PM to join A Course of a Wolf Pack (Dove)

Ferrin follows a trail of Wolf pawprints. And encounters Dove.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

A Course of a Wolf Pack (Dove)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on December 16th, 2015, 3:26 pm

Ferrin

The small cottage was warm perhaps a bit to warm maybe. But the heat was pleasant and comfortable. Ferrin felt glad that Dove managed to respond. He doesn't enjoy experiencing the awkward quietness. Dove simply replied to his inquiry, of liking to cook. And watching the birds, besides when they eat the crops. She poured the hot water from her kettle not only into the pot where the soup was being cooked, but as well as the two cups, each with mint occupiying them.

The aroma of cooked soup soon wafted throughout the cottage and it released even more pleasant thoughts. Dove explained how she liked to watch the birds, except when they are unfortunate and eat away the crops. He found out why she was named Dove. It was because of her father, he liked the company of birds to and named her after one."Oh. " Ferrin replied warmly and. It was interesting to Ferrin. Ferrin was after an Akalak. One who his father became great friends with, the Akalak had already deceased before Ferrin had been born though.

Dove came back from the pot holding two more bowls of pea soup that looked hot to the touch. She also asked him of the same question." Well, I don't usually do much... Just go out to hunt. Since it is my occupation. But I'm currently training so I can become strong enough to join the Knights."Ferrin replied slowly. "I also do play the lute. But I'm not to good at it. How about you, do you play any instruments?" Ferrin asked confidentaly.

OOCsorry Dove, about the last post. Haven't been feeling 100% lately. Again sorry Dove.

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Dove Brown on December 17th, 2015, 12:21 am

She set a spoon in each bowl of hot soup and retreated back to the edge of her bed to eat. "No, no instruments. I sing sometimes, when we're working in the fields." There she sang along with the worksongs, where it was more important that you were in time and kept in time with the work, than how you sounded. "I'm not that good at it though." She alternated spoonfuls of soup with bites of bread, trying not to drop anything on her bedding.

When she heard that he was planning to join the knights, her toes clenched inside her boots, out of sight, though it made her legs go rigid. She didn't want the knights' attention, didn't need their attention on her life. If she'd known earlier - but she hadn't and now it was too late, he was here. She took a mouthful of mint tea to buy more time, and wash away the sour taste of fear in her mouth. She'd worked too hard on the soup to let it be spoiled now by that particular taste.

"What do you train in? I have my sling, and I've learned a little about fighting unarmed." She looked ruefully at her bruised arm. "Not enough to dodge wolves though. They were a bit bigger than my usual prey."

She left it at that, choosing instead to appease her hunger by finishing her meal. It was good enough for her, but not spectacular. On the other hand, neither was it the disaster last year's birthday feast had been, when she'd somehow managed to coat everything in strong garlic.
Last edited by Dove Brown on December 17th, 2015, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Very busy at work. May not be around much for a while.
Threads: 3/3

Dove Brown
Keeping my head, my backbone, and my heart

Words: 181194
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2015, 9:36 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on December 17th, 2015, 1:33 am

Ferrin

Ferrin ate his soup and his bread. Switching evet now and then to finish his meal in a timely manner. He wanted to be careful, to not drop anything on Dove's moderately clean floor. He listened to Dove intently as she spoke. Good thing that Ferrin was right handed, otherwise it would be very challenging to eat with his opposite hand. Dove said she signs. She also added in how she isn't to good at it. Well at least they have that in common. The two of them aren't very good in music."Well, I actually trained with my short broadsword. I sometimes go out in the woods to use a tree for archery practice. Every now and then I go to the Antinous Fighting Pits." He paused taking a bite of the warm delicious soup.

"So you work on unarmed combat? Sadly, I don't know much about it. Oh and of course, your sling.It certainly can be a very good weapon to use. My father tried teaching me the sling. I'm just not to accurately precised with the tool." After he had said 'father' he slowed his response. He didn't really enjoy talking about home."Yeah those wolves, if neither of us hadn't acted quick enough we would have both been dinner..."Whenever he has had met someone, it usually is in some fighting situation.

There has been at least one or two other people that he had met, that didn't involve fighting. Is violence really an answer to everything? The only reason why he wanted to join the Knights, was not only because of his father. But so he can find himself a sense of pride within him. He was nearly done with his food. Before his hand started to throb again. "Petching wolves." He thought. He wondered why they would have to be so vicious. Why can't they just be more peaceftul? It made sense though. The wolves are here, so they can help keep the life cycle running. Although they might be on the too of the predatory charts. He started eating again. The throbbing now decreasing.

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Elias Caldera on February 13th, 2016, 12:44 am

Behold, Your Just Rewards!

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Experience and Lore :
Skills
  • Wilderness Survival +1
  • Observation +5
  • Hunting +3
  • Running +1
  • Tracking +2
  • Socialization +5
  • Rhetoric +2
  • Negotiation +2
  • Flirting +1
  • Longbow +1
  • Brawling +1
  • Broadsword +1
  • Animal Husbandry +1
  • Medicine +1

Lores
  • Wilderness Survival: Locating Drinking Water
  • Dove: A Farmer... Mostly
  • Dove: The Young Girl's Story
  • Hunting: Tracking and Slaying Wolves
  • Wolves: Dangerous Pack Hunters
  • Medicine: Cleaning the Wound
  • Avoiding the Past

Miscellaneous :
Injuries
  • I'm going to forego any injuries because this was done last season. If you were hoping for one however, or a maybe scar in particular, let me know.

Loot and Expenses
  • None

Dove Brown

Experience and Lore :
Skills
  • Weapon: Sling +1
  • Unarmed +1
  • Tracking +1
  • Navigation +2
  • Observation +5
  • Hunting +2
  • Animal Husbandry: +3
  • Investigation +1
  • Socialization +5
  • Negotiation +2
  • Persuasion +2
  • Planning +2
  • Tactics +1
  • Rhetoric +1
  • Cooking +2

Lores
  • Ferrin Al'Mandrikan: Son of Thorin, Slayer of Wolves
  • Ferrin: The Hunter's Tale
  • Farming: Rounding up and Protecting the Livestock
  • Unarmed Combat: Targeting the Weak Spot for Massive Damage
  • Wolves: Ferocious Pack Hunters
  • Using a Cloak as an Impromptu Shield
  • Goats: Nothing is Safe From Their Gluttony!
  • A Dream of Owning Your Own Home
  • Socialization: Playing the Hospitable Host

Miscellaneous :
Injuries
  • I'm going to forego any injuries because this was done last season. If you were hoping for one however, or a maybe scar in particular, let me know.

Loot and Expenses
  • None

Comments :
    At first I was like: "Oh no, 3 pages..." D:
    but then I was like: "Oh no, only 3 pages. Gimme Moar!" D:<

Don't Forget...

Now that your thread is graded, be sure to edit your grade request to reflect as much. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a private message and we'll work it out together.
Elias Caldera
Playa

Words: 1255799
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2013, 1:28 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous