Eypharian Race Rewrite

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Eypharian Race Rewrite

Postby Rosela on July 17th, 2015, 5:28 pm

E
I don't know why, but I didn't even consider trying to find art of something other than people! Maybe something like this:
http://www.myartprints.co.uk/kunst/walter_crane/detail_of_the_gold_mosaic_frie_hi.jpg

It's apparently made with real gold, so I could have that in the caption.

To be honest, I had reservations about the whole black=royal thing just recently when I was proofreading everything, but I didn't really stop to think critically on it. While the dye being hard to get makes sense in an RL historical sense, I'm not sure the whole concept is something people follow to the letter in Mizahar. For the common person, whole swaths of color should be unavailable. Instead of saying explicitly that it's very uncommon, I'll just avoid mentioning it in order to defer to the site-wide policy on the subject.

I don't know what page it's on, but under Biology/Appearance, there's a section on makeup and fashion. I didn't change it much from the current writeup, but with this edit about colors, I think I'll add a bit more, like embroidery, accessories, patterns, etc.

In other news: Instead of doing my work, like I should, I finished the last teeny, tiny section on Racial Bonuses! Which means...we're done. We're frikkin DONE. Unless I'm forgetting a step, I think I can post the completed writeup in the Peer Review forum, right? O_O
E

E
Racial Bonuses
Skill Bonus
+10 In any weapon, ideally so a PC can work towards Dual Wield which requires 30+ points in a weapon as a prerequisite (Racial Bonuses cannot be stacked with Starting Package Skills to reach a sum beyond 30)

Racial Knowledge
If raised by Eypharian parents, every Eypharian should have knowledge of aladjunn, or genetics. The level of knowledge should correspond to the class the Eypharian was raised in. For example, a child from a poor family would have only a passing knowledge of the general principles, whereas a child from a wealthy family may have been taught more in-depth knowledge. This knowledge is highly classified among Eypharians and any who even considered sharing the knowledge with members of another race would be shut out of society, and subject to imprisonment if ever caught actually doing so.
E

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Eypharian Race Rewrite

Postby Rosela on July 17th, 2015, 5:35 pm

So...I just realized all this development I've been doing here should have been in the Lore Workshop forum... Sorry!!! Moderators, please move this thread there if you feel it is necessary.

Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Eypharian Race Rewrite

Postby Sayana on July 17th, 2015, 5:46 pm

Whoot! It's done. I'll have to get ready for a long review session. And maybe bug people to enjoy Eypharians and all their glory :D Or you know, get them excited, or something. Hehe.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Eypharian Race Rewrite

Postby Rosela on July 17th, 2015, 6:42 pm

E
Alrighty, it's up! Tear it to shreds :D
E

Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous