Solo A Day of Moping and Sewing

Drusilla fixes Turrin's pants (again) and makes a pattern for a doll

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

A Day of Moping and Sewing

Postby Drusilla on July 15th, 2015, 1:28 pm

35th of Summer 515AV

Miserable. She was miserable. No misery was much too gentle of a description for what she was feeling. Dealing with spells of morning sickness, utter exhaustion, one of the people dearest to her hated her no doubt, and she was carrying that person's child. No miserable would not suffice for how she felt. Turning over on her bed, Drusilla groaned. Maybe she could just curl up and fall asleep forever. Wasn't there a child's story about something like that? The Symenestra racked her brain trying to remember the story, but as hard as she tried she couldn't remember. It didn't matter anyway...

A knock on her door got her attention. Turrin was heading to the Weather for a bit. Drusilla found herself too tired to answer back. "Tch..." was her reply to his comment about her dying. She rolled her eyes, death would be a blessing right now the Spider thought to herself with a sigh. But that was unlikely to happen.

Hearing the door of the Aeries closes she tossed the blankets off of her. Although she just wanted to lay in bed and mope, being a waste of space didn't help anything. She'd have to find something to do to pass the time to make the day go by quicker. Drusilla didn't bother with getting dressed before leaving her room and making her way to Turrin's.

Once in the Endal's room she looked through his clothes, and as she had expected a good portion of his pants were in some shape or form ripped and torn. What in the gods names was he doing to his pants?! "I just mended this pair.... That one too... This makes three..." Drusilla gave up counting how many had been fixed. In fact she gave up sorting the clothes and simply took armfuls back to her room. If they didn't need attention, they'd be refolded and set aside. However, Drusilla doubted that would be the case with many if any at all.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Words: 272571
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 6:55 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Drusilla on July 17th, 2015, 4:50 pm

Unloading her armful of tattered clothes Drusilla went to fetch her sewing box. Bringing the sewing box back to her bed where the mountain of clothes sat waiting repairs something caught her eye and she tried to ignore it, the cage. She quickly turned away from it and attempted to start sorting the clothes. Three categories were made Fine: which needed no mending, Fixable: the clothes could be mended, and last Rags: they were beyond repair.

The first few were in fairly good shape, "Fine, fixable, fixable..... Wha-?" She held out a pair of pants or what had once been pants. Drusilla grimaced at the sight. "Rags, most definitely rags...." She placed the monstrosity aside and continued on through the pile. Glancing around her eyes fell on the cage again and for some reason, she couldn't look away.

Didn't I take good care of you? Was I not good enough? Is that why you hate me and this child? Because I didn't do a good enough job? Or maybe I didn't stand up for you enough? I... I...

The Symenestra gave a sigh and noticed her vision had gone blurry. "Dumb bat," she whispered to herself and wiped her eyes with her arm. Gods, why did she get so attached to that furry winged rodent? Why? Her sadness slowly was turning to anger and boiling over. Drusilla attempted to return to sorting the pant that lay on her bed. "Fine, fixable, fixable, fixable, rags, rags, and more petching rags!" Grabbing a fistful of the rags she through them at the cage and it fell to the floor with a clatter along with the sheet that covered it and the little bowl that once held water for the little bat. For some reason Drusilla found the noise of the cage toppling to the floor pleasant, calming in a way. Sure, she'd pick it up later and set it up once again.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Drusilla on July 30th, 2015, 7:30 pm

With the piles now sorted in front of her, Drusilla could begin re-fixing the pants that she had already fixed late spring. What did Turrin do to these pants? She was beginning to think that this was being purposely done, as none has consistent rips or tears that would clue her in on what activity was ripping them. This one's sides needed fixing, that one needed the hems fixed, a third had a rip in the groin area, a forth had been sewn with regular thread a rookie mistake with leather pants.

Knowing that untreated thread ate right through leather was something Drusilla taught Lyerd and any Yasi she had right away. So the tailor wasn't someone she had trained. Leather required thread coated with wax or waxed thread. The wax kept the thread from eating through the leather and making a mess of things. But this pair of pants wasn't too far gone. Drusilla would have to talk to the other Avora and Chiet about this mess up, so that no one else would end up with ruined pants. "Must have been someone's apprentice..." Drusilla muttered to herself as she began fixing all the non-leather pants.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Dravite on January 10th, 2016, 3:13 am

G R A D E S

Drusilla

Experience

• Organisation: 2
  • Observation: 2
  • Sewing: 1
  • Planning: 1

Lore

• Dealing with morning sickness
  • Sewing: Unthreading old work
  • Sewing: Wax thread with leather

Notes

Very short threat, nice break from all the long ones I'd done lately! Enjoy the rewards.
Dravite
Ra’athi of The Watch Troha to Tavehk

Words: 775240
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2015, 12:38 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
2015 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)