PM to join Gather it Together (Pulren Marsh)

Pulren and Firenze gathering her things together and explore her previous living.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Gather it Together (Pulren Marsh)

Postby Pulren Marsh on January 3rd, 2016, 12:04 pm

Now, let's not blow all of this out of proportion. Pulren wasn't scared, per se. He just didn't know what to make out of the things that Firenze was saying and he had no intention of getting caught off guard should she decide that he would be her next plaything. Not that he would mind her playing with him in a sense, but certainly not in the way she was describing. He could understand chasing after his own meal, as fishing could certainly be described as a violent pastime for the sake of getting food. It was a stretch to think that he would enjoy playing with the fish, though. Better to hook it, pull it and string it. Keep it alive and less stressed. Tasted better.

Completely overlooking the addition of the dagger comment, Pulren rubbed his face with his palms as he listened to Firenze stumble over herself, though he didn't really understand why. If you are going to say you're a killer, say it. Be it. He heard her shift and took a moment to have a spy of it. He was rewarded with the moonlight against the line of her back and the sound of water being poured into a glass. He turned back and looked at the floor, smiling at himself. Perhaps it wasn't so crazy, after all. "Sure we're equal. Well, you are definitely better looking than me but we know that I can swim better. I imagine it all evens out."

He looked again and she was lifting her shirt to the side. A bear? An alcove? "It does seem a little weird, but I'm used to weird." He really was, sadly. It was as if every time the Watchtowers shifted, Pulren's life became a little more bizarre. Was this really all that different? He could tell by the quavering of her voice that she was nervous, so he stood from the bed and tried to slide his pants back on in the half darkness as she finally explained herself. She was a cat. A Kelvic. A tiger. Kelvic...It sounded familiar for some reason. "You can change into an animal, right? I don't know much about it, other than I saw someone do it once when I was going to hire a courier. They were an eagle and then they were a naked girl. Is that what you are talking about?"

He could hear her sigh and he felt bad about making such a big deal out of things. He felt the danger was over for the most part and there had just been an unfortunate misunderstanding. "Sorry I made such a big deal out of it. Relax. It's okay. We all have little things about ourselves that are weird. If it makes you feel better, I can make rocks appear out of nowhere." Well, not out of nowhere, exactly, but this was no time for a magic lesson.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Firenze on January 28th, 2016, 1:58 am

c
Chewing on her bottom lip, the stress of finally revealing who she was to someone felt like a weight lifted off her chest. She’d met people she’d known in her other form before but they never knew it was her. Now Pulren knew the real her and it felt good.

A sigh of relief followed as he complimented her and let her know they were indeed on the same playing field. She knew he was just being nice but it was still nice to hear. From the minute she’d met him there was a comfort with him that she never really understood. It just settled in her chest, almost like when she was in a favorite warming spot or snuggled in a comfortable bed. The reassurance from him made it all the better, her worry was for naught.

It kept getting better when he mentioned having seen a Kelvic before, she’d not met another like her but she’d heard there were others. Knowing that he’d encountered them before had all manner of questions swirling through her mind, but she refrained so she could answer his questions. “Yes, it’s like that. One moment I’m a human then next I’m not. I can show you if you want?” Her shoulders moved up and down, her mouth turned up at the corner as she fiddled with the cup in her hands.

He reassured her again and then mentioned that he could make rocks appear. Out of nowhere. “How? Like real rocks? Where do they come from?” Relaxed again her curiosity came to the forefront at the mention of making something from nothing. How was that possible? She had no idea, but it was intriguing! “Could you show me? Is that okay? Or is it hard to do?” She fired a million questions, excitement bubbling over.

Glancing past his shoulder her attention redirected briefly noting Syna’s light peeking rays over the horizon noting the beginning of the day. Her eyes went back to Pulren as quickly as they glanced away. “Well morning is here, I’m not sure when you were wanting to head out from the house but we could get an early start. Hopefully that will help with the heat on our way to the cove, unfortunately not as much on our way back more than likely.” She turned, setting her cup on the nearby table and began to dress as she listened to him, glad that the stress of revealing not only one but both of her deepest secrets to him. To top it off it seemed as though he was taking it quite well!

Spirits high she got ready to head out for the cove to gather her things and begin a her new adventure in the new city, Zeltiva.

Others | Firenze | Thoughts

c
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Pulren Marsh on February 19th, 2016, 1:02 am

As he stood in the cool darkness of the room, bare chested and curious, he shrugged. "You want to play a game of show and tell? I'm game for that." He traced his finger over the angry scar that stretched across the top of his chest, just beneath his collarbones. "Rocks. Right." Concentrating, he pushed the green mist of Res from the scar in his chest, his hands coming up to meet it and catch it, in a way. Congealing into a jelly kind of residue as he pressed his hands together, he concentrated on the essence of Earth as it filled the slowly solidifying space in his hands. Soon his hands dropped a little from the new weight of the large stone he had created.

He placed it on the mattress and rolled it near her. "Have a look. It's a rock, like you would find, well, anywhere really." He smiled, his lips smacking away the coppery taste of blood in his mouth. The light was indeed starting to filter in through the window and he was sort of happy that Syna might show him Firenze in her naked glory once she changed back from being a tiger. He looked for a shirt and started sliding that on and looking for his boots as he waited for her own show. Once she was done with her transformation, they could dress and head out wherever she liked.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Firenze on March 4th, 2016, 8:07 pm

c
Fire watched as Pulren moved his hand, a look of concentration came over his features. His fingers ran on a scar across his chest, she wondered what had caused it. As the questioned formed it dissipated as green mist began to appear. It was as though it was coming from inside of him, being pulled and seeped out of his skin. Her eyes widened, the whites showing around the color of her iris.

She watched as the green mist shifted and formed, gaining solidarity and mass. The color started to change as the green began to take on darker tones and hues. It was unlike anything she’d ever seen before. Is that what magic was? What was he pulling from himself? The task that he was showing her created more questions her ever growing curiosity insatiable. He was more than he appeared and it appealed to that nature.

As the form moved and took shape it dropped into his hand with weight, the downward force showing the change. She wanted to move forward and touch it but it was so strange, worry niggled at her on whether it would change back to gas from touching it. As he gave her permission to look she leaned over cautiously. Her hand moving slowly up toward his, fingers outreached. Hesitating she pulled her hand back, eyes moving to his, a wide grin on her face.

Glancing back down she watched as he placed it onto the bed and rolled it over. Reaching again she placed a finger on the surface, waiting for it to dissipate. Only it didn’t. It was solid as though he’d picked it from outside and brought it in. Her mind reeled at an interesting and unique talent. The grin plastered to her face, teeth flashing, as she picked it up and rolled it between her fingers, inspecting it.

Placing it back down she moved to take the shirt off that would constrict her once she shifted. It didn’t really bother her that he would see her naked, but she was rather shy about the fact that she was going to show him her natural form. Would it bother him? Would he be scared? There was only one way to find out.

The cloth moved against her skin as she pulled it over her head, tossing it onto her own bed. She moved away from the table, not wanting to knock any objects over. Her hands moved down her hips and thighs, as though she were trying to smooth a dress. She smiled at him just before her orange light flashed. Black sparks flew and landed on the floor of the room, though not heated and just dissipating.

She stretched out her front legs against the wood surface and shook herself to right her fur. Moving back she sat her hind quarters onto the floor, her tail flicking along side her. It was a strange feeling to be sitting in front of him. Her stomach growled low as the shift had used up quite a bit of energy and now demanded to be replaced.

A large tongue flicked out between her canines and licked at the soft whiskers on either side of her lips. Golden eyes watched him, a chuff escaped in a soft low tone. Her energy wanned and she shifted her front legs onto the ground. As she lay there she wondered for a moment if it had been a bad idea, her body was quite hungry and she’d have to eat and regain some energy soon. Glancing over to the table there was a loaf sitting on it. It wasn’t preferable and she’d definitely have to get something more hearty to eat before they headed out, but it would make due in the meantime.

Standing, she snatched the loaf and chewed on it for a moment while Pulren got dressed. Once she’d made a rather large mess on the floor of crumbs and most of the bread had been eaten she shifted back into her other form. An arm wiped across her mouth where she stood in the pile of crumbs. A hiccup escaped her lips, “Sorry I made a mess,” she chuckled, “I haven’t eaten since last night and I’m really hungry right now. We should get some food before we leave town.”

Others | Firenze | Thoughts

c
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Net on September 5th, 2016, 3:39 pm

Fire
Meditation +1
Rhetoric +1
Subterfuge +1
Socialization +1

Lores:
Meditation: Breathing in and out to calm down
Rhetoric: Telling yourself something until you believe it.
Subterfuge: Only telling half of the truth
Subterfuge: Half truths are still concealing of the full meaning.
Self Reflection on One's Morales: Weighing Self-Defense as Wrong
Revealing a secret: Being a Tiger Kelvic
Self Confession: Terrible Hunter... Being a Predatory Animal (Ironic?)
Palaren's Special Ability: Making Rocks
Palaren's Special Ability: Green Ooze (Djed) seeping from his hand
Self Restraint: Nervous to show secret.
Shifting: Uses Energy that requires replenishing

Note for ya: Kelvics were born into the world in their human or first form, but the truth is they are just as comfortable in their animal forms, whatever that form that may be. Kelvics are equally comfortable in either form.

Sorry for not awarding much in the way of XP. I found it hard to find anything. Any questions please let me know.

Pulren Marsh

Investigation +2
Socialization +2

Investigation: Asking question in concern
Firenze: Plays with her prey? That doesn't fit.
Fireneze: Tiger Kelvic.

Pulren: Please let me know if you feel I have missed anything.

Thank you to Sayana for this lovely template.
I will be handling all Zeltiva related posts on Tuesdays @ 1800 my time *
Net
Ensnaring

Words: 46023
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2016, 4:39 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous