Location The Administration Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Citadel of the Dead Queen, Black Rock is the island off of the eastern coast of Falyndar. Mythic and mysterious, few know what truly inhabits it. [Lore]

The Administration Office

Postby Traverse on December 11th, 2014, 3:01 pm

A dark haired woman seated behind neatly, but rather mountainous stacks of paperwork glanced up at Phyolea's hesitant call, a welcoming smile slipping onto her face. "Welcome, it is always nice to see a new Charoda face on the isle. I can only imagine those of the Eastern Bay will be even more delighted to meet you and hear your stories stranger."

A hand beckoned Phyolea closer to the desk. "Pardon my manners, my name is Jaleryn and as you probably know if you're here, I run the Administration Office with my partner Vesta. We mainly handle the deeds, wills, and final wishes of the Ghosts of Black Rock, but we also help the living with many affairs." She leaned back in her chair, steep-ling her fingers in thought.

"May I ask why you came here, and your interests my dear? It will help me immensely in figuring out where to send you next."
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Phyolea on December 12th, 2014, 3:24 am

Phyolea smiled in spite of herself. Part of her smile was due to relief. Now she was faced with valid questions. "May I ask why you came here, and your interests my dear? It will help me immensely in figuring out where to send you next." Phyolea stopped and contemplated her journey thus far.

Two years ago, a massive djed storm destroyed Phyolea's peace. Many of her friends and family were critically injured and even killed. All she could do was look on helplessly as her friends suffered. She knew she could not remain powerless forever. Phyolea would study with the land dwellers and learn how to heal people.

Phyolea set out for the peaceful university in Zeltiva. She had been so excited! How naive she had been. The djed storm had affected Zeltiva as well. The destruction of Denval had led the refugees to the city. Some of these Denvali sought to overthrow Zeltiva's rule. There was even more death and destruction. Phyolea's resolution grew. She had to help them!

However, things did not go as planned. She studied theory. She hit the books almost daily. She thought she was doing well. She felt prepared for the test at the College of Djed. She went with no doubt in her mind that she would be able to enter.

The College of Djed's test proved to be too much for her. She could not pass its requirements. She knew fear even greater than what she had experienced in that djed storm. She did not know what had gone wrong. Did she forget to study somewhere? She left the university as a failure.

Phyolea remained in Zeltiva for a while. However, things only got worse as time progressed. The Denvali were crushed. The city received new leadership. Phyolea was as powerless as ever. Dejected, Phyolea left the university and headed back toward Charbosi.

Phyolea realized she had been silent for a while. She could not go home and face her friends and family. She could not go back to the university. Word in the sea was that the bay in which she formerly lived was about to freeze over from the Bonecrusher winds. Perhaps she came here to beg to be reunited with her lost friends and loved ones. Perhaps she sought more knowledge. How was this balance? It seemed in her world that there was more death than life. But how would she answer the woman before her?

"I've come... to find purpose." It was the best she could do for all of her contemplations. She didn't dare seek audience with the goddess herself. However, she knew that this was the only place for her to be. If she would cease to be, it would also be here. Suddenly, an idea occurred to her. "Do you have a library?" she inquired.
Phyolea
Quicksilver

Words: 42951
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2013, 9:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Traverse on December 20th, 2014, 6:38 pm

It was clear to Jaleryn, even before Phyolea spoke that it was purpose she sought, the long pause in contemplation enough time for the woman to study the aquatic female for a long moment. Many came to Dira's Isle for just that, something about learning more intimately about death, or simply being near it giving some people a meaning they hadn't before found in life.

To her first statement, Jaleryn nodded, to her question the woman frowned slightly. "We do not have a library here on the island. There is a small strange collection of books for sale in the place where they print the Bleak Heights Paper, you passed the door on your way up here from the docks I imagine. I know Sharness is looking for scribes or artists to help with the paper if that was what you were looking for." She searched the strange solid colored eyes of the Chardoa, trying to discern the job and task that would fit her best.
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Phyolea on December 21st, 2014, 4:47 am

Phyolea's heart began to sink when she heard there was no library. She would not be able to peruse a large number of tomes as she had done in Zeltiva. However, Phyolea's disappointment was short lived when she heard Jaleryn continue. "There is a small strange collection of books for sale in the place where they print the Bleak Heights Paper, you passed the door on your way up here from the docks I imagine." Strange collection of books? What kind of books? Would they give her the answers she sought? Why had she not paid more attention to her surroundings as Porter talked to her along the way? "I know Sharness is looking for scribes or artists to help with the paper if that was what you were looking for."

Phyolea's smile had grown wide. It was as if she found some gilded kelp or a vessel of sunken treasure. She could earn a wage to purchase some of these mysterious tomes and keep them for herself! However, would this Sharness have her? Certainly she had become quite familiar with the Common tongue while she lived in Zeltiva. She had been a singer for this place called World's End Grotto. That had certainly been a feat in itself. Common simply did not sound like Char. She even devised her own song for her consolation's sake. Yet she had nothing to show of these accomplishments. She had never been able to write them down.

Phyolea remembered the scribes she had seen in Zeltiva. Ohh how she had envied them. They had access to all that knowledge. They were paid handsomely to help create some of the tomes that became part of Zeltiva's academic environment. Now she could be one too. "Scribe?" Phyolea finally exclaimed. They were even looking for artists! Phyolea had only the experiences of her youth, but she loved art! However, being a scribe drew her more.

"I can be a scribe?!" Phyolea appeared to forget that this was for a newspaper. The scribes of Zeltiva made a clear image in her mind. "I would love to learn from this... Sharness?" A finely garbed hu-man came to mind. "Please may I be a scribe? I shall do my best!" Phyolea was getting ahead of herself with excitement.
Phyolea
Quicksilver

Words: 42951
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2013, 9:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Traverse on December 23rd, 2014, 3:35 pm

If Jaleryn had known that Phoylea's mind was attributing the scribe work at Bleak Heights Paper to the libraries in Zeltiva, she might have given the woman a friendly word of caution. As it was she saw the Charoda's excitement and gave a warm smile, sifting through the neat stacks of paperwork to begin filling out Phyolea's newly found job for filing and pay later.

"The scribe work will be copying articles, poetry, songs, etc on multiple sheets of paper which are made in the shop and sold and posted around Black Rock. I know Sharness and Nikkal have their hands full and will surely welcome the help. I'm sure they'd even be open to you writing your own articles for the paper." She smiled. "I hope you find what you seek here Phyolea, and look forward to seeing the next addition of Bleak Heights."

There was a pause before a lilting voice reached around a corner of the office. "Jaleryn, there's a Mr. Dagsaw here, says you are almost done drawing up his will?" Jaleryn gave an apologetic smile.

"Yes, of course, Vesta, show him in." Two ghosts, one female, and one an elderly male rounded the corner with intent, and thus marked the end of Phyolea's appointment in the Administration Office.

Just as she was turning to go, Jaleryn called out. "I'm sorry Miss, I almost forgot. If you're looking for a place to stay, ask a Cicerone, the women and men in the black cloaks to take you to the Eastern Bay, the Charodae there will surely have a place for you to rest when walking on land grows too tiresome for you." And then she returned to her duties.

Experience:

• Investigation 1
  • Land Navigation 1
  • Observation 2
  • Socialization 2

Lore:

• Jaleryn and Vesta Run the Administration Office
  • Sharness and Nikkal run Bleak Heights Paper
  • Becoming a Scribe at Bleak Heights Paper
  • Other Charodae Reside in the Eastern Bay
  • Cicerones: People in Black Cloaks

Additional Notes: Your new job as Scribe has been noted in your SS, if you ever want to change that, say become an artist for the paper, or what have you, let me know. Have fun with your new job, and we'll get some housing sorted out for Phyolea pronto :)

-Traverse
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Savacea Jovellana on July 17th, 2015, 7:33 pm

15th, Summer 515AV

Savacea left the Dormitories after securing lodging there for the Summer Season, it wasn't anything grand, but it would do for now. The proprietor there told her that the Administration could help with securing her a job, and pointed in the direction of where it was located. The next priority on her mental check list, was securing a job. She walked down the street, warm air kissing her skin, as she went by Dira's Spire. It was an interesting piece of architecture, but Savacea just did not understand it or knew what the point of it was. She shrugged her shoulders softly, and saw an administration office. There were steps carved into the rocky peak, going down to a door that looked rather old. Savacea walked down the stone steps cautiously, and opened the door. Upon walking in she looked at an enormous desk, that had a young looking woman with milky white skin, and beautiful burgundy hair that made her eyes light up. To the right of her, she saw cloaked figures, one started to guide a ghostly figure out of the office. Savacea thought this a bit strange, but kept that to herself, as she approached the woman at the desk.

“Can I be of assistant to you?” the woman's voice sounded professional and in command, as she looked Savacea up and down in curiosity. Before she could reply to the woman, another appeared at the desk, a ghostly woman that still held her beauty in the after life. Savacea was not sure if she was ever going to get used to being around so many undead, but thought they were better then the living, in more then one way. She reached up, pulling her hair behind her ear, nodding to the woman.

“I was looking for a job, and thought you could perhaps direct me as to where a Poison Crafter could obtain a job?” Savacea asked the woman, composing herself and trying to act as professional as possible. Her Symenos accent laced around her words, mixing with the common tongue and coming out a bit eerie, maybe even a little strange.

The woman nodded her head a bit, and shuffled through some folders as she looked for a job that would be best suited to Savacea. At least she hoped that was what she was doing, and not about to refuse helping her. Not many people liked the Symenestra, and Savacea could not really blame them. The Harvest was something that she herself did not agree too. Sacrificing an innocent life, for your own selfish goals and needs, seemed to be against the God her race worshiped. Savacea inhaled slightly, and exhaled slowly, preparing herself for the rejection that she thought was definitely coming, as she patiently waited for the woman to respond to her request.

As she began to look through some files, Savacea looked over at the other woman, who was looking at her as well. Savacea held back blushing, but looked away feeling as if her stares was a little rude. She knew the island was haunting looking from the boat, and the sailors told tales of the ghosts, but she did not believe it. Not really, until she stepped foot off the boat and saw it for herself. If she was the girl she used to be, she would of never came here, she would also be running away screaming in fear. Fear just wasn't an emotion she could afford to feel anymore, so she looked away from the beautiful ghostly figure, and back over to some people in hooded cloaks, conversing with one another, as one left to lead a human this time out of the door. Savacea was curious as to what they were doing exactly. Thoughts of what it was ran through her head, maybe they were leading the humans to their death, the ghosts to the next life. The Symenestra thought, but that seemed to be a bit cruel, and the people on the island seemed to be mostly friendly from what she had seen.

Savacea sighed and looked over at the lovely woman with the hair of a dark sunset. It did remind her of a sunset, when the sun is about to disappear and a dark red shimmers to the surface, that was the color of the woman's hair. She felt a bit envious at the beautiful color, although on Savacea it would never look right. She rather was fond of her long, curly black locks. She smirked a bit and looked up, and was a bit taken aback at the ghostly figures swirling above her head. She frowned a bit at that, and looked down at the floor, trying to clear her thoughts, so she could be prepared to answer the kind, though professional looking, woman before her. Savacea had to force herself to stop observing the place around her, or she would not be prepared with a reply when the woman told her no.

Savacea Jovellana
Poisonous Dancer

Words: 239118
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2015, 11:11 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Traverse on July 20th, 2015, 2:54 pm

Jaleryn finally found the pieces of parchment she was looking for, Mook was quite organized and good about getting employment paper's to the office, Jaleryn, however, had a good deal more things to handle, and often lost track of individual business papers.

When she finally looked up at the pale woman in front of her, she caught sight of Vesta, simply staring rather pointedly at her, obviously making the newcomer nervous.

"I apologize, its been a busy day in the office, and i've clearly forgotten my manners. I am Jaleryn, and this ghostly apparition is Vesta. We don't normally get Symenestra upon Dira's Isle, so she is just...admiring you."

Vesta shrugged. "I don't mean to stare, so I apologize."

"Good to see you are not quite as much of an oaf as you appear, Vesta."

The ghost stuck her tonque out at Jaleryn, then ferried two other ghosts off into the back to discuss something, giving a small wave and smile to Savacea. Jaleryn cleared her throat. "Well, we can get right down to business then. Tokia's Tonic's which is located on the edge of the Eastern Bay is an herbalism shop, but I suspect if you are willing to fetch plants and help Tokia and Mook around the shop they would be willing for you to practice your poison crafting, I believe Tokia knows a thing or two about the trade herself. She is a Myrian, but the racial prejudices of Falyndar stop here, and I do not think Tokia too fussy either, if you have no qualms with such an arrangement."

She looked up at Savacea. "Does all of this sound amenable to you?"
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Savacea Jovellana on July 20th, 2015, 6:02 pm

The woman with the burgundy hair looked up and apologized for the ghostly woman's behavior and introduced herself as well as the ghost. Savacea nodded at the explanation, "I understand, I was also staring too it seems, never seen a ghost before coming to Black Rock. Savacea watched with mild interest at the exchange between Jaleryn and Vesta, they seemed to be fond of each other, even when bickering. Savacea figured they had been working together for awhile, and had built some form of companionship with one another. She could not help but wonder how it was possible with Vesta being a ghost, though she supposed she would learn as ghosts were all over the island.

She brought her red eyes back to Jaleryn as she spoke about a Herbalism shop. She made a mental note of Eastern Bay, so she would not become too lost in the rocky exterior of Black Rock, as well as the creeping fog. She was excited to be able to make poison's there, especially when this Tokia lady seemed to know a little about the craft herself. Jaleryn mentioned her being a Myrian, Savacea had heard tales of them, but has never met one nor really knew anything factual about the race, nor did she know much about the racial prejudices of Falyndar as she usually kept out of such things. It was of no matter, as the woman said it all stopped here so she had no worries about such matters at the time being. She looked up at Savacea asking if it all sounded amenable to her.

She paused for only a moment before nodding her head, "Yes the arrangement sounds quite lovely, thank you for your assistance Miss Jaleryn." Savacea said softly, giving the lady a half smiled. "Do I just go to Tokia's then? Or is there something else we need to discuss?" This came out a bit more impatiently then she had really meant for it to, she trained her face to be calm though she was really excited and ready to start work as soon as possible. She had to save up enough money to accomplish her goals. She stopped her body from moving, as she noticed she was inching towards the door, she looked back at Jaleryn for her answer, she was trying desperately not to be rude, so she made her face smile although she did not particular like to do so. She hoped that it did not look too crazy of a smile, as she rarely did so, but she put it on her face anyway as she awaited for the response, as patiently as she could.

Savacea Jovellana
Poisonous Dancer

Words: 239118
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2015, 11:11 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Traverse on July 24th, 2015, 1:24 pm

If Jaleryn noticed any impatience in Savacea's tone, her face did not show it as she organized a few more stacks of papers and glanced up at the Symenstra already scooting herself out of the door.

"No, if you are all set, I will have this filed away shortly. Just outside the office, the individuals in black cloaks outside, they are Cicerone's, if you ask one of them they will be more than happy to walk you down to the Eastern Bay and take you right to the shop, I hope you enjoy your time here on Black Rock." She gave a small smile, then turned back to her paperwork.

And Savacea now had her place to live as well as her job.

Savacea

Experience:

• Investigation 1
  • Observation 2
  • Socialization 1

Lores:

• Jaleryn and Vesta: Entities in Charge of the Administration Office
  • Cicerone: Black Rock's Guides
  • Becoming Employed at Tokia's Tonics

Additional Notes :
I have made up a Storyteller Secret thread with your job of a Poisoncrafter with a pay of 7 GM per day, the link can be found here. Once you'v ecopy and pasted that into your profile, you'll be good to go!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous