[Windmount Stabeles] Riding With Rumors [Asen]

Ball meets a new Squire and trains them in riding...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Ball on March 5th, 2015, 10:32 pm

OOCSo sorry the post is short =(

"My Speaking" My Thoughts

Ball nodded as the mounted half-Dhani spoke, “And nudge its sides with your heels or knees.” Ball looked back over his shoulder and then up. “That’s how the Sers and Seras do it I guess, I can’t really tell you what good it does as I am so small in comparison to the beast of burden.” Ball smirked and turned back at his own task at hand, even though Imass could probably handle the task of guiding both squire and mount through the stable and out the doors, yet he wanted to be seen as a good example. He hoped he was a good example. “To be honest Cold Pycon I am not really sure what good riding something as large and obnoxiously stinky in those crafted contraptions of containment. Alas though, it is far faster than walking.” Ball sighed and shivered as the wind buffered him as he found himself and Cold Pycon being led out into the wintery winds and snows outside.

No no, this isn’t going to do… It is far too cold. Ball shivered once more and shifted his mass and tapped his dog on the right side. It was a simple direction change and Imass followed suit easily enough, a huff and a throw of his head and the dog followed the command.

“Go to the door, turn around right and head back to the stall… Then I want you to turn left at the stall and ride back to the doors.” Ball nodded, “Last I want you to turn left at the doors and come back to the stall one last time. From there I want you to continue that pattern until I say stop. Okay?” At that he sat Imass down at the stall’s door and sat down between the dog’s front paws.

There that should keep Cold Pycon busy.

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Asen on March 6th, 2015, 3:42 am

My name is not 'Cold Pycon,' you stupid piece of clay. It's Asen. An' I'm not that cold anymore, sheesh. The half-Dhani's demeanor had changed, and she was certainly grumpy. Despite her thoughts, she was cold. The air nipped at her exposed fingers. She bunched the reins up in one hand, tucking the other into her warm armpit.

"Yeah, well. You an' me both. I can't say I'm exactly fond of horses, but I gotta learn ta ride at some point, right?" she asked rhetorically. Her curls were getting tangled in the wind. She was not going to be happy about the status of her hair when she got off the horse.

Asen pulled back on the reins when the Pycon began speaking again. He seemed to like ordering her around. "Go to the door, turn around right and head back to the stall..."

She stopped listening. She knew exactly what he wanted her to do at that point. He wanted her to walk around the inside of the stable. The half-Dhani turned her horse around, beginning the mundane pattern. At least the saddle wasn't too uncomfortable, and her horse preferred to walk instead of trotting.

Once she reached the far end of the stable she tugged on the reins, bringing the beast around again. It'd be too easy to just nudge this thing into a run and trample that little blob.

However, Asen didn't know what the consequences were for that and she'd rather not have first-hand experience of it, so she began the slow walk towards Ball. She repeated this a few times, drearily of course, until she sat slouching in the saddle. So petchin' boring...

Asen
Kintsugi

Words: 136836
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2014, 11:41 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on March 30th, 2015, 9:05 pm

OOCSorry for a late resposnse!

Ball nearly grinned when he saw the look on Asen’s face; she was completely and utterly bored with the mundane task of circling the stables to get the handle of her horse. So she wants something a bit more interesting? I think I can handle that… He hopped off of Imass’s back and looked at the dog and this time he did grin, nearly maliciously and evil. Fortunately he knew that Imass would do nothing to harm Asen, but the horse might trample him…

“You want something a bit harder than just going in circles? Now don’t lie to me, your face has it written all over it. I understand, but you must learn to control the poor horse before you can actually take things into consideration.” His grin grew wider as he looked at Asen, “You want a real test of your skill then Cold Pycon? Cause I am about to oblige your obvious lack of verbal plea for something… More advanced…” With that he paused in his speaking and lift a hand to the horse and rider. Looking at his dog the pycon squire nearly hollered his command, instead he took the breath needed to calm himself and then very calmly looked back at Asen and the horse.

“Sick ‘em.” The dog huffed and immediately got on all fours from his laying position, waiting until both Asen and the horse got closer and then jumped, nipping at the horse’s forelegs before skittering away and nipping at them again. A few of those rounds and Ball called Imass back to a sitting position… There, teach her to be bored at just starting.

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Asen on April 1st, 2015, 1:45 am

Asen perked up when she saw the little ball of clay jump off the dog's back. She narrowed her eyes suspiciously. Wasn't it dangerous for it, to not be on a dog and as such clearly visible? It was doing something, and that something was probably not good for her.

"Yeah, somethin' a bit harder would be nice... What're you thinkin', eh?" she asked, moving her empty hand to grasp the reins in case the thing decided to agitate the horse. She pulled back, stopping the horse, and subconsciously tightened her legs around its sides. It took a moment for it to finally halt its forward motion, coming to a standstill near the two.

Is it... grinning? Oh, gods. That can't be good, she thought. The Pycon's head -- if it even had a head -- swiveled to look at his dog.

"Sick 'em."

Oh, shyke. The dog had gotten up, and it had jumped. Right at the horse's forelegs, no less. The poor beast huffed and backed away quickly and unsteadily, jolting the half-Dhani about. She tightened her grip around the horse and reins even more, confusing the creature. It couldn't decide whether to go forwards, backwards, or stay still. It stomped nervously, unsure.

And then the dog leapt again.

The horse reared, and the lack of a saddle made Asen slip. She clawed at her mount's mane, at its neck and withers, but to no avail. She had let go of the reins and with a strangled yelp landed on her back.

The half-Dhani's eyes went wide and her heart was caught in her throat as she was confronted with the horse's hindquarters. She scrambled backwards on her hands and feet, long limbs working to carry her far from the dangerous hooves that nearly punched a hole into her thin body many years before.

When she decided she was safe several yards away, the squire whipped her head around to face the clay beast. "Ball!" she hissed, her features seemingly more snake-like with her anger, "What the petch was that!? What was goin' through your gods-damn head, eh!? Are you petchin' tryin' to kill me!? 'Cause it sure as Hai seems like it!"

Asen
Kintsugi

Words: 136836
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2014, 11:41 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on May 22nd, 2015, 8:15 pm

Ball turned his gaze up at the half-Dhani, with no pupil his monocular eye didn’t show emotion. His face was set in a scowl and he held up a hand. “Shut your mouth Cold Pycon. You wanted something harder than just trotting back and forth and controlling your horse. I gave you something harder. You are training to become a knight, am I correct? If so, you must learn to ride and control your horse under any situation. So shut your mouth and get back on the petching horse.”
He turned back around and went back to where he was standing. Imass was already found sitting there with a thumping tail. Patting the dog’s flank he turned his attention back to the half-Dhani and the horse. “Now, If I wanted to kill you I wouldn’t have set my dog at your horse.” Ball nodded towards the door as he raised a hand, pointing at the door.

“Begin again.” It was pretty clear that Ball’s teaching style wasn’t like most knights… He meant to teach people as if they were going to fight and die on a daily basis. New Squires are going to scream in terror in the heat of combat… They aren’t ready. This one surely isn’t ready to be a mounted soldier. Ball frowned at that thought. Gods I hope I am wrong. He looked at his mount, the furry dog was curling back up on the floor and returning to its normal lazing self. Ball sighed, My petching mount isn’t ready for combat. He is lazy.

Credit :

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Plume on December 7th, 2015, 7:18 am

Ball
Rhetoric +3 XP
Intelligence +3 XP
Observation +5 XP
Socialization +1 XP
Persuasion +1 XP
Leadership +2 XP
Teacher +3 XP
Riding: Dog +2 XP
Intimidation +1 XP

Lores :
  • Rumors of a New Squire
  • Asen: The New Squire
  • Funny Names for Funny People
  • Help a Fellow Squire Ride
  • Asen: Cold Pycon
  • Me: A Merciless Riding Instructor

Asen
Note :
Please let me know if you return and I will reward you your grades ASAP!

Notes :
A shame it couldn't be finished! Some cute little tough love nonetheless.
Plume
May I tickle your fancy?

Words: 139803
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 8:22 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous