[Location: Windmount Stables] Time for Tea (Garland)

Nivel and Garland do some riding training when things go wrong.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Nivel on May 14th, 2015, 7:49 am

Date of thread

Nivel hung on for dear life as she continued her turbulent ride on this wild horse. Every attempt to attack the thief had nearly pushed her off the mount, where she would surely be trampled. The riding had made Nivel feel a bit inadequate and now she was feeling simply helpless. Being tiny could be such a burden for Nivel, she knew if she was larger she would have already knocked this criminal off the poor horse with ease.

A sudden crash from behind on the attached cart startled Nivel but the pycon quickly sensed the aura of Garland and felt much better about her situation. Although the rider quickly sped up to push the two squires off and while it wasn’t enough to to push garland off it was enough to make the pycon lose her grip and she was sent tumbling back. The mage squire only stopped when she collided with a wooden crate of tea, and proceed to fall to the ground.
“I’m ok-ay Gar-land” Nivel shouted disjointedly from where she had fallen. The cart was still a turbulent place to as it was occasionally thrown up and jostled about as it rode over different obstacles, which caused many of the crates of tea to fall on the ground and smash loudly. It was still a far better place for Nivel to be than dangling helplessly on a saddle. Since the pycons limbs were free she was able to preform an attack, of course with the luck she was having the thief was out of range. The horse wasn’t however, and while she didn’t like the idea of whipping an innocent she had to if she was to get this criminal to stop.

She let her arm extend into a whip and quickly snapped it on the poor horses rear end, making sure to control her power so as to only startle and not injure. Her attack worked and the horse violently reared stopping the cart so abruptly that it launched up a bit sent the thief falling backwards and Nivel into the grassy ground next to the frightened horse. The horse thief was certainly injured from the crash but wasn’t ready to be caught just yet, and got up from the wreckage and forcefully limped towards the bronze woods.

Credit for Boxcode goes to Telor Riptide
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Garland on May 14th, 2015, 4:34 pm

Garland watched as Nivel held on to the back with him. He noticed that she turned her arm into a long wipe and wiped the horse, making it rear and send all three passengers into the dirt. Unlike Nivel or the thief, Garland had most of the remaining tea crates on top of him, pinning him down for a short while.

Garland pushed off the fallen crates on him, and crawled out of the main bulk of the debris. He stood up, feeling a bit of pain on his ankle, he might have twisted it on during the fall, but he won't let the thief get away. With all his strength Garland rushed the man and tackled him to the ground. He raised up his fist and slammed it across his face and pressed down on both his hands to keep him from fighting back.

"This... Would probably be the part I say something really cheesy for your arrest, but no, I'll just say shut up and stay down." He said and pressed firmly on his hands, keeping them pinned.

Sera Cathrine and Sera Grey came shortly after Garland had pinned down the thief. Sera Catherine took out some rope for bindings and tied the man's arms together. "Garland, where is your rope?" She asked and helped the boy up from the the ground.

"Uhhh... I forgot?" He said unconvincingly, he had most likely misplaced it somewhere and forgotten all about it. "It's probably somewhere in my room..." He said and looked away from Catherine's glare.

" 'Probably'? Didn't I tell you always bring your equipment? That includes all you need to apprehend any criminals if you ever find one! Come on, boy. It's basic training to always be prepared for anything!" Catherine told Garland off, flicking his forehead like a child misbehaving.

"Ow. Right... Fine, it won't happen again, and we did catch the thief though so that's good. Thanks to Nivel's quick thinking. Though I gotta hand it to the thief, he was quite a good rider." Garland said and pulled the man up. "Alright, time to head back I think. To the Tank. Gods, I hate the Tank."

"We should probably help the horse, and get the remaining tea crates back to the Windmount Stables... Or should we head towards The Bean? Grey?" She asked her fellow knight and friend. "Or should we let the squires deal with this? It'll be good experience for them."
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Nivel on May 18th, 2015, 6:41 am

Nivel was very disoriented, where ever she had found her self was dark and surrounded by noise. A sudden crash erupted nearby and when she looked in its direction she could see wooden crates crashing about through an opening. She quickly realized that she was under the cart of tea, and ran out from under it to see Garland tackle the bandit before he was able to make his get away. Nivel scurried up to assist but Garland was already talking care of the criminal all by himself. While the thief was a very skilled rider he wasn’t a very strong fighter or at least didn’t seem so compared to the squire who pinned him.

“Yay you got him” Nivel congratulated her fellow squire as she entered the scene. The pycon’s words of encouragement were almost immediately over shadowed by the criticisms of Garlands patron as she rode up on her horse accompanied by Sera Grey and group of knights. Sera Catherine continued to lector Garland about not having a rope, as the other nights rounded up and claimed down the horse and gathered up all the fallen crates. Nivel didn’t recall ever being accosted for forgetting to bring equipment by Sera Grey, The pycon could change her shape to most things so she supposed she didn’t need to. It was one of the advantages that made her feel a little bit better about being so tiny and the complement that Garland had given her certainly helped.

“You were a far quicker thinker than I Garland, If it wasn’t for you I would have never caught up to you three let alone catch the criminal. “Nivel cut in, to show her gratitude for Garlands assistance. The Mage squire didn’t know where she would be if it weren’t for the help and support of her fellow knights and squires.

“I feel there is enough hands to help out already and these two are almost knights as it is”Sera Grey said with pride before turning her attention to the defeated thief “I am certain they can handle one filthy ne’er–do–well” Her words cut like knives into the ego of the man.
“Anyway, Let us race to the gates, Last one into the city pays for the others drink” Sera grey gave a light chuckle as she began riding back to the city.

Credit for Boxcode goes to Telor Riptide
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Sayana on June 5th, 2015, 6:44 pm

Nivel

Skills:
Skill EXP
Riding: Dog +5
Persuasion +1
Socialization +2
Interrogation +1
Anthropology +2
Storytelling +1
Leadership +1
Land Navigation +1
Observation +2
Tracking +1
Meditation +1
Flux +1
Acrobatics +2
Auristics +1
Pyken +1
Tactics +1

Lores:
  • Anthropology: Tall folk babies are tiny versions of adults and take three seasons of pregnancy
  • Riding: Calming one's mount
  • Flux: Channeling energy for a jump
  • Arresting a thief

Shield Points:
Shield Points Earned Reason
+1 Patron
+3 Training
+5 Arresting Thief

Total: +9 Shield Points

Comments :
Great thread. It looked like a fun way to train up in riding.

Garland

Skills:
Skill EXP
Teaching +1
Riding: Horse +4
Storytelling +1
Leadership +1
Rhetoric +1
Land Navigation +1
Endurance +2
Unarmed Combat +2
Wrestling +1
Acrobatics +1

Lores:
  • Riding: Slowing a galloping horse
  • Arresting a thief

Shield Points:
Shield Points Earned Reason
+1 Patron
+3 Training
+5 Arresting Thief

Total: +9 Shield Points

Comments :
Great. Thanks for the little fix up for one of those posts. A really enjoyable thread. Sometimes Garland is quite the crazy one and his horse too.

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request in the grade request thread. However, make sure to keep the link so that the DS can review graded threads with ease.

If you have any questions or concerns about your grade please feel free to send me a message (like really, I’m all ears if you feel like I missed something).

Enjoy.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Previous