a fantastic way. Check it out.

http://labs.tineye.com/color/

You upload your character's image, then let the search engine pick some colors, and then once you select the colors you think are fitting, you can mix, match, or go all one scheme and run with it from there. Once you have the images, you must build the collage by hand. Here's what I came up with after image searches and putting a collage together in PS. You could use any collage making software (there's tons on the net), Paint, Gimp, or anything.

IRIDESCENT SUMMER
David Zyla's Color My Style

Iridescent Summer Archetype: The Mysterious Mermaid.  

Celebrities: Leelee Sobieski, Meryl Streep, Uma Thurman.  

Motto: “I can help you make your dreams come true.”

Secret Superpower: From throwing an elaborate surprise party to creating a gift basket for a neighbor in the hospital, the Mysterious Mermaid makes lovely things happen in an effortless, almost magical way. You might almost suspect her of getting up early in the morning or slipping away after bedtime to accomplish all her extra tasks, as though she has a whole other life that no one else is privy to....

Kryptonite: People who don’t believe in possibility and dreams. The Mysterious Mermaid will stop at nothing to help a friend fulfill her heart’s desire, but she can’t bear to be around people who have given up on all of life’s wonderful possibilities.   Nature Image: Bluebells or lily of the valley—anything small, delicate, elfin.  

Artists: Rosalba Carriera and some of the brighter works of Georges Seurat.  

Charming Contrasts: Dress the Mysterious Mermaid in low-contrast shades that blend together from head to toe. Think water-colored ombré effects or a top and bottom in contrasting tones of the same color, with a long scarf that has both colors in it, set off by some iridescent silver, of course!

Fabulous Fabrics: Iridescent chiffon, pearlized leather, crewel knit, delicately embroidered calf—again, this mysterious creature does best in translucent, shimmery fabrics.  

Signature Scents: White narcissus, or anything crisp and delicate. Careful, though—white linen is too crisp.

Must-Haves: This Mysterious Mermaid needs clothes as mysterious and shimmery as her signature coloring. She favors a leather asymmetrical jacket with an iridescent luster, slim stretch jeans, a beaded tunic-style blouse, a seamed chiffon corkscrew-style skirt, and a sari-inspired gown: delicate, lustrous, dreamy, and magical. The Iridescent Summer is almost fairylike, and her colors should always be light, dusky, and translucent, like gossamer wings. Just think of the way flowers, leaves, and branches look on a dewy summer morning. Her clothes need to be flowy and uninterrupted. She looks terrific in a long scarf, which lengthens her silhouette and maintains her magical flow. The Mysterious Mermaid would look terrific in jewelry or accessories made of art glass. A raincoat made of pearlized canvas is fantastic for her as well. The Mysterious Mermaid looks fabulous in ballet flats, but she should never wear heavy-soled boots, which weigh down this light and airy creature.  

Must-Avoids: Any outfit comprised of too many lines, such as a short jacket with a blouse peeking out or trousers tucked into tall boots. Such a silhouette is too jagged and severe for our Mysterious Mermaid, who needs to be swathed in gently flowing garments. The Iridescent Summer should make sure to pass on taffeta ball gowns and patch pockets. Though taffeta has a luster that suits this type, the stiff noisy effect contrasts unpleasantly with her role as a herder or shepherdess to those around her. The swish of taffeta seems harsh and abrasive on her . . . and the sheep would be easily frightened by it! Patch pockets, meanwhile, not only interrupt the Iridescent Summer’s fluid head-to-toe silhouette but somehow suggest that she has hidden secrets. Nothing could be more incorrect for this type. She is straightforward, light-handed, and what you see is exactly what you get: She may not reveal everything about herself on a first date, but I guarantee that on Date Five you will still find her as captivating as on Date One and have found that your first impression was entirely accurate!  

Personality and Spirit: The Iridescent Summer has a magical eldritch quality—her Archetype might be equally the Mermaid, the Fairy, or the Sprite. You’ll know her by her marvelous light laugh, which never fails to inspire laughter among everyone within earshot. She has the rare ability to listen to a loved one’s problems, understand fully and deeply, and then do everything in her power to put the other person in the line of possibility. She never directly scolds or even instructs, but only inspires and supports in her nonjudgmental way. She never offers help for her own satisfaction but only in a truly selfless way. Despite her willingness to inspire, though, she feels awkward being asked a direct question; the Mysterious Mermaid always prefers the oblique route. Though the Iridescent Summer definitely adores her downtime, she’s willing to put quite a few hours in to helping her friends, neighbors, and colleagues. She has the gift of being able to corral a group together, but gently, never in a forceful way.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Rosela on March 31st, 2015, 4:30 pm

Definitely spent way, way, way too much time on this. But I've never collaged before, so it was fun :)

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Yra on March 31st, 2015, 8:38 pm

I went through and did one, and found the process really fun! Due to my image choice, the collage came out very wintery.

Yra
there are no strings on me.

Words: 66902
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2014, 3:32 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Khara on April 1st, 2015, 1:32 am

Definitely a fun way to kill some time. Not entiiireeelly happy with how I positioned everything but I'm notorious for fussing with something to death so decided to let it be. Very cool image search function, though! Now I just need to avoid the urge to make more.

Image Image Image
Khara
Lost Little Sparrow

Words: 660741
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2014, 6:17 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gossamer on April 1st, 2015, 4:50 am

These are all so gorgeous!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Achenar on April 9th, 2015, 8:08 pm

I saw this and was excited to do it someday because I thought it would be fun. Well I had an opportunity to unwind and found this very relaxing. So here's mine:

Not perfect, but I'm happy with it!
Achenar
Everybody lies

Words: 128093
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2015, 5:20 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Postby Firenze on November 21st, 2015, 5:33 am

I stumbled upon this post and love everyones collages! I tried my best to create one :) Thanks for the awesome idea!

Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Imellion on February 28th, 2016, 9:07 pm

Just came back and now y'all have me doing this stuff.

Avatar and post template by Avarice, Sig by Aydel
Threads: 2/3
Imellion
Player

Words: 62148
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2014, 4:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Chrysa on March 25th, 2016, 5:47 pm