[SO-Sylira] So here we are

(Zandelia)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The vast, beautiful oceans encircling Mizahar. The Eastern Ocean to the east and the Western Ocean to the west.

Postby Fallon on February 28th, 2015, 9:10 pm

She had spotted it, she knew she had felt it. She had seen the tenseness, had read the signs and so now chose to act upon them - in a sense at least. The movement was felt, the peel away leaving her at first leaving her worried, regret reverberating up from within as she leaned back against the wall. But such worry was short lived as she found herself being pulled in and across. She did not resist, allowing her head to rest upon the other's chest, a deep inhale as comfort was found once more against the other. Sighing, she let the fingers play with her hair, the lips pulling into a smile as she looked up from her new found spot.

"I think that makes us both traitors to our heritage,"[b] she snorted, turning slightly so she avoided the other's stitches, [b]"But, perhaps in this instance that is a good thing, no? Shows that maybe we have grown from our roots and gone beyond what is expected of us," she smiled back upwards then, her hands resting idly upon her lap as she found herself resting along the length of the woman instead. Fingers gave their idle taps here and there, testing touches before withdrawing and allowing the simple resting, "Maybe, maybe not, depends on the individuals tastes I guess. Locals claim the buildings in the ancient quarter are old. Really old. Hundreds of years old. But nice views of the other kind..." there was a small curl of lips then, allowing the simple sensation of being cared for, "I'll see what I can do, any preferences?"

"I don't feel better though,"
she allowed the lacing of the fingers, her gaze lifting and looking upwards at the woman, a small craning of the neck so she could get her in better view, "But... I will accept. Only if you accept the notion of you are better than you believe. Beautiful and cunning, sharp and wonderful and..." her freehand reached up, a small stroke upon the woman's cheek, "I love you."

"I can take you dancing again if you want. Have you in a dress, have me... wearing something with trousers,"
She licked her lips then, "Or... the theatre. You ever been to a theatre my love?" Her eyes lit up then, a child-like gleam taking over them, "The noise, the sounds, the vibration of voices soaring up into the ceiling, the colours though, so bright... I..." she fell silent then, a flurry of blinks, "I'd like to take you. One day, maybe. If you wish." Fallon chewed at her lip then, eyes flickering back and forth in consideration, "Or maybe somewhere quieter? The library is there, or the forum, or the pier! That stretches out into the bay... least, that was the case before the big storm. The Djed one. I don't know if it's still standing though..." She frowned then, pondering briefly on it before the conversation turned once more.

"I might be a student, or I might just take frequent trips to the library instead. Probably the latter in hindsight, I like self study," Her thumb ran across the knuckles with thought, her lips pursing as she listened to the subtle changes of tone and enjoyed the simple sensation of touch, "You help me more than you realise you know. And I want to thank you for that. It means much to, well, have you. I..." she gave a small smile, a small squeeze as she tried to find her way around the words, "Thank you for being that rock. And keeping me... well. Here."

"And yes, spoiling you,"
She responded, voice adamant to it, "I'm not alone if you're here, and that's all I need. I'm not really sure how to..." Fallon frowned then, almost as if confused by the prospect, "Well.. spoiling? I don't really... get it? I just like doing things for you. And making you happy and please and stuff. I don't..." she shook the broken thought away. Gift giving and spoiling always seemed to have some prerequisite when it came to herself - at least that was how the mind thought presently - it made her wonder on what was exactly wanted, or if there was some kind of secret underlying reason for such a behaviour, "Sitting... Sitting is good. I can do that. And talk to you about anything? You may regret that later."

"The best prize of all?"
she felt the brush of lips upon her hand, her brow raising with curiosity, "What do you mean? I already have the best prize in my eyes, I have you after all. So, what could be better than you having I and I having you?" It was another confusing concept, one that left her stumbling, "Unless you mean something else? You do, don't you? Or something more. What are you thinking?" Her lips twisted then, a low exhale as she considered her words, "But, talk to you about anything? Very well," Fallon gave a smile then, "I would like to go travelling again. One last grand tour of the world. One last adventure to write down and put into book, tales of beasts and birds and other things. But, I'd like to do it with you. If you want to. Our grand story of maybe circumnavigation... romantic enough for you?"
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Zandelia on March 1st, 2015, 11:10 pm

“Outgrown the roots you say? Not sure there are enough left for us to actually relate to so might as well accept we are women of the world and not of one city. You know, most people from that city only think they have it so great because they haven;t been anywhere else. Foolish” she shook her head slightly at the observation, there was truth to what she was saying, perhaps she had outgrown and that was why she had ultimately been unable to fit back into its life.

Perhaps that's why we lost, because deep down we knew we didn't belong. We were outsiders, stalking once familiar streets that by right of blood were ours but by right of our lives could never be ours again. Not truly. It's a city that likes to break people and it already tried to break us after all, perhaps it just gave up and decided to evict us instead she pondered as she listened and enjoyed the warmth of sahred body heat.

“Calm my dear, calm,” she chuckled at the almost cacophonous lists of things suggested, “I am sure that we can see it all, do it all in good time. I have never seen a theatre, not that I know of and it sounds like I would remember if I had. And you're very good a tmaking me happy have no fear. I think we'll be fine. Get a nice place to live, take some time off and then get back into the swing of things. Gte a job and all that, but that's for another time. Now is for sinpler things” she stated.

It was gratifying to know that her presence was enough to make Fallon feel better, if also at the same time giving quite the boost to her ego. It was not that she hadn't know already but it was very fuflilling to be told it in words and not just in glances and gestures. It had not been said enough perhaps, between the pair of them on both of their parts. She was vaguely aware that if others could see their times together they might get bored by such things repating themselves over and voer but it was that sort of ritual reinforcement that meant they were as close as they were. She couldn't care less for others, it was an amusing notion to her though. She kissed her scalp in return.

“And I love you too and will accept that, on occasion, I can be wonderful. We all have our moments now. You are welcome by the way, though I think you saved me as much as I saved you. So call it balanced on the casmic scale. As for this...circumnavigation...are you saying what I think you're saying? You want to travel around the whole of Mizahar?” she asked, there was a certain startlement in her tone though no reproach.

It was to be expected, they were no sailors and she was sure that term was only ever used by their ilk, not to mention that it sounded dangerous and difficult. She was no coward but the notion was coming from her peripherals without warning so it was difficult to disguise the surprise. If she had been drinking she may have choked. In her head the concept broke down to its component parts, seeking the stages and trying to find a block of it to get a handle upon from which she could observe the rest of the scheme in relative cerebral safety. A ship! They...they would need one.

“Won't we need a ship for that? And to know how to sail one? Shouldn;t we focus upon achieving that before we go on a rosy cruise across the seas with the winds whipping our hairs in that heroic and romantic way?” she managed to get a small smile back onto her face with that description.

“It's certainly quite the notion. I'm not agaisnt it just...besides taking passage I haven't sailed a day in my life. I can;t think of myself as a captain brigand without getting this chuckling urge in my neck” she snorted then, imagining herself slipping up on a shfting deck and getting entangled in the rigging as soon as they set sail.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fallon on March 2nd, 2015, 9:58 pm

"Very much out grown the roots," she stretched slightly then, a small arching of the form as she flexed her arms upwards and outwards. With a small pull away, she peeled away from the warmth momentarily to reach forward across the cabin space. Fingers hooked upon the blanket of her bedroll, knotting upon it and then leaning back slowly. With a flap of arms she brought it draping across the both of them and gave an approving nod, "But... maybe it was for the best. We can just... well, see the world. Experience and know. And well, lots of things."

Glancing up to the chuckling, Fallon gently eased herself back down into the comfort and simple things. It was an equal kindling of spirits, acceptance and recovery within each other's comforting embrace. And it was such a link that kept Fallon there largely unmoving if not for the gentle inhaling and exhaling. Hands found the partnered once more, tugging and dragging them under the wool and then gently played with them beneath, twiddling, feeling and checking. Small taps that gently moved to rub against the small muscles and rub around the joints. Occasionally she gave a glance back to Zandelia, looking for some element of approval in her actions.

"Calm? I can try," there was anticipation in her tone, her cheeks blushing when the lips brushed, "I just want to... yes, place to live. You and me. Won't be a house, maybe a little apartment if you can stomach the stairs? Quite, a bed, little place... wind away the time..." She gave a small sigh, "I would like that. Maybe have a few gatherings, a few drinks and a few card games. Normal stuff." Fingers gave a small squeeze, her lips curling to the sensations of the simple actions that commanded them. There was a small reach up then, a press of lips into the woman's cheek and then peeling back down once more.

She heard the startled tone though, and that gave her some pause, "Yes. You heard me correctly. Yes whole of Mizahar. It's a big world. And I want to see it with my eyes, not holed up in some little corner reading from a book. Experience and all that. No? Yes?" She chewed at her lip then, considering as the woman seemed to come to terms with what was just said. It was slowly and clearly then that Fallon spoke, "Yes... we will need a ship. And to know how to sail one. And probably some crew. I... don't know how many yet, depends on the size of the ship and things. It's also been done before... sure we could find records on it in Zeltiva. I mean, yes. I was thinking that anyway."

"It's Zeltiva, the hub of the naval industry,"
she pinched at her brow then, trying her best to filter through her limited memory of the place, "Always making boats, and they'd take a pretty amount of coin for them to even consider starting it - no doubt instalment payments as they build it. Something tells me boats take a long while to make, " she looked out back across the cabin then, a moment of pause, "Could always learn while they build it. And keep learning once its built until we're ready." Her lips pulled into a pout then, "I mean... it's just an idea and all. I just..."

She could feel her shoulders slumping once more, preparing almost for the holes to be poked in her plan and for it to be reigned back into something more manageable. Fallon gave a twitch, "I've never sailed either, isn't going to stop me from trying and learning. I guess it kind of is funny, in its own way," she gave a snort to herself then, "Moment I'm out of somewhere where I was settled my feet get the itch again and I have that buzz to travel. Typical. Maybe I need to just burn it all out once and for all, and may this... this will do it. Or maybe," she looked solely at Zandelia then form turning slightly so she could meet that emerald orb and look unwaveringly, "Maybe it just doesn't matter to me as long as you're at my side." She eased herself back down then, "It'll require planning I know... But, maybe that can wait a little while until spring," She gave a curl of her lips, "Funny though, it's twice now we've worked upon plans and schemes now while in a belly of some vessel... You are comfy there? Or did you want to move?" She gave a small sheepish smile then, a small tug up the hands in almost encouragement, an invitation almost, "And remember, just as I will talk to you about anything, you can... well talk to me about anything. Or ask. Okay?"
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Zandelia on March 11th, 2015, 1:55 am

“I'm fine here thank you, comfortable actually. Just like home again, in a way. Just tired, tired and bruised. It will pass as do all things” she responded softly, she wanted Fallon leaning upon her.

It gave a sense of normalcy at a time when nothing was truly normal, not the way that it had been. She had listened as the words had been spoken, felt the emotions within the tones as if they had been solid things flicking against her skin. It was too much like the journey from Sahova to Sunberth, that had been very astute in its observation though done with partial humour. She had to smile, the same thing at different times and the same energies – Fallon restless and brimming, herself quiet and reserved. Perhaps it was time for her to let go and just step into something unknown for once. Still, she knew nothing of what would be required or how to even begin with this little venture.

“If it is something that you need to do then I will help you, you know that I will. Don;' mind telling you that it scares me, very much so. Only experience I have of ships is in these holds with our conversations. Certainly don't know the first thing about sailing them,” she thought it out slowly, “the crew might but poor leaders would we be if we left it all to them” she reasoned.

It made sense, people followed out of respect but that only came if you could show you knew what you were doing and were worthy of such a gift. She considered too how her home was no longer her home, where she had been born had been taken from her. It cut deeply, it burned within that she would likely never be able to return to Sunberth without getting her throat slit the next morning. The others night manage it but her face was too well known, no she had no home now. It made a sort of poetic sense that she might find a new home on the move, ship or otherwise. It was an idea it would take some time to warm to if she were honest, truly honest with herself.

“Let's get to Zletiva and get ourselves somewhere to live first. We'll see about gold and survival and then we can think about what we do next. It's a beautiful idea Fallon but I need time to think about it. I just...I just lost one home. Likely for good. I'll need time before I can make myself another for permanence” she continued.

“I believe that we could do it but this time we do it properly. No chances taken, no variables left unconsidered. We'll do it right and in the correct manner. Who knows, maybe we'll find others who will help us. There must be many who would like the challenge, or at least like to take credit for it partially. Could see about getting some investors” she stated simply.

“And I know I can talk to you but there is nothing to say right now, it is all too new. I can't even truly believe it yet, that this happened. Right now, all I want, is to sit here with you. And maybe get some sleep that has been in debt for about forty days or more now” she grinned softly then into the gloom.

“Oh, and imagine a new life with cards and wine. Beds and fun. Culture and experience. No fear, no worry, nothing negative. A pretty dream, a simple dream, but worth pursuing I think. Must be getting old after all. If it helps we could probably at least say that those ferrying us to our new home could point us in the direction of sailing instructors no?” she let her head rest back onto the wood once more.

She was mortally tired, so very lethargic. She would attempt to keep her eye open but she was not sure for how much longer she would be capable of it. The warmth and the closeness, combined with the rocking of the ship was hypnotically insistent.

“Fallon,” she managed to get out, “we made a good effort of it. Never forget that. We tried. That's what matters. We'll try again at something else. And again. Until we find what was meant for us. On that you have my word, Zandelia's promise” she muttered.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fallon on March 11th, 2015, 1:48 pm

"Good, good..." Fallon breathed. She let herself slip down slightly then, her eyes coming into their own narrows as she brought both arms and layers around the pair of them. Her head gave a small bump back, a deep inhale as she let the feelings and sensations rest there for a while longer. Nestled in now, she raised an orb up to the woman and the expressions she went through as she spoke. Words slowed, drawn out longer and with more focus, that same reasoning tone from nearly a year ago residing in the space between them. She gave the smallest curling of the lips, before resting her head down once more against her partner's chest. It was from there that she simply let her eyes close, blocking out the world in all but voice and sound.

"Being scared is a good motivator to learn, and learn we shall - even if it is only a little," she stifled out a yawn then, fingers hooking onto the clothing of the other as spoke, "But... I understand. Time, we shall have time. As much as you need. For you, I can wait." She inhaled, swaying with the gentle sensations and listening quietly - ear pressed against the chest, the other twitching to whenever Zandelia spoke - which was a lot given the growing lethargic tone, "I can always wait for you. It's worth it. More than worth it."

She released a small snort then before nodding quietly, "Yes, others would be good. The more the merrier. Like having one big family for the adventure. Or... just investors as you said. Bring them pretty and exotic trinkets back, spices and golds and jewels and whatever else rich people may want. Books. I like books." She broke into a mumble then, "But later and when we land. Think about planning it better then. Not now. Simple stuff..." Repetitive, she felt her own mind slip into its sluggish state, "Sleep sounds good about too. Let the mind rest and settle properly. We'll work it out together..."

Cracking her eyes open she gave a glance back up to that tired face. She heard her name spoken, the words forming into a quiet resolve and promise. Shifting, Fallon gave a sweep of the gaze over to the remains of the bedroll. There was a consideration of it, arms wriggling and snaking in a reluctance to pull herself away towards it. It was with a tug upon her partner herself she moved, the mind focusing only on one thing only - rest and comfort. The tugging grew more insistent, pulling the woman across her - swapping the position of being leaned upon once more.

"I know," she spoke softly, her back pressing against the floor. She wrapped the bedding around them both, tucking the woman's head beneath her chin as she laid there sprawled. She did not mind being rested upon, "It's hard to accept. But I know." Closeness, they both revelled in it and thrived in its existence. It kept them both going in the dark and uncertain times. Her eyes came into narrows, a deep inhale as she found that slither of comfort, "I promise, to try and keep going for you. Find what is meant for us. Both of us, together. Fallon's promise," A small kiss to the brow before she reclined back properly, mind ticking over into her own slowed state. Sleep would come easy soon, "Now? Rest. Sleep. Relax... when we awaken. Plans. Until then, just lay here for a while. Lay... we'll deal with things in the morning."
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Nivel on June 25th, 2015, 7:45 am

Fallon :
XP Award:
  • Negotiation 2
  • Rhetoric 1
  • Planning 5
  • Flirting 2
  • Seduction 2
  • Philosophy 1
Lore:
  • The gods aren’t handymen
  • Outgrown roots
  • Find records in Zeltiva on how to manage a ship
  • Zeltiva: The hub of the Naval industry
  • Planning a romantic outing with Zandelia
  • Zeltiva: They drink kelp beer there
  • Less hiding more studying and hand holding
  • Sometimes its good to betray your heritage
  • Grand story of circumnavigation
  • Being scared is a good motivator to learn
Notes: Super cute thread, I enjoyed reading it
Zandelia :
XP Award:
  • Negotiation 2
  • Acrobatics 1
  • Rhetoric 2
  • Philosophy 2
  • Seduction 3
  • Flirting 2
  • Planning 5
Lore:
  • Basic ship upkeep
  • Fallon Praying?
  • Women of the world, not of a city
  • Zeltiva: They drink kelp beer there
  • Zeltivan pride can’t match my stubbornness
  • May need to reach past higher than hand holding
  • Sometimes its good to betray your heritage
  • A pretty dream, a simple dream
  • Being scared is a good motivator to learn
Notes: Super cute thread, I enjoyed reading it

Additional Comments: If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me.

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)