PM to join [Rearing Stallion]A Chilly Day for a Warm Conversation

Alex and Ferrin meet and have a conversation perhaps with a few drinks as well

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Rearing Stallion]A Chilly Day for a Warm Conversation

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 15th, 2016, 2:41 pm

Alexander's words spoke of truth as the two conversed about the ways of the Syliran Knights. Ferrin heard clear that being in the Knighthood isn't just about the honour and pride. It's about who you serve and how you do it. You partake in rebuilding Mizahar. In the image of the light side. And not have Mizahar become built from the darkside's perspective. That was how Ferrin imagined it, protecting the good from the bad. Saving Mizahar from its darkest fears. Ferrin knew that being a Knight would be a difficult path let alone being a Squire. It seemed that Ferrins outer shell was a bit too soft to understand the words that would be yelled.

Ferrin had had just recently finished his cup of wine and placed another Golden Miza ontop of the lackoured wooden counter. The bartender quickly refilled the glass with a dark red colour. Ferrin recontinued with sipping the blood colored drink. The sweetness tingled the rims of Ferrins mouth. Alexander's truths of his spoken words held to Ferrin like a rock wedged within mud. To serve is to protect. And Ferrin knew of the hardships that he would possibly have to overcome if he was willing to become a Squire. It would be worth it defending for what was right, then what was wrong. But yet, something seemed a bit off with Alexander. The young Kenashian couldn't quite put his finger on it, but ever other spoken sentence the squire added a bit of sourness into the mix.

The squire wished him luck with finding his family. But, Ferrin wasn't as sure if the squire had meant what he had spoke of? Was he testing the Kenashian? Or was it the alcoholic beverage that might be... Ah, but does it matter? If Ferrin had family within this city, wouldn't some of them recognize the young Kenashian? Or would they even care? Repeated thoughts dripped into Ferrins mind like waterdrops falling from a rooftop repeatedly. And then clicking on top of the cobblestone built streets. The fire grew warm and Ferrin felt a little fuzzy in a way. His lips tingled, with a hint of sourness, but more tinged with sweetness. Which made Ferrin want to drink the wine more.

The young squire who proclaimed his name of to be Alexander, asked with a darkened tone of voice, where else his family could be. Soon after the questio n the musicians took a light break for a few mugs of ale and glasses of wine. How many drinks did Ferrin have? Two, three? Four? He had had probably lost count. What game is this Alexander playing with Ferrin? What difference would there be if his family wasn't in Syliras? That wasn't the reason to why he had come into Syliras. He wanted to become a Knight. A fighter, a warrior. No matter what name you give it, it still held the same meaning. To be able to fight is to have the ability to serve. And then protect the beloved Mizahar that held with good.

The answer had come to him, was his family in Syliras? Or were they? "The only one that would know of the answer would be my father..." Ferrin said with a hint of bitterness. He didn't want to offend Alexander in any way, but the squire is setting the young Kenashian on a slight edge. And he slowly filled his mind with curiosity and caution. The question is, what did this squire want from him? He decided to ask a question of his own for a change as well,"Sorry, do you have any family here in Syliras?" Ferrin asked slowly. His lips still tingled with sweetness and a hint of bitterness as well,aybe he should go back to just drinking water instead?

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 15th, 2016, 4:13 pm

Time stamp

Time

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

A loud snap and a hard crack. Two noises punctuated the softening of the noise filling the tavern as patrons began to filter out going back to their daily routines and their shops. Not quite trusting their apprentices with the running fully. Alex sighed the warmth of the hearth spilling out over his back heating the steel a little. A quiet pall hung in the air between the two almost like Ferrin was letting the words sink in. As if he was digesting just what exactly Alex had said. Sipping the beer in his mug Alex could feel the Smokey bitter tendrils crawling up his throat. This would be his last beer. He could feel the alcohol beginning to have an effect and that would be where it ended. A bitter feeling welled within him and it wasn’t the booze. He could almost feel the wear of his still open mental wounds. Just beginning to heal had been opened afresh.

The still moments eventually passed as Alex took another drink. The only one who would know would be Ferrins father. Typical. Always the one who leaves who knows the most. He smiled a little holding back a few choice words about fathers. Then another point of reference and another point where Ferrin tried to strike up a conversation. Did Alex have any family in Syliras? Far as he knew he didn’t have any family left in the world. A dark thought crossed his mind after that point…He was alone. He had friends but he was alone. A single man…No a single boy lost within the sea of an ever churning world. Before him a single ray of hope in his mind. Stay the course and stay the path. He’d find a place He’d find where he belonged, and he hoped. He’d find justice.

“No…I’ve got no family within these walls…My father left a while ago…I got a letter a while back telling me he was dead. So far as I know…I don’t have any family at all…” He half sighed half stared into his mug…Lifting the dark bitter liquid to his lips. All the better to wash the bitter pill down with… “So Ferrin, If you want to join the knights there’s a recruitment office in town. Go and sign up. Or do you still have reservations as to whether you can or you cannot handle it.” A small smile crossed his lips as he finished his drink leaving a small puddle of dark liquid still remaining within the mug.

“Question is to you then, what do you do within the city to sustain yourself? After all Kenash is a while away and to stay here for any large amount of time, you’ve got to have some way to support yourself.” A dry look now glanced towards Ferrin. A drawn out stare of curiosity. Again the fire cracked and a pall of a lull held in the air. The air growing stagnant as the questions lingered. What would his answers be?
Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 15th, 2016, 10:18 pm

The noise within the tavern grew more so. As Squires, Knights, and other men and women came to join the already large group. The Knights just doing their nightly runs checking on things as if it were just some normal day. The light tunes sprouted up again and Ferrin felt at ease for just a little. And he was unsure of what this Alexander was trying to take the young Kenashian as. Was this a test of some sort, or was it just a coincidence that the two had had met within the fortitude of this building? Was the conversation supposed to be thought out like this? Why were all of these questions roaming throughout Ferrins mind.

It seemed that Alexander was bitter of the statement that Ferrins father had only knew the whereabouts of his family. Why would his father have had kept such a thing away from them? Was it justifiable in any way? For petching sake, was it even normal to leave the subject of family behind? Ferrin started to become anxious at the thought, and he wasn't appreciating the fact that he was beginning to feel so angered. He grew anxious to find out the truth of his family. If the tatoo on his back represented his family symbol. What would Ferrin have to do to search for the rest of his family?

Alexander stated that he had no family to speak of. No family? Not even any siblings? To live a life without any family members is hard as stone. And Ferrin didn't understand of how it's like. Let alone, to have had imagined what it's like. He took a few ticks for his thought process to comput. As he had done so, the young Alexander stated that he had received a letter claiming that his father had passed. Ferrin knew that he should give his condolences to Alexander, since that was the way he was raised in. Being respectful to others, and you would most likely get the same respect back.

"Sorry to hear about your father's death... You have my condolences. Were you and your father close?" Ferrin asked with a hint of hope. And some pride as well, he didn't want to make Alexander feel like pure shyke for the memory of his father's death. Having a father's pride would mean that you have his trust and loyalty. Ferrin's father seemed to have had trusted his own son. He probably does not appreciate that Ferrin had left his family when it was a time that the whole family needed other to work together.

The questions kept firing forth to Ferrin from the young squire Alexander. This was one of importance. Was Ferrin up to becoming a squire and officially staying in Syiliras? But how would be go through with it? Would he take the hardships like a true man would? Or would be give up, but Ferrin has the pride button already activated. He knew what it would take to become a knight, be it five seasons or even six. He has the ability to withstand the challenges that his future patron might give him.

Would his father have had known that Ferrin would head to Syliras? Is that what he would have had done? Perhaps, this wasn't even his birthplace. Or maybe it would have had been? But those aren't the questions that Alexander had asked him. Was he up to becoming a Knight, and take the risk of possibly dying while in battle? What would he say? Alexander spoke of simplicity, the reason why he had wanted to become a Knight. To protect and serve.

"If my father had the capability to do so. And so do I. To serve is to protect Alexander. And to protect the Good from the Evil, is with pride and and courage. With courage comes great achievements. And the challenging goals that one must face will be completed. I will protect the beloved regions of Mizahar, with pride and honour. "

Ferrin took a breath, he sipped his wine the music and dancers continued with their performances. Awing every other commoner who at least took notice of these performers. Ferrin waited for a response and he took note of the recruitment office that's in town here. He waited for a response from the young Squire. What would he say now?" And perhaps, you wouldn't be as alone either... " Ferrin said with a warm smile. He hoped that Alexander wouldn't mind... Being best mates in the squirehood. Brethren with the similar goals in mind." Oh your also had asked, what I do for an alternate occupation... I'm a hunter.Ferrin said with another smile.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 16th, 2016, 1:25 am

The low din within the tavern picked back up just as quickly as it died down. Beginning to pick back up as day carried on. However he was adamant that this would be his last drink. Setting it on the bar and giving the bartender a small wave then pointing with a minimally gesticulated “no” hand motion and a short small smile he received the same. Seems the reason why the bar began to refill was due to the dancers getting back up on stage. Alex cracked a small smile the alcohol having found its way into his system and lightning his rather dour mood a little. Still the conversation continued. Offered his condolences? Alex simply sighed. And then the kicker. Was he and his father close? Alex never could quite figure that out.

“As far as I know…He hated me. Loathed me. Probably still does.” He groaned leant against the bar. Alex listened half fully half letting the words just buzz around his head like so many mayflies. If my father this and if my father that. Alex could almost feel the resentment bubbling up within him. Moments from striking the man opposite him who’d done almost nothing to the squire. Alex still felt angry however. A deep seeded loathing.

“It’s not about your father’s name in the knights, not what he did not what he didn’t do. There are plenty of squires from high born families, and not one of them is treated any different from the rest of us.” Alex gripped the mug a little tighter and finished the content swiftly. The twinge of anger had done wonders for his sobriety. “You can’t rely on the good will of your father’s name for anything, you need to be able to stand on your own two feet.” It was only then had Alex noticed just how tightly his left hand was clenched. And then a kicker. He wouldn’t be alone? Alone? Did anyone actually know the true weight of that word? How it felt to be amid the swirling blackness of the world? To be adrift at sea. Hoping, praying to find the right path?

“I’m not alone…” He removed the loop of sigils from around his throat and held it aloft before him. Subduing his anger as best he could and speaking in a less hard edged tone. “Should I ever seek solace I need only turn my thoughts towards the ones always watching over me…” He smiled holding a moment before placing the loop of sigils back over his head to once again rest around his neck. And as it turned out Ferrin was also a hunter. A kind odd coincidence.

“Funny…Before I joined the knights I was a hunter of sorts. Not many more I get my meals paid by the knights and my bow I turn towards a more difficult target. One that knows it’s coming.” He sat in contemplation for a moment. Quietly mulling over the last dregs of his beer.
Last edited by Alexander Faircroft on January 18th, 2016, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 18th, 2016, 4:27 pm

SorryReally sorry about the wait. And also I do not know why I'm having boxcode issues... Not sure why its acting up. I hope the problem is fixable.

The tavern was filled with music playing in the background. A light tune, but more of a folk song. Dancers danced on the raised dias as the tavern had been filled more so by commoners than of the Knights and squires who have had sworn their service to the order. Ferrin finished the last of his wine. "This was my last glass." Ferrin thought to himself. The Kenashian tilted his head back to the direction, to face Alexander. He seemed down, in a way. But, Ferrin can't quite put a finger on it.

Was it something that Ferrin had said? Or did Ferrin accidentally hit Alexander hard? Now, Ferrin felt bad, but not entirely. He was recently told by the squire that outer shell is hard as scales. Ferrin didn't know whether or not he should apologize. But, it's getting late. Ferrin didn't want to end this conversation though. He liked meeting new people. It was a habit that he sort of has. Unless, if the other people he would talk to did not want to strike a conversation with the young Kenashian man. Ferrin would leave them alone at that point, until thamey would want to actually converse with him.

Alexander explained that his father had had hated and possibly loathed him. It struck Ferrin hard like an arrow hiring the wood of the dummy. Oh, he thought. Was it really that bad for Alexander? How did Alexander resolve those... Issues? It probably wasn't right to assume them as issues, but Ferrin figured to not tell Alexander. Otherwise, he would possibly step on the wrong path with the young squire. And things might end badly, or possibly continue bad. Ferrin didn't want that.

Opposite of the dias, the hearth glowed a bright orange as an employee splaced a few more wooden logs to keep the heat continuously on the go."Well, at least you didn't turn out quite as bad. Following through on the Knighthood seemed about right for a path to take. Imagine your father still here, would you have taken up this trail to become a Knight. Let alone a squire? Your destiny is still shaping take full gratitude that your still alive." A cup of water filled the place of the wine. As Ferrin waved to the bartender to not fetch him another wine.

It's not about his father's name? If his father sworn an oath to the Order? Why would he still be in Kenash? Wouldn't he be traveling back to Syliras? Was he even a Knight? Let alone a squire? What happened to him, that he needed to leave Syliras? Had he ever participated within the Knighthood by any means? Or was it just a straight out lie? If he was a Knight and fully sworn his life to protect Syliras. And of course, Mizahar. To just leave the city? Why? Why, would he have had done such a thing?

"Your right about the oath. Do you think... My father had lied to me about being in the Knighthood? Was he even a Knight, and did he even have any family within these walls? Was anything he said true?"The good memories of his father came to him, he wanted to weep. But now he needs to man up. Crying over a lie won't get you anywhere. Or get you anything. It was a difficult thing to think of currently. Was all if these memorable moments worthwhile for speaking of.

Ferrin didn't know how to cope with it. Would he be better off with a beer instead of the wine? Or would he just be better off far away in another city? He can't just run away though. Not when things are going quite well in a way. Ferrin sighed heavily. His eyes drooped to the lackoured counter. For a few ticks as Alexander continued to speak, and answer the replies Ferrin had had previously given.

"Your words spoke of true gratitude. How do you keep solace with things that could possibly overwhelm you? Or even that, when things tend to fall hard upon your vitality. Did it ever strike you as difficult when you came across particular hardships that might be challenging for others in a way?" Ferrin asked with great concern and intentional disbelief. He wanted to know how Alexander coped with all of these challenges that have been introduced to him. His hopes were raised slowly as Ferrin discovered a mere coincedence between the two.

"You used to be a hunter as well? Maybe we should go out and hunt together some time. Perhaps we could give each other some advice while hunting? What do you think? " Ferrin asked, he smiled warmly. Eager to find out what Alexander would say about his few inquiries that Ferrin had brought up. Ferrin hoped that it wasn't to much a stressor to talk about these type of things. Was the path, a pathway to success on keeping Alexander as a friend? He hoped so.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 19th, 2016, 1:40 am

Listening to Ferrin was something that had started to make less and less sense. Every other time he opened his mouth the words contradicted themselves. Was this a thing in kenash? He shook his head unsure of just quite how to deal with the man next to him. He hadn’t turned out quite as bad. Joining the knighthood seemed like the right path. If his father was still alive would he have done the same? Alex simply sighed at the comment. “If my father was still alive I’d probably have been dragged off to some far flung place across the suvan sea. I’d be far flung from being a knight.” He signed slightly, the comfortable heat of the tavern occasionally drained by the entry of another patron to the bar. Did Alex think his father had lied to him? As far as Alex knew that’s all fathers did. He nursed the small spot of alcohol left and spoke. “If I was to speak in all sincerity. Take nothing he’s said as scripture. Fathers are prone to lie to their sons. Still that may not be true. I’m just a squire. I can’t denote someone’s intent from simply listening to someone else.” He smirked a little draining the last of his mug.

Ferrin paused a moment as if lost in thought. Alex sighed. Nothing is ever simple any more. I cant even go out for a drink without being hounded by questions. He glanced down at the loop around his neck. You guys really do like to test my virtues. Slamming the mug back down on the counter top Alex turned to stand. Stretching out his body which had gotten sore from sitting in one place continuously. It was about time he headed back to training. And then Ferrin caught his attention with a question about how he kept peace with things. That should have been fairly obvious by this point. “It’s not about me keeping peace. It’s about simply accepting the fact that not everything is going to go as you want. But having the faith and the hope that it will turn out right in the end.” He smiled exhaling and feeling the strain of his plate pulling on him.

And then came the kicker. Would he go hunting at one point with ferrin to give each other advice on how to do it. Alex wanted too, but something nagged at him. That usual sense of self-doubt crushing his will. “Ferrin I’m pretty darn rusty at hunting. It’s been almost two seasons since I have. I’m not even sure how I’d be able to give any tips.” He stepped forwards into the mish mash of patrons and people.

“Sometimes Ferrin. You need to stop questioning the decisions of others and learn to just accept them. The only thing you can change is yourself. A simple though no? But a hard thing to achieve.” He smiled and with that he’d stepped free from the building into the afternoon air the cold kiss of the frosty breeze snapping his mind back to attention as he headed off to the castle. He needed to go to the archives still, and unfortunately that was a place where Ferrin could not go. He carried himself with hurried purpose else wise his patron would probably get irritated with him.
Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Konrad Venger on March 26th, 2016, 3:31 am

Nice job! Your work has pleased The Sloth!

Ferrin

XP:
Socialization - 3
Observation - 3
Investigation - 2
Rhetoric - 1

Lore:
Rearing Stallion: Home Away from Home
Socialization: Greasing the Wheels (with Gold)
Kenash: Carries a Stigma
Syliran Knights: Hard Work making Hard Men
Alexander Faircroft: Exhausted Squire

Alexander

XP:
Sword, Great - 1
Endurance - 1
Socialization - 3
Observation - 2
Investigation - 2
Rhetoric - 1
Philosophy - 2

Lore:
Sword, Great: Using your Weight to Swing, Not your Arms
Rearing Stallion: A Place to Lick your Wounds
Wysar: The Fortitude to Rise
Priskil: The Hope to Improve
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan: Kenash Hunter
Philosophy: The Two Sides to Knighthood

Shared Lores:
Mizahar: A World To Be Rebuilt

Click Me! :
Nicely done, guys! I especially liked the little internal reactions to the words you both spoke, gave the reader a nice contrast between the Spoken and the Thought. But WATCH SPELLING AND GRAMMAR, that's a big thing with both of you. THEIR and YOUR and all the rest. Oh, and Alex, remember that "1:35PM" doesn't exist: it'd be "thirteenth and a half bells", or something like that.

Oh, and please make sure you go back and edit your post in the Request Thread to reflect the fact this one is now done and dusted. PM me with any questions and later 'tater!

||Common||Thoughts||Pavi||Fratava||Myrian||Other's Speaking||
Note: As of Fall 517AV, Konrad is known only as "Hansel" in Endrykas
Konrad Venger
Long is The Way and Hard

Words: 1060755
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2015, 4:05 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4