Location [Riverfall] The Citizenship, Housing, and Labor Aid Office

If one seeks citizenship, housing, and work in Riverfall, a guest or visitor must apply here first.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Riverfall] The Citizenship, Housing, and Labor Aid Office

Postby Persa on December 1st, 2015, 7:45 pm

Persa

Day 3, Winter, 515 AV

This is the first day of Persa in this new city, Riverfall. Upon the day of her arrival, she was informed by
a citizen that since she is new she will soon have to visit the labor aid office. "Bureacracy" was the first thing that came to her mind when she heard it. From her experience back in Eypharian lands, she acknowelges that even the most smallest settlement needs to be encompassed withing some ruling authority in order to be governed with decency. Unruly peasants would quickly grow to be rebellious and restless, preffering to fulfil their needs separately, giving some meaning to their miserable lifes, instead of working collectively for their princes and nobles. Yes, to Persa's eyes Cuphrys people were something to be looked down on, something inferious, that under normal circumstances they would be subjects and amenable to the Eypharian ruling class.

She woke up, she get dressed and she goes to the labor aid office. Although she didnt know where exactly is located, she asked some commoners and they showed her the way. Upon entering the building she keeps a low profile, avoiding eye contact with everyone. She doesnt know the temperament and the mindset of those people, even a simple eye contact could be misenterpreted as hostile or an invitation for something more intimate. With all those blue macho guys overpopulating this city, that could be more than possible..

There was a sparse queue to the labor office so she didnt had to wait long. When it was her time she approached the office and was greeted by -what a suprise- another blue bulky person.

A humble "Please fill out the following..." is all he says. When she was young, it was expected from anyone addresing her to at least do a proper curtsey and talk with some sense of respect and humility. She takes the form and stands aside to complete it.

Name:
Persa
Race:
Mixed Human (Half Benshira, Half Eypharian)
Relevant Skill:
stealth, seduction, persuasion, dancing, disguise
Preferred Employment:
Thievery, dance performer,(or even both!) entertainment sector
Expected Stay In Riverfall:
Indefinite
Important OOC Statement: My English are not good. That means that everyone wishing to rp with me should be able to put up with grammar mistakes. I may or may not rp up to your expectations. I am not perfect and never will be.
Persa
Player

Words: 15764
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2015, 12:17 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Eldrid on December 3rd, 2015, 12:54 pm

3rd Winter 515 AV

With her horse freshly stabled Eldrid fluttered through Riverfall, enjoying the sensation of flight after such a long journey. She needed to find some way of paying her rents for the duration of her stay in Riverfall. As such, she was headed to the Labour Aid office.

She landed gracefully at the entrance to the office, still feeling quit intimidated by the city. She could not quite believe slavery was legal in such a place, then again, it was legal in many places. Eldrid entered the building with agonizing slowness on account of her form not being made for land. She approached the two Akalak men at the desk of the office.
"I'm sorry to intrude, but I have heard this is where I should apply for a job?"
She stated, partly as a question. When she was asked to fill out a specific form she was glad to know she had at least reached the right place.

She took a seat at one of the chairs with a pen and began filling out the form, not entirely sure what the pair would make of her pitiful skill set.

Name: Eldrid
Race: Akvatari
Relevant Skills:
  • Drawing skills
  • Writing skills
  • Minor painting skills
Preferred Employment: Something in the cultural sphere such as at the academy art gallery or library.
Expected Stay In Riverfall: A few weeks barring any unforeseen events.

She lifted herself up on her tail once more and slid slowly over to the counter. With a nervous smile she handed them the form, hoping she could at least find some work. Malin inspected the form briefly before he began writing down some details in his records,
"There is an opening at the Valkalah Academy's Chevan Art Gallery performing a range of tasks related to the exhibitions."
He replied with a smile. Eldrid nodded with relief, glad that she would be working in a familiar field before she departed.
Last edited by Eldrid on December 8th, 2015, 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eldrid
Player

Words: 42824
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2015, 1:36 pm
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Orabelle Deepseeker on December 5th, 2015, 5:36 pm

Orabelle could not simply remember the last time she was here. But what does remember is her first day working with Rosela. The eypharian was both spectacular on the inside and out. Orabelle envied the woman's figure, her glowing skin- everything. Rosela was so warm and welcoming, Orabelle thought they would be friends for forever. But of course, that did not happen. Orabelle ended up disappearing and abandoning Rosela when.... when certain things began to happen that she could not simply deal with. She didn't mean to abandon her good friend Rosela and if she could see her now, Orabelle would apologize for everything. She truly would.

But from what she's heard, Rosela was not exactly around. Her shop was temporarily closed, maybe- she was assuming. Where she had gone, no one could really tell her but Orabelle wished her the best of luck.

Anyway, she walked in giving the person at the front desk a slight smile before taking an application, standing to the side and looking at it as she tried to think of the skills she had mastered.

Truthfully, there was not a lot she was very good at. Hopefully she could get herself a job.

Name: Orabelle Deepseeker
Race: Mixed Blood
Relevant Skills: Cosmetology, Swimming (novice) , sailing (novice)
Preferred Employment: N/A
Expected Stay In Riverfall: A very long time...

When she was done, Orabelle turned the form in and walked out.
Fratavan|Common|Thoughts

"A Svefra never goes back on their word... never."
Orabelle Deepseeker
Nobody Special

Words: 107184
Joined roleplay: December 26th, 2013, 6:23 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tara re Ahnatep on December 6th, 2015, 2:29 am

Tara knew Riverfall was a center of scholarship, and couldn't wait to apply for a chance to participate in this part of the city's life.

She got turned around once or twice, but the labor office was near the docks where she'd arrived. After asking for directions a few times, she found the office and entered.

Malin & Malix was in the office. She greeted him and began explaining her interests. She wasn't sure yet if her pheromones would have any effect at all on an Akalak, but like the officer who greeted her at the docks he looked like he kept in shape to defend the city at a moment's notice.

"I'd like to find a job teaching - I have some skill in that area since i taught history to children in my home city. I'm interested in other subjects, too, and I want to keep learning about history, religion, philosophy, politics, law..."

She wondered if any of this sounded reasonable. She was still learning, herself, and hoped to become much more knowledgeable someday in all those areas.

"For housing, something simple but clean would be wonderful, and near my work if possible. Maybe Nia's boarding house - I've heard it's centrally located, and not far from the Academy I'll be spending my time here learning as much as I can."

Malix nodded and handed her forms for employment and housing. She completed them while chatting with Malin about her interests and the culture of Riverfall.

Labor assistance form
Name: Tara re Ahnatep
Race: Eypharian
Relevant Skills: Teaching, History, Politics, Law
Preferred Employment: Teacher, or other related to her skills. (Or to philosophy, religion)
Expected Stay In Riverfall: At least a season, possibly longer

Housing form
Name: Tara re Ahnatep
Type Of Building Looking For: Would prefer Nia's Boarding House - looking for something Tara can afford, centrally located. (Near Towers of Makutsi and Zulrav, and Valkalah Academy, would be great if studying or working there. Maybe Windswept Condos, if she were working at the Antiquities Society.)
Size: Small is fine
Condition: Common? As a student, just something modest and neatly maintained is fine
Expected Stay In Riverfall: At least a season, possibly longer
Tara re Ahnatep
Player

Words: 4516
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2015, 3:39 am
Character sheet

Postby Kaie on December 21st, 2015, 4:27 am

Gods did she hate this part of residing temporarily in any city!

By now she knew the drill regardless of the new place, its people, and its starkly contrasting cultures. Somewhere in the barbarian area there was one building specifically designed to keep track of the employed citizens. The lines were debilitating for an impatient Myrian such as she, but no longer was she the child that griped and muttered a plethora of curses beneath her breath with an ever-tapping foot. Instead she waited her turn with arms crossed, amber eyes wandering about the room while she silently played the macabre game of "how many different ways can I find to kill myself in this room before it's my turn?" Childish, but at least it was immature within the privacy of her own head. Soon enough she'd gotten to the desk, stated her business, and the attendant passed her the necessary forms to be completed. Being illiterate was always quite the burden, but at least this time around she had the godsgiven help from Godiva's Refuge to aid her. Within a few bells she returned with the forms filled out by a different hand in proper Tukant:

Name: Kaie
Race: Myrian
Relevant Skills: Unarmed combat, gladius, wilderness survival, tactics
Preferred Employment: Sellsword (if not appropriate in Riverfall, then perhaps hunter)
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Several seasons

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kiva on December 24th, 2015, 7:11 am

1st of Winter, 515 A.V
Labor Aid Office

Kiva had been in the office for some time, so when it was her turn, she moved to the desk, fairly confident in how the process worked. The Akalak behind the counter asked her business, and in her most level common, she replied, "Labor."

He nodded, sliding a form to her, and she began to read over its contents. Was this it? Was this all she needed to do and she'd have a job? Kiva quirked an eyebrow, questioning Riverfall's methods and slide into a chair. Grabbing a quill, Kiva went down the list.

Immediately, the first question made her tense. Since leaving Taloba, it seemed everyone viewed her kind as monsters. It was fear, and well deserved. But Kiva disliked knowing it could make her choice of jobs slim. She wrote down her answer honestly. How could she deny being a child of Myri?

Name: Kiva of The Crimson Sun
Relevant Skills: Tracking, Herbalism, Botany, Fishing, Organization, Planning, Animal Husbandry
Preferred Employment: No preference.
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Another season, maybe more.

Kiva wasn't sure what she wanted in terms of employment. She had enjoyed working at Tokia's Tonics in Black Rock, but she didn't know what was possible here. As long as it wasn't a whore, she would likely accept. Trying to justify her messy common, she stood up and got back in line. Now it was time to wait... again.
★★★
ImageImage
Kiva
Player

Words: 225555
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2015, 7:34 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Payle Hazrad on May 8th, 2016, 4:10 am

The structure stood before him bore vast difference with structure in Zeltiva. He looked to the domed structure made of stone, a little bit plain and small compared to governmental office he knew. He was the only one who walked towards the building. No blue, or green or purple skinned warrior around the structure.

Inside, he also got the vice of plainness and simplicity, judging by the minimal furniture. In fact the only furniture there was a large oak desk. One glance and he knew it was designed for Akalak. Behind the desk, a muscular Akalak eyed him from the entrance. He didn't smile, but talked in a deep voice when Payle approach.

"Welcome, what can I help you with?" Thank God, he spoke common.

"I'm looking for housing, and occupation. People at the port told me to come here. Can you help me with that?"

The Akalak nodded. "Please fill the following."

Payle receive the two form and fill it eagerly.

Name: Payle
Race: Human
Relevant Skills: Morphing (Competent), Acrobatics (Novice), Persuasion (Novice), Negotiation (Novice), Rhetoric (Novice).
Preferred Employment: Anything related to Morphing. If there is none, shopkeeper is good.
Expected Stay In Riverfall: More than a season. Undecided.

Name: Payle
Type Of Building Looking For: Anything available, but certainly not something extravagant. The lower the price the better.
Size: Standard size.
Condition: Common.
Expected Stay In Riverfall: More than a season. Undecided.

He handed back the form to the Akalak and waited as he read through his papers.

Payle Hazrad
Player

Words: 4485
Joined roleplay: May 7th, 2016, 6:10 pm

Postby Karin on May 23rd, 2016, 3:30 pm

OOC :
I have already got approval from Goss for this job in my SS thread!

50th Spring, 516 AV

It was difficult to know what it was about Riverfall that Karin so liked, but she knew that she was staying, despite the Mischief's continued presence at the docks. She didn't know where she would live, yet. Probably an inn if she could find one, or maybe renting a house, if she could afford it. But that wasn't why she was outside the small building of the Citizenship, Housing and Labor Aid Office that morning. No, she needed a job, and she knew which one she wanted. Having spoken to someone down at the dock, she'd been reliably informed where she needed to apply- here.

She pushed open the door, looking around with interest. It was simple, but elegant. Her gaze was drawn immediately to the green, (interesting) Akalak who sat at the desk at the center. He seemed rather relaxed, and the place was quiet, early as it was. The girl walked up to the desk, wondering as she did what to say.

"Are you here for a citizenship form, or a job- or perhaps both?" The man was soft-spoken, and she found herself speaking quietly too. "Aah.. a job form please."
"Please fill out the following..." A piece of paper was pushed across the desk, and Karin looked at it with a mild feeling of dread. Thankfully, there wasn't too much writing or reading to do, and it was easy to fill out. She scribbled in silence, and pushed the form back across the desk.

Name: Karin,
Race: Svefra, Human,
Relevant Skills: Carpentry, woodcarving,
Preferred Employment: Shipwright,
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Unknown.

As she submitted the form, the Akalak took it, and Karin spoke up. "I, uh... I saw a shipwright down at the docks, I've come from the Mischief you see, and perhaps there would be a space there for me to be an apprentice?"

He nodded, somewhat taken aback at her submission to the 'conversation'. "Yes, the Wavemaster's Shipwrighting. Speak to Picalum/Harplen Kanan, the owner." She nodded in return, already knowing the name of the place, having passed it numerous times the previous day to check it out. "Thank you." She stood up, tucking the bench back in behind her, and exited the cool building to the fresh air of the day outside.

10/7/17- All my threads are marked [open] and as such are open to all. :)
Karin
Ocean gazing

Words: 384298
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 10:05 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Rhodri on April 3rd, 2017, 2:06 am

4th of Spring 517
10th Bell

It had been only a short time since Rhodri had entered the city of Riverfall. He had seen an instant hierarchy to the large city and it was one that he did not understand. The Eypharian found that the prospect of submitting himself to some of the laws of a lesser race turned his insides. Still, if his journey to reach the Akalak capital had taught him anything it was that gaining power was no easy task. Life back in the desert had been sheltered and orchestrated to a point that Rhodri and his peers were blissfully unaware of how charmed their lives truly were. With a scowl on his face, the Eypharian marched through the doors of the Labor Aid office-a building that took him four days and five Mizas to find.

A kindly store owner who spoke Common was gracious enough to see the lost giant wondering around and offered to help...for a price. Rhodri withheld for some time but realized he needed to find work so that he could gain an income. The stranger was asking for a small fee but Rhodri made a very clear threat that should he be deceived, the shop owner would be very -very- sorry. As it turns out, the woman was true to her word and the arrogant desert aristocrat now found himself studying the line of people as he waited to apply for a mundane existence.

Time passed slowly when one was forced to wait amongst the stench of every man’s rabble. The Eypharian felt sick more than once as body odor and bad breath permeated the simple lobby. Several times, the dark brown eyes drifted up the stairs and wondered why such a large building was held for such a small task as assigning work. Clearly the man at the desk was all that was needed. As Rhodri neared his turn, he caught wind of a word used several times; kuvan. He began to eavesdrop more carefully as his eyes took in various other aspects of the seemingly dull architecture. The man directly in front of Rhodri was a short human who spoke Common like a camel chewing on garbage. Despite this inherent lack of a proper upbringing, the fellow discussed the Kuvan concept at length with the secretary. The blue man explained that it was citizenship and a way to obtain rights in the city. All one had to do was defend himself properly in the dojo upstairs. For the first time in a week, the exile felt a sense of relief. He could certainly fight.

Taking his turn at the desk, he watched as the papers were pushed towards him by the big blue brute. Feigning a smile, Rhodri bent down and began to fill them out in accordance to his wishes and their protocol.

Kuvan Citizenship Form:
Name: Rhodri de Ahnetep
Competency In: Aclis
Employment: To be decided
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Undecided, many seasons at least

Labor Assistance Form:
Name: Rhodri de Ahnetep
Relevant Skills: Jewelcrafting, Bodybuilding
Preferred Employment: Physical training, Jewelcrafting
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Undecided, many seasons at least

Rhodri pushed his forms back across the desk with another forced look of pleasantness. “Here you are, sir.” His face conveyed no ill will or lack of respect but his guts were twisting at having to reduce himself to this… to getting a job.
I have six arms and one brain.
If you only have two arms, what does that say about your ability to think?
Keep your teeth together and do as your betters command.
- Eypharian Logic-
Rhodri
Perpetual Improvement

Words: 111934
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2017, 4:37 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Claire Lexi'lya on April 17th, 2017, 11:34 pm

8th Bell | 2nd Spring, 517 A.V.

Riverfall was a wondrous city, but terribly difficult for the Kelvic to navigate. Alvadas was not easier per say, but if one wandered long enough they could find their destination. Things were not so simple with this city. It might have been mildly embarrassing to admit how long it took for her to find the Labor office—even with the assistance of several Akalak pointing the way. As Claire pushed the heavy door open, she squinted as her eyes tried to adjust to the light difference. Syna had just risen, but she had yet to spread her rays to certain areas of the city. The room seemed infinitely darker than it was outside.

The desk that sat in the middle of the room seemed like an obvious place to start, so she approached it and the Akalak male seated behind it. She had only seen another of this race before yesterday, and it had been in passing on the streets of her former home. They were still so much larger than she was—even nearly two years later. Before she could even reach the desk however, the man glanced up before giving her a small smile.

“Are you here for housing, or citizenship?” He seemed pleasant enough. The raptor smiled lightly before stopping at the edge of the desk. “Housing for sure… and a job too. But I’m not sure about citizenship yet.” He seeme unfazed by her response. He easily shifted several papers around before passing them to her. “Please fill out the following then.” Tilting her head, Claire took in the questions listed on the paperwork… nothing terribly difficult to answer.

Name: Claire Lexi’lya
Race: Kelvic
Relevant Skills: Healing gnosis, medicine, herbalism
Preferred Employment: Healer or Doctor’s Assistant
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Several seasons, maybe permanent

Name: Claire Lexi’lya
Type Of Building Looking For: Anything not buried underground
Size: Small is decent
Condition: Clean, does not need to be new
Expected Stay In Riverfall: Several seasons

After examining her penmanship to ensure that everything looked correct, Claire smiled and handed back the paperwork to the Akalak. “I think that’s everything you need.”

Common | Isur
Claire Lexi'lya
Player

Words: 129965
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2016, 3:06 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext