Closed [Sylirian Theatre] Addressing A Violent Concern [Sayana]

Ball tries to reach out and get a new way to deal with his anger and violence

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Sylirian Theatre] Addressing A Violent Concern [Sayana]

Postby Ball on April 16th, 2015, 4:24 pm

"My Speaking" My Thoughts

67th of Spring, 515AV
10th Bell of the Syna's Reign

It was an odd morning for Ball thus far, he had no reason to be in the vicinity of the Theatre and yet, that is exactly where he found himself. Patrolling wasn’t even in his mind, yet he knew he never technically off duty, even as a squire he was always diligent of his surroundings as best as the three inch clay man could be, after all he mostly sees feet or animals all day long. When he was atop his mount, the pycon was able to see their shins and kneecaps, unless they were children… Then he seemed to constantly see their faces and grubby fingers. It came with the territory of being mistaken as a children’s toy.

Something though about the sounds and sights he has overheard citizens of the Rock-Beast made Ball come to the Theatre and take a look at what was what. Ball couldn’t tell what the big deal was really, there was hundreds of people milling around, loud sounds, and whirling figures that seemed to catch people’s attention, now there was one that did catch the little pycon’s attention and that was multi-armed dancer before the Theatre itself, and it was to this one that Ball seemed to have found himself attracted to watch closer. Impelled by pure force of curiosity, that nature that was the norm of the Pycon race, Ball guided and directed Imass through the throng of legs. Exclaims of annoyance and huffing barks of attention from Imass cleared a path to be parted for the squire, mostly with looks of pure hatred or annoyance marking each person’s face.

It took several ticks for both rider and mount to get close enough to watch her dance. The apparent whirlwind of arms was rather mesmerizing and they caught the Pycon’s attention all too easily. The angles of elbows, the hands, the gracefulness of them all were registering in the Pyken master’s mind as strikes against opponents, multiple elbows and deflective blocks. Ball couldn’t watch them all at once though without getting nauseous, but they were a technique he wanted to learn.

“I would like to learn your pyken technique. Will you teach me it?” He spoke as he slide himself off the back of Imass, his view of her arms dropping to the lowest of her limbs forcing him to arch backwards to gain a better observation of all six of her arms. Yes… I must learn that fluidity of her arms.

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below
Last edited by Ball on November 8th, 2015, 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Sayana on May 4th, 2015, 11:33 pm

Sayana twirled and spun to the lively fiddle that played at one end of the courtyard. She held her red silken fabric with her two high hands and let it billow about her frame as she moved. She bent heavily at the waist to bring the fabric from one side to the other and then swirl about her in rapid arm movements. At times her arms seemed to be doing separate and distinct movements, each contrasting sharply with one another, while other times they flowed like water rippling seamlessly and looking as natural as a fountain.

She had come to the theatre not only to see the other buskers and compare her talents against theirs, but also to practice new things she wasn’t yet confident to try at the tavern. Partway through, she dropped the silk veil and put her hands on her waist to focus on some fancy footwork. The beat was lively and it was easy to work out some quick footwork. Yet even as she did various kicks and hops, she felt she was beginning to lose her audience.

In attempt to draw attention to her money dish, she scooped it up in one hand and began doing complicated patterns with her arms. Highs up and over, mids out and around. They were constantly moving and she was switching which hand held the money dish every couple of ticks. To add further interest she would insert a spin here and there, and also bend down for dynamic level changes. It was truly a whirlwind of arms.

Even as she ducked low and spun with her arms out, one could imagine her dodging an opponent and giving a retaliating blow. When the fiddle stopped, she gave a bow and a jingle of the coin dish as she placed it next to the dish of the fiddle player. As a dancer, it was only considerate to draw attention to the musician she danced to and she didn’t want any buskers here to become annoyed with her.

The Eypharian was about to get ready for another dance when a voice spoke out. For a moment she looked about trying to find the source of the words. After a tick or two, her eyes drifted downwards to a panting dog and then her eyes lit up as she saw the little clay figure.

“Oh! A Pycon!” She exclaimed happily. When she had met Nivel, the little pycon had most definitely made a good impression on her.

“You’d like to dance with me and do flips?” She asked. Yet as the fiddle started up again, she immediately bent down in attempt to scoop him up with her right low hand. She was expecting his weight and would soon try to start tossing him from hand to hand while giving him a bit of a spin. When she had met Nivel, the pycon had adored the sensation and being part of her performance and Sayana didn’t even consider that this pycon might not appreciate it as much.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Ball on August 15th, 2015, 11:28 am

The instant shock the pycon squire had when she knew what he was called gave Ball no time to answer or react when the Eypharian reached down and scooped him up. The sudden dip in her posture and then the whirling feeling his nexus was getting was not one he was greatly enjoying, he tried to stay steady on his feet, yet as her hands and arms twirled and she spun and weaved, all the while Ball was being dumped from one hand to another. The Pycon had no chance to take stock of his situation and he just succumbed to the situation.

It wasn’t until Sayana tried to toss him from one hand to another that Ball was able to gather a bit of the situation and when the hand he was on shifted to get ready to deposit him into the air the Pyken artist did the one thing he possibly good at this point that didn’t involve breaking her hand. He dropped down against it and clung tightly. Ball wrapped his body around her wrist, similar to a move he use to do in a combat situation that would force his opponent to drop their weapon, but this time he did it to save his own arse. The twirling and dumping was one thing… The tossing around though, that was not in the cards, especially not for Ball, Try as Sayana might, Ball was not going anywhere but possibly getting sick. “Please… Please don’t throw me…” He felt like he was on a ship again and the feeling terrorized him to no end. Unlike his usual hardness this time the Pycon was trembling in fear. The only other time he was thrown as during a training session with Ser Pycon, and that wasn’t at all what he wanted to do, but it was a tactic he felt was important to learn… Now though, now the pycon had no choice but to be afraid.

It asked, the squire couldn’t give any explanation as to why he disliked being tossed around like a toy, but it didn’t feel natural to him, it was unpredictable the outcome, the situation was almost entirely out of his control. Fleeing the Kriital he had to jump from a cliff and glide down that ended in pain… Ser Pycon’s throwing tactic ended with Ball feeling the trunk of a tree… Twice was enough, the idea of them frightened the little warrior to no end.

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Sayana on August 18th, 2015, 9:03 pm

The moment Sayana had the little round pycon in her hand, she began dancing to the lively tune of the fiddle. Soon she was spinning, twirling, and grinning gleefully towards the onlookers who seemed to come and go. Yet even as she moved the heavy clay ball from one hand to the next, he didn’t seem to have the same brightness that Nivel did. Well, she thought it was a he based on the sound of his voice. And then when she was about to toss him high for an acrobatic show, she suddenly found him wrapped tightly around the wrist of her right mid. Wrapped around? How did he…? The dancer tried to hide her confusion from her audience and spun round to face the fiddle player. She slowly brought her mid hands up high into the air where she could look up and see his clayish form molded around her wrist.

Sayana tried again to give him a toss, this time shaking her wrist a little at the same time, but then his pained words came out. Oh. He wasn’t enjoying it.

The dancer completely changed her tactic at that point. Instead of giving the pycon the wildest and most dynamic of movements, she brought him close to her stomach and kept him as stationary as possible, practically cradling him. She wasn’t going to completely stop mid-way through a song, but she could at least make the ‘ride’ more comfortable for the little creature. Her high and low arms still weaved in and out with grand movements, and her hips twisted and turned this way and that, but the center of her body had a controlled stillness and the mid hands that held the pycon were equally still. She doubted anyone would notice with all her arms going, just as they wouldn’t notice her head and how it didn’t bop up and down with the music. It took a good understanding of one’s body and much practice to achieve such but now that sort of control came naturally to her.

At last the song ended and she could take a bow without interrupting the performance. Sayana moved off to the side and gestured to the fiddle player to continue without her and then addressed the little pycon. “I’m sorry. I thought you wanted to go flying in the air like your friend Nivel.” The dancer apologized. “What was it that you wanted?”

By now she either held him gently in her mid hands or would have let him back down if he seemed to desire such.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on November 1st, 2015, 9:03 pm

OOCI know this thread was started before November 2015, but during the month of November I am going to mark all IC Posts with word counts for my own sake, I am not competing in any NaNo competition I just want to see if I can obtain the necessary 50,000 words)

The small Pycon could be seen trembling in her hands when the dancer finally stopped dancing. It wasn't anywhere near being potentially deadly as he had a good grip on her limb, but it was quite scary for the three inch clay man. He looked up at her when she spoke, his vision was slightly blurry due to being spun around in pace at first he was unsure he could handle, then came the gentle non-frightening portion of the dance once she realized what was going on with Ball. Then there was pure stillness, that's where they were now, Ball sighed.

“I.. I am sorry I should have made my intentions clearer originally. I would like to learn how you move like that. I couldn't keep my eye off of how your many limbs seemed to be able to fend off many opponents from all angles. I must learn that.” The pycon looked up at Sayana trying to gauge her reaction or thoughts yet Ball was no good at telling what people were thinking. Of all the things Ball could want to possibly learn it was dancing, he didn't realize that it was indeed dancing that Sayana did, he at thought it was a sort of combat style similar to Pyken, of which he was fairly astute in being a master of the unarmed combat style.

There was a bit of silence though as Ball kept thinking on what to say next, the fiddler kept playing and Ball rose a hand to Sayana and motioned for her to lean him down towards the fiddler playing nearby. Once close Ball turned so he wasn't facing Sayana and there was a brief moment of awkward sounds coming from the pycon until the soft clinking of a gold miza dropping out of somewhere and hitting the cobblestones before the player. Ball smiled and nodded to the fiddler before turning back towards Sayana, “I am willing to pay as much as necessary to learn.” There seemed to be a look of determination to learn and much truth in his words. Money wasn't something Ball was worried about giving over. He had enough of it after all back in the dorms.

He sat down comfortably though in her hand, he had no issue with staying there as long as she didn't attempt to throw him in the air, or something. The squired man of clay was surely heavier than his size let on, weighing in at five pounds of clay, it wasn't an awkward weight, but to Ball it was normal. I wonder if I am getting too heavy for her hand? Looking up at her he frowned slightly.

“If I am too heavy for holding you can set me down. I keep forgetting that my size sometimes lies about how much I weigh.”

Word Count: 469

Credit :

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Sayana on November 4th, 2015, 11:35 pm

Even as her dancing calmed down, she could feel the slight tremble of the little pycon. Poor little thing. He seemed scared stiff. And for a moment she almost pitied his lack of adventure. When at last she stopped and he was still, he spoke. This time she tried to pay much closer attention rather than assuming that the ball-shaped pycon was like her friend Nivel. So he wanted to learn to move like her. And he wanted to learn to fend off opponents from all directions.

Before she could reply, she noticed his movement towards the fiddler and guessed at his request to move close to the musician. The dancer watched curiously as he turned his back on her and promptly there was a soft chink. Aha, it seemed as though he was made of both clay and gold. Plus his next words made her eyes light up. “As much as necessary? Well then.” Sayana responded with a smile. She was suddenly quite interested in the pycon and her business sense was sparked.

Although he did weigh a lot for his size, she kept him fairly close to her body so the leverage wasn’t as noticeable. “I’m strong. It’s no trouble.” She answered simply and passed him to her left mid hand to relieve the strain. Now where was she going to begin? He wanted to move like her but he also expressed particular interest in the idea of fighting off multiple opponents. She walked with him away from the fiddler and the crowds the musician had brought, and made sure that they would have enough space for such a lesson.

“First off, you need to know how to turn. If you’re fighting multiple opponents and you can’t spin around quickly, then all they have to do is come at you from the front and back. And I don’t know about you, but I don’t have eyes on the back of my head.” She paused a moment and realized that she actually didn’t know about him. Pycons seemed to appear in different shapes and maybe he could have eyes on the back of his head.

Sayana set him down and did a quick spin on the spot. Her stomach was tight and engaged and her arms followed naturally with the movement. “The motion should come from your core so that you remain centered and balanced, and ready to strike.” Sayana explained. As she started to repeat the demo, she suddenly whipped out two small daggers with her high hands. During her spin she slashed left then right through the air, this time actually miming attacks rather than simply dancing.

“Now tell me, are you limited to two hands?”

She was sizing him up, trying to figure out both what he wanted and what he was already capable of. His timid nature from earlier made her wonder if he even possessed any fighting skill, but she wouldn’t say that to his face. Not when there were potential mizas on the line for an eager client.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on November 6th, 2015, 4:44 am

The dancer started her demonstration, Ball realized rather quickly the Eypharian didn't who she was speaking to. It didn't matter really she made mention of eyes in the back of one's head, and as far as Ball was concerned he was able to place eyes in the back of his head, but he had no idea if he was able to see from it though, for all the pycon knew it would just be a scare tactic – but it would be very useful he agreed.

Yet she went on, this time speaking about spinning and using his core. Ball tilted his head, realizing there was something there she spoke that he knew nothing about, “Core?” He rumbled, yet when she finished he nodded, “I understand. The need to balance.” Core must be something the larger pycons must require to keep stable. They do not… mold like I do. He made note and instead of spinning like Sayana did he smirked and twisted his body around in a corkscrew around the middle, when he came back around he saw her repeat it yet this time Ball saw a flash of metal glint in her high hands and he stopped. Unlike most races Ball felt no pain but there was discomfort, yet the glinting metal caught his attention and the next thing he did was shift his legs so that were straightened out and he had stepped forward as if to prepare himself for a possible strike.

Yet she spoke again, Maybe she means to show me something with the blades? If they are the pointed ends I am afraid she is going to stab at the wrong Pycon. He remained cautious of her words as she spoke. It was a simple question and instead of answering with words, there was a visible rippling displacement of his body's clay as three more arms sprouted out from both sides and a tail rippled into formation at his back, a smaller cousin of the tail pulled itself out from the top of his head. The new tail twitched, his monocular vision still watching the dancer in her body motion. He wasn't taking any chance at this point, each of the hands on his arms twitched shut and then popped open again, the sound of small air bubbles popping with each twitching shut-open of his hands.

Ball never understood why people thought blades being flashed around in the middle of the city of Order and Peace with thousands of knights around was smart, this wasn't the Fighter's Pit or the Training Grounds… This was the middle of the Theatre Grounds. Do not jump to conclusions… They might not be real blades. Something told Ball though that they were live steel and surely just as dangerous as his own hands… All eight of them now.

WC: 471

Credit :

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Sayana on November 8th, 2015, 3:35 pm

“You’re slow,” Sayana chastised when she noticed the little pycon morphing his shape to spin about. “It’s not effective unless you can do a useful strike while doing that twisting thing.” Her demonstration with the blades proved that even while spinning to look at her next opponent she could be preparing to strike them.

However, when he morphed himself to show not six but eight arms, she smiled. So he could mutate to become quite flexible indeed. “Ahh, very good,” she spoke with a nod. “Although, you still might have difficulty reaching multiple opponents at once due to your size, unless they are also pycons, or feet… But I’ll leave that to you to sort out.”

She didn’t seem to be concerned that she wielded naked steel. In fact, she drew a third dagger in her right mid hand. This one was larger than the two throwing ones, and had an ornate hilt carved in the likeness of a cobra. “Now, in dancing it is important to be able to move each body part in isolation.” She did a twist of her hips, a circle of her chest, and a brief shimmy of her shoulders. With each action the rest of her body remained perfectly still. “That way you can do them all at the same time, or avoid wasting energy or doing unwanted movement when you don’t have to.” Briefly, she did all three movements at the same time.

“For fighting, I want to be good at each of my different attacks, no matter which arm. And then I want to be able to choose whether to just use my arm, or engage my whole body.” Sayana checked that no one was too close and then demonstrated a diagonal slash with her ornate dagger that stopped abruptly. Then for her second strike she wound up her whole body and stepped forwards with her left foot while slashing diagonally with the same blade and following through as she turned. She was already raising her left high hand as if to block an attack when she remembered that was the end of that particular exercise.

“You definitely want to use the movement of your body, but sometimes you have to strike in opposite ways that don’t match your body’s movement.” She made two outward slashes at the same time with her small blades, yet it was noticeable how much less force there was to those strikes.

The Eypharian had rarely thought about her multi-wield style and generally just did what felt natural, yet when she was explaining it to someone else, especially comparing it to her dance, she learned new insights. She hadn’t quite realized the importance of isolating separate slashes and stabs, even though she knew she ought to practice with each hand. And if there were ways to better combine strikes while maintaining the movement and energy, she ought to figure those out.

“And don’t forget about unarmed combat. You can do a lot with your ‘empty’ hands.” Sayana added with a grin while she wiggled her two low hands and her mid left.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Dove Brown on February 1st, 2016, 5:36 pm

Your Grades!
Brought to you on the wings of a Dove!

Please remember to edit your grading request. If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding your grade, please do not hesitate to send me a PM.

Name: Ball
XP Award:
  • Riding (dog) 1
  • Observation 2
  • Socialisation 1
  • Negotiation 1
Lore:
  • Sayana: knows what a pycon is
  • Pyken: holding on by wrapping around a wrist
  • Pyken: Six armed combat patterns
  • Dancing: sickening and scary
  • Motion should come from the core?
Notes: Enjoy your grades

Name: Sayana
XP Award:
  • Dancing 2
  • Teaching 2
  • Intelligence 1
  • Dual Wield 2
Lore:
  • Dancing with a money dish
  • Ball: a pycon
  • Ball: doesn't like to be tossed
  • Teaching: include demonstrations
  • Dancing: moving body parts in isolation
Notes: Enjoy your grades
Very busy at work. May not be around much for a while.
Threads: 3/3

Dove Brown
Keeping my head, my backbone, and my heart

Words: 181194
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2015, 9:36 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)