Closed A New Day, A New Life

Pulren goes to Rick's house to talk Priskil.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

A New Day, A New Life

Postby Pulren Marsh on April 6th, 2015, 5:27 am

54th of Spring, AV 515

Unlike every morning before, when Pulren awoke that day, it was with purpose. His heart was light and the entire day was overflowing with possibilities. After stretching and dressing, he took a look at his home. He was grateful for it and would never take it for granted. The small dove was cooing at him from the headboard of the bed. Smiling, he waved, saying," Good morning. I'm going to have to think of a name for you. I'll find you something to live in and some food today. Promise." He thought about opening the window, but knew he would be leaving and there was still the suspicion that the bird might fly away. Why would it, though? It was a gift and was trained. He would have to learn how they were trained so that he could treat his friend with respect.

In the meantime, he went out and filled a bucket with water, pouring cold into the basin for the bird so it could bathe and drink if it liked. Dressed in his Sunberthian attire, meaning his leather pants and black linen shirt, he locked up the house and headed out, a destination in mind. He had heard from the other guards when he asked, that Rick and his family had taken up residence at a large, if rough looking, house. As it was also in the Old Quarter, he wasn't far at all. What he had seen was a veritable palace in his opinion. Spending half a year in Sunberth will generally make everything else on Mizahar look nice.

Walking up to the front door, he laughed as he witnessed the bell. "A bell. Fancy." Reaching out, he rang it a few times, putting his hands in his pockets and looking up at the few clouds that dotted the blue sky. The air was still cool, especially in shade. Spring was there, the stale heat of Summer still far enough away. Closing his eyes, Pulren smiled, happy to feel so light and hopeful. He hoped the sensation would never go away.The sound of the door broke his concentration, turning him on his heel to greet a Maze.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

A New Day, A New Life

Postby Ricky Maze on April 22nd, 2015, 4:34 am

Whether it had been due to the late visit of both Laviku and Priskil and their presence has just left the city warmer, or today just felt like one of them good days to be had when things couldn't possibly be wrong, things were rather quiet in a scary yet nice sort of way that felt really rather welcome. Yes. At this point Ricky believed that something big was bound to happen but when he thought about it, that big thing already happened when Zeltiva had been graced with the visit of not one but two divine entities! Still the more he lingered on it the more he felt that out of all this good, something bad was only waiting to reveal itself sooner or later. He knew all too well from experience that generally the good is followed by the bad, yet given the hardships Zeltiva faced altogether could it be something in reverse? Only time would tell in the coming future, and so he decided the answer would be as it is; it all remains to be seen. Granted de only t'ing t' keep me busy d'is mornin' was fishin' an' Martin, Oi guess its only natural Oi finally feel at a loss. He reasoned with himself while he softly bit his thumb in thought, the journal of his father still rested on the desk before him as he remained partially slouched in his chair.

What am Oi gonna do wit' dis place? It's gonna take a lot t' build it up, make it look more like a real home instead a house we live in. He sighed as he leaned back into the seat, his eyes brought to the ceiling as the chair seemed to squeak underneath his weight. He had to figure things out for himself on so many different levels; the house, the journal, his stress, and of course the secrets he's kept hidden away. Telion knows he hasn't been sharing his problematic thoughts, but thankfully she's been understanding and lax enough to not bother him about it. Which meant he was either getting good at hiding the fact these problems burdened him so much, or that she was getting good at pretending not to notice because she wanted little conflict to follow. He would've liked to pick the former, however the latter seemed far more reasonable in the grim reality of the situation. What am Oi gonna do? He could sit down and talk with her, but he didn't feel ready for that just yet.

So much had happened and it all happened rather too quickly, to think that now he'd finally had all the time he needed; just to sort everything out. He needed direction. More than anything he needed to find it in himself, to be able to look back at everything and realize the truth behind it all. Thanks to yesterday he now had everything in order, all the answers and all the missing pieces slowly started to fill. What exactly did that mean? In truth he believed it a way of coming to terms, accepting that what he believed didn't make what he wanted true. Reality and fantasy were only that of the same coin, and it had been time he'd flipped the side, to gamble with the truth before him. Oi've a lot t' consider, granted Oi've got a few 'ideas' o' my own. He concluded just before the sound of the doorbell rang, its echoes were just barely loud enough to cut through the sea of thoughts he'd swam in. "Oi've got de door love!" He called out to the floor above them, hopeful that she might be able to hear through whatever cracks existed in the stone.

Once he had quickly raised himself out the chair, he made a quick stride through the dining area, and then into the common area where the entrance to the building resided. There he found himself opening the door to greet the face of the young Guardsmen Pulren, a young man he'd come to appreciate having around once more. He looked... different now. Lighter than before now that yesterday had passed, as if the encounter with Priskil had lifted an enormous weight off his shoulders. "Welcome lad, good t' see ya!" He greeted with a hearty grin and a big but short hug, he still kept an arm wrapped around Pulren's shoulders, in a manner to shepherd the boy into his abode. "Come in, come in! Not often we git visitor's now." He enthused as he allowed his guest in first, once they were both in the door way Ricky would take a seat on one of the benches in the middle of the room. "What can Oi do fer ya lad?" He offered with a friendly grin as he would watch Pulren, hopeful the guard would make himself at home.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A New Day, A New Life

Postby Pulren Marsh on April 24th, 2015, 3:03 am

Pulren didn't have to wait long before the Sarge made his way to the door and welcomed in the fatherly manner that he had come to expect from the senior Guardsman. Where once he would have pulled away from the hug and the arm around him as they entered, now he felt the genuine manner that had brought it on. Following him into the stately manor, he found it sparsely furnished, though this was no surprise to Pulren, considering that even having such a great home was probably very expensive. Besides, the Sarge didn't seem like a very material guy, as he had pointed out the faults of the love of material things when he had helped Pulren move in to his own home.

There were two benches in the middle of the room and Rick took a seat on one, welcoming Pulren into his home and being a good host, like he was at most other things. Feeling abuzz with camaraderie, the younger man took a seat across from his senior, his face showing something that didn't brush it often prior. He was practically glowing with happiness. "Sarge, thanks for inviting me into your home. It's really big!" He laughed out loud, but in a genuine way. It really was something else to Pulren. "Anyway, I saw you at the dovecote and wanted to ask you about the lady and what She meant to you. I wasn't really surprised to see you there, but She touched me in a way that really helped that inner flame I mentioned glow. I want to know everything about Her that you will share. I want to help Her as She has helped me. My life has changed so much in a simple turning of Syna!"

He wiped the sweat of anticipation from his face, still smiling. He felt giddy, like he was floating on a cloud. "I'm sorry if I am coming on too strong here, Sarge, but when I saw you there with Her, I knew you were the one to ask. I knew you would tell me everything I could learn about Her." Pulren had never felt so driven, so focused before. No training exercise, no fight, no tactical battle plan had ever had his complete attention the way Priskil had.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

A New Day, A New Life

Postby Ricky Maze on May 3rd, 2015, 5:03 am

There had been a bit of warmth felt inside from the genuine brotherhood that Ricky somehow felt in welcoming Pulren, in truth he came to think that things like the Wave Guard wasn't even necessary for that sort of kinship to form. Pulren had after all shared blood and fight with Ricky back in last year's spring, when events got out of hand with the breakout of the asylum. Now of course the two had their own paths to follow but somehow they hadn't fully connected, not yet anyways, just remained entwined with one another as they pursued their own ideals. Though Ricky felt that as well as much else was going to change, very soon in fact since yesterday had impacted their lives. With the guardsman welcomed in and seated, the compliment of a big home felt hearty enough to stir some mirth into the room. Both Pulren and Ricky seemed to share a bit of laughter, before the father added in his own response to such a compliment.

"Aye! It's pretty damn huge, dunno how long it'll take afore Oi fill it entirely!" He mused with another short laugh to follow, from there he pretty much held a warm grin towards his guest, while Pulren expressed the intention of his visit with earnest. It had brought a good amount of enjoyment in Ricky to see someone so enthused, so deeply influenced by something that had the same kind of impact on his as well. "Priskil eh? Ye wanna know all Oi can share eh?" He rubbed his chin with his right index finger for a moment, eyes shot to the ceiling as he thought as to where he should begin. "Well lad Oi can honestly tell ya, she's touched me as deeply as she's touched yew." Then came the moment Pulren apologized for the eagerness, his worry that the excitement he presented being overwhelming only brought another chuckle out of Ricky. "It's alright lad, Oi can only imagine how fascinatin' she must be. Eyris knows she did a huge impact on me when Oi first met 'er."

When he said that he hinted to the mark on the back of his right hand, something which he didn't necessarily try to hide nowadays. It more or less served as a reminder of what he'd been given really, a personal quest handed down to him from the Lady of radiance her self. Though he had yet to fully take on such a quest he'd started to grow more accustomed to the idea here lately, and with the trip to see the Goddess a day past things were certainly bound to change drastically now. "Priskil's Her name if ya didn't know already lad, but from what Oi know she's the very embodiment of our deepest hopes an' wishes. D'at inner fire ye felt ignite yesterday, d'at was Her power already at work de moment ye met Her." He then held his hand up with palm open towards the ceiling, eyes focused on the space above his hand as he focused. Upon whim he generated a sphere of light that flashed to life, the burst of radiance small as it held form for a short while.

"She's de Goddess o' Radiance an' Hope, an' in our darkest times she's t'ere. She reminds us d'at every long stormy night will end, an' d'at a bright an' wondrous dawn will follow. From what Oi know 'bout Her gift t'ough, it not only illuminates de area but gives de user as well t'ose who look into it hope. An' where t'ere is hope t'ere is courage, a will t' carry on no matter how hard de task." He finished as the light finally faded out and his hand fell onto his lap, he watched Pulren intently as he tried to observe what emotions seemed present. He wondered about the boy and while he felt happy to share what he knew, he honestly hadn't a clue where else to lead in the discussion. "Anyt'in else ye would like t' know?"
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A New Day, A New Life

Postby Pulren Marsh on May 25th, 2015, 4:54 am

Sitting on the bench across from his superior, it was relaxing and calming to have a regular talk with him. In this case, in his house, they were just two young men. Ranks were outside, short of the respect Pulren had for the man.His immediate explosion of emotion and excitement was beginning to ebb as he listened to Rick talk about Priskil and Her impact on his own life. Then he did something at first peculiar and then amazing. Showing what had to be Her mark on his hand, he seemed to focus his palm in the direction of the open air above him.

Them there was light. The living embodiment of the Goddess. What other proof could someone need? The Goddess of Radiance and Hope. The stuff that dreams were literally made of. Listening on, it seemed that the light not only gave actual illumination, but projected a sense of hope. He thought about how helpful it would have been to have such a light in the dank tunnels beneath Sahova. Or anywhere on the Gods forsaken island, for that matter. Nodding, it seemed it was time for questions and answers. What came to mind? Pulren felt like any question he had would be Priskil urging him to question what he sought. Especially in front of a marked worshiper.

"How did you manage to get marked, Rick? I see so many people with various marks of the Gods. Some from birth, some from life. That was the first time I had any real interaction with the Gods that I know of. She did give me a gift, though. A messenger dove. It's at my house. I don't know if it is a regular dove or something else, though. What do you think?" Valid questions. He had left water and seed for it, but as fart as he knew, it hadn't eaten any. Was it a real bird?

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

A New Day, A New Life

Postby Ricky Maze on May 28th, 2015, 3:02 am

As far as Ricky could tell his given knowledge of Priskil had not only enlightened Pulren, it moved him in a different way the father hadn't expected it too. He knew Priskil's gift had an incredible effect on people, but to see this much of an impact on a friend of his, part of him felt uplifted as well as unsettled by it really. That kind of power tended to be magnificent to behold, and to even be able to share in part with that power, through by only the means of a simple mark; it gave a startling revelation as to how truly great the Goddess really was. With the question as to how he got it Ricky could only bear a grin, as he pondered for a tick about Pulren's dove once he heard about it.

While it served as a messenger mainly it belonged to Priskil, served as her and therefore reminded those of her. Therefore the reasonable explanation soon came to be vocalized, with a bit of keen euphemism thrown inside. "Oi'd wager more than anyt'in d'at it's a reminder. While de dove may seem ordinary it carries its own personal message, lettin' ya know no matter how grim yer problems git, she's always t'ere t' remind ya hope exists." He reasoned as he crossed his arms with a smile, he started to wonder what else about Priskil had changed him. Pulren and Ricky both in fact, seeing as how Ricky himself felt linked to the Goddess. "When Oi got de mark Oi was on de way t' Syliras. Ye remember when Oi left t' find de healer t'ere since me condition was so bad?" He pointed to the side of his skull to aid in the reminder, the harsh circumstances that led to his departure reason for his encounter with the Goddess. "Along de way we stopped at a place t' rest, but Oi... well it's all kinda foggy really." He admitted as he looked to the ceiling in thought.

"We stopped t'ere but last Oi recall was bein' elsewhere, more or less lost anc caught by a band o' slavers." He stated as he recalled the first part of the hazy dream he'd been lost in. "It looked pretty grim at first, and time after time me situation grew more and more hopeless. O' course when Oi awoke Oi realized it'd all been a dream, at least Oi t'ink it had been a dream." He murmured as he rather subconsciously rubbed at his throat. "Anyways she was t'ere when Oi awoke, an' she said Oi never gave up hope t'ough. D'at it had t' be an admirable quality actually, Oi didn't understand what she meant at first t'ough. Now? Oi t'ink I get it, t'ough often wondered why she chose t' grant me her favor." He looked back down at the vortex on his right hand as it swirled gracefully, he could never get over how beautiful it was to look at, and how alive the mark itself appeared on the surface of his skin.

The door to the next room opened and just within moments Telion poked out the doorway, Martin in her arms as she looked to see who their guest was. "Telion! Pulren's come fer a visit!" He remarked with a bit of enthusiasm, she giggled with a hearty smile across her lips.

"So I see! It's good to have you over Pulren, Rick's friends are hardly ever around." She teased as she walked further into the room, Ricky rose to his feet as she did so, and met her half way to peck a soft kiss on her forehead. "I'll make some tea then, watch Jr. here until then?"

"Sounds good, some tea Pul?" Ricky turned to the guardsman as he offered, the couple paused to see if he would either accept or decline. Once they had his answer of course, Ricky accepted the pass of their child and held Martin snugly in his right arm. Telion returned back into the deeper areas of the house, and left the three alone in the time it would take for tea to be made. "Remember our son? He's grown a lot since ye two last met." He enthused as he brought the child over to the bench, he offered the chance to allow Pulren to hold the boy, that is if he wanted to do so of course. Should Pulren accept the opportunity to hold the child then he would be given Martin without question, and of course if he decided to pass up on it then the child would sit on Rick's lap once the father had been seated once more. Either way Martin vigorously squirmed about and watched Pulren in a vibrant manner, his fingers raised to point at the guardsman as he would go "Pat!" a couple of times.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A New Day, A New Life

Postby Pulren Marsh on June 8th, 2015, 9:43 am

It did make sense that the dove was probably just a bird. It had been pooping like a bird, drinking water and eating seed like a bird. It didn't glow or make music or anything. The importance, like Rick was conveying, that it had been a gift from Priskil and a reminder of her presence and the message of Hope. That alone was a blessing. One of the Divine had reached out and showed Their love to Pulren, a thing he could not and would not ignore. Rick was certainly a beacon of all things Priskil, at least to Pulren. He shone like a beacon of hope whenever he saw him, which is why his next tale was even more illuminating.

He remembered seeing the man off when he went to Syliras to heal what appeared to be a fatal condition. He had returned, though, as always. He didn't even seem all that fazed by the journey and he certainly had never died as far as Pulren knew. That was a thing most took notice of. His whole body tensed up as he heard of Rick's capture by slavers. Slavers. Why were they seemingly everywhere, running their sordid operations with nearly no retribution or punishment? It didn't make a damned bit of sense and he would someday figure out a way to curb the business of the bastards. Nevertheless, it had to be something amazing to have Priskil award such a thing to him and tell him he had done so well and proven himself. "I'm not surprised one bit, Sarge. I don't think I've ever seen you lose hope, even before I knew of Priskil."

The grim story was thankfully interrupted by the arrival of Rick's wife, Telion and young Martin. Pulren also stood when she entered the room, a general sign of respect for women. "Well, I don't know how i could miss the place, Telion. This place is huge! I'm glad you and Martin have a secure place to call home now." He then took a seat once she left the room, nodding at the Mazes when they asked him about tea. "Sure, tea sounds great. Thank you." Really, he didn't really care for the bitter drink, but he would never turn down an offer of welcome from his friends. Looking to little Martin, Pulren nodded at Rick. He did recall Martin being smaller. "He's growing up quick, huh? He's going to be a big strong fisherman like his Dad, I bet."

When the kid called him Pat, his eyes lit up. "Haha, looks like I'm Uncle Pat now." beat the hell out of being Uncle Pal. Big time.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

A New Day, A New Life

Postby Ricky Maze on June 24th, 2015, 11:08 pm

When the comment about never losing hope had been made Ricky couldn't stem a chuckle from within himself, amused by the fact Pulren found him to be already the optimistic sort to begin with. In most cases that fact remained true because he always did try to see the brighter side of things, yet there would always come time where doubt or fear plagued his mind. Priskil of course merely changed how often those times came around, nowadays he hardly felt afraid of anything as he believed She would be his guide. With Telion's entrance into the room Pulren seemed to loosen up a little more, her smile brightened when he told them his feelings towards their new place. "It took him long enough that's for sure." She jested in a teasing manner. "Three cups then, I'll be back shortly." She remarked once Pulren accepted the offer, she quickly left the three boys alone momentarily afterwards.

"Aye, he won't quit growin' either. Already he's gotten t' where he can walk, and o' course talk on occasion." He laughed a little at the end of that due to Martin calling Pulren Pat, a fatherly right hand held over the boy's own as he pointed it to Pulren. "D'at's yer uncle Pul son. Can ya call 'im uncle?" For a chime Martin just glanced between his father and Pulren mostly, eyes curiously engaged on both as he tried to establish the connection between Ricky's words, and the meaning that was attached to them with Pulren. Then came a wide smile from the boy as he laughed aloud, the few teeth grown in present at the front as he squirmed a little within Ricky's lap. "He talks when he feels like it, y' should hear 'im durin' de mornin'."

"Daaa!" The child finally cooed as he looked up to his father, an short laugh echoed from Ricky from the infectious adoration found in the boy's expression. "Yes, Oi am 'Da'." He agreed as he ran a couple of fingers through the boy's hair. "And d'at's Pul, ye get it one day." A smile came with the encouragement, as he looked to Pulren once more while Martin settled down a little. "So back t' our previous subject, is d'ere anythin' else ya wanted t' know 'bout Priskil?" He inquired as he reflected on where he left off, far as he could tell he covered pretty much the basics.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A New Day, A New Life

Postby Dove Brown on March 22nd, 2016, 9:05 pm

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request. If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding your grade, please do not hesitate to send me a PM.

Pulren Marsh
Skills
  • Socialisation 3
  • Rhetoric 1
Lores
  • Talking to a bird
  • Priskil: embodiment of light and hope
  • Luminesence: Prikil's gnosis
  • Priskil's light gives hope too
  • Hope leads to courage
  • Ricky: marked by Priskil

Ricky Maze
Skills
  • Rhetoric 1
  • Teaching 1
  • Philosophy 1
  • Storytelling 1
Lores
  • Pulren: something like kinship
  • Touched by Priskil
  • Luminesence: Prikil's gnosis
  • Priskil's light gives hope too
  • Hope leads to courage

Comments: Enjoy your grades
Very busy at work. May not be around much for a while.
Threads: 3/3

Dove Brown
Keeping my head, my backbone, and my heart

Words: 181194
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2015, 9:36 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)