The Journal of Fallon Skylar

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Postby Caelum on July 1st, 2015, 1:06 am

Timestamp: 87 Summer 515 AV

The courier was nervous, broad shouldered, and close mouthed. He made his delivery and beat a hasty retreat back to his boat. The envelope was hand folded, heavily waxed paper. The edges were torn rather than clean cut and it was obviously not done in this fashion out of some misplaced sense of artistry. On the back flap and spilling over the borders to ultimately take up the entire side of paper was scrawled in thick but faded ink:

Ms. F. Skylar

Office of Scarred Wolf Investigations

Old Quarter, Zeltiva

Inside was single piece of folded paper and a second envelope. The paper read:

This envelope should hold a key, a second envelope, and be accompanied by a large chest. Should any of these be missing, shake down the courier and send me his blood post haste.

The second envelope held a final sheet of painstakingly folded paper.

90 Spring 515 AV

Dear Ms. Skylar,

Thank you for your willingness to engage in business with me. I find it reassuring that you recognize the potential to be had in humoring a long distance contractor.

I will be brief. I want any and all information you can provide on the Denvali refugees who relocated to Zeltiva in the aftermath of the Djed Storm of 512 A.V. Their welfare, their whereabouts, and details of any interesting business they have undertaken will be valued. In particular I am interested in the fate of one Captain Astrid and a priest who goes by the name of Justus. Should either of these two individuals be capable of being contacted, in addition to investigating their present circumstances, please convey to them my name and address so that they might write, or pay a call. Do not inquire or otherwise let on, but take note if either wears a necklace with an amber colored stone.

Additionally, but of no less import, I want to learn the business, routes, and investments of any slavers or merchants who deal with slavers coming to port in Zeltiva. Again, any and all detail, especially in regards to slaving in or around Cyphrus. Well placed or connected slave sympathizers are also of great interest to me.

I have provided funds to secure your services for at least a season and feel confident that any of your expenses on my behalf are well covered. Your utmost discretion is required. Unless otherwise and explicitly informed by my hand, I want nothing of me, my name, or my whereabouts to be revealed to anyone. Should you be able to mention me to Astrid or Justus, please do so as my friend and long acquaintance, carrying a message as a favor.

I was unable to find a courier capable of providing us a quicker means of communication. Should you manage to secure one, I will be happy to foot the bill. Please write often.

I remain,

Caelum.

Alements
525 Plunge Pool Lane
City of Riverfall, Cyphrus

post script: You will receive handsome bonuses for trinkets belonging to the more interesting of those subjects you observe. The very best are pieces of hair, drops of blood, nail clippings, and other things previously of the body.

post-post script: Be a love and burn this when you're done.

The enclosed key fits the lock on the iron bound chest. Inside are two thousand gold rimmed mizas.

Ledger :
- 4 gm Large Chest of High Quality, - 40 gm Good Key, - 80 gm Good Lock, - 2000 gm in payment to F. Skylar of S.W.I., - 300 gm to courier. Total: - 2,424 gm.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Fallon on March 5th, 2017, 10:22 am

Recieved in "The Book Thief":
48th Spring 493 AV

Dear Fallon,

I am probably the last person you would ever think to hear from and most certainly would not have met before, let alone received prior contact with. But despite the odds and the circumstances I felt compelled to write you this letter. Whether or not fate will allow it to fall to you I do not know, but I will simply hope that one day it will. You need to know this, just as much as I need to tell you.

It must have been only a year ago now that I found out I was to be a father, and while it filled me with excitement it filled me with fear. I worried of the world my child would be brought into, if I would be able to care, if I would be a good father. If the evils that belonged in children stories would manifest in reality and plague us. There was so many questions, all of which left me anticipating what would come. When you were born, those questions disappeared and I knew that I would love you as a daughter. It was on that day that I vowed I would do anything and everything to keep you safe, though I always foolishly believed that such love would never have to be put to the test.

It was too late that I discovered such evils did exist in this world and our fragile existence was shattered. Your mother left less the sickness would consume you and soon after I had no choice but to leave as well, by simply being present I was a danger. The pain, the anger and the devastation caused and committed by this evil tore us apart, and while it hurt so much I knew that only thing I could do to ensure your safety was to leave.

I learned in this short amount of time that losing a child is the hardest task a parent would ever have to face. And it was this evil that forced me to do what must be done - less they destroy us all. I hope you never have to understand what the sensation of having what you love the most being forcibly taken away from you for no good reason. Instead, I hope you lead a happy and wonderful life.

Perhaps, one day once my battles are done, we will find each other again. Until then, just know that I have not forgotten you, and never will I stop loving you.

Your father,

Zachiel Eyvino
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous