Closed [S.W.I. Office] Noir

(Evalin)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[S.W.I. Office] Noir

Postby Fallon on April 27th, 2015, 8:53 pm

58th Spring 515 AV
Approximately the 18th Bell

"You're so dark, so mysterious. So deep and bitter. I love the taste of you upon my lips, the way your heat rolls down my throat. I love how you warm me, how you fill me up and do so much more than simply just satisfy. How you make me crave and desire you so much," sucking in the air, her lips gave a tremble, "How I adore you, and just..." Fallon smiled then, lost in the rich brown surface that seemed to almost ripple in the light of the oil lantern. It was perhaps then only a dither of laughter escaping her throat. Deftly she reached, fingers entwining along the body, feeling the warms tremble off the surface, until at last hoisted and drunk from. She indulged it.

The tea was delicious‏.

With a hearty sigh she leaned back into her office chair, thumb rubbing along the rim of her cup, her eyes looking through the office window, the street below barely lit with the internal lights casting and ochre glow against the darkness in slits. The air was still, if slightly warm, the lingering scent of tobacco smoke stroking at her senses - sweeter than most brands but very much there. The wood of her chair gave a groan, a lowering of the cup as she simply enjoyed the moment - quiet, simply allowed to enjoy and focus upon the paperwork that she needed to be done. If it could be even called that now, it was more the process of simply reading through it and signing it off - she had done what she could for now. With a turn, her gaze moved once more - firstly to the closed office door, and then to the coat hook that sat beside it, from there the small soft furnishings, chairs for guests to take a seat in, the simple pieces of equipment to make working that bit easier. Somewhere beyond she could hear the faint hum of music, those distinct plucking of chords from some tavern echoing out and being carried upon the wind - the World's End perhaps? She did not dally her thoughts upon it for too long.

After another long sip she lowered her cup gaze turning to the small brazier in which she balance her still warm kettle upon. Her lips gave only another curl, her voice purring as she looked down to the papers, her script forced to be neat on such on occasion, "It was a quiet night, just like any other," she picked one up, lifting it to the light as she heard the faint pattering of rain beginning to fall and grow steadily heavier. She breathed, "The rain was coming down like all the Eths' decided to jump at the same time and the wind gave it's whistling haunt." She turned the sheet over, glancing briefly down onto the back before placing it carefully to one side. Her bare fingers gave a trace, the windows steaming slightly from the warmer inside against the cooler outside, "It was Zeltiva alright, full of glamour and easy charm. Normal until you'd run into the right people with the right sort of money, they could pay for it. Of course, not everyone gets away with it, can't stay professional all the time with the five quarters looming about you. The Ancient, The Old, The Sailors, The Denvali and the East. Seems Zeltivans can't count though. Either way, they're all pulling their own strings for their own factions. Was the way it was supposed to be," she paused, taking up her cup then, eyes sweeping once more, "Least, until she walked in..." Fallon's eyes lifted then towards the door, expectantly almost and then sighed - a fools gambit to presume anyone would just walk in at that very instant.

Who in their right mind would come out in such bad weather anyway?
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[S.W.I. Office] Noir

Postby Evalin on April 28th, 2015, 3:25 pm

Fallon Noir :

The silence and peace of this rain filled night was punctuated by three distinct knocks, the sound echoing in the stillness, made all the louder by the lack of commotion from the world around. A pause then came, as if to punctuate the importance of the first three raps, followed then by three more softer knocks. The nob on the door jingled as someone on the other side tested to see if it were open, and if such were the case the door would swing wide slowly on its hinges, letting in the sound and smell of the Spring rains and the distant melody of the tavern.

In stepped a woman much like any other, yet unlike anyone else. Hair as black as raven feathers fell in straight locks down past her shoulders, sweeping from side to side as did her matching black dress wave as if in greeting and farewell all at once. Long legs found beneath such clothing were pale as leth's midnight face, a whisper of cloth coming as they moved and the patter of bare feet upon the hard wood floor of the office space. Black seemed to be the theme, for even as her skin was a pale as death itself, her nails were long and sharp, painted with the color of night itself. Then in stark contrast were two features that set themselves apart from the rest of this woman's attire. A gem, blue as the summer sky upon a silver chain, and eyes a deep crimson like that of blood fresh spilled.

"A well and good evening to you sir. I hope I have not disturbed you." Evalin smiled, showing her pointed teeth and elongated canines, "Are you the man I can turn to when I have need of... special services? Can you help me?" Leaning one arm against the frame of the door Evalin ran one hand up the side of the frame, her nails scraping softly against the wood as her eyes never left Fallon's for an instant.
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)

[S.W.I. Office] Noir

Postby Fallon on April 28th, 2015, 4:30 pm

"It's open," came the responding voice of Fallon to the knock upon the door. Her voice sighed the last part, her orbs flickering back up and around the room to the entrance, a slowed blink. Somewhere a chill began to seep in, hairs upon the back of her neck rising - anticipation perhaps? She did not quite know the sensation, but with it the pulse gave a gentle rise and a whisper in her ear purred - careful.

Nostrils gave a flare, orbs sharpening as the lithe form slid in from behind the door, eyes looking across and meeting - red, it was enough to set in the steady chilling sensation within her veins. But what did red belong to, dark hair, perhaps a Vantha? No the skin was far too pale to be of that kind, Fallon reasoned as her eyes glanced down to the feet - bare, the and the nails were of a similar situation. Lips gave the smallest of purses, wood groaning as she brought herself up into a polite stand a small lean across the table as she calculated her conclusions together for the moment - a Symestra perhaps? It seemed to be the current likely option. Fallon's head gave the smallest of tilts, holding a moment longer to the orbs and then pulling away. It was the left hand that moved the papers that remained there to one side - gathered neatly in a pile for inspection later. There was business to attend to, and that was how she had to work.

"Far from disturbed," Fallon continued. The rain was still falling outside, the humming background noise of the tavern somewhere beyond - cut short when the door clicked shut. She could still feel those eyes upon her as the woman rested there, intently peering - predator to prey almost. It was one of these women before her, Fallon reasoned in her mind, that served as black widows. Slowly drawing in the preferred gender - probably men - with a come-hither look and breathless voice; a lure in its simplest form. Until it was too late, having grown bored of the unsuspecting victim and thus dealt with them accordingly.

Fallon silenced her imagination before it ran away with her.

"Go on, sit in any chair you want to sit in," Fallon's hand gave merely a gesture to the two before the desk, the digits of left remaining poised over the desk surface, "Consider yourself my guest. We'll talk, have a drink, see what the service is and go from there." The right hand was the one to move then, tracing over the desk towards the ink vial and quill, the stopper thumbed as she eased herself back down into the chair - comfortable. There was a reminder to herself that this was her territory, there was no reason to allow herself to become agitated by this new face.

"Far from a sir though," her brow rose to the smile, least she thought it was meant to be a smile - whatever it was made her cock a brow, "Helping though, we'll have to see. Don't cater for all services. But some I can do." Her brow rose then, at last settling back upon the woman with a slow blink, "I'll guess you'll know who I am, why else would you be here otherwise. So who are you? Or should I just write you down as Madame Femme Fatale for now?"
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

[S.W.I. Office] Noir

Postby Evalin on April 30th, 2015, 8:08 pm

Evalin blinked in return to the woman's answer, and the smile faded a tick and broadened once more as a small laugh bubbled up from her chest, "Not a sir?"

Leaning up then from the door she came and ran her long nailed fingers over the backs of both chairs, choosing the one to the left and settled herself down with a comfortable ease like she was making herself at home in a dwelling she herself owned. Settling comfortably in the seat one pale leg would cross over the other, the nails of her feet clicking against the wood of the desk as she did, "If I am truthful it matters very little to me if you are a Sir or Madam yourself, but I would not pretend that such obvious tricks would sway a woman as easily as they would a man. So I will not insult you further, and let us talk as one woman to another."

Folding her arms over her chest Evalin raised one hand to gently tap her own cheek, examining Fallon more closely now, "As for me... Well child, just call me Evalin for now. I believe I have an offer that you will find impossible to ignore. You see I have come here specifically for you..." She let a silence for few ticks, now playing with the icy gem that hung around her neck as continued to smile in a not so pleasant way. At length, however, she continued, "Or should I say for someone in your life of work. Information, and knowledge are powerful things, and there are powerful people who wish to extend an invitation to you for your services."

Again Evalin fell silent, waiting and watching Fallon as she let her words sink in. "My employer is a man of wealth and repute and seeks to begin extending his reach outside of his already claimed ring of influence. He has given me the power to negotiate on his behalf, and extends his warmest greetings with a promise that you will be well compensated for your work. If you are interested then we shall speak further, but if not well..." Evalin shrugged, "There are other places we may turn to, but I admit that something about your quaint establishment has drawn my interest. Prefer I that this offer be extended to you and you alone than to some other, perhaps less able, business.".
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[S.W.I. Office] Noir

Postby Fallon on May 2nd, 2015, 8:07 pm

"Not a sir," Fallon confirmed. Her thumb and forefinger twiddled the quill, the mottled tip twisting shadows in the low light. The orbs peered beneath her brow then, the sliding of the inkwell over, closer and in range. With the smooth out of the sheet before her, she neatly wrote the date within the top corner and the name of the client - Ms. Evalin - beneath it. The smallest of clinks as the tip met the glass, the silence covering as the words of the other passed her by. That was all they were after all, words - mere snippets and an attempt to lay down a bait in which to lure her in, peruse and have her bite it off. Cunning, really.

With a release of the quill and her guest finding herself comfortable with the smile - did she always smile? Was it feigned or was it real? And why to both? Fallon laced her fingers together, leaning back in her chair as she repeated the voice once more, slicing it, separating it. It was only then that she spoke, slowly at first but quickly picking up speed, "Knowledge is power. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. Be it in the flesh, the mind or the soul," she paused, "But, you did not come here for philosophy." A brief flicker to the gem she was idly toying with, the skin once more prickling with discomfort, "Repute suggests he has done something to be regarded in a particular manner. And we all have rings of influence, claimed or otherwise - it is merely how they are used."

The rain gave a splatter against the window, the lantern flame casting the shadows about the office, stretching out shapes upon the walls, "Touched as I am, you have not told me what you require of me. If you do not surrender information in which for I to dissect or decide upon, then I cannot even begin considering in helping you or your employer." She hummed, "Even with manners and promise of compensation presented. Because of such, interest cannot yet be determined."

With a nonchalant shrug, "So, once more, what is it that I can potentially help you with? What is the case, the request you put before me?" She raised her brow then, "Or, are you in a position where you cannot? If you cannot, then we have a problem." Her own lips broke then into a smile, wolfish and sharp, "But you understand that, no? So, what is the service the Scarred Wolf Investigations can offer you?"
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

[S.W.I. Office] Noir

Postby Evalin on May 18th, 2015, 6:53 pm

It took the span of a mere few chimes for Evalin to come to the conclusion that would shape the rest of her interactions with this person. She disliked this person greatly. She did not respond like the Immortal wished, she did not think like the simple creature she was. Oh how Evalin hated those who thought so well for themselves, but then perhaps that is why Caelum would be interested...

"I see..." Evalin began softly, continuing to toy with her necklace while her smile slipped to a more thoughtful tone as her mind whirled to reconsider her next words, "Believe I that our philosophies are quite different, and you have yet many years to live before you may speak to me on such matters. Very well then. It seems you are not one to be idly chatted with when there is business at hand."

Her hand dropped to her lap and her smile faded completely, the nuit adopting a business like manner now and casting aside all illusions of manipulation for, in truth, she did not care to play the game with someone who would not be so easily swayed to her wishes, "For now I come simply as a messenger, extending an invitation from my employer who is seeking a trustworthy and respected investigator stationed in this city. As for why that is... You are correct as I am not privy to his reasoning."

"Caelum is his name." said after a pause and a shrug of growing disinterest, "An established business owner in Riverfall with hands in many venues and ventures of various natures, some known and others not. He expressed his interest in finding an investigator in Zeltiva to me, and as his assistant I have come here on his behest to fulfill his desire. He requests that you make contact with him, and then he will provide the details of what he wishes you to investigate as well as the terms of your compensation."
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[S.W.I. Office] Noir

Postby Fallon on May 19th, 2015, 7:22 pm

Fallon could already see the expression starting to fall, the lips plucking upwards in almost disgust to what was being said. Was it disgust? Or was it perhaps something else? Was it even disgust? If so then why did it appear? Did she think herself superior in some manner? There was a pause as she considered the manner in which this Evalin had spoken to her earlier - pride, racial superiority, age? The latter did not necessarily equal experience - one could live an age and do nothing, or live a mere blip of an instance and fight tooth and claw to do so much. Perspective was the words that rung in her mind - but she did not seek it further and chose her own council.

The air changed, the hazy nature of words turning sharp as the attention turned to that of business. Fallon merely pursed her lips, finger and thumb lazily toying with the quill. At least until she picked it up once more. She dipped the quill into the vial, smoothing the paper out once more and jotting down a few loose notes upon the page. It was with the left however that she slid the desk draw open, pulling out a fresh sheet and her sealing wax. A gentle clunk came afterwards, the wolf-headed signet ring being placed down next to it. Her eyes gave only a glance to Evalin as she paused to listen to the rest. Slowly, Fallon nodded, "So, you are playing middle man. Interesting."

It was also a wise move to not share the full detailings with the supposed messenger - no information meant she could not become a pawn in the wrong hands. Conversely, it also meant that she could only supply the investigator with so much information. Caelum, Riverfall, Business owner - the latter suggested money, but how much exactly was a consideration. Established, he had been there for a while then, venues of various natures - did that also mean he would stoop to dirtying his hands, or had others do it for him? The fact Evalin was here being an assistant told her that this mystery man could at least hire one underling with some trust. Question was however, was he also equally so? Better yet, how would he provide the details of his request? Another letter? Something that could be intercepted with ease.

"Does the messenger deliver letters too?" Fallon pulled the clean sheet before her now, a dipping of the quill in the ink once more, and this time a more careful script was pulled out - letters gave impressions after all and thus she took it upon herself to keep it relatively legible, "It will allow my making of contact with your employer easier if you do." She continued to write, occasionally speaking as she formulated what she needed to express, "Still, Riverfall to Zeltiva, a long way is it not? Quite a trek. So, a business, what sort?" Her lips gave a curl - perhaps merely sending her here was to get rid of a distraction, "Anything else I should be aware of?"

S.W.I. Office,
Old Quarter,
Zeltiva

58th Spring 515 AV

Dear Mr Caelum,

Due to the actions of one of your assistants within Zeltiva, it has come to my recent attention that you are in requirement of finding an investigator within the city. I am not aware of all the detailing I have been informed that I should at least extend an interest in offering my services to a far-reaching contractor. However, I cannot presently promise that the services of the S.W.I. will be of or if it is possible fulfil your requests until further details are provided. The services of this investigation also require half payments upon contract start - to ensure costs, wages, expenses are covered while protecting personal interest - with the latter half supplied on contract completion. The normal rates per service are between 8 to 10 Golden Mizas or the equivalent currency per day. Should you require further information upon the services supplied do not hesitate to make contact upon the above supplied address.

Yours sincerely,

Ms. F. Skylar
Private Investigator of the Scarred Wolf Investigations

Lifting the nib away, Fallon lowered it into the inkwell. It was with a grunt she flexed the fingers in her writing hand, the dull ache traversing it and the tendons. Discomfort was the first thing that flickered in her mind as she looked to the oil lantern upon her desk. Shaking out the letter she looked upon Evalin, "Miss Skylar offers hers and the Scarred Wolf's Investigations services, for now." It was carefully she folded it, firstly long ways so the opposite edges touched and then folded the shorter edges in so the upper over lapped the bottom. Smoothing it out, she gently wrote, "Mr. C - Riverfall" upon the back, before turning her attention to sealing it with a red wax. Once pressed in with the wolf head marking the surface did she once more look to the woman, "Well?"
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

[S.W.I. Office] Noir

Postby Evalin on May 22nd, 2015, 6:18 pm

My this upstart is quite presumptions! Evalin though, looking at the letter being written, Talking to me as if it were only natural that I play the go between like some common courier.

"Certainly I do." Evalin said with a forced smile, watching as the woman wrote in a flowing yet neat script, "I will ensure it reaches my employer and that his letter is returned with the utmost haste by the most reliable of services."

Uncrossing and recrossing her legs Evalin once more absently played with her necklace as she watched Fallon write. Somehow she respected this woman, despite the infuriating creature's ability to think and act for itself. Really who did she think she was to banter and trade such confident words with Evalin, the Immortal Witch? She was nothing. Nothing at all... But then what use were puppets that only danced when given direct orders. Caelum would perhaps find better use for her, and as long as she had Caelum under her will those he controlled were of little consequence.

"It is not quite as long as you might expect. Indeed I will see that your reply is returned before the end of the season. Then you and Caelum may talk and negotiate to your hearts content." Evalin said this idly, still watching the pen work with interest, "He runs an interesting business in Riverfall called the Alements. It functions in a variety of aspects, being both a place for people to come to drink a variety of prepared elixirs but also a place of healing and medicine as Caelum is quite skilled in both. From what I understand he also oversees several other projects within the city, but if you wish to know of them then I suggest you ask the man about it himself."

When all was finished Evalin would stand herself, looking down at the letter as it was handed to her and examining the seal as she did. "Then in my Employer's stead I thank you for your aid and future services, as I am certain you will find a mutually beneficial arrangement with Caelum as most everyone does. Now, there is but one final thing that must be done."

Looking up from the letter in her hands Evalin looked over Fallon, red eyes searching her a moment as she leaned closer over the desk... And then one hand casually reached forward and plucked a single hair from her head, and with a smile the nuit straightened, "Consider this a small payment to the courier for carrying the message. I trust we shall meet again, Miss Skylar. Good evening." She would wrap the hair delicately around one finger, eyeing it with amusement before offering a final nod to Fallon.

Unless she was called to stop or otherwise prevented Evalin would simply make to leave, not offering even a glance back as she did so.
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[S.W.I. Office] Noir

Postby Fallon on May 27th, 2015, 11:50 am

Agitated. That was what Fallon gathered as she inspected the lips turn into the smile - that she was starting to believe was certainly fake - and the continued fiddling and fidgeting of her form. Movement, the lips, the brow, the way the body language set itself. Could she not be bothered to be here? Was it such a chore to her? It did not matter too much, this was business and unfortunately for this Evalin she was set at playing second place in such affairs. Surrendering the letter, Fallon watched the woman stand and make her way over - eyes searching for that second of a moment back. And in response the Inspector simply looked, the stilled mask falling into neutrality and the fingers neatly lacing together.

At least that was, until the woman plucked the hair from her head. There was a noticable flinch away her hand raising up to cover the rest of her crown. The face gave the briefest of flickers into a scowl, the eyes looking to where the offensive hand had gone while the mind placed the mental wall before her once more. Where was she, the intention? Could be anything, she reasoned - or perhaps a play at dominance over the other. Fallon's gaze steeled, the chin lifting slightly in challenge, pushing down the crawling sensation of discomfort once more. She did not rise, merely held her ground - there was no point in seeking petty power games.

And so, with Fallon holding her silence she watched the woman bid a good night. The turn on the heel as she walked away and the strand - barely visible now in her gaze. Leaving, good - it was a singular thought that rested in Fallon's mind then. Fallon would not stop her - she had no reason too and it was now down to the potential employer to decide what to do with the present information. It was at last with the equally clear tone back that Fallon spoke her final words to the clicking shut of the door, "Good Evening."
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

[S.W.I. Office] Noir

Postby Pulren Marsh on August 10th, 2015, 7:18 am

A Grade is Coming
Your Wave
A dark and stormy night, indeed. Emphasis on dark in one of your cases. Excellent read.

Fallon
XP
  • Writing 4
  • Organization 1
  • Philosophy 1
  • Deduction 3
  • Negotiation 2
Lores
  • Evalin: Odd Symenestra
  • Evalin: Unsettling Middleman
  • Caelum: Owner of Alements in Riverfall
  • Alements: A Bar and Place of Healing in Riverfall