A Bear of a Task

When Mizas get tight, the Myrian must take whatever jobs she can get...even the stupid, reckless ones.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

A Bear of a Task

Postby Kaie on December 21st, 2015, 5:39 am

15th of Winter, 515 AV
Midday

Her kukri's tip whittled beneath her thumb nail, picking away the thin build-up of filth to reveal the bronze, clean flesh beneath. It was a dull task. Mindless in the way one might twiddle their thumbs. Her cloak hung loosely over her body, cleverly concealing the small arsenal of weapons expected of a Myrian to keep on her person. There was the gladius that hung snugly upon her hip from her weapons belt. The hilt of the sword peeped out from the inner edges of her cloak with each wintry breeze. The kukri harness sat over her shoulder blades, making one odd bump beneath the cloak where one of the twins still rested. The bow and quiver she'd left behind. Even she knew when it was over kill. Being that armed would turn far too many colored, suspicious heads in the city. Yet part of her scolded herself for not toting the extra gear. It wasn't like she had a clue what exactly she was volunteering for.

She looked up from her nails to spy a young man not far older than herself tooling about nearby. He was modestly built and not particularly tall. His face was squared and framed with a strong, dirty blond beard that matched his messy short hair. Blue eyes shifted about the vicinity as if searching. He paused several feet away, looked up at the main gates to her left, and spun in a slow, moronic circle scratching his head. By the furrowing of his brow and the poisonous expression of his face, she assumed whatever words he were muttering were believably foul. He adjusted the strap over his chest that bound his quiver to his back and clutched the bow in his hand. Kaie's gaze settled on him for several ticks before she finally addressed him.

"You're not Kyle, are you?" she tried in Common, raising a brow and gesturing toward him passively with her kukri in hand. The young man whipped his head in her direction and scowled. "Gotta be petchin' kiddin' me. A bloody woman!" She made a point to flash the kukri in plain view before she did the civil thing and put it away. What kind of petching idiot insults someone holding a petching knife? she thought with a shake of her head, teeth gritting for a tick while she reminded herself of the reality of the barbarian world yet again. Her back pushed off the wall she leaned upon to approach Kyle, but he was already making his way for the main gate. "Don't you have some obligation to fulfill? Like, I don't know, doing the laundry or breeding for one of these colored bastards?" She blinked at that, fighting the urge to bring her closed fist up to level him right then and there. Instead she feigned amusement and followed beside him anyways.

"Well you're definitely not native here."
"I'm pale white. I'm blonde. I just called the people in charge bastards for all to hear. What was your first petching clue?"

"The tattoo on the back of your left hand for starters. What's the reason for the change in venue? Afraid to get slaughtered like the rest of your flock did for a while there, Daggerhand?" His eyes widened at that and he practically tripped over his over feet, narrowly avoiding an embarrassing fall before the gate guards they were approaching. The right sleeve of his cloak was tugged down further to conceal the red dagger encircled by a ring of woven thorns. "If we were in Sunberth I'd have a dozen men willing to gut you in the street."
"Right, and yet you left such valuable assets behind you for...fresh grapes and cheese?"

Something seeped into her psyche right then like mist tossed skyward from the falls absorbed by the open air. Her feet moved just a bit quicker, and yet her body began to create subtle distance between herself and Kyle without forethought. The area of the main gates felt unwelcoming, and when she glanced down to see Kyle's knuckles white in tight fists, she somehow felt as though he was the cause of the shift in the air. "How'd you hear about this job anyways?" he asked between grit teeth just before they passed through the gates and toward the wilderness beyond. Her hand slowed in its natural walking sway to longer closer to the hilt of her gladius.
"You posted something. I heard someone read it out loud," the Myrian admitted willingly with a shrug. He stole a glance at her, opened his mouth as if to ask a question, and then just it immediately. Whatever it was it appeared he'd found his own answer. He shook his head.

"Look, I just need someone to watch my back for a bell or two. No talking. Just hang out nearby, try to stay out of my way, and be ready to use that knife thing again. Alright?"

"What exactly am I staying out of your way for?"
"Didn't you read my flier?"

"I said someone else read your flier. I just stuck around long enough to hear where to meet and whether or not there was pay." Kyle groaned and ran his hand through his messy hair, staring ahead as if fixating on the horizon would keep him from coming apart. "I'm a hunter. It's winter, I'm broke, and I'm hungry. I've gotta catch something and pay the rent. Sometimes the Sea of Grass gets nasty and it'll be quicker to do what I gotta do and get out, if I don't have to keep watching my back. That's your job today."
"Babysit. Easy enough." Kyle rolled his eyes but remained silent. The two trudged on along the path with sealed lips, trekking north of the city and breaking from the beaten road. She followed the foolhardy, sharp-tongued hunter for some time before slowed in his advance through the grassland's opening. The Myrian preemptively withdrew her gladius and dropped to his flank in the interest of better formation. He withdrew an arrow likewise from his quiver and placed it loosely upon the bowstring. Kaie suppressed the sigh threatening to escape her lips though her eyes warily scanned both left and right anyhow.

And let the babysitting begin.

OOC:Word Count 5,150/50,000
Last edited by Kaie on December 26th, 2015, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Bear of a Task

Postby Kaie on December 23rd, 2015, 2:09 am

As if it wasn't evident to begin with, Kyle was already proving to be a royal pain in her loinclothed ass. Each time grass so much as hissed beneath her boots he shot a dark look over his shoulder. Meanwhile he was hardly so nimble as he wove through the grassland, bow out before him to part the living sea. She had half a mind to bring a kukri back out and start hacking through the foliage like she would in the jungle. "We're getting close to good ground. Back off my ass, would you?" Kyle hissed at her during a momentary pause. How in the void does anyone know where good hunting ground is out here? It all looks the petching same, Kaie thought with a roll of her eyes. Nonetheless, she relented and allowed her new companion to venture much farther on his own. She advanced behind him slowly so that there were several yards between them as they navigated.

After a few chimes she came up on him to find a finger to his lips and a stopping hand. She furrowed her brow. He cursed beneath his breath, gestured with two fingers toward his own eyes, and then outward to the west. Amber eyes followed to spy a native deer quietly grazing a good distance away. For the most part its head was down, but now and then it would pop up in sudden fright and look about with ears rotating vigilantly. The Myrian gave a grand flourish toward the deer's direction with her sword. Kyle made a face at her but advanced anyways. Like the good little babysitter she was, she hung back where she was hidden crouched in the grass. Well out of Kyle's way.

The first arrow flew within a chime. It whizzed through the air before either bored Myrian or off-guard deer could comprehend its agility through space. It struck the deer in its hindquarters, yielding a cry from the animal before it desperately took off with difficulty. Not quite a prodigy for all that shyke talk are we, Kyle? She could hear him cursing nearby just before there was a frantic rustling from the same direction. The Myrian took off after him, quickly gathering he was pursuing the deer, and falling in with his trail of disturbed grass. She caught up to him in time to watch him place another arrow on his bowstring. "We have to get it before it gets away or becomes prey to something else!"

"No shyke. Let's get your deer then," she replied coldly before surpassing him. The trail the deer left behind was erratic. Blood spattered along some of the stalks here and there. Its shrieks were becoming closer and closer, until the Myrian rushed out of the thicker brush to find the animal struggling to remain on its hooves. The fletching of the arrow peeped out from where it settled in the tissue, proving the shot had sunk deep. Another arrow whizzed from behind her to strike the animal in its shoulder. With both legs on the right side out of commission, the deer crashed with a yell that suggested the wounds had still not proven fatal.

"Be still, my friend. It'll be over quickly," Kaie lulled to the creature in her native tongue as she skid to a halt to kneel beside the creature's back. Its head raised to moan, legs kicking for the ground in desire to escape and run again. The Myrian place the tip of her gladius upon the creature's throat. "We thank you for your sacrifice to sustain us. Return peacefully to Caiyha." The gladius sunk deep to silence the animal's cries. Blood leaked from the wound, but the kicking stopped. Kyle emerged from the taller grass with a huff. "Good. Now we have our bait." He knelt over the deer's remains and tugged his arrows free. "I'm sorry, bait?"
"Some are saying its going to be a tough year. I need more than a little deer meat to get by, savage." He withdrew his hunting knife from his side and began to gut the creature right there. Kaie wiped the blood from her gladius upon the deer's pelt before returning it to its sheath.
"What exactly are we really here to hunt?"
"A grass bear," Kyle responded darkly as he shoddily removed the deer's organs. Soon enough there was a grotesque pile of insides before him. He put his knife away and wiped his hands off on a rag he kept in his back pocket. "But first you're gonna help me take this carcass back to the city. We'll sell it to a butcher and see if he'll let us keep a slice or two. Then we'll come back out here and see if we can bait something worth hunting."

"A grass bear. Those big ones with the stripes?"
"Did I petching stutter? Yes, a grass bear. Now come on and help me carry this thing, will you?"

This kid is just full of good ideas, isn't he?

The pair hoisted the carcass up and carried it between them through the Sea of Grass back to Riverfall. It was an arduous journey navigating the grass with their hands too full to brandish a weapon, but they made it without trouble. She never even got one of those uncomfortable sensations she'd been plagued with as of late. Kyle ushered her into a place he called Kyloe's, where he had a back and forth discussion with the resident butcher in Tukant while the Myrian stood dumbly to the side. When their negotiation was through, the butcher accepted the deer in return for mizas and a few pieces to use as bait, and they were back on the streets.
"If you intend on killing a grass bear, I hope you plan on shooting better, too."
"What's wrong with my shooting? I hit the deer didn't I?"

"Oh yeah and you needed more than just two arrows to bring it down. If I was a bear, I would've run you down after the first."
"I'm not changing my mind. I need that pelt."

"Then at least let me help rather than sit there on the sidelines with a damned sword."
"Fine...hey, where are you going!?"

"Just wait there, alright?" Kaie groaned before taking off through the city in a light jog. Before long she reached her room at Godiva's Refuge, snagged the spear she kept leaned against the wall by her bed, and returned to meet Kyle near the main gates.

"Okay. Let's get your stupid bear."

OOC:Word Count: 6,245/50,000

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Bear of a Task

Postby Kaie on December 27th, 2015, 5:13 am

So there they were on the beaten path again back out of the city. They passed through the city's main gates for the third time that day, meandered out into the open, and then Kyle veered to the north again. However, this time is eyes scanned more toward the city's walls than to the greater grass beyond. Kaie narrowed her eyes at him, fighting the urge to smack him upside the head. Was he really so dim-witted to disregard the wilderness that flanked him? Wasn't that were his stupid, lumbering bears were anyways? Perhaps he felt her utter perplexity or preferred to hear the sound of his own voice periodically. Not that the Myrian would've been surprised if the latter were true. Shouting into the void made some barbarians feel rather important, she'd come to learn. All too often she found herself assuring them they were indeed merely a minuscule presence with a curt retort off the fly, especially when she was new to the world beyond Falyndar and likewise quite naive. Regardless, Kyle answered her silent questions.

"Just about every time I've had to dodge a grass bear when I was outside Riverfall, it was closer to the city. Don't ask me why," he shrugged passively just as he placed an arrow on his readied bowstring. He pointed the loaded weapon toward the dirt as they moved, eyes flicking about wildly in search for the tiger-striped animal. For about half a bell they wandered within sight of the walls on their quest, trudging through tumbled grass while thoroughly exposed. Every now and then Kyle dropped a slice of bait. She pursed her lips. "Apparently none to the north. Let's turn around and retrace our steps, then head south."

"You want us to walk up and down the walls all day until we find one? This is your master plan so important you had to tack up a flier? What Sunberth boy can read and write anyways?" she found herself accusing him without so much as a beat between the moment he shut his mouth. He turned his head toward her to shoot her some dagger eyes, and for a tick she swore the arrow lifted just barely off the ground.

"An orphanage that cared taught me, which is more than you can say for any of your dirt-dwelling kin," he spat back just as quickly, turning both their moods equally sour. She adjusted her grip on the spear that swayed back and forth defensively before her as they navigated. Just one sudden movement...just one good swing with your spear and you can have this little Sunberth prick in the dirt, her thoughts tempted her the tick her eyes found themselves dipping down to eye the shining edge of the darksteel spearhead. Yet part of her mind was working elsewhere. A Sunberth orphan. Like Senghor. Like Noven. Smart. Tough. Good in a fight...like Kyle. I do tend to fight the urge to strike them less often though.
"Your orphanage took me in once. There was a young cook. Scrawny. Scrappy little brawler with a knack for bringing pain. He fed me. There was a time when I thought maybe he was the closest thing I had to a brother outside the jungle. I remember the Isur woman who ran the place. She was kind." Kyle slowed in his pace, and the gentle hum of warning buzzing from his unpredictable vicinity slowly ebbed. "You knew Jillene?" Kaie merely nodded, and for the first time, Kyle seemed forced into silence than having chose it. Twice he looked to her as if he wished to speak, but words never escaped his lips.

"Stop!" She hissed suddenly, dropping down into a low crouch in the frosted grass and practically yanking Kyle down with her. He followed her gesture and fell into a stubborn crouch beside her with his brow furrowed. The Myrian put a finger to her lips and gave her spearhead a poke to their left. Toward the greater Sea of Grass a mass of black striped fur lumbered several yards away right across their chosen path toward a piece of meat. It wasn't as long as the first one Kaie had ever seen, but it was certainly mature. Kyle licked his lips. She swore for a tick the arrow was unsteady where it was leveled upon the bowstring. Shaky? He edged forward slowly and began to pull back on the string. He raised his bow and popped up from his crouch to fire off a shot. Meanwhile, Kaie separated from his flank to come up behind the bear. The arrow flew far and wide past the creature, whizzing over its ducked head and planting with a hiss into the tall grass. Shyke. The bear's head popped up and swiveled about, nostrils flaring. There came the sound of a second arrow being fiddled with by a nervous hand fishing in a quiver. The bear settled on the sound and snorted, shooting out a mist from its nostrils. Shyke, shyke, shyke! The Myrian hustled to get into a new position as quietly as she could, slipping around its back and settling just when Kyle dared to pop up again from his hiding place.

Another arrow soared into the bear's shoulder, eliciting a ferocious roar and a subsequent charge from a very big, very pissed off animal. Petch this! Kyle's eyes grew wide before he gathered his wits and turned tail. Without care for disturbing other wildlife he took off like a madman back north. Far from the closest source of help. Wait...Petch. I'm the closest source of petching help. The savage grit her teeth and sprinted after them, vaulting minor obstacles like decaying logs and small boulders. As soon as she was close enough she raised her spear and hurled it, only to watch it too careen well off its target. She cursed beneath her breath and retrieved it, pursuing the chase with the inkling that Kyle would become winded long before the animal.
"Over here, you ugly bastard!" Kyle turned his head, route adjusting as if he were going to try and make a break and double back despite the bear. "Not you, the petching bear! Gods!" Kaie exhaled finding herself coming back up on the two again the more Kyle ran circles and utilized obstacles.

"Kaie!?"

"Right behind you!" And she plunged the spear into the bear's backside, causing it to give a snarl and whirl around so fast she was sure it would've been the end had she not backed off sooner. She swallowed hard. It was back. Not the bear, that feeling! It consumed her, filled her with dread that begged her to get away while she still could. Danger, danger! it screamed in her head. She found her own feet betraying her and easing backward. The grass bear reared up on its hindquarters and growled menacingly. Only the foolhardy Myrian upbringing had her daring to jut the spear out to impale the creature again while it was raised. Then an arrow pierced its back. Another roar. Kaie backed up like mad, chest heaving more out of exhilaration than true fright. It came back down on all fours and whipped around to spot the archer, racing forward only to receive another brash prod from the jungle-born's spearhead. For once, it wasn't she who had found herself in the most precarious of pickles.

OOC:Word Count: 7,480/50,000

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Bear of a Task

Postby Kaie on December 28th, 2015, 1:57 am

Don't panic, don't panic. It's just a wannabe tiger, really...right? You've already faced one of Navre's striped monsters. Well, you lost but that's besides the point! her subconscious tried and failed to keep the Myrian's focus straight while the bear whipped back her way. One of its massive paws shot out to wing, yet the strangest inclination drove the Myrian backward just in time to avoid the dagger-like claws. Lucky guess? She shook her head. There was no time to deliberate whether or not the bear had given her some reason to correctly guess its next attack, it was already advancing to inflict another. Kaie grit her teeth and jutted the spear forward a few times, warding the animal off. The grass bear backed off given the darksteel's bloody history driven into its ursine flesh. Another arrow struck the animal from behind. It deliberated returning to punish Kyle, but its beady black eyes stayed infuriatingly fixed on the cloaked Myrian threat.

"I'm out!" Kyle shouted from behind the bear's back. Her beating heart sunk like a wounded ship. Out? She swallowed hard, adrenaline further igniting her body along with her gnosis so long as she utilized her spear.
"Of what?" she growled out over the bear's angry noises as it tested her, padding forward and snarling whenever the spearhead found its way before its face. "Arrows! My quiver's empty!" She only wished she had the time or luxury to free her hand to smack her own face. "How the petch are you out of arrows?!" "I missed a few times!"
"Gods dammit!" "Well you try shooting straight with a petching bear on your ass!"
"I'm a little busy with one in my petching face, Kyle!" The grass bear validated her claim with a guttural roar and a swipe of its massive paw that momentarily swiped her spearhead sideways.

Kaie launched herself backward to create room to realign her spear with the threat at hand, only for the bear to move forward after her. The Myrian made a few ambitious jabs forward at its face, hindering its quick advance and pivoting off to its flank in hopes she could wound it. The bear merely followed her lead and ended that strategy, putting them head to head once more. Just behind the massive animal she could spy grass swaying as if something were moving while the predator's back was turned. Part of a bow peeped up above cover, only to disappear before Kyle's whole frame appeared making a low key break for Riverfall's gate. That son of a bitch! Petch it. It's just you and the bear now, savage. If only it wasn't so very true babysitters had to take care of everything when the ones they were looking after shyke the bed on them. Did she mention what a horrible idea this all turned out to be?

For a tick she sat briefly on the idea about turning tail to run. It would be a sure defeat, but she'd live to hunt another day...except for the fact the bear was certainly much quicker than she was. If it weren't for her fervid attacks with her spear, Kyle would've been a ursine snack rather than a coward that left her for dead. Perhaps mistakes were indeed made on her part for allowing herself to consider the good in a person. Then at least she wouldn't be a dead girl walking, alone in the Sea of Grass. That wasn't to say she was surely doomed. Probably, but not surely. After all, dead girl did have a nasty looking spear still in her hands. Out of no where a stone ricocheted off the orange and black fur that stood before her. Her head turned to spy Kyle not too far away, yelling like an idiot. Both Myrian and bear stared for a tick before they recovered, the spear shooting forth to gouge at the bear's cheek. Once more it reared up and with one final suicidal surge of divine bribery from Myri's mark, Kaie hurled herself forward at the raised body. The darksteel spearhead plunged high into the bear's throat, eliciting a dark stream of blood and a limp mass of fur tugging the spear from her hands on its journey to the earth. The grass bear gave but a moan and an exhale. Then it was over.

Kaie fell down into a kneel before the animal, taking the time to calm herself and catch her breath. Kyle came sprinting in with eyes wide and a bright smile upon his face. "I did it!" He threw a fist into the air, laughing much like a man who excepted to die on his recent endeavor and nearly had. Kaie's lip curled and her amber eyes flashed a wildfire. She was off her feet in a tick, hurling her fist in a vicious right hook that plowed the orphan in the face. His head turned with the blow, feet stumbling back to catch him. "What the petch!? Are you petching mad?" The savage growled and lunged down to seize him with both hands by the collar, tugging his head a bit off the ground.
"That's for having a stupid ass idea that almost got me killed." She threw him back down roughly and stood. The savage found her way over to the warm grass bear carcass. Its fur bristled with a wintry blow of wind. Blood pooled beneath its body, tainting the grass beneath it. Sunkissed hands gripped the shaft of the spear, and a bladed boot braced against the carcass so that the weapon could be yanked free. Kyle cursed on his way back to his feet, rubbing the side of his face that was already swelling with an angry bruise as he came to investigate the kill. Kaie turned and swung the shaft of the spear into Kyle's middle, effectively dropping him back onto the ground with a umph. He looked up at her hatefully, clutching himself.

"And that one?" he wheezed as he did his best to regain his breath.
"That one's for being a shyke shot." Kyle shrugged his shoulder and reached his other hand up toward her. The Myrian set her jaw and tossed her spear to her left hand so that her right might clasp his. Then she tugged him up to his feet again. "We even now?" Kaie shrugged and gestured with the bloody end of her spear toward the bear carcass. "We will be just as soon as you give me what you owe me for the kill."
"Yeah, yeah, you'll get your half once I've got this thing gutted, skinned, and sold off."

"Half? How about majority. You haven't given me shyke for the deer we already took care of. Keep that, but I get three-fourths of the profit from the bear."
"I should've done this all by myself."

"With your aim?"
"Gods, fine. You'll get your three-fouths. Now just watch my back while I take care of this thing, alright?"

OOC:8,675/50,000

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Bear of a Task

Postby Kaie on December 28th, 2015, 6:52 am

Kyle crouched beside the bear and began tugging free his arrows one-bye-one. Each one was cleaned with the rag and put back in the quiver. The humble pie fresh on his palate had him gesturing his Myrian companion closer, at which point he cleared the darksteel spearhead of grass bear blood as well. Then he set to work with his dagger. With the help of Kaie, he rolled the bear onto its back and made an incision down its length. The necessary pieces were removed from the animal, and Kyle went to peeling back the skin from the tissue. The Myrian stood watching his methodical technique, eyes scanning the wider world for incoming danger lured by the scent of a fresh carcass. Then he split and spread the sternum of the skinned creature, and began to remove the organs. The heart, liver, and other edible pieces were carefully severed and set aside while the rest was carelessly discarded whether Kyle felt like it. Then he rolled the hollowed beast his way, and with Kaie's help, removed the coveted pelt entirely from their kill.

"There. Now be the hero and carry the pelt, I'll carry the meat," he huffed as he carefully stored away the meat into his pack. Kaie's gaze wandered from the pelt to the stripped carcass and shrugged. The spear's end was jabbed into the earth while she fiddled with the pelt, resigning to toss it over one shoulder and secure it with one hand. Then when her companion was ready she picked her spear from the ground and the two headed for the main gate. Soon enough they were entering Riverfall, and even the guards dared to raise their brows as if impressed. She couldn't help but let the wide grin spread across her face. It felt as though she were wearing some sort of prestigious half cape, or back at home draped in the skins of her people's most hated enemy: the Dhani. For now, the present experience was close enough. This time Kaie waited outside the butcher's shop when Kyle went inside. Soon enough he returned and led her back outside the city (to which she griped about his lack of planning momentarily), until they came across just the right business: The Stained Pelt.

Kaie marched to the counter with Kyle at her heels. In a tick the two were tittering back and forth in Tukant, with her fellow hunter gesturing to the pelt before he took it and handed it to the owner to examine himself. The Akalak twisted the pelt this way and that, running his colored hands through it with a careful eye. Then he took the pelt all together behind his counter and began counting out Mizas. Kyle asked him something in Tukant before he thumbed through the Mizas himself, counting quietly. Then he nodded firmly, took the Mizas and exited the establishment. As promised, the Sunberth orphan counted out the Mizas right in front of her ensuring she got her three-fourths out of what the pelt had sold for. Then he pocketed his share before the two headed back for the city to part ways once more.

OOC:10,767/50,000

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Bear of a Task

Postby Konrad Venger on March 11th, 2016, 2:54 am

Nice job! Your work has pleased The Sloth!

Kaie

XP:
Rhetoric - 1
Observation - 3
Socialization - 3
Tracking - 1
Persuasion - 2
Weapon: Short Spear - 3
Acrobatics - 1
Tactics - 2

Lore:
Observation: Not Just Seeing, But Noticing
Kyle: Former Daggerhand, Current Hunter
Sea of Grass: All Looks The Same!
Tracking: Blood Trails
Persuasion: Coming Up With a Better Plan
The Orphanage: Far-Reaching Legacy
Grass Bear: Big, Lumbering, But Tough
Kyle: Braver Than Expected
Persuasion: Fair Pay for Fair Effort

Additional:
+90gm from her share of the bear pelt's sale (three-fourths of around 120gm)

Click Me! :
Nicely done, Savage Suzy! I liked how you built this up and especially how you kept surprising me with bravery from Kyle The Sunberth Douche. TWICE you tricked me that he'd done a runner and then boom, came back with arrows and rocks! Still, good job clumping him. Silly boy...

I got the price from the Price List (duh), under Trade Goods, using the FUR, RARE option as my guideline. Your grammar was pretty much perfect, and kudos on using different colors/styles for different speakers, great idea... but proofread at the end of every post, and you'll avoid little Autocorrect mistakes ("bribery" instead of "bravery, for example).

Oh, and please make sure you go back and edit your post in the Request Thread to reflect the fact this one is now done and dusted. PM me with any questions and later 'tater!

||Common||Thoughts||Pavi||Fratava||Myrian||Other's Speaking||
Note: As of Fall 517AV, Konrad is known only as "Hansel" in Endrykas
Konrad Venger
Long is The Way and Hard

Words: 1060755
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2015, 4:05 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4