Closed [World's End Grotto] Three's a Crowd (Aider, Kaie)

An interestingly-planned welcome quickly derails.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[World's End Grotto] Three's a Crowd (Aider, Kaie)

Postby Aider Silander on April 11th, 2015, 12:12 am

Aider's eyes continued to be trained on the ground. Kaie's words ripped at his flesh and any barrier he managed to place around his heart and pride. He hadn't been there for any of the events except for the last. He had slipped off to help break the ice, fearing that he would be no use in the fight. The man remained quiet the name she had called him echoing in his ears. A name for the home that he had given up in order to stay within the city. The place that he had forsaken just so he could spend a few moments with the Myrian. He did not move nor react to any words she had spat at him knowing that it was all true. The man spent all his time trying to catch up to the woman that he should have never had never met to begin with.

After a few chimes of remaining motionless other then the rise and fall of his chest. His mind traced back through all the major events in his life. Frustration casing his face as he realized that there was very little that didn't have to deal with the Myrian. Remembering the times they met in the woods, the dangers that she alone possessed to him at that moment in time and the excitement that they brought to him. The night they met again in the graveyard and the moment that he decided not to run, to not be afraid for his own life but to care for hers as well. He looked at Kaie for a few ticks and bit down hard on his inner cheek, a warm liquid trickled onto his tongue. The salty flavor that Aider had gotten used to while in Sunberth. His eyes returned to Matthews, his eyes shrouded with his true feelings as he looked at the man.
"No" he said slowly, letting the two letters roll off his tongue.

His eyes read the labels on the jars before he shook his head again. His fingers traced around the edges of the scars that had slowly taken over his body. Most could only been seen if one looked closes enough. Aider looked up at Kaie as she agreed to Matthews request. He turned his head to look at her, before moving his entire body to face her. He stayed with his arms at his side, no sign of aggression or defense. He simply stood there and stared towards her.

"You should let him change your bandages" he suggested. Her words continued to echo in his head as he went through them all. He did not know that two of them had even happened, she had never told him and he had never asked. Nykian the word burned in his chest. He wondered if he had been born anywhere else if that would have made a difference with Kaie. His eyes turned back towards the man who was not from Nyka and the relationship they seemed to share. He sighed and stepped past Matthew and sunk into the water letting his body sink down to his shoulders. He closed his eyes and licked the inside of his cheek. 'Weak that's all you are and that's all you ever will be. You should run while you still have a chance before you lead yourself to your death because of her.

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander
She has my heart on the end of her blade.

Words: 170163
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2013, 4:03 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Matthew on April 11th, 2015, 3:45 am

What was the best move in this situation? Should he try and help in some way? He could feel sensation bubbling beneath his stomach, but the Harlot found it impossible to put a name to the sensation. There was no use looking to it for guidance. His logic was probably the best bet, once again, but he felt that it was possible he would instead make things worse if he attempted to help. Was there anything to help, really? It was their relationship, not his.

It was this particular train of thought that Matthew paused on and examined a bit more closely. Why did he care? What had triggered an automatic desire to fix the problem? Was it sympathy for Aider? Concern for Kaie? Something else entirely? Once again, Matthew found that he had no idea.

Looking up, Matthew was able to lay his eyes on the results of the emotional argument. Aider's head was bowed, Kaie's back straight and fists clenched. Matthew's words seemed to deflate some of the energy out of her though, some of the tension leaving the air as she merely moved the subject on towards the topic of taking the bath they had originally came for. When Aider suggested that Matthew be the one to change the bandages, he blinked and glanced back towards the man, then back towards Kaie. His lips parted as if to speak, held that shape for a single tick, then slowly closed. Continuing to glance back and forth between Myrian and Nykian, Matthew plucked the skin cream from his collection of cosmetics and carefully applied some to his fingertips. Recalling that Kaie had asked him a question, he looked up at her and opened his lips to give another one of those calm and stoic responses.

Then paused, something flickering in his stare. For a few ticks longer he just sat there, staring at her, almost completely unreadable. Almost. There was something there. The Harlot was struggling with something. Struggling with what to say, something that was quite rare but seemingly becoming more and more common. His eyes held hers for a moment, something inside of his blue hues asking her to help him understand. It was perhaps the first time his unique way of processing the world around him was a handicap.

No, it was perhaps the first time that he felt the weight of the handicap. He was hindered and flawed, discovering a moment where logic entirely and utterly failed him and he was left helplessly reaching to understand the multiple emotions that were now flowing through Kaie, Aider, and even him.

He slowly glanced to Aider, staring at the man as he sat motionless in the water. A tick passed and he turned the stare back at Kaie, still not having answered her question, merely searching her stare as if he would randomly understand something there that would lead him to the answers. Aider had closed his eyes. He could no longer search them. He was very nearly out of options. Letting his breath out through thinly parted lips, Matthew spoke lowly, quietly, only for Kaie to hear.

"Is this a part of the answer you gave to the question I asked right after our spar in Sunberth?"

It wasn't bitter, or a harsh verbal assault designed to make her think about how she was acting. Matthew, not knowing what to do, had reverted back to the simplest way of trying to understand the world around him. By asking someone who lived in it.

Now speaking loud enough so both of his companions could hear, he suddenly shook his head at Kaie's question. "You may not take a bath. That wound should not be allowed to get wet. Moisture leads to infection." He lifted his fingertips to his face, slowly rubbing in the skin cream, refusing to move his eyes from Kaie. Instead, he slowly stood, slowly unfolded his glistening body to raise to his full height, never looking away for even a second. "You will need someone to bathe you." She refused to be seen as weak and now he was saying she couldn't even bathe herself. He knew this could go very wrong. Don't look away. Don't move. Don't say a word. Let him decide, on his own free will. His eyes glittered at her, trying to communicate with her somehow. "You need to be cleaned, but the wound needs to remain dry. Please remove your bandages and sit on the edge of the bath." His eyes were roaring now. There was a spark that was incredibly alien, incredibly out of place in the stare of the normally calm Harlot. Don't even blink, Myrian. "Aider, I would still like to show you how this is to be done. However, if you insist, I will do it myself." Kaie would find that Matthew was not blinking either. He was waiting for Aider to decide, and demanding that she wait as well. There was an edge to his voice, though. Kaie wasn't the sole focus of his bubbling irritation.

There was also frustration in his unblinking stare. A glimmer of annoyance at something about the entire situation. Only if she refused to receive proper medical care would she find that somehow, someway, she had finally poked something very deeply buried inside of the Harlot. It would only be then that his voice would immediately growl out, body tensing and muscles coiling as he spoke with actual passion. Spurred by what? Even Matthew didn't know. "It wasn't a request, Myrian. You can abandon your stubborn pride or I will break your stubborn pride with my own two hands, and then I will bathe you."

The most incredible thing was, if it actually reached this point, Matthew was horrifyingly serious about his threat. In some surreal version of reality, the apathetic Harlot would somehow warp into a being that was ready to speak to a Myrian in the only language he was knew they would understand. Violence.
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kaie on April 11th, 2015, 5:13 am

The defeat in Aider's entirety was plain to see. The stubborn, proud Myrian had finally gotten what she'd subconsciously wanted all along: to express some sort of violence. Gone were the days of clutching the railings, hanging over the side of the ship to vomit. Gone were the endless spans of just sitting there slumped against the base of a mast, body too weak to do much more than cross from one side of the deck to the other. It was not with a blade she'd found purchase, but sharp words. She wanted her pain inflicted upon a thug, a slaver, a gang member. Zeltiva had none of these figures at the ready for her upon arrival. There had only been Aider, and Aider had struck a nerve. Guilt bubbled up in her stomach. He did not deserve that.

Like the idiot she was, Kaie stood there and watched the Harlot apply his skin cream. She waited. She waited. She waited, and it never came, that undeniable logic from the man. He always had a knack for helping those around him bound by emotional response see the so-called light. She raised her brow at the man, questioning him. She could see it in the way his lips parted but no words came out, see it in the lost stare of blue eyes. Only his whisper made his cluelessness clearer to the woman.

"Yes. This is exactly that," she confirmed lowly with a nod of her head. She folded her bronze arms across her torso again. Lesson one: moisture leads to infection, she noted internally. If I'm going to be shoved along for this shyke, I ought to learn something from it. The information she could handle. Further pressing the issue that set her off in the first place made her bitter again. Maybe he was right to say something inside her had been tainted by her recent plights. Whatever it was, it had hardened her. Matthew was smart enough to pin point just what it was that she was struggling for. With that in mind, it was bewildering to her he would take it all that one step further. Am I now incapable of holding a petching sponge and dabbing at my own flesh?

Something in his stare made it seem as though he had some kind of plan. She rolled her eyes. In a chime she'd made her way to stand at the edge of the bath. Fingers clawed at the edge of the bandage, unknotting the knot, and unwrapping the cloth. There was a tick she stared upward, pressing her lips together when the tissue of her wound clung to the cloth. She fixed that with a swift tug. The cotton fell beside her. A prominent laceration characterized one of her lower ribs. It seemed to have run between two, but not deep enough to where it had plunged into her abdominal cavity where her organs were. Signs of healing were evident. Nonetheless, it was still a brutal thing to behold.

"Or you could just let me do it." The moment the words were out of her mouth, she was surprised to see the alien fury enter Matthew's gaze. The monotone was gone. The smoothed over pleasantries were dropped. The man had sunk to meet her savage level, and suddenly it had quickly escalated into a threat. The flames whipped about, embers flying into her claws hands with a strange heat. Blood rushed to her head, fed her arms, her legs. And the Myrian begrudgingly sat upon the bath side, feet dangling into the steamy spring-fed water.

"The two of you are killing me. Happy now? Petch it. Let's get this over with."

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Aider Silander on April 13th, 2015, 1:54 am

The water felt good on Aider's skin, the dirt and grime from the salty air of the ocean leaving his skin. His eyes remained closed as he focused on himself, churning over the details of everything that was said. He enjoyed the few moments of silence that were shared between the three, wondering how the future would be with the three of them sharing a room. He wondered if there would be moments of silence like the one there was now. One that would allow him to think upon himself without worrying about juggling the other things that were going on. He continued to relax as the two conversed. His mind sorting through the details of what Kaie said and how she said it. He looked up towards the ceiling opening his eyes as he fought with the thoughts of anger in himself.

He turned his head towards the two when Matthew called out his name. His eyes returning to the same state they were before, the same warm eyes that Kaie had seen every time they met in the woods. He rolled over and stepped towards Kaie as she sat at the edge of the bath. His eyes slowly tracing up her long, toned legs and to her waist then her face. He cleared his throat and looked at Matthew.
"Right, I will see how it is done. But I am sure Kaie will be capable of washing herself. Plus she can learn from this as well."

He turned his eyes back towards Kaie. His eyes quiet and warm without the hint of anger and annoyance that he showed earlier, nor a sign of defeat. The water splashed at his hips from his movements before. He stood close enough to her that she could reach out and touch him but far enough away so she didn't feel like he was going to make an attempt to trap her in or bend her to his will. He looked towards Matthew and said"After you"He still did not know if he could even trust the harlot or if Matthew had any alternative plan but for now he would just go with it. He had faith in the few skills that he had to spot any trouble coming from the man he had just met. He did not know what he was capable of nor anything else other then his name and profession. He knew nothing of the mans past, his time spent in Sunberth or his personality.

The only thing that Aider did know is that Matthew seemed to hide his emotions, or maybe that Aider just couldn't read them. He sighed and looked back towards Kaie, non of that mattered right now. All that was important to him was to rest and prepare to strengthen himself. Zeltiva was not his end game plan and he was almost certain that it wasn't Kaie's ether. Though maybe that would change in the coming seasons, Aider had no way of knowing without asking her directly. His eyes met hers trying to connect anything to their recent outburst of anger and frustrations.

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Matthew on April 13th, 2015, 5:13 pm

It was if the blood pumping through his veins had suddenly decided to boil. Heat surged through him like a roaring flame. It had been a sudden change, the ice in his mind somehow transmuting into a crimson fire within the blink of an eye. It threatened to consume him. It warped him, making him want nothing more than to lunge at Kaie with reckless abandon.

Surprisingly, it was the Myrian who took a step back from the petty argument and gave in to the desires of the enraged Harlot. When Aider called out to Matthew, agreeing to his wishes, it was like a bucket of water had suddenly been dumped onto the searing heat that flowed through him. The handsome face of the Harlot was wiped clean within a mere tick, going back to that same passive and distant expression that he most commonly wore. Aider did not fuel the fire. In this moment, that was a good thing. His presence and his voice was what pulled the man back to a much more rational world. Nodding at him, Matthew went to a small bucket that sat in the corner of the private room and pulled out a small hand towel and a sponge.

"She certainly can bathe herself, but it is very hard to get yourself completely and utterly clean when you have to dampen every inch of the flesh by hand. With the added requirement of keeping a very specific area dry, this task becomes nearly impossible." Grabbing a bar of soap, Matthew approached the spring of water and then slowly slid in, careful not to splash the liquid onto the seated Myrian. Glancing up at her, Matthew massaged the bar of soap between two hands, dipping it into the water to dampen his slender digits and produce a healthy number of bubbly suds. "I apologize for threatening you. It was rude of me. I was-" He paused, brow knitting, actually not exactly sure why he had been so stirred. It had been very reckless of him. The only way he would actually be able to match the Myrian in combat was if he used his magic. What a petty use that would have been. Why had all of this mattered so much? His head throbbed, a jolt of pain in his temple causing Matthew to shiver briefly.

Then he merely continued on, as if he hadn't ever paused in the first place.

"First, you clean all of the areas except the area that the wound is located on." Placing the sponge on Kaie's leg so that she could assist in this part of the process, Matthew began to use his soft hands to massage and rub both soap and water into her bronzed flesh. He was focused and professional about the matter, actually having more experience being about two lovers than most people seemed to think. He understood that there was a line that he should not cross, out of respect for the male half of the relationship. His hands did not linger nor did they approach any private areas, allowing Kaie to handle those herself. His touch was still a firm massage, but only so that each patch of flesh was properly scrubbed. While normally his eyes would have appreciated the physical specimen of Myrian beauty before him, this time they stayed locked on his own two hands as they worked. He was not a jealous man himself, but he understood that certain things could invoke feelings of jealousy in others. He was not sure if Aider was that type of man, but he took precautions nonetheless.

After she was soaped and scrubbed, the Harlot moved to her front. "Spread your knees slightly, please. This is the part that requires a team effort." If Aider wasn't going to do it, Matthew wasn't going to hesitate to do it himself. Keeping his eyes focused on his work, Matthew moved his hips inbetween her knees, putting him directly in front of the Myrian female. Grabbing the small towel he had left at the side of the spring, he held it to her side, keeping it firmly in place right above the wicked-looking wound. "Someone will need to hold this here. When she rinses soap and grime from her body, it is very likely that water will stream down this side. The person that is caring for her will need to make sure none of that water touches the wound. Kaie, go ahead and rinse, with small handfuls at a time. When you do your hair, pull it to the side that is not wounded. If you need me to move, just let me know."

His voice had returned to that soft, well-pronounced tone. Blue eyes glanced up at Aider and Kaie, studying them in turn. "Do both of you understand the process so far? I know it is a lot of extra effort, but it is best to be safe now than suffer a festering wound later."
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kaie on April 14th, 2015, 12:46 am

She couldn't decide whether or not Aider's immediate surface forgiveness was infuriating or not. Already had the warmth in his eyes returned, no longer holding that obvious hurt or upset she'd seen chimes ago. Instead he did a complete turn around despite her words. It felt too easy. "See?" she exhibited Aider's loyalty with a gesture of her hand toward him for Matthew, when he pointed out she could in fact wash herself. She watched Matthew's expression, watching the sudden burst of something within him calm when the other two in his midst made choices toward de-escalation. Then he was the same Matthew all over again. She watched the Harlot slide into the bath and approach herself and Aider. Out of habit, she appraised the man for a moment, and continued to study him further when he began to apologize.

"Angry? Frustrated?" This time it wasn't outright mockery. There was no satisfaction in her voice, no gain visibly detected when she once more used his own words. There was only a bit of surprise, the threat of a knowing smile twitching at the corners of her lips. A look that almost asked, now are you starting to see? The concern was buried. A previous conversation bubbled forth in her mind. Kaie pressed the issue no further. Instead she was content to stay still and watch the suds wash over her bronze skin. It was nice to feel the film of sea salt melting from her flesh. She took the sponge and followed the man's lead, creating small circles about herself to leave only purified skin behind. She tended to her personal areas, feigning complete comfort in the situation she'd been thrust into. She'd lost the battle of autonomy long ago.

His next instruction caused her eyes to snap up from her task. It wasn't that the direction was unorthodox coming from the professional, pragmatic harlot. It was more so that Aider was, well, right there. And Matthew's skin was bare. You feel like getting your head taken off again for protesting? Slowly she shook her head and murmured some words in Myrian to herself. The Myrian allowed the Harlot between her knees. Amber stare fell very focused upon her work suddenly.
"All seems very easy." she gathered her hair upon the opposite shoulder. It was on the free shoulder she started scrubbing again, worked down and around her arm, and then proceeded to her torso when someone had held the towel in place. Then she dropped the sponge beside her, and did as she was told. Small handfuls of water were scooped and dumped over the suds. Eventually, the tanned skin was free of filth once more.

"Keep the wound dry. Work around it. Got it," Kaie confirmed before she gestured politely for the Harlot and Aider to back up. Once they had, she spun around and laid down so her hair dipped into the bath. Fingers wove through the strands, massaging away any build up. The necessary steps were taken before she rose up again and turned back to face them. The hair was carefully placed over the shoulder opposite her wound, and rung out. Legs swung gently in the warm bath water. "Thank you both. I can do this now on my own I think. I hope you two can respect that."

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aider Silander on April 15th, 2015, 12:32 am

Aider looked at the man, what he said was true and there was no arguing that. Aider shrugged and looked back towards Kaie and watched the Harlot and Myrian clean her. The man from Nykian felt like an odd man out. Between watching a man he didn't know touch the skin of his lover and the little defense that Kaie seemed to put up to it. He wondered if it had to do with Matthews little outburst or if there was another reason for it. Ether way the man had very little to do but bottle up his feelings and stand there in the water.

He listened to Matthews instructions to Kaie. He seemed to be avoiding touching Kaie in any part that would make Aider uncomfortable. Aider bit his tongue and slid under the water for a few ticks before resurfacing and wiping the water away from his face. Trying to clear his head of any ill thoughts he had, until he looked back towards his lover and saw Matthew slide between her knees.

Another churning in his stomach caused Aider to look away while it was happening. Part of him wanted to wrap his arm around Matthews neck and drown him in the very water that they stood in and another wanted to bash his skull into the stone floor that surrounded the bath. It was an odd feeling from the man. He had experienced jealousy before but not to this level. He had never though of himself as one who wished to take a life out of personal gain. The graveyard was based on the survival and one that he cared about. This situation was different, the man was just assisting Kaie and Aider wanted to wrap his hand around his throat. He took a step back and unclinched the fist that had been clinched very tightly.

He wanted to speak out but he held his tongue. Nether wanting to face another outburst from Kaie nor did he want to give himself more of a reason to attack Matthew. I need to get away for a bit. To relax and regain my head. This is nothing. He is nothing.... or is he. The words ran through Aider's mind as he finally turned back towards the two, trying to mask his true feelings the best he could.
"If she want's to take a bath is she suppose to come find one of us? That seems a little... outrageous to be honest."He said finally speaking up after remaining silent for quiet a while.

Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Matthew on April 15th, 2015, 1:19 am

Respect? The Harlot backed up as requested, but there was a strange light to his eye. His body had once again grown oddly stiff, head tilting very slowly to the side to peer at Kaie in a clinical sort of way. When Aider spoke next Matthew's head slowly swiveled, blue stare studying him in turn. The Harlot paused, took a deep breath and closed his eyes, feeling the heat pulse up within him. He just needed to get a handle on it. He just needed to ride the wave and maintain control, and everything would be fine. Breath in. Breath out. Breath in. Breath out. Dump ice over the heat and let it cool.

"So let me get this straight."

The heat swelled beyond the ice.

"On one hand we have the strong Myrian. The one who has killed Dhani, fought alongside the Scars and proved her strength in a multitude of other ways." Matthew spun, sloshing through the water, somehow managing to move gracefully even against the resistance of the steaming liquid around him, heading toward the edge of the hot springs. Stepping from it, water streamed down the length of his tanned figure, cascading down onto the stone floor in a multitude of shimmering puddles. Practically stomping over to where a collection of folded towels sat, the Harlot began to violently dry himself head to toe, speaking around the cotton in muffled shouts. "And somehow, somehow, you think proper medical procedure makes you weak? You can't let someone hold a petching sponge for you? You aren't weak, you are just stubborn!" The Harlot flung down the towel in a bundle on the floor, reaching for a nearby sponge. Grabbing two of them in his hands, his glare only intensified, blue eyes flashing. "I swear to Tanroa, if I see any sign of infection on that damned wound, I'll tie you to the petching bed and slowly drizzle wine over it until it is nice and petching clean!"

He spun towards Aider now, all of his words coming one after the other. This time, it wasn't as enraged as the last. While last time had been passionate fury, this time was like a child throwing a tantrum. "And on the other hand, you. You want to know what is outrageous? You would rather let someone else bandage your naked lover than get over yourself and do it with your own damn two hands! I've totally had it with both of you tonight!"

Then, if the display wasn't already incredible enough, Matthew actually flung the sponges he had grabbed, one at Kaie and one at Aider. "Why can't both of you just shut the petch up and actually act like lovers? My god. Kaie, he doesn't want to bathe you because you are weak, he wants to bathe you so he can either A; touch your naked wet body, or B; show love and intimacy. Are you damned dense, woman? Aider, can't you realize that she doesn't want you to bow to her every whim? She needs an equal!" Yanking on his pants, Matthew spun and stomped out the door, completely forgetting his other articles of clothing.

"I've scheduled dinner for us at sundown. If you both aren't right on petching time and actually acting like two fully functioning mature adults..." He paused in the doorway, turning his head halfway around to fix them both with a threatening blue eye. "...I'll petching find you."

And with that he was gone, childish fury coming and going like a hurricane.
Last edited by Matthew on June 25th, 2015, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kaie on April 15th, 2015, 2:00 am

There was only one thing running through the Myrian's head before the world blew up in her face: I petched right up.

Aider's detachment grew despite his agreement with her final statement. The Harlot on the other hand? Steam rushed through the room, and it wasn't coming from the hot springs. There was a fire in the man's eyes she hadn't seen before, something she only saw glances of since they'd reunited. She could hear the strain in his voice before the single flame turned into a forest fire. Kaie watched Matthew rip himself gracefully from the water, naked body shimmering with droplets and steam. His motions were rushed. Anger was screamed in each of his steps when there was a pause in his words. There was nothing she could do but stare at him, brow raised, eyes wide as he continued his tirade. Part of her couldn't help but rush through the smart-ass comments that ran through her mind. Now that he mentioned it, wine sounded pretty damn good right about then. The other part of her cringed at the idea. It wouldn't have been the first time she'd experienced the burn of alcohol upon her wounded flesh, causing her to muffle her shouts by biting down on something.

The Myrian couldn't help but look from one man to the next. Lips parted to say something, anything, but the shock of Matthew's unbridled fury shocked her silent. Never once had she seen such a burst from the man before. No sadness, no true anger, not love, nor happiness. His monotone world was quickly melting before his very eyes. She wondered if she was the only one between the two of them who was seeing it. The Myrian remained seated, legs still dipped within the hot water. The tension in the room made her want to leap from her skin. Never once had she seen Aider lash out at anyone, not even her. Then again, she'd never seen anyone so directly confront the Nykian before.

I merely meant I wasn't always going to be in a position where help would be available to me, so I might as well learn by doing, and figure out how to manage on my own. How she wished she had more clearly voiced those thoughts. Yet the man was already shouting about dinner plans and throwing out threats, and thus, there was hardly any point in elongating his tantrum. So she sat there and waited it out like a tired parent, awestruck at the turn of events themselves. When the man had finally vanished from the room, leaving the two troubled lovers to themselves, the Myrian turned her head expressionless toward the Nykian.

"Well...I think that went rather well, don't you?" She pushed herself to her feet and found a towel for herself. After thoroughly drying herself off and finding her clothes, she looked back toward Aider. "You can leave with me now or enjoy the rest of your bath. Just...make sure you're back on time. I've never seen him go out and find anyone, and I don't plan on learning exactly what that looks like tonight. Besides, why spoil the mood right?" And with that the bronze, wounded warrior carefully clothed herself and threw her cloak hood up. Then she too exited. For all the horrors endured by the trio that day, it was certainly time she found peace in a blood offering to Myri.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Orin Fenix on July 2nd, 2015, 2:07 pm

Grades are Served

Matthew
Skill XP
Planning 5
Organization 2
Endurance 1
Rhetoric 5
Negotiation 3
Persuasion 5
Medicine 4
Leadership 2
Land Navigation 1
Auristics 1
Investigation 1
Intelligence 1
Intimidation 3
Interrogation 2
Teaching 2
Cosmetology 1
Cleaning 2

Lores
  • Kaie: Returning to Zeltiva
  • Socialization: Difference between personal and professional relationships
  • Planning: Using Treavery to Keep Track of Time
  • Aider: Kaie's New Lover
  • Aider: Not Very Assertive
  • Socialization: Giving Gifts
  • Aider: From Nyka
  • Nyka is in the north
  • Nyka sounds like a fun place to visit
  • No place to call home
  • Auristics: Determing the Source of Tension
  • Auristics: Aider's Aura
  • Medicine: Diagnosing wounds with Auristics
  • Medicine: Watching for Infection
  • Medicine: Moisture Breeds Infection
  • Emotions are Tricky Things
  • The Heat of Anger
  • Kaie: Stubborn as a Mule
Extras :
Please deduct 5cm for the rooster, 50gm for the gold necklace, 10 gm for the leather armor, and 5gm for the private bath, totaled at 65gm, 5cm. In addition, we discussed the rental of the room at the World's End Grotto and it will be added to your seasonal expenses. Finally, please remove one Balicani tooth as it has been added to the necklace. Matthew will also have the scratch on his face for five days.

Now that the technicalities are out of the way, wow, this was a brilliant thread. It was funny, it was heartwarming, and I couldn't stop reading. Seeing Matthew trying to deal with emotions that he obviously hadn't ever really felt before was so fascinating. And his impatience with Kaie and Aider was brilliant. He's such an interesting character and I'm glad I got to learn more about him.

Kaie
Skill XP
Endurance 3
Disguise 2
Intimidation 2
Land Navigation 2
Interrogation 2
Investigation 1
Socialization 4
Rhetoric 3
Persuasion 3
Negotiation 2
Deception 2
Medicine 3
Cleaning 1

Lores
  • Aider: Mentally Scarred by the Scars
  • Disguise: Wearing a Hood
  • Intimidation: Using a Spear
  • Matthew: Hasn't Changed a Bit
  • Matthew: An Awkward Reunion
  • Socialization: Using Humor to Diffuse a Situation
  • Myri: An Appropriate Sacrifice
  • Matthew: Last Name is Wayne, Named After the Bay
  • Myrians are feared
  • Aider: Is He Pulling Away?
  • Aider: What good is he anyway?
  • Medicine: Moisture Leads to Infection
  • Matthew: Uncharacteristic Show of Anger
Extras :
Please add one dead rooster to your CS.

It was so great to see Kaie struggling to deal with the two men in her life. I felt so badly for her trapped in that completely crazy situation. You did a wonderful job of having her do her best to navigate both her old and new relationship.

Aider
Skill XP
Medicine 4
Observation 5
Socialization 5
Land Navigation 1
Tactics 2
Planning 2
Rhetoric 4
Storytelling 1
Endurance 1
Negotiation 2
Persuasion 3
Intimidation 1
Cleaning 2

Lores
  • Kaie: Proud Lover
  • Tactics: Watching for Threats
  • Zeltiva is much more civilized than Sunberth
  • Matthew: Kaie's Former Lover
  • Matthew: A Kind Man, and an Unemotional One
  • Matthew Wayne: Born in Zeltiva
  • Nyka: Never Been Back
  • Kaie: A Stronger Person than I
  • Kaie: Terrible Patient
  • Intimidation: Using the Height Advantage
  • Kaie: She's everything to me, but does she need me?
  • Matthew: A Source of Jealousy
Extras :
Well that was awkward! In the very best way possible. Aider is such a complicated character and I'm so happy I got to see him trying to figure out where he fits in the world and where his relationship with Kaie is going. Can't wait to see where it ends up!

Don't forget to edit or delete your grade request in the grade request thread.

If you have any questions or concerns about your grade please feel free to send me a message.
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)