PM to join A day to remember (Garland)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A day to remember (Garland)

Postby Revy Hiroe on June 23rd, 2015, 11:53 pm

The woman wasn't too concerned with crowds. People rarely wanted to mess with her, but that was also because she usually had a weapon or two visible. Now she didn't have any and she wasn't clad in armor either. On second thought, she might be a bit concerned. Well, she had to deal with the situation as it'd develop. It's not like she can't handle herself, even though she doesn't have a single weapon with her.

She wasn't really walking around randomly. She had inquired if there was a stall that sold shoes and where it was approximately. That's why she had already been moving towards the stall when Garland pointed it out. "Thanks for the information, but I already knew.", she replied. "I asked about some stuff at the entrance, if you hadn't noticed." She did realize she was quite rude there, but she didn't care much. It wasn't like they were friends or anything.

Right away she asked about some shoes she could wear beneath a few dresses she had. There were a few that could fit under it, but at that moment she saw some shoes that were quite... strange. The heels were heightened and it seemed like there were just a few bands over it. She really liked their looks and asked about them right away. They were silver colored and a must have for the woman. She didn't care about their price as those would go great under that lilac dress of hers.

There were a good number of other weird looking shoes, but only one pair caught her attention. They were black as the night, like the other pair it had heightened heels and the straps over her foot. "I'll take these as well.", she told the shop owner. Luckily for the woman, both of those pairs were her size. Seems like the man had tall customers like her quite often. Why would he have her size otherwise?

Just as she payed for it, she got shoved from behind. Being the veteran warrior she is, she didn't lose her balance. Instead she turned around right away. "Oi, big guy. Ya gunna apologize or what? Shovin' someone like dat and not even attempting to apologize?", she barked at the seven feet man behind her. She wasn't scared of someone far bigger then herself, because showing fear was a sign of defeat.

Because of the tone and way the woman had put herself up, the guy was actually hesitating with a retort. Despite her feminine looks, she was quite intimidating. "Uh.. I'm sorry...", was all he said and even that he was hesitating. Somehow he felt that he shouldn't get on the bad side of her, or things would get hairy for him.

Turning to Garland, she said: "Well, let's go to the tattoo shop. You got an idea of what you want yet? Coz' I do.", her sunberthian accent was completely showing through now. Whenever she got emotional she forgot to pay attention to her pronunciation. "I think I'm gonna have one on my back, along my spine. It's to remember somethin' big, so it has to be large on my body too, ya know?" She didn't exactly know how it should look, but most likely she'd want something like the tattoo on her right arm.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Garland on June 24th, 2015, 4:52 pm

"I asked about some stuff at the entrance, if you hadn't noticed."

Garland watched Revy with a little curious look. "Hmm... Alright. I didn't actually notice. You're welcome by the way." He said and followed behind her. "I don't know much of shoes. I just have one pair, I might buy one to match the vest I bought. Any recommendations?" He said and picked a pair of black dress shoes . "What do you think? Too plain? I like it though." He said and looked at the price. He tried to look passive, but with the clothes he bought he wasn't sure the shoes was a necessary thing to have right now.

He placed the pair back down on the stall and looked over to Revy. Though he did enjoy a bit of window shopping, there were a few things he thought would looked good on Revy, though he didn't know much about her or her style, but he thought that these looked great on her. "Hey, Revy. What about these or these? I think they would look good on you? Well... Anything would look good on you really... Hmmm... Now that I think about it, they seem a bit... girly for you, but I still think they look good." He said and placed the shoes back where he found them in case she wanted to take a look herself.

It seemed the streets were getting a bit more crowded. Someone even bumped into Revy. Which was a very bad thing, and if the man was unlucky and had gotten Revy during a bad mood well... He would most likely be dead or at the very least beaten up.

It was actually quite interesting to see such a large man be scolded by a smaller girl, he knew Revy to some extent and knew that any threats she could come up with, she can do. He waited for Revy to finish up scaring the poor man with her glare and tone.

"Well, let's go to the tattoo shop. You got an idea of what you want yet? Coz' I do."

"Not really." He said and walked beside her to the tattoo shop. "Maybe something like a ship or a sword... I dunno, they seem too... normal, maybe I'll hold off for now, I've been very indecisive about this..." He said with a slight hint of dread in his voice.

"I think I'm gonna have one on my back, along my spine. It's to remember somethin' big, so it has to be large on my body too, ya know?"

"Hmm... Along the back? Well... I really don't know anything about tattoos, but maybe a pair of wings would look good? Or maybe something symbolic if you're into the sort of stuff." He said and stopped by the door outside the tattoo shop. "H-Here we are, I would say 'Ladies first' but I might get on your bad side." He said and held open the door.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Revy Hiroe on June 28th, 2015, 10:28 pm

The woman glanced over the shoes Garland presented. The first pair he showed looked pretty nice and she could definitely mix them with the clothes she had. The second pair she wasn't too fond of, though on others they would definitely be good looking. "That first pair looks great.", she told Garland and to the shopkeeper she said: "I'll take that pair too."

Switching back to her male companion, she thought he'd definitely coould use a pair of shoes. It never hurt and when there was a celebration of sorts, they would definitely be needed to look presentable. "You should get a pair of shoes. You'll never know when you'll need them. Besides, seems to me you could really do with another pair." She didn't quite like the looks of his boots and the thought of seeing them under his proper clothes, just no... she didn't even want to think of it.

Once they arrived at the tattoo shop, the squire was glad to see that he currently didn't have a customer. That meant that she could get hers done quite quickly. "Hey Svefra, I was wondering how much a tattoo as long as my spine would cost. No color.", she asked the shopkeeper. "Also, could I know your name? I'm guessing that I'll need more then one visit to get the tattoo, so I dont want to call you Svefra all the time."

"The name is Lichenan Tidalcatch, miss...", he started, expecting the woman to give her name.

"The name's Revy Hiroe. Sorry, I should have introduced myself sooner.", she finished his sentence.

"Alright miss Hiroe, the price of a tattoo of that size, without color is eight golden mizas. And you are right that you might need more then one session of inking. What kind of design would you like?", Lichenan answered.

Revy did have to think a little about it. What exactly did she want? It had to be something along her spinal cord, so it had to be one long design. Would it be possible to have something along the lines of her tattoo on her arm? Probably. "Could you make something like this?", she asked as she pulled up her right sleeve, exposing ther sleeve tattoo. "I would like to see the design before you start working though. Or at least a rough sketch"

The Svefra took a good look at the tattoo, before he started to sketch a design. "I'll get to work on a design. If you want, give me some feedback, so that we can create a real piece of art.", he said. The first rough sketch took about half a bell and was just purely a spinal tattoo.

Revy wasn't quite happy with it and gave him some pointers as to where he could improve it. Together it took them another bell and a half to get close to the design the woman liked. "Could you add a few more details in the middle? I don't like how empty it looks right now.", she asked. The Svefra immediately set to work and finally got the design to the point where Revy was content with it. "Yes, like that.", she told the artist.

"Sorry that it's taking this long, Garland, but this is something I'll be carrying with me for a lifetime, so I want to be able to enjoy it just as long. The tattoo on my arm took at least three bells of designing before I actually liked it.", she told the male squire. "Any indication of how long it'll take you to create that tattoo, Lichenan?"

The Svefra had to think a little and make a rough estimate of the time he'd need to do it. Looking at the woman, he asked: "Could you show your back to me? I want to see my 'canvas' that I'll have to work with. But generally I'd need around nine to twelve bells for a tattoo of that size. It'd be best to break it up into three or four sessions of three bells each.", he answered.

Three bells.. that would be a long time for that guy to wait, unless he'd want to talk like a lot or so. "Garland, do you still wish to wait for me to finish? It'll take at least three bells and I don't really think it'd be interesting for you to wait that long.", she asked. "Well, unless you want to get to know me better or so, we could talk while Lichenan is busy."

Tattoo :
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Garland on July 4th, 2015, 6:08 pm

Garland took a seat on one of the waiting chairs, and let Revy talk to the tattooist. He still hasn't made up his mind if he should get one or not, or even what he should get if he did decide on one.

He yawned a bit and looked at Revy's shoulder tattoo, it was... different to say the least. It was beautiful in a sense, but it looks like a jumble of strange lines to him, though he wouldn't voice out his opinion unless he wanted a punch to the face or a kick to the groin again.

"Sorry that it's taking this long, Garland, but this is something I'll be carrying with me for a lifetime, so I want to be able to enjoy it just as long. The tattoo on my arm took at least three bells of designing before I actually liked it. Any indication of how long it'll take you to create that tattoo, Lichenan?"

Garland waved it off and leaned back in his chair. "Don't worry Revy, I don't have anything better else to do. I might go buy some pastries later if you want though, but I think I'll stay here for the time being." He said and twiddled his thumbs. He had not brought anything for him to do. Maybe books aren't so useless after all, it'll give him something to do while he waits.

Maybe he could talk to Revy instead while they work on her tattoo. "Do you have any other tattoos Revy? I've been thinking about it for a while now actually, but I really don't know what I should get."

He said and looked at a small book filled with drawings of several tattoo designs and such. "Well, in any case I'll just sit here and skim through the designs and such.

He saw a two somewhat identical tattoos together, one was a shield with wings and a sword going through it, and the other was the same except the shield had a picture of the windoak on it, the symbol of the knights. He liked the look of the two but he was not sure it was the right for him.

After a bit of skimming he saw something then caught his eye, something a bit less professional looking but still very good. It symbolized him fairly well... Though he was worried about the price. He would ask about it later. The design in question was a rather large one with splotches at the bottom of the page, he wasn't sure if it was part of the tattoo or just a bit of ink that dripped on the paper, but it did give the design a bit more life, the tattoo in question was a shield with dark pitch black wings with a sword down the middle and a ship sailing on dark waters.

He would ask Revy on what her thoughts are on the designs he had picked out. He had not noticed the time fly by, he was getting a bit hungry now that he thought about it, if it was gonna take a little while longer he would go out for a quick food run and come right back, if not, well he could always go out and eat with Revy. The squire food was... horrible, sustaining but horrible.

"Revy, what do you think of these?" He said and pointed out the three tattos he had picked out.

pics :
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Revy Hiroe on July 7th, 2015, 6:51 pm

Revy walked around the table, where she could take place on the chair after she took off her shirt. She was a bit hesitant to take off her top clothing, as other people could see her too. However, she just had to get used to it, if she wanted the tattoo on her back. So she grabbed the bottom of her shirt.

Just as the woman wanted to remove her shirt, she heard the other squire ask her something. "Hmm? Well, I'm no big fan of the first and third one, but it is still your choice. Don't forget, you carry a tattoo with you for the rest of your life. That's also a reason why I am not getting a tattoo to remember Syliras by. I'm sort of having second thoughts about the knights. Keep that to yourself though. I want to figure out what I exactly want before making a decision.", she told the squire, before disappearing behind the curtains.

After taking off her shirt and bra, she sat down on the chair, her back towards the svefra and the public. At least the people couldn't see her front, so they wouldn't see her assets in their naked glory. She wasn't so sure if the squire wouldn't sit next to her though. Anyway, she just had to swallow whatever happened now, because it seemed the svefra had started on the tattoo. [b]"Hey Garland, if you want you can leave right now. I'm stuck for three bells anyway and I don't really think that this is that interesting, unless you want to know how he goes about his work.

Either way, Revy just relaxed. The Svefra could easily draw the outlining of the tattoo on her back, which was a bit itchy yet nothing she was too bothered by. The inking itself wasn't all that painful either. She seemed to be more resilient to the pain from all the needle pricks. Well, she was a mercenary for almost all her life, so if she hadn't gotten used to the pain, she'd definitely have succumbed to it by now.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Garland on July 8th, 2015, 1:41 pm

Garland looked at the three designs and frowned. Now that she mentions it, he wasn't quite sure about it now. He flipped through the pages here and there and just happened to catch Revy removing her top, he blushed and quickly looked back down to the little scrap book the tattooist had.

He shook his head at Revy. "No no, I'm not hungry right now, maybe later. These designs are very good." He said and looked over to the to several pages of swords and shields, and a few pages about family.

Maybe he could get a tattoo of April's face or something... no, that would seem too weird. He saw several good designs and decided to remember them. "You're name's Lichenan Tidalcatch right? You're a Sverfa, you must have done a lot of boat tattoos I take it."

"Aye, I have done a lot of those, they do get boring after a time, but I'm a Sverfa, the sea calls to me. I leave once a year to sail and meet up with other artists to trade and learn. Some of the stuff there ain't mine, a few good friends designed some of that stuff." The Sverfa said and got his equipment ready to work on Revy's back. "Right, try not to disturb me while I work. I don't think this lass would take kindly I messed something up."

Garland nodded and looked back down on the pages. "Mind if I talk to Revy then?"

"No problem, try not to move, lass."

"So, what about these designs?" Garland then showed the book to Revy. He still wasn't sure if he would get one, but they all look so good. "I'm like this one, very detailed and such, you can even see the damage the shield has." He pointed to a colored tattoo that looked like it might be out of Garland's price range.

Tattoos :
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Revy Hiroe on July 16th, 2015, 9:36 pm

The woman caught the fellow squire looking at her for no longer then a tick and felt annoyed, however he did seem to have the decency to look away. It had saved him quite the foul mouth, even if he'd never realize that. Revy didn 't just show them to anyone, especially men. But if she was going to lash out right now, it'd be bad for her tattoo. She could feel that the Svefra had already started working on it.

Revy just listened to the conversation between Garland and Lichenan. Well, she couldn't do much anyway. Though when Garland turned to her again, she had someone to at least talk to, well for now. She couldn't help but ponder what kind of tattoo would look good on him. He seemed to be quite interested in them, though he was scared of something. Something he had to overcome if he wanted to be a knight. Was there anything that she could do to help him with that, besides beating him up? Not really. All she could do was just push him forward, even if he didn't want to.

When she saw the tattoo the guy mentioned, all she did was look at it with disgust. She hated colored tattoos. They never came out the way people wanted them, so just black was more then good enough. Besides, if one wanted something colored, why not just get a portrait or a drawing? "Well, if you like it why not? Don't ask me about anything with colored tattoos. I really dislike them, to say the least.", she answered. "Anyway, once I'm done you should have a talk with Lichenan. A good tattoo artist usually finds out what you really want, or what you don't want. He could tell with a single glance I disliked a colored tattoo, so he didn't suggest something along those lines."

Then the women started to think a bit more deeply. What would fit that guy the most? He seemed to take pride in protecting others, so it had to be a symbol of that. Shields were one thing that would immediately spring to mind, but what about animals? Fair to say she didn't have extensive knowledge on them, but she should be able to think about a few right? "You're looking at shields and swords right now, but what about animals? Surely there would be a few that could symbolize what you want to express with it right? I know that a lion stands for courage, but for the rest I don't really know what animal stands for what. But I still can't press enough that it is still your choice in the end. You have to be convinced that you want that kind of a picture on your skin. If you have any kind of doubt, just don't do it. You'll only regret it later.", she told him.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Garland on July 22nd, 2015, 4:01 am

"I think I'll hold off for now, I'll wait for April to help me pick." He yawned slightly and leaned back into the chair. "I'll take a little nap here if you don't mind."

He would be asleep for most of the time he was there, waiting for Revy to finish up her tattoo. He would rather wait for a couple's tattoo with April instead. He can wait, though this was mostly just an excuse not to get a tattoo.

He closed his eyes and waited for a bit to fall asleep.

oocShort post to wrap this up
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Revy Hiroe on August 17th, 2015, 10:50 pm

It seemed that their conversation got them nowhere, so the squire cut it short and then said he'd take a nap. Well, Revy couldn't blame him. She didn't want to just watch something like that for three hours either. Being under the needle was a different thing though. Even if she wanted to catch some shut-eye, the constant piercing pain of the needle would keep her awake.

Around the third bell after Lichenan started, did Revy start to get a bit woozy. Having to endure pain for three hours was quite taxing on one's body. Being the expert he was, the svefra easily noticed the woman's condition and finished up the line he was working on. "Miss, I think it's better to stop here and continue another time. More would be unhealthy for you.", he said as he put his tools away. He had been able to make more progress then he had first anticipated and thus thought he could finish it in two more sessions. "I think with two more sessions, it should be done. Go wake that man of yours up and until next time."

Revy stood up with her legs shaking a bit. "Gar, let's get outta here. I gotta put my stuff away and eat. Quite hungry now and you should be too right?", she said as she shook his shoulder. She only waited long enough for the squire to wake up, before she picked up her stuff and started to make her way back to the squire dormitories.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Sayana on November 1st, 2015, 3:41 pm

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request. If there's anything I may have missed, please PM me and I'll be happy to look into it.

Revy
Skills
  • Planning: 2
  • Socialization: 5
  • Rhetoric: 2
  • Intimidation: 1
  • Acrobatics: 1
  • Endurance: 2
  • Observation: 1
  • Teaching: 2
Lores
  • Garland: Not a bad guy
  • Intimidation: Demanding an apology
  • Basic fashion sense: Boots don't go with formal attire
  • Finalizing a tattoo design
  • Teaching: Giving words of advice
Purchases
  • Black satin gown with fine buckles/chains (the decoration at the waist) - 33.2 GM
  • Brown vest (Garland's) - 0.45 GM
  • White shirt (Garland's) - 0.1 GM
  • Black pants (Garland's) - 1.2 GM
  • 3 pairs of dancing shoes (black, silver, and gold) - 30 GM
  • Tattoo - 8 GM

Garland
Skills
  • Planning: 1
  • Socialization: 5
  • Storytelling: 1
Lores
  • Revy: Beautiful yet tough on the outside
  • Clothes shopping for something respectable
  • Picking out a tattoo
  • Choosing to wait until certain about a tattoo
Purchases
  • Brown jacket - 0.9 GM
  • White shirt - 0.1 GM
  • Blue pants - 1.2 GM

Comments: That was quite a thorough shopping thread. It was nice to see Revy opening up a little, or at least chatting (to one of the opposite sex). There were only so many skills I could award, so I tried to award what I could. If any of the garments are not what you thought they were (like material etc), let me know what you think the price should be.

Your Grader,

Sayana
Boxcode design: Firenze
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Previous