Closed Getting Back on the Horse (Garland)

[Windmount Stables] Sayana goes to the stables to practice some riding and comes across a pleasant surprise.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Getting Back on the Horse (Garland)

Postby Sayana on May 7th, 2015, 2:13 pm

When the squire climbed on after her, it was a tight fit but still rather comfortable. It was nice having him so close and she smiled as he wrapped his arms around her waist. She moved her low hands to rest up on his thighs and she was reminded of some of the intimate moments they had had when they had first met.

Sayana chuckled a little at the various stories he proposed but rejected. Too gruesome, too graphic. She had a few tales like that of her own but he was right to find something more suitable for a child. As he finally launched into his story, Sayana happily listened. It seemed as though a lot of Syliran fairy tales revolved around the knights. She tried to pay attention to the key details so she might retell the story later and she guided her horse this way and that around the arena.

It was a slow walk, but the gentle rocking was starting to become more comfortable. She wasn’t sure if her legs would agree after a bell or two of riding but hopefully she would become more used to it. As she neared the end of the arena she gave a gentle tug on one of the reins to tell the horse to turn and follow the bend in the track. Other horses trotted or galloped by quickly but they just kept a steady walk and she gave her mount a comforting pat and a pull on the reins for those few times when it seemed to want to follow the other horses.

At the conclusion of his story, Sayana gave a clap of her low hands as if he had just finished a performance. “I liked that one. And you’re right, I wouldn’t want to scare my son… unless he’s been giving me trouble and running off on his own places.” Sayana gave a light laugh as she imagined telling her son this story instead of scolding him for going into the woods alone. Though, if he fierce and daring it might have the opposite effect and cause him to seek out the woods even more.

“There once was a knight, who couldn’t put up a fight,” Sayana began and then tried thinking of something to rhyme with ‘ghost’. “Host, most… And along came a bandit host.” For the next chime or two she struggled to find another pair of rhyming words. Then suddenly the next phrase came to her. “But with magic beware, a chill filled the air. He frightened them by pretending to be a ghost.” The Eypharian gave a smile at her short composition. The last line had too many words to fit properly but she couldn’t think of a better way of saying it.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Garland on May 9th, 2015, 1:04 pm

He laughed happily at Sayana's little poem. "Needs a bit of work, but nonetheless it was quite good!" He said and gave a small smile, though she probably couldn't see it. "Are you nervous? About the baby I mean." He asked with a solemn look on his face.

He looked over the fences, seeing the buildings of the main city. "I'm pretty nervous actually. April is... eccentric would be an understatement. A daredevil? Maybe... Completely crazy? Yeah, that's the word. I love her to bits, but in all honesty, she's probably gonna accidentally give the baby a beer bottle instead of a regular bottle." He gave a small laugh at what he said, but still his voice betrayed the worried tone in his words.

He has been thinking a lot of what he needed to do as a father, but in all honesty, he had no idea what a father is. He had never had a father or mother, and can only hope April doesn't do anything too drastic while raising their child. "As you know, I never knew my father, and so I honestly don't know how a father should act. I somewhat recall you and your parents weren't on the best of terms when you left, though I could be wrong. I vaguely remember being drunk and you being... well... exposed. Hehe... I am such a pig..." He muttered and looked around.

"Huh... You've learned how to ride fairly quickly, at least I think so. Who taught you?" He asked with a small hint of curiosity. "At least you're better than me when I first rode a horse."

"So how is Aren? How are you two getting along? I may not know how to be a father, but I do know the signs of a bad father and husband. So I hope, for both your sakes that he's treating you well." He said with a little smile. "Though since you picked him, I'm sure both of you will end up quite happily together."

Now was a good a time as any for his mischievous plan. "Hey, Sayana... Remember the time where I tickled you to bits... Well, I was wondering if you're still ticklish~" He pressed his lips on her neck and blew a rather loud raspberry on her neck. "Haha!"
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Sayana on May 10th, 2015, 11:51 pm

Sayana smiled at Garland’s complement of her poem. It could use some work, sure, but she was beginning to understand why songs and poetry so often rhymed. It was easier to recall the words without actually having to write it down. And frankly she’d try many things before forcing herself to painstakingly write or read something important.

“Are you nervous? About the baby I mean.”

Yes. Ever so much. Except her worries tended to be of a different nature since she had seen first-hand what could happen with a pregnancy gone wrong. She listened as he revealed some of his own concerns. He loved April to bits but he also couldn’t tell what she might do from one chime to the next. And then parenting as well. For a moment she frowned. It was as though she had been so caught up in the perils of childbirth that she had hardly thought about how she was going to raise her son.

“I… I like my family,” Sayana answered shrugging off his comment about her being exposed at the time. “My parents had big dreams for me but they didn’t always match to what I wanted to do. Or what I already did. My aunt though… I miss her. She never cared if I never learned my letters, so long as I was safe.” For a moment Sayana seemed lost in thought as she remembered her life back in Ahnatep.

The squire’s comment about riding broke her out of her thoughts. A smile brightened her face as she replied, “Katelyn taught me to ride. She’s a lovely woman and very thorough too. Bright orange hair. I don’t think I’ve seen hair like that. Or at least very rarely. She’s got two horses too. A giant warhorse and a sweet pony. She let me ride her pony.”

“Oh yeah, Aren has been wonderful. He’s sleeping over quite a bit too. I…” Sayana hesitated a moment and then forced the words out in a genuine tone. “I’d like to thank you. He’s been really happy about the baby. I probably should have told him sooner, but, well… thank you.”

However, when Garland bent over to give her a big raspberry, her whole body tightened up as she laughed hard and tried to swat him away. Unfortunately, her legs also tightened and she involuntarily gave quite a hard kick to the horse beneath them. The horse leaped forwards at the ‘command’ running hard down the arena. Sayana’s first instinct was to grip the horn of the saddle hard with her mid hands and secondly to reach behind her with her low hands and try to grab Garland so he wouldn’t fall off.

The horse’s hooves thundered upon the ground and Sayana struggled not to fall. “Wo! Wo!” she cried out as she tugged at the reins. She didn’t want the horse to rear up like Garland’s had and she only slowly gave it a stronger pull until it gradually began slowing down. Her legs and rear ached from all the bumpy riding and when the horse finally came to a stop, at her insistent tugging of the reins, she swung one leg over and slid down to dismount.

“That’s enough for one day,” Sayana declared still breathing heavily and glad to be back on her feet. Here the ground was solid and she was quite happy with that. Her hips and thighs still ached even from the short little run and she stretched out her legs a bit. “Want to join me at my place?” Sayana asked. “I could make up some tea. But I should really get this horse back to the stables.” The Eypharian took the reins in her high hands and began walking the horse back feeling accomplished but quite done for the day.

OOCI'd like to wrap up this thread (feel free to finish with one more post if you like). If you still have lots of ideas we could start a separate one at Sayana's house (or just have Gar and Say chatter at her surprise party).
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Garland on May 11th, 2015, 5:07 am

Garland gives a goofy smile as he held on to Sayana as her horse ran wild. "Ahahaha!"

As they began to slow down and eventually stop, Garland hopped off the horse and looked over himself, he had gotten use to riding a bit, but still, he did feel a bit sore.

When Sayana offered him some tea he couldn't just say no. "Of course! I would love to spend some time with you. It'll be a nice break from the loud streets and usually quiet dorms." He said with a wide grin.

oocYeah, sorry if it's short, just wanted to finish this.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Aoren on May 31st, 2015, 2:20 pm

Sayana

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Negotiation +1 EXP
Persuasion +3 EXP
Horsemanship +2 EXP
Riding(Horse) +5 EXP
Investigation +2 EXP
Storytelling +2 EXP
Dagger +1 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
Negotiation: Haggling over price
Horsemanship: Saddling a horse
Riding: Giving direction to a horse
Garland: Uses a crossbow
Garland: His love for April

Garland

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Rhetoric + 3 EXP
Persuasion + 2 EXP
Riding(Horse) + 4 EXP
Horsemanship +1 EXP
Storytelling +2 EXP
Investigation +2 EXP

Lores
Lore Earned
Persuasion: Whining as a persuasive technique
Horsemanship: Saddling a horse
Sayana: Dealing with morning sickness
Sayana: Her relationship with Aren't
Story: Ser Jordan Kinsways

Notes :
If you have comments, questions or concerns please approach me at your earliest convenience. Don't forget to edit/delete your request in the request thread!
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous