Completed Hunt or be Hunted?

Ferrin is taking an early morning hunt to get used to the area of the wild lands. Who knows what he'll encounter?!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Hunt or be Hunted?

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on August 13th, 2015, 9:04 pm

Hunt or be Hunted?
Summer of 515 AV Day 73

(It is not even first daylight, but Ferrin wanted to hunt early so he could be one of the first to hunt the best of the game. Ferrins black curly hair swaying through the wind that is passing on by. He doesn't care much about the wind, and it feels good being out of a loud Inn. Clutching his longbow with his left hand, he scans the wilderness to see if he can spot anything. The trees branches seem like spikes shooting out of large trees that are bound to the hard ground. Ferrin takes a breath and believes that it's his imagination seeing things that aren't what they seem. Then he heard a rustling noise coming from bushes far too the left of him. The sun is just awaking and Ferrin takes out an arrow and sets it against the bowstring. Ferrin steps closer to the bush, his royal blue cloak is flapping through the wind making a little noise, but that's not what is making that rustling sound though. Ferrin pulls back the string holding onto the arrow, aligned in the center of the bow. His bow bears his family mark. A sun, with a sword going through it diagonally across. Ferrin doesn't know yet if someone is behind the bushes though, so he guesses that he'll take a chance. Wishing not to wake the most dangerous of predators. He opens his mouth to speak"Hello is anyone there I got a bow and the arrows knocked so you better come out carefully if you don't want to get hit." Ferrin pulls back the string and steps back, he trips on a fallen log and slips the arrow into the darkened sky. While at the same time he cracks twigs and sticks under his fallen body. Ferrin heard a growling sound coming from behind the trees and quickly gets up to knock another arrow into the bow. A coyote jumps out of the bushes charging after him. Ferrin quickly jumps out of the way before the coyote had any chance of touching him. Ferrin then stands up quickly and pulls the string then he releases the arrow straight into the neck of the coyote it made a small whimpering sound after it got struck by the arrow. Ferrin exhales a sigh of relief, he shakes his head and smiles a bit, although it could be confusing for him to smile, but he is relieved that he can see another day and he didn't get eaten by the coyote. Ferrin carefully walks towards the beast and leans over to the coyote it's grey fur coat could be used, but he isn't a type to skin the beats. "I'm sorry." Ferrin says to the beast. If I'm going to be here awhile I'll do what I must, but I'm not going back. Ferrin pulls out the arrow that is lodged in the beast. Luckily it is dead. Ferrin wants to also catch the beautiful sights of the landscape of the Cobalt Mountains, as he looks up towards the monstrous Mountain the sun is begging to become more clear and is popping out of the horizon with an orange blaze of red and purple. Ferrin smiles thinking about home, but realizing that he shouldn't go back. It isn't soon till all of the beats wake up. He places the arrow in the quiver and begins to start walking the perimeter of the mountain searching for anything or anyone. Anybody would be good. As long as their not very chatty. Ferrin smiles while mother nature is beginning to wake. Birds are begging to chirp and sign to make things feel peaceful. While on the other hand every other creature is soon to be awake as well. Ferrin places his longbow over and across his shoulder, and looks throughout the wild. Forest on one side of him. And a mountain on the other side of view. Ferrin brought his rations with him and left his bag in the one of the bedrooms. The very broad man, decides to put down his bow, quiver, and his sword that he carried with him. Now it's time to have some breakfast, )
Ferrin thought. Since the sun is waking up so are his features. Ferrin is moderately tan as a person, and his glossy blue eyes are gleaming against the majestic sun. Whenever he smiles, it is like heaven has struck him with extravagant buety.I wish someone could come out at least, instead of creatures that could use me as breakfast. Ferrin is enjoying his ration, while he is enjoying it he decides to take out his locket. Ferrin smiles as he looks at it. The image that is imprinted in the locket is a picture of his family; his parents, sister, and brother. Including himself. He doesn't look at c it long though. I'll come back when it's time, or when I'm ready to choose so. Ferrin begins to eat the wonderful looking ration, the smell of the ration is decent enough. Not rotten that's for sure, but nothing beats his mother's cooking. That's one thing he won't see for awhile. The food was good though. And Ferrin lays down upon the soft grass using just to rest up his body he keeps his eyes open on the lookout. With his bow and sword close by along with his quiver of course. Ferrin looks up to the sky where surprisingly it's not covered up by trees and leaves and rocks. I'm not going to sleep I know it's early, but it's not that early. As Ferrin releases the thought from his mind, he yawns. Then rubs his eyes for a second and stops so he can just enjoy the wonderful view of the pearly looking clouds. And the early horizon. Wondering where other human life can be, they can be anywhere he thought. Just keep a look out for bandits, or kidnappers.

"Pavi" |"Common and Tukant"
Last edited by Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on October 8th, 2015, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Hunt or be Hunted?

Postby Revali on August 15th, 2015, 6:36 pm

Revali stretched his thin body, reaching high to the morning sky with a wide yawn. Although he had gotten up early and headed out with the intention of foraging for berries or edible plants, the calming sounds of the forest around the Cobalt Mountains were whispering to him, tempting him to simply sit and nap.

However, he knew that if he sat down, he would never get up, so the boy trekked on- albeit a bit begrudgingly. He passed by tall trees that housed cheery morning birds, and fallen logs inhabited by more than one type of creature. He did not want to steal resources from the animals nearby, so he continued on still.

Finally, he came across a quiet clearing, lined with lush vegetation. Smiling to himself, Revali set down the bag he had brought with him, and began to strip off his clothing. By the time he had finished, Revali looked very different.

The boy enjoyed foraging in his natural meerkat form. It made him feel closer to nature, and he was on a more appropriate eye-level with the bushes as well. Scurrying across the clearing, the meerkat began to pick what he had assumed were mulberries off of a short tree in one corner. He returned the berries to his bag once his hands were full, and went back to get more.

He had not gathered more than two tiny, meerkat-sized handfuls when he heard a noise not too far off. Instinctively, he ducked down, fearful that it may be a predator. His nose twitched, searching for a scented hint as to what was out there, and his eyes darted all about the clearing. A sudden feeling of agoraphobia came across the boy, as he realized how vulnerable he was. His heart pounding in his chest, he carefully crawled over to hide behind his bag.

This precaution proved unnecessary, though, because ticks later, a yelp met his ears. He could not understand exactly what the beast had been saying, but the message was clear. It had been wounded, if not killed.

Revali tilted his head in curiosity. What killed that so quickly? Who else is out here? Making note of where his bag was kept at, the boy crept forward, towards the source of the sound. He followed the footsteps of what he could only presume was a human, staying a ways behind, but close enough to be in sight.

And when the man finally sat down, Revali crept ever closer. His tiny claws scratched against the ground as he made his way in front of the man, sitting down across from him and twitching his nose nervously. He had to know who this man was.

After all, curiosity killed the...meerkat.
6/8 Active Threads
Have some time? Come leave a peer review
Revali
'Fraidy 'Kat

Words: 45187
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2015, 3:34 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Hunt or be Hunted?

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on August 28th, 2015, 10:19 pm

Ferrin
Date Here

Time has slowly passed by like a snail on a trail. The rest Ferrin has suddenly taken felt good but he woke up, not only with the sun shining on his skin, but also another creatures breath. The animal that is in its leaning position is very thin, but has seemingly sharp claws.

He looks up to the sky to get an accurate time count. The sun has just risen so it's still morning. That's good I didn't sleep in though, what is this animal doing over me? He sits up showing the animal that Ferrin is not dangerous, with his pouch of change dangling in his pocket and his other things that he has that is making contact with the pouch made a few noises too, but luckily not too loud. Ferrin takes a nervous breath, then slowly exhales feeling a sense of awkwardness tension between the two of them.

His black curly hair swaying in the motion as he moves his head in the typical directions. He ponders his mind as if to search for something to say to this animal. What kind of animal could this be? The ground that Ferrin is sitting upon roughing up his lower back, but he is insignificant and ignores the bumping. Well maybe the animal is a kelvick, but it's a chance that he will take. Conversing with an animal in the wilderness of the Cobalt Mountains. It's a chance because when you are alone in the wild it's either you hunt or your hunted, and if c this x animal is a hunter... Ferrin noticed small like coloring spots on the animals palms, it is a forager thanks to his observation skills.

This animal is probably not a fighter, but you never know what types of trucks these creatures can pull on your sleeve. Conversing with this animal could maybe work. I'll try talking to this animal to see what it wants, it probably heard me killing the coyote awhile back.

Ferrin formulates his negotiation process, and filters in what he wants to say before speaking. Instinctively he pulls down his hood from his blue colored cloak to his shoulders and his black curly hair pops up from his head like a spring. He swiveled his head to look for and to make sure that his weapons are still near him and then he turns his head back to the small animal realizing that this animal could not be very harmful to him. And feeling a bit down because he didn't want to try to interupt anything that the animals of the forest were doing, but that coyote has struck first and Ferrin reacted. Striking at that beast before it was able to strike at him was the best way to go.

Ferrin clears his throat with a few grunts and he asks the little animal,"Excuse me little fella? But I am wondering to what kind of reason to why you are here? Chatting with the coyote didn't go to well as I hoped. I would be happy to know what you are doing here so early upon the light of day. " Ferrin rubs the forearm on his left side due to awkwardness, but it could be something else that has affected it.

Ferrin lays back down his head gently on the hard ground. He exhales quietly with a small breath. The trees moving in unison with the waves of wind pushing against them, as Ferrin waits patently for a reply from the small animal. What could go wrong?

"Pavi" | "Common and Tukant"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Hunt or be Hunted?

Postby Revali on September 5th, 2015, 10:18 pm

Revali would've smiled, had his tiny meerkat lips been capable. As it was, his long nose twitched while he looked the man over.

The man he had stumbled upon was no threat at all, if Revali was seeing things correctly. He spoke with a gentle and reassuring voice, and his curly black hair reminded Revali of a child's, as unruly as it was. He was tall, but no giant, and his broad frame was well-defined, but not quite muscled as an avid fighter's might be. Even his blue-green eyes seemed glossed over in a passive manner.

Deciding it was safe enough to talk to this man, Revali switched forms. Before the stranger had managed to lie back down, the once-meerkat sat naked, legs crossed on the soft grass.

"W-what am I doing out here?" Revali asked tentatively, "W-what are you...what are you d-doing out here? I'm just foraging for berries. It's not t-too early for that. If I had w-waited any l-longer, they all would've been g-gone! And then I w-would have wasted my d- my day."

"I have a g-good r-reason to be out here. W-what about you? That's the r-real question."
Revali stammered.

"Wh-who comes out in the morning just to, to t-talk to, to animals?"

Revali wasn't really suspicious of the man at all- he seemed kind enough. Revali was only curious. For all Val knew, he could be an artist, coming to paint the wilderness, or a farmer from the fields nearby, just exploring. He might even be an adventurer from afar. Perhaps they could exchange maps, or sit down and share stories of the things they had encountered in the wilds, or discuss edible berries over a drink. The possibilities were endless, and for Revali, that was the exciting in itself.
6/8 Active Threads
Revali
'Fraidy 'Kat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Hunt or be Hunted?

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on September 6th, 2015, 8:19 pm

Ferrin

Ferrins glossy blue eyes blinked as the little thin animal shifted forms. A kelvick now that is something interesting, but their were a few things that Ferrin didn't wish to see so he turned his laid head to another direction. The boy stammering his answers fired multiple questions back at him.

The horizon waking up now gleaming with gold and orange ask the way across. Ferrin gathers up his thoughts thinking for a quick moment realizing that the Kelvick boy is not entirely harmless and hoping that he can understand. Ferrin smiled as he finished his search for his answer, "I've been out here because I am not able to get any sleep last night. So I've decided to go hunting and know the perimeter of the woods. Only to find out that a coyote tried to kill me this morning I had decided to rest here to regain strength." As Ferrin stares out at the plain view of the Cobalt Mountains, he begins to conjure up more answers as the young kelvick boy crossed his legs on the ground with a bare body. "I'm normally not one to find who doesn't speak to animals." "But since your a curious type, I came from Kenash." His words trailed off as he noticed a shadow running through the woods not to far from here.

After spotting that creature of some sort roaming the woods Ferrin decides that he should think of moving this conversation elsewhere. Ferrin tilted his body to get himself into a standing position after a quick moment. "I'm sort of new to Sylrias, do you by any chance have any clothes that you could put on?"

Ferrin leans over to the right to pick up his bow and quiver with tons of arrows inside, He straps his quiver to one of his shoulders, he leans over to pick up his sword and strapped it to his right side. After cleaning out his pockets in his blue colored cloak, he asks the young boy two things, "What is your name young man? And by any chance would you want to wear my cloak until you got your clothes, you do have them near by right?" Actually there were three, but it was an assumption.

Ferrin pulls off his cloak and smiled at the young boy his glossy blue eyes gleaming against the warm glow of the orange sun. His black curly hair knotted from the grass, but Ferrin ignores the looks at the moment. Hoping that the young character has clothes that he can put on.

After all generosity does not hurt.

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Hunt or be Hunted?

Postby Revali on September 7th, 2015, 8:53 pm

Revali reached a hand out to accept the cloak. Though he was not uncomfortable with his own lack of attire, it was clear the stranger was, as told by the turn of his head and the repeated offering of his cloak. Knowing how horrible awkward situations were, Revali was not one to force others into them, so he accepted. Pulling the cloak over his shoulders and crossing the edges closed over his front, Revali smiled up at the man in thanks.

"I d-do have clothes nearby. They're just over this w-way, with m-my bag and things." The cloaked boy started out at a brisk pace in the direction of the clearing where his clothes lay. As he walked, he spoke over his shoulder to the stranger.

"To...to answer your other question, I'm R-revali. Or Val, if you prefer. I'm from Syliras, born and raised."

As Val finished introducing himself, he quickly found the clearing where he had started out the morning. He made his way to his clothes, and began to change into them, depositing the man's cloak on the ground next to him. However, he was unable to get any farther than putting his trousers on, for there was a noise that startled him, and made him pause.

Revali stood straight up, dropping his shirt back onto the ground in disregard. His nose twitched and his brow furrowed as he peered up into the trees in search of the sound's source. But it seemed to him whatever had created the sound was gone. He could see nothing- not even a blur or shadow amongst the dimly lit trees on the mid-morning backdrop.

It was as he was putting on his shirt that, again, he heard it; it was a harsh sound, shrill and piercing as that of a predatory bird. Revali felt his eyes widen as he turned to face the stranger, a questioning and frightened look dominating his features.

Though Revali said nothing, it must have been obvious to anyone who could see his face exactly what he was thinking.

Oh, shyke! What was that?
6/8 Active Threads
Revali
'Fraidy 'Kat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Hunt or be Hunted?

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on September 8th, 2015, 2:43 am

Ferrin

With the piercing shrill cries of some type of bird, Ferrin looked back at the boy who had changed his clothes. His look of fear gave warning to Ferrin that this predatory animal can be extremely dangerous.

Ferrin nodded in agreement, and caution, though his facial expression shows no emotion he worries and fears inside. His father told him to be tough when he is in these type of situations, but he is not with his father. He listens anyways though.

The horrifying sound repeating as if the predatory bird have spotted it's prey, Ferrin looks up to the sky to try and spot the animal, maybe that was the animal he sought lurking through the woods. Ferrin looks back to the young boy who titles himself as Revali.

With Val Ferrin notices a look that Val has displayed, a look of worry and fear. He strides towards Val with a content look. He smiled in assurance that everything is going to be ok. Ferrin bends down to pick up his cloak on the ground. "Ok Val, do you want to take a look on that animal?" He waits patiently as he puts his cloak on. He then rubs the dirt off.

The terrible shrill cries repeating over again, hurting Ferrins ears making him wince a bit. Ferrin ignores the ugly cries. It didn't take long for Val to finish dressing, so he helps him to stand up. Ferrin started to walk around the open area trying once again to find the spot of where that cry is coming from.

Instead of scanning the woods he took his head up to the Mountain, there he spotted a medium sized cave big enough for like two animals maybe. Not far from the cave home he had spotted a bird, not just any bird, a Kriital a huge looking bird, with a long wingspan, it can carry half it's weight and weigh any labour 200-250 pounds.

Ferrin shook his head with a sigh, can things go worse? They can be very fast as well. Let's just hope that Ferrin can be faster with a bow. Looking back at Val, it seems that he doesn't know how to hunt, hopefully be can kill?? If not Ferrin will do his best to protect him against this giant of a bird.

"Ok Val, I need you to get some cover." "If you can find a safe spot so the bird can not find you that would be great it would most likely go after me first because I seem more dangerous. If you feel like you need to you can go get help, but you have to be quick." Ferrin began to pull an arrow from his quiver sack then he places the quiver sack down, and fits in his arrow with steady balance.

He pulls the drawstring gripping on the back of the arrow with two of his fingers with the arrow in between both of them. After he pulled the drawstring back, he aimed the bow at the bird that is sitting upon a tree, he inhaled a breath of fear, exhales with a slight sigh, then released after finding the right spot.

The arrow soares through the whispering air, although he misses the bird, that was an intention, he hit the branch that the bird was sitting upon. The bird seemed angry and it screeches with a sharp cry. A cry of anger and a warning of preparation for a strike. He looked at Val with a display of opened eyes and raised eyebrows. The look didn't last long though, and he asked Val "Well unless if you want to help out I do not mind. But that bird can carry half it's weight with its talons." "It's up to you Val?"

Ferrin lowered his body and moved his hand to pick up another arrow. He knocks the arrow into the longbow and waited patiently for the bird and Val for a response, but with the bird it gave shrill painful cries to Ferrin. Maybe Val can understand it? But it doesn't matter one of us, or even both of them can die from this horrible creature.

Ferrin, hoping that he will get a response from Revali waits with a bow knocked in with a tight grasp, the bow pointing downwards currently. The bird screaming with anger. Ferrin looks at the young Val and smiled with closed lips.

After all in the wilderness, it is hunt or be hunted, something his father had told him. The orange glow of the sun gleaming on Ferrins blue glossy eyes, making them sparkle from the glow. The smile can make anyone feel a warm sensation when they are around him.

The trees, swaying through the whispering wind pine needles fallen from branches, the mountain displays a good scary view to them all dark and musty looking. Ferrin shivered. His hairs poking out from his skin under his clothes. Hopefully the bird does not kill them and Ferrin can save the day, he hopes.

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Hunt or be Hunted?

Postby Revali on September 9th, 2015, 11:53 pm

Revali stood frozen in place as the screeches of the bird echoed in his ears and he finally caught sight of the fearsome beast.

The thing was monstrous; it was easily twice as big as Revali, if not more. The creature had a sharp beak, white and pointed directly outward, clearly made for tearing meat. Although Revali could not see it from his distance, he knew that the Kriital had bone plates covering its head, making it extremely difficult for an archer to get in a killing blow. It was much more likely that the speedy bird would get to the hunter first, and rip them apart with its talons and beak.

Revali knew this. His mother had warned him that the woods were filled with monsters, and the Cobalt Mountains even more so, but he never thought he would have to face something like a Kriital.

Sadly, this wasn't the last time he would be wrong.

The stranger's voice barely registered, and Revali missed his first few words.

"What?" He asked, in a slight daze, but the Kriital's call drowned out his question. Instead of answering, the stranger pulled his bow up and into position. This time, Revali heard his words loud and clear, and he eagerly took the advice. He had to hide, now.

Scurrying to the nearest tree, Revali lept up, reaching his arms out for the lowest branch. Unfortunately, that branch was far too thin, and it snapped almost instantly. With the cries of the bird nearing behind him, Revali quickly grabbed the next closest branch, and pulled himself up, kicking his back feet to hoist himself up.

He just barely made it. There he sat, mere feet from the ground, his legs dangling beneath him as he sat on the branch, breathing heavily, and praying to Aquiras that the branch would not collapse. His heart raced, and his palms sweated, preventing him from climbing any higher.

He wanted to call out into the clearing, and tell the stranger that he had his back if the Kriital happened to land on the ground, but poor Revali was too frightened, and could not make a sound. Instead, he yanked on the ends of his hair nervously, and tried to keep the scared tears out of his eyes.
6/8 Active Threads
Revali
'Fraidy 'Kat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Hunt or be Hunted?

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on September 10th, 2015, 8:52 pm

Ferrin

As the young Revali character rushes upwards onto a branch to the nearest tree. Ferrin took a quick glance back at the angry bird who is ready to just about to push off that branch that it is standing on top of. It pushes off with a screech of resentment. And soars through thirty feet higher than its previous position. Circling around through the horizon, the bird is just a small spec to Ferrins eyes.

Speaking of Ferrin he went back to reloading his longbow. The longbow he had purchased a while back from Kenash. It's been with him ever since. Anyways, he took an arrow from the leather quiver patted with fur castings on the edges. The arrow has a nice weight to it, not to heavy for shooting and not to light. The feathers are orange mixed with red spots into them. A stone arrowhead to fulfill the weight of the wooded crafted arrow. Ferrin knocks the wooded arrow into the bowstring making no sound.

As the arrow is pulled back the string of the bow created a very tight tension between Ferrins hand and the arrow. Ferrin inhaled a quick calm breath he ponders for that seconds, as the btowaswooped down towards Ferrin, but Ferrin reacted with speed, and he loosened up his grip and dived to the floor next to him. The bird screeched in anger due to not being able to grab its prey. Pitty Ferrin thought quickly.

But it is not time to celebrate as of yet, the bird flew back into the horizon and circled around Ferrin once more about one hundred feet above him. Ferrin realized that he will not be able to take this thing down with a bow and arrow. So he places his bow down along with is quiver next to him.

He unsheathed his short broadsword. Gleaming through the light, the bird noticed how slightly a threat this character could be. He swooped down with terrible speed. Ferrin couldn't react to quickly in this matter so he was pushed with the force of the flying beast onto the ground. The bird had gotten at least a few scratches on him. But Ferrin manages. Most of them were on his leg though, not too deep but they ended up dripping blood.

With the cuts not on his mind Ferrin held with a large amount of grip with his sword, the bird is on the ground now with its back to Ferrin staring at the young Revali, but Ferrin stood his ground to regain balance. He smoothly ran towards the beast. The beast un able to react. Screamed with pain and hurt, but the stab through the back was not enough to finish the beast. And Ferrin gasped the bird had grabbed Ferrin with its mighty talons and took up in the air, while the sword is still in its back, but Ferrin weighs a little bit more than it can carry.

The weight is just a bit too much, so instead of being able to carry its prey (Ferrin) to its home, the bird decides to hurl the han straight into a nearby tree dazing Ferrin. Who know a bird has talent and brains. But Ferrin isn't finished yet he landed near his bow and the bird realized this. But it noticed that Ferrin is dazed. But what it doesn't know how quickly Ferrin can recover. As Ferrin picked up his bow he stumbled a bit, while Revali is still on the tree Ferrin leaned over to pick up an arrow and knock it into the bow. But tragic as he does so Ferrin falls unconscious straight into the ground.

The bird turned its head back to Ferrin and started slowly creeping towards the fallen human. It's back still punctured with the sword. The bow lying in front of Ferrins unconscious body.

It is currently up to Revali now what can he do, can Ferrin have this much trust from a stranger. Although Ferrin has tried his best.

It's either Hunt or be Hunted.

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Hunt or be Hunted?

Postby Revali on September 15th, 2015, 3:25 pm

Revali felt his eyes go wide as he watched the hunter fall to the ground in a slump. Although he knew he had to do something, he could not find it in himself to move his arms, legs, or even his head. He simply sat, mouth agape and eyes wide open.

His hands shook as he watched the massive bird land on the ground, its claws clicking against the ground as it moved forward. It tilted its bony head, examining its unconscious prey. It was then that reality sank in. It was going to kill the stranger.

It's going to kill him!

Revali stood far too quickly, bumping his head on the branch above him and nearly losing his balance. But, by the grace of Aquiras, he stayed. And not only did he stay- but he was struck with an idea. The boy shed his shirt as fast as he could manage, never once stopping to look at the Kriital for fear of becoming paralyzed by its vicious gaze.

Revali held his thick wool shirt in one hand, and gripped the branch in the other. "Hey, birdy!" He called boldly, waving the shirt for the bird to see, "Over here!"

The Kriital craned its neck almost ninety degrees, turning its cold eyes to the boy in the tree. Even though it was part of the plan, Revali still took in a deep, gasping breath as he saw it do so.

"Come on!" He called. Without a single stutter, Revali managed to taunt the bird, driving him closer and closer to the tree. "This way! Yoo-hoo! Petching bird; I'm talking to you!"

Once the bird was close enough, Revali knew he had to act. Although everything in his body was telling him not to, the boy lept from the tree and straight onto the Kriital's back. It screeched a terrible screech and flapped its massive wings, but it could not reach Revali from his spot just behind the bird's head.

Breathing heavily and nearly crying, Val forced himself to lift up his shirt and pull it over the bird's eyes. Although it did work in the sense that the bird was blinded, it did not go exactly as planned. Instead of lying down and falling asleep as a songbird might, the Kriital went wild. It bucked and cawed and threw its head from side to side, desperately trying to dislodge the obstruction to its view.

Revali held on to its feathers as tightly as he could, but it was only a matter of time before he fell to the ground. He tried his best to roll out of the way, but all he really managed to do was land right on his arm.

Meanwhile, the Kriital crashed into the woods, dislodging not only the sword from its back, but feathers from its body, and Revali knew that eventually it would free a ripped and destroyed shirt from its head.

Cursing loudly and cradling his right arm, Revali scrambled to his feet and rushed over to see the strange hunter. "Sir!" Revali shouted, nudging the man's head with his foot. "You have to wake up! We need to run!"
6/8 Active Threads
Revali
'Fraidy 'Kat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next