Closed Places to Rest Heads

While Toan is out and about planning to find himself a place, Ireth also has the same idea as well! Thus the two go hunting for places to call home.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Places to Rest Heads

Postby Toan Onox on April 1st, 2014, 1:13 am

Places to Rest Heads
Spring 20th 514 AV, 11th Bell

Though pointless to roam about here when Toan clearly favored the Western Quarter as his ideal area to reside, he somehow found that his feet led him curiously here through the streets of Nyka as he ever so boldly ventured around to see what he could poke into. Though not of absolute concern for him Toan found that he needed to work on getting a place to stay in this city, because what reputable man didn’t have a place to hang his cloak at the end of the day? Indeed he felt he could do well in this city, maybe even find out some things that will lead him to become famous… or rather infamous one day. Though he hadn’t the slightest clue what he would do, he could only surmise that after a bit of work and effort that he would finally catch a lead somewhere. That lead being the first actual “heist” that he would be working with, and making his presence within the city known in whispers among the common man. Oh how splendid it would be to hear whispers, whispers of his name on the tongues of those around him, to secretly know that they revere him while he remained an anonymous mystery behind a grand mask.

Such greatness took time and careful planning to see fulfilled, thus Toan merely measured the milestones as steps to make. Each one a minor improvement to his goal in life while he strived for greatness, for the life he craved would be full of daring risks that he would boldly take just to truly live. As he walked onward with hands in his pockets he noticed that a child had placed an apple on a crate as he and his playmates ran around, and he smiled at the fortune that shown his way as that said apple happened to be left unattended. No eyes were on the apple after all, so who would miss it when the kids were too busy running about. In short Toan merely swiped the apple for himself and casually placed it in his pocket, a quick glance over his shoulder to find that those who were around paid not even the slightest attention to its disappearance. Petty as it was he had a lighter breakfast than he would’ve liked so the apple would serve purposeful for him in the end, it was important after all to keep his strength up however he could.

Besides the boy likely ate well to have simply left the apple there, so Toan more so did the lad a favor by taking it off the boy’s hands… metaphorically speaking. Either way Toan’s conscious was quite clear as he moved onward, the slight rush he felt from the act nowhere satisfying as he imagined a real heist would be. That was what he craved most, the excitement and thrill of a lifetime. Such heists were surely bound to come but he had to practice his secret trade somehow, if that was by the means of stealing apples from boys then sure enough he’d follow through with it, depending on circumstances that followed of course. After he was well away from that street by rounding a few corners and down into a totally different place, he found himself at a better sense of ease knowing that nobody would question him, that is if such a big deal was made out of one small missing apple. As Toan took the little red beauty out from his pocket he admired it’s shine from the sun.

Red. Glorious. Juiciness. His mouth watered and even when he wanted to eat such a delicious treat, he somehow found that part of himself wanted to also draw that very same apple. He couldn’t debate over it any longer though, he needed to fill his stomach with the substance to hold off what hunger still lingered within his belly. As he took the first bite he fell into a blissful state of mind that made him revel in the wondrous sweet taste of the fruit, slowly did he chew it as the juices of the apple filled his taste buds with glorious delight. It was even sweeter knowing that he got this apple by free means too, which made it all the more enjoyable for the artistic thief. Though he wasn’t expecting it he would soon find himself meeting with a friendly face yet again, and what she would see is the thief in his white cotton shirt and brown cotton trousers as he enjoyed the ever wonderful apple within his hand.
"Toan's words" Toan's thoughts "Ven's words" Ven's thoughts "Other's words"

Ricky - Byron
Journal - Plotnotes
Scrapbook - Image Edits - Updates - Vlogs
10-14-14 Update: Toan will be sent to Sunberth after his significant events in Nyka have been wrapped up!
Toan Onox
"I play the leading man."

Words: 109863
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2011, 3:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Places to Rest Heads

Postby Ireth Telemnar on April 13th, 2014, 4:46 pm

When she had dressed that morning, Ireth had marveled at how pale her skin was. It was no more than a few shades pinker than paper, whitened from being kept covered from the sun all Winter long. There in her room, she slipped from her nightclothes and gazed at her figure in awe. Sure, she woke up to the same body every day, but it was changing in such ways that sometimes it was like she was in the skin of a stranger.

Her stomach was the most alien part. The baby was supposed to be born sometime next season, according to the lady she'd seen at the Infirmary in the Winter. Ireth had been scared, she'd seen women before who had grown so large around their middles that they'd had trouble walking. So far though, she hadn't had that problem. Her belly was just about as big as a mixing bowl now, red scratch-like marks running up the sides just beneath her breasts. The baby kicked, making a quick bump rise just above Ire's belly button. The busker rubbed her palm over the spot in a circular motion. Then she slipped a tunic down over her form, covering her pallidness with the cloth's copper red color. The tunic left her arms bare, and was considerably snugger around her stomach than it had been when she'd first got it, but it fit and that's what mattered most at the moment. With her arms over her head to braid her hair, Ire murmured to herself "Might have to go buy some new clothes... again..."

Then she remembered what she was going to do today and perked up immediately. Ireth had chosen today as the day she would go looking for a place to live. A more permanent place than the Hostel, though she was fairly certain that Vysia would never kick her out.

Ire sat down slowly on the side of her bed and pulled her boots on over the bottoms of her pants, considering the day. She'd been doing a lot of considering lately. She and Savio had discussed getting a house together before, even though that never came to pass. But the busker felt it necessary, now more than ever, to find some place where she could raise her child, even if it be for a few months. The decision to bear her child here in Nyka rather than make the attempt to return to her Ravok had almost wrenched her heart apart, but Ireth felt so... at peace with herself here in the City of the Celestials. Maybe she was only going to stay here a couple more seasons, who knew? But she knew she was in no state to travel now, and wouldn't be for a good while after the baby was born.

The baby... Ireth placed some mizas into her purse and shoved the little bag into her pocket. If she found a place, she'd inform the owner or procurer that she had the rest of the money here, in her Hostel room. She locked the door on her way out and walked down the stairs and into the Hostel's lobby. Vysia and her helpers were there, directing visitors that were either leaving the SafeHaven or on their way to take part in the Hostel's morning meal.

"Good morning Vysia," Ireth smiled at the older woman.

"Hello Ireth. Where are ye off to this marnin?"

Would it upset the monk if Ireth told her that she was moving out? Ire hoped not. She looked down, slightly embarrassed. "The Crafter's Quarter. I'm... I'm going to see if there are any apartments for rent. I feel as though I've stayed with you too long, nearly two seasons!" Looking up, she searched for emotion in Vysia's eyes. "I won't leave Nyka, not yet. And I'll come back to visit, I know how much you like having me around." That caused the older woman's eyes to soften, and Ireth chuckled.

The busker placed a hand on her stomach. "I feel as though I need to have a place of my own for when the baby comes. I'm not sure if I'll stay in Nyka forever, especially.... Especially without Savio. I might wind up going back to Ravok, but I'm in no state to do that now nor will I be after it's born." She paused. "Does this make any sense? Or am I just rambling again?"

Vysia finally chuckled. "Yer fine, child. Do what you want, who'm I to stop ye? Ye'll be fine, ya got a lot goin' fer ye. No worries about me, I've been fine fer a long time and will be fine fer a long time after this."

Unable to resist, Ireth hugged the retired monk. Obviously it was a very awkward hug, and Vysia wasn't expecting it so she stiffened, but it was a hug nonetheless.

"I know Vysia. I have faith in you." With a wink, Ire walked out of the Hostel and into the Spring sunshine.

It wasn't the first warm day of the season, but it still felt like a new commodity, and all of the city folk were outside, job permitting. The Eastern Quarter was swarming with people. Traders with their wares, shopkeepers talking to customers, children and courtiers running up and down the streets, dodging the people in their way. Ireth walked with the flow of people, sometimes waving at folk she recognized. A baker here, another busker there. And then...

She laughed. With juice dribbling down his chin, her friend Toan appeared through the crowd, munching intently on an apple. If Ireth had been able to double over, she would have. He looked so goofy! Like that piece of fruit was the gods' ambrosia or something. Provided, as he got closer and she got a better look at his apple, it did look like a fine fruit. But the look on his face was priceless.

Attempting to stifle her giggle with her hand, Ireth made her way closer to the artist. "Good morning Toan. How are you today?"
Ireth Telemnar
A tune for your thoughts?

Words: 169690
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2013, 2:41 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Places to Rest Heads

Postby Toan Onox on April 16th, 2014, 4:52 am

As he reveled in the delicious taste of the sweet juices contained within the apple Toan found that his manners slipped from his grasp, that is until he became aware that the presence of the ever graceful Ireth crossed into his path. She certainly had the look of entertainment on her face, all the same Toan made sure to let out a casual smile as he pulled a handkerchief from his back pocket and wiped his mouth and chin respectively. Proper etiquette did call for manners when in the presence of women after all. "Well a splendid morning to you fair lady, I'm rather well, thanks for asking." He allowed his casual smile to widen into a more natural grin, one that gave the impression that he was rather pleased to see her.

He was after all pleased, in fact seeing her same pale face glow in the light made him feel more or less uplifted. It was a feeling he never really associated himself with yet at the same time welcomed, as such feelings weren't often brought out of him when it came to socialization with others. He chuckled in delight with a glance to the apple, eyebrows raised for but a tick as he remarked upon it with a humorous tone. "Had a small start with breakfast today." He then thought to take another bite from the apple but considered his manners once more, as he did after all neglect to return the question back to said fair lady.

"What about you my lady, are you doing well on this fine and wonderful morning? Syna's graces have yet to fully warm our fair city." He slightly arched one eyebrow and then proceeded with a wink to charm the woman, a smile mixed between casual and pleasant blended into a purposeful grin for the woman. Another bite proceeded as a slight crunch came from the apple, only this time Toan was more prudent to avoid any dripping juices while he bit and chewed.

Ricky - Byron
Journal - Plotnotes
10-14-14 Update: Toan will be sent to Sunberth after his significant events in Nyka have been wrapped up!
Toan Onox

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Places to Rest Heads

Postby Ireth Telemnar on April 26th, 2014, 5:24 am

The busker rolled her eyes at her friend's tactics. "A real heart breaker, aren't cha Toan? Give it a rest, it doesn't work very well when you're drooling apple juice." There was a sparkle in his eyes that made her giggle again.

Deciding that, with his leisurely stride, Toan was up to nothing important, Ireth took her friend by the elbow and steered him around in the direction she had been taking before he'd distracted her. "I'm doing alright, all things considered. Just walking through life with whatever I'm given. But I must conspire with you my friend, and as my co conspirator I must swear you to secrecy."

Toan was only a few inches taller than Ireth, but she tilted her head to the side and looked at him from beneath her eyelashes, her face a mask of seriousness. "Do you swear not to tell a soul about that which I am about to confide in you with?" She had to bite her tongue so as not to laugh, but she knew that she didn't pull off a secretive, seedy look very well. But she wanted credit for trying.

She looked from side to side and, mock-deciding that it was safe to talk. She leaned in close to Toan, close enough to smell the scent of that ruby-red apple that he seemed so infatuated with.

"I've decided to move out of the Hostel." She leaned away again and watched her friend to gauge his reaction. "I didn't think I was going to live here in Nyka for very long, but I've fallen in love with it." Ire smiled as she looked away and into the city, at the people and the buildings and the vitality. "As much as I miss our city, I fear if I go to visit I'll not be allowed to return, either by my friends who'll think I'm being brainwashed or by my family who'll want to keep me and the baby close by... And that's the other thing. I'm in no shape to travel back to Ravok, and won't be for a good two or three seasons yet..."

Her heart nearly broke as she said those words. All her life she'd been taught and told that Ravok was heaven on earth, that there was no other place safer, no other place that Rhysol protected the way he did his city. She'd made up her mind to stay in Nyka for a while longer, sure. But to speak those words, to let them come out of her mouth... It was final. It was done.

And her child gave her a shocking kick in the ribs so that she wouldn't forget it.

Ireth almost laughed as she stopped in her tracks and doubled over, the kick knocking the breath out of her. She released her hold on Toan and wrapped her arms around her swollen stomach.
Ireth Telemnar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1)

Places to Rest Heads

Postby Toan Onox on May 5th, 2014, 1:05 am

oocSO sorry for the wait Ire! Things got crazy the one weekend I plan to cover some ground and hence the delay in the reply.

"Heartbreaker?! Madam, you wound me!" He mimicked as though he were stabbed in the heart by an invisible knife for a moment, a chuckle to follow as he then found himself in a stare with the woman once more before she would take his arm to go around for a stroll. It was great to hear her talk about how she trekked onward through her life as though it were a journey, a simple take on each day individually as she worked hard to see the next with her own two eyes. Life was indeed quite an adventure and one that always seemed too short and outlived, for Toan he wanted nothing more than to see he lived well with a mark worth remembering on the world. Once that would make his name live on throughout the ages.

Such a reputation was out of his grasp now but ambition would be his guide. He would do everything in his power to become somebody, somebody that everybody would revere upon the whisper of his name. "A secret my dear?!" He enthused with a light chuckle, as if he wasn't a man with a few of those himself. "Well if you insist then surely I must play along! I swear not to tell a living soul, cross my heart dear."He mused with an invisible "X" drawn over his heart with his right index finger. It was then her secret would finally be revealed to him, one that seemed practically simple compared to the things Toan kept quiet. It made him laugh aloud at first but in a friendly sort of way, enough to where Ireth would know her words intrigued him all the same.

"I think the idea a marvel my lady, seeing as how Nyka provides more... freedom. Compared to Ravok of course, this place has a sort of beauty all on its own." He admired as he looked around at the red stone walls of the buildings, he could see it in her eyes that she truly disliked having to admit such would be the case. Yet Toan couldn't blame her, and at the same time knew she was correct. To go to Ravok again would risk no return trip to this place, travel alone was difficult to achieve and when you were in Ravok... well it was easier to blend in with the "All hail Rhysol" shyke they did rather than go for you're own individuality. "Believe me while what you say is true, Ravok would only hold you back from being who you truly are. You and I, we are two Ravokians free to roam about. Do whatever they please as they discover their inner self along the way." He enthused with hopeful attempts to enlighten the girl next to him once more.

But then... "Huh?" She suddenly stopped with her arms cradled around the bubble that was her belly, the one thing Toan didn't really think possible of Ireth up until he realized it just now... she'd gained weight but only the weight one gained when with child, more or less when said child was in growth within the expecting mother. My... I certainly mistook that impression before. His eyebrows rose in surprise for a moment but then he covered the expression up with a smirk, rather amused to wonder just who had the pleasure of going that far with such a innocent woman like Ireth. That's right. Ireth's mystery lover, the one whose not shown hide nor hair for quite some time now. He noted as he thought out the situation as a whole, and figured that the said guy who could've very well disappeared wound up gone or worse... since it was Nyka.

So if that happened that left Ireth all alone with this... well to be frank; bastard. Though it would no doubt be a beautiful child, one that hopefully looked more like it's mother, but the standard that many would place on it would easily label it as such. For Toan though... he could use this later on. Somewhere along the lines this could help him out, maybe even benefit him afterwards should he kindly take to help her further. He had to hide the mischievous grin that developed and place a look of concern on instead, a lean in front of Ireth as he looked into her eyes and checked to see if she was all right. "My dear Ireth, are you feeling all right? You look as though something pains you. He noted as though he were curious, even if he were already aware of what the cause was.

Ricky - Byron
Journal - Plotnotes
Toan Onox

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Places to Rest Heads

Postby Ireth Telemnar on May 23rd, 2014, 4:59 pm

Giving a grunt, Ire straightened back up, though she felt tears of pain in her eyes there was a smile upon her lips. A weak smile, sure. But a smile nonetheless.

"Yes, I'm alright. Just the baby kicking..." Ireth took a few cautious steps, keeping her hand on her stomach in an attempt to keep the fetus at peace. "Come along then, I want to go to the East Quarter first."

As they walked, easing through the Nykans out and about, Ireth could tell that the artist that made his way beside her had been put rather off by Ireth's spaz from the baby's kick. He was keeping a wary eye on her. Ire put her arm in his once again and gave a smile. "I'm fine, really. Come now, step lively."

The East Quarter was the merchants' part of the city. If there were any place Ireth wanted to start her house hunting, it was there. Only because that was were the Mirilinds lived, and she was quite close to their family. After she and Savio parted ways, it was with the Mirilinds that she found comfort and stability. She babysat their daughter Nya frequently, and she thought of them as good friends.

The Celestial Garb shop came into view and Ireth took a calming breath. This place brough her peace. Of course that peace was all but broken when a heavy book flew past her and Toan and smashed against the building's wall, another scrimmage between monks breaking out. Shouts went up and punches were thrown as Ire bustled herself into the store, with Toan close behind. With an exasperated breath, Ireth strode into the shop and threw her hands into the air, the perfect image of a drama queen.

"Can these men not go one day without fighting? Surely they could be attending to something more productive?"

Tynybi Mirilind chucked from behind the counter. "Sweetheart, you know around here there is nothing but these fights. It's as the Celestials have allowed."

Winking at Toan, Ireth pouted. "They ruined a perfectly good book."

"What are you too troublemakers up to today?"

Ireth grinned when Oire Mirilind appeared from the doorway behind the counter that led to the second floor, the Mirilinds' home. "I've decided to move out of the Hostel Oire. With the baby on the way, I feel as though I need my own space."

"What happened to you returning to Ravok? You're going to have an awfully rough time being a single mother."

Sorrow passed through Ireth's eyes. "The baby would be born before I reached Ravok, and I'd be putting in danger the lives of everyone who traveled with me when we stopped. I couldn't do that to people. And after the child's birth I'll be too weak to return. I'll wait out the year, then we'll see what happens. Until then, I have my friends. You, Tynybi, Toan here, Killigan, Vysia. You are all the family I have right now."
Ireth Telemnar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1)

Places to Rest Heads

Postby Keene Ward on December 9th, 2015, 3:13 am

“It is the brain, the little gray cells on which one must rely. One must seek the truth within--not without."
- Poirot

Toan :
Skills:
  • Observation | +3 EXP
    Flirting | +1 EXP
    Rhetoric | +2 EXP
    Socialization | +2 EXP
    Philosophy | +1 EXP
    Investigation | +1 EXP
Lores:
  • Larceny: Apples from Children
    Ireth: Moving Out of the Hostel

Ireth :
Skills:
  • Observation | +3 EXP
    Socialization | +3
    Rhetoric | +2
    Land Navigation | +1
    Acting | +1
    Storytelling | +1
    Persuasion | +1
    Endurance | +1
Lores:
  • None

Post Script :
Short thread, shame it had to end. :( I like Toan's manner of speech a lot haha And that apple theft. Lol.

PM me if you have any questions!
Keene Ward
Chilly Wizard

Words: 1279864
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2014, 2:16 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2014 Top NaNo Word Count (1)