Placeholder [Squire Dorms]Contemplating One Self

Ball finds himself questioning his current actions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Squire Dorms]Contemplating One Self

Postby Ball on February 25th, 2015, 7:54 pm

"My Speaking" My Thoughts

89th of Winter 514AV

Ball found himself confined to his dorm with no such luck of getting out. Knights didn’t exactly patrol the halls and corridors prohibiting him from leaving, but it wouldn’t be hard to spot the little clay man if he did leave his room. So he sat there on his bed, heavily contemplating what he did to get him stuck within this petching situation… Luckily he was alone still, the kid that was supposed to be his roommate seemed to have vanished out of thin air Maybe I shouldn’t have attacked him… I mean he didn’t provoke me, just… Woke me. Ball frowned and looked back at the previous day’s situation. I jumped into a situation I had no reason to be a part of… I was hotheaded and out of line. The knights were correct on stepping in. Ball frowned at he kept thinking about all the trouble he is known to have caused.

“I am not fit as a squire… Not unless I learn to control my anger.” A tremble in his voice could be heard of anyone was around, the only one near was his mount Imass, the fluffy dog was just laid there, breathing softly and whimpering in his dreams. “I even failed you my faithful companion. I can’t even keep you safe in all my angry violence.” If Ball was able to cry he would be doing so, recalling the fight against Ser Pycon on the Isle of Pretty Ladies. The poor dog barely survived that attack and the squired clay man kept in his ‘heart’ that Ser Pycon was the cause of the dog’s near-death experience yet Ball knew the reality of the fact was he was the cause. Ihaven’t been a good squire, not even in the eyes of the gods. I have tainted the name of the Order in a fit of self-perceived justice. Was that justice? Maybe…

Ball turned his attention from Imass and looked down at his hands. There wasn’t much to them, a few nubby fingers and a small palm that couldn’t even hold a miza in them… Yet the destruction they could create was unfathomable. I took to learning a magic that in my hands should never be allowed to surface, violence is my answer… My only answer.

“Yet at one point I wasn’t always so violent… Was I? He tried to recall a time he wasn’t so violent… It was hard, yet he could faintly recall a moment. Two years ago Ball recalls something vague about Liege Lord telling him to protect Pretty Lady Pycon. Yet the memories surrounding that were blurred by training and combat. It was there though, Ball had a feeling that somewhere amongst all that training and combat Ball would be able to recall what it felt like to be not as violent…

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on September 21st, 2015, 3:10 am

"My Speaking" My Thoughts

Ball stared at his hands. “Four little nubs on two little hands. Stretched out they look like little sausages, disgustingly sick producing sausages. Putrid the word I think I am looking for. Yes… They are not safe for consumption as the larger pycons would say.” Ball chuckled at that line, they were far from being safe to eat, Ball was known to punch people before giving them a real chance to communicate a single word. “Pacifism is a symptom of the weak. Violence is a symptom of the corrupt. I am neither. I am a squire, a protector of all that Sylir has granted to us all. Restraint is a learned symptom. Something I must learn in order to survive amongst the large pycons. Or is it so they can survive around me?”

Ball lowered his hands to his knees and looked up at the door. The wooden obstacle was the only thing blocking his exit. This the squire knew wasn’t going to change now or tomorrow… What was going to change was Ball. If not for his sanity and sake, but for the sake of others, of the ones he swore to protect. I must learn to be less rash. I had no right jumping into the mess of things when Squirrel Pycon was there. He was only trying to deter the situation. I was just making it worse. Shaking his head to remove the thought from his nexus Ball rolled to his side, facing away from the door and seeing his slumbering dog huffing as it snored. “Of everyone that stayed by my side. You are the one I am most shocked about. I do not treat you with kindness. I don’t even treat you like a companion… I treat you like a something else… Like… Like a tool.” Curling up around himself Ball sniffled.

“I am a wreck of a pycon… Of a squire. I am not a leader. I am not a swordsman. I am a hand to hand combatant… I have excelled in the last three years to punch and punch hard, faster, and repeatedly. I have augmented my skills of bone beating with magics and weapons to extend my reach… But for what good? So I can better annihilate my enemies? My enemies aren’t within this castle. They are out there, beyond the walls. Beyond the outpost…” A tremble ran through his body before Ball rolled over and flopped onto his back, staring up at the ceiling. There was no explanation to him; he still tried to puzzle out a time when he was less violent. Yet everything he recalled were just large streaks of violence. Training with Ser Pycon. That weird Monk City. That Ugly Vomiting Bird. Training with the other squires. The awful sea monster. The Isle of the Pretty Lady Pycons… Other Pycon… Ball sat up blinking, his nexus rattled the words again. Other Pycon.

“Other Pycon…” Those two words tugged at his body in a fashion he forgot about. Yet there it was, almost as strong as the oceanic pull of his djed. He fumbled with his hands running them over his face after a few ticks before he muttered those two words again. Memories were flooding back. The soft reddish tinge of her blushing, the awkwardness of her larger pycon companion… They were just memories though of the past. Gone… They just… Disappeared into the wind just like everyone else has… Just like everyone else will. Squirrel Pycon … Staring Pycon… When will they leave me? Tomorrow? Next year? Right now? No no… Squirrel is in the same boat I am… He wouldn’t disappear on his duty… Would he? Ball didn’t think he would.

You have distracted yourself from your original track of thoughts Ball. The pycon sighed and flopped backwards onto his pillow. “I am Violence. I am a part of the militant half of the order.”Do not change what you are Ball.

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Plume on December 7th, 2015, 7:49 am

Ball
Philosophy +2 XP
Intelligence +1 XP

Lores :
  • Reflecting On One's Actions
  • Philosophy: Pacifism and Violence
  • I Am Violence

Notes :
A very intriguing and deep self reflection that you don't often get to read amongst those who submit themselves to the Order :) Let me know if I missed any lores or potential XP.

Cheers!
Plume
May I tickle your fancy?

Words: 139803
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 8:22 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook