[Marion] Welcome to the trip, man.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Marion Kay on March 25th, 2015, 4:47 pm

Hiatus

Hey guys, I'm going to take a break from Mizahar until the end of the semester. I've been focusing too much on hobbies and not enough on classes and I've let my grades slip. I need to buckle down and get studying or I'll end up losing scholarships. It shouldn't be a big problem since I don't have very many threads running for this season, but I'm sorry for the delay all the same. I also have some personal writing projects that I've been wanting to do for a while, so I'll be working on those while I can.

I'll be back in about a month or two!

Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy.
Marion Kay
Flung out of space.

Words: 177003
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2014, 8:03 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Rosela on March 25th, 2015, 7:08 pm

Bummer... Life is always more important than Miz, so take all the time you need. We'll still be here when you get back :)

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Aventis on March 25th, 2015, 11:35 pm

I'll be waitin' for your return :D

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Marion Kay on May 14th, 2015, 4:50 pm

I'm back.

I'll be trying to catch up on threads for the next couple weeks. Bear with me! It'll be slow-going until I slip back into the the groove of things. Of course, job threads will take priority.
Summer is coming.

Here's another wonderful song from which I draw Marion-inspiration.

Marion Kay
Flung out of space.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Aventis on May 14th, 2015, 9:18 pm

Welcome home! I'd be lying if I said you weren't missed :D

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Marion Kay on June 14th, 2015, 6:41 am

Marion Kay
Flung out of space.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Marion Kay on June 16th, 2015, 7:46 pm

ENTP

The Debater, the Visionary, the Innovator

“Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of ‘crack-pot’ than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.” —Thomas J. Watson

The ENTP personality type is the ultimate devil's advocate, thriving on the process of shredding arguments and beliefs and letting the ribbons drift in the wind for all to see. Unlike their more determined Judging (J) counterparts, ENTPs don't do this because they are trying to achieve some deeper purpose or strategic goal, but for the simple reason that it's fun. No one loves the process of mental sparring more than ENTPs, as it gives them a chance to exercise their effortlessly quick wit, broad accumulated knowledge base, and capacity for connecting disparate ideas to prove their points.

Playing the devil's advocate helps people with the ENTP personality type to not only develop a better sense of others' reasoning, but a better understanding of opposing ideas – since ENTPs are the ones arguing them.

This tactic shouldn't be confused with the sort of mutual understanding Diplomats (NF) seek – ENTPs, like all Analyst (NT) personality types, are on a constant quest for knowledge, and what better way to gain it than to attack and defend an idea, from every angle, from every side?

Taking a certain pleasure in being the underdog, ENTPs enjoy the mental exercise found in questioning the prevailing mode of thought, making them irreplaceable in reworking existing systems or shaking things up and pushing them in clever new directions.

ENTPs' capacity for debate can be a vexing one – while often appreciated when it's called for, it can fall painfully flat when they step on others' toes by say, openly questioning their boss in a meeting, or picking apart everything their significant other says. This is further complicated by ENTPs' unyielding honesty, as this type doesn't mince words and cares little about being seen as sensitive or compassionate. Likeminded types get along well enough with people with the ENTP personality type, but more sensitive types, and society in general, are often conflict-averse, preferring feelings, comfort, and even white lies over unpleasant truths and hard rationality.

This frustrates ENTPs, and they find that their quarrelsome fun burns many bridges, oftentimes inadvertently, as they plow through others' thresholds for having their beliefs questioned and their feelings brushed aside. Treating others as they'd be treated, ENTPs have little tolerance for being coddled, and dislike when people beat around the bush, especially when asking a favor. ENTP personalities find themselves respected for their vision, confidence, knowledge, and keen sense of humor, but often struggle to utilize these qualities as the basis for deeper friendships and romantic relationships.

ENTPs have a longer road than most in harnessing their natural abilities – their intellectual independence and free-form vision are tremendously valuable when they're in charge, or at least have the ear of someone who is, but getting there can take a level of follow-through that ENTPs struggle with.

Once they've secured such a position, ENTPs need to remember that for their ideas to come to fruition, they will always depend on others to assemble the pieces – if they've spent more time "winning" arguments than they have building consensus, many ENTPs will find they simply don't have the support necessary to be successful. Playing devil's advocate so well, people with this personality type may find that the most complex and rewarding intellectual challenge is to understand a more sentimental perspective, and to argue consideration and compromise alongside logic and progress.

Strengths & Weaknesses :
ENTP Strengths

• Knowledgeable – ENTPs rarely pass up a good opportunity to learn something new, especially abstract concepts. This information isn't usually absorbed for any planned purpose as with dedicated studying, people with the ENTP personality type just find it fascinating.
  • Quick Thinkers – ENTPs have tremendously flexible minds, and are able to shift from idea to idea without effort, drawing on their accumulated knowledge to prove their points, or their opponents', as they see fit.
  • Original – Having little attachment to tradition, ENTP personalities are able to discard existing systems and methods and pull together disparate ideas from their extensive knowledge base, with a little raw creativity to hold them together, to formulate bold new ideas. If presented with chronic, systemic problems and given rein to solve them, ENTPs respond with unabashed glee.
  • Excellent Brainstormers – Nothing is quite as enjoyable to ENTPs as analyzing problems from every angle to find the best solutions. Combining their knowledge and originality to splay out every aspect of the subject at hand, rejecting without remorse options that don't work and presenting ever more possibilities, ENTPs are irreplaceable in brainstorming sessions.
  • Charismatic – People with the ENTP personality type have a way with words and wit that others find intriguing. Their confidence, quick thought and ability to connect disparate ideas in novel ways create a style of communication that is charming, even entertaining, and informative at the same time.
  • Energetic – When given a chance to combine these traits to examine an interesting problem, ENTPs can be truly impressive in their enthusiasm and energy, having no qualms with putting in long days and nights to find a solution.

ENTP Weaknesses

• Very Argumentative – If there's anything ENTPs enjoy, it's the mental exercise of debating an idea, and nothing is sacred. More consensus-oriented personality types rarely appreciate the vigor with which ENTP personalities tear down their beliefs and methods, leading to a great deal of tension.
  • Insensitive – Being so rational, ENTPs often misjudge others feelings and push their debates well past others' tolerance levels. People with this personality type don't really consider emotional points to be valid in such debates either, which magnifies the issue tremendously.
  • Intolerant – Unless people are able to back up their ideas in a round of mental sparring, ENTPs are likely to dismiss not just the ideas but the people themselves. Either a suggestion can stand up to rational scrutiny or it's not worth bothering with.
  • Can Find It Difficult to Focus – The same flexibility that allows ENTPs to come up with such original plans and ideas makes them readapt perfectly good ones far too often, or to even drop them entirely as the initial excitement wanes and newer thoughts come along. Boredom comes too easily for ENTPs, and fresh thoughts are the solution, though not always a helpful one.
  • Dislike Practical Matters – ENTPs are interested in what could be – malleable concepts like ideas and plans that can be adapted and debated. When it comes to hard details and day-to-day execution where creative flair isn't just unnecessary but actually counter-productive, ENTP personalities lose interest, often with the consequence of their plans never seeing the light of day.

via
Marion Kay
Flung out of space.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Vizayas on June 16th, 2015, 8:41 pm

That actually fits my personality close to perfectly, interestingly enough. I always get bored and lose focus when it comes to actually doing the work in comparison to thinking about it, analyzing it, and putting creative twists on it. I'm also always getting into arguments whether I like it or not since I don't always recognize them as such - I'm simply reasoning and trading information in my head. The mental sparring thing can be true, but every once in awhile I'll 'just go with it' when it comes to someone else's idea.

I used to be very insensitive, but I spent many years working on trying not to step over the feelings of others since they are important. None of the personality types are perfect, as there are all sorts of quirks that people have, are born with, or develop as they go through life. I don't consider myself very charismatic in real life, for example. I'm very quiet, and rarely physically active - a major introvert.
ImageImageImage
Vizayas
Squire Mage

Words: 113870
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2014, 9:42 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Marion Kay on June 25th, 2015, 6:05 am

Activity

I've been putting off making this post because I hate how frequently I've been having to do this, but my activity is going to be decreasing. (And already has. I haven't made an IC post in a week or two.) I'm having to juggle a lot more than I'm used to, through the process of blossoming into this strange and terrifying world that vaguely resembles adulthood. I've never had much talent for time management, so I'm just asking for a some patience while I learn how to find both money and time where there are neither.

I still plan on getting Summer plots going -- I'm not going to be dropping off the site -- but I won't be working at as fast of a pace as I would have liked or expected from the season. That may change when (/if) I find a summer job with regular hours or happen across a sum of money. I should be back to my self once the Fall semester starts (which seems backwards, considering) and I'm on a reliable schedule once again. But for now: Heads up, please be patient, and no I've not abandoned or forgotten anything this time around. I have a definite hierarchy to which I'll be sticking to organize the priority of replies, and I'll probably be working on those replies in chunks when I can.

Marion Kay
Flung out of space.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)