[Alvadas Location] Cubacious Inn

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Cadence on August 15th, 2010, 2:27 am

The Cubacious Inn tries to be normal, but that’s hard when you’re made of giant, spinning cubes. The building is made up of three large, yellow cubes that spin around their centers every other night. The rooms located within the inn aren’t disturbed most of the time. The inn’s patrons don’t even notice the slight shaking of the floor. However, once in a while, the cubes will turn at a faster speed than usual and the magical adhesive that keeps the rooms in place won’t hold. On the rare occasion that this phenomenon occurs, the inn’s unsuspecting guests panic and think that they are either hallucinating or being hit with an earthquake. In either case, the erratic spinning of the cubes attracts a lot of bard press to the inn.
Apartment Prices
1 sm per day for Simple Room: bed, desk, chair, chest
2 sm per day for Moderate Room: bed with softer mattress, desk, chair, chest, shelf
4 sm per dayfor Luxury Room: double bed, desk, chair, chest, carpet, shelf, couch

The inn’s owners try not to mention the building’s nature to newcomers. If one of their guests wakes up in the middle of the night to feel the floor shaking, they will simply make a pointed allusion to the guest’s having drunk too much the evening before. But even if the cubes’ spinning unsettles the visitors to the point of leaving the inn, they won’t find anywhere else to do. The only other available inn is the the Wolf’s Cave. And unless you happen to belong to an especially animalistic race, you will not be welcome there. So, most of the travelers make do with the Cubacious Inn.

The rooms themselves are painted in pastel colors, ranging from periwinkle blue to peach pink. The furniture is simple but neat and well-built. Most travelers opt for a the cheapest room, but more luxurious apartments are available for a higher price.

NPC :
NPC: Georgia Delner
Georgia Delner always appears to be smiling, her eyes crinkling pleasantly at the corners. She welcomes anyone and everyone into the Cubacious Inn (provided they can pay, of course). She is quick and efficient, always managing to be everywhere she’s needed at once. Some say that is actually a power granted to her by Ionu, but most dismiss such silly rumors. She always knows the latest gossip and is even aware of some of the more secret dealings going on in Alvadas.

Gnosis
Ionu-1

Skills
Organization 75
Negotiation 25
Writing 30
Cooking 70

Lores
Georgia knows all there is to know about life in Alvadas, inlduing a few tidibtis of information that are not meant for everybody’s ears. She might even share this information, provided you get on her good side.

History: Georgia has lived in Alvadas her entire life and cares very much about preserving its culture. She took over running the Cubacious Inn when her mother and father died, leaving nobody else to continue on with the family business. Georgia keeps the inn running smoothly and always finds a few spare minutes to talk with anyone who needs her attention. Georgia has been granted her gnosis makr by Ionu as a young woman, but nobody knows exactly why such an honor was bestowed upon her. Whenever anyone asks, she simply waves the question away. And yet, there is always that telltale smile tugging on the corners of her lips that indicates she knows more than she is letting on.
Cadence
Musical Silence

Words: 88873
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2010, 7:11 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Laszlo on September 16th, 2011, 4:31 am

Fall 26th, 511AV

A winding walk through the city had left Laszlo feeling both detached and mildly frustrated, particularly because he was forced to endure the exhaustion of carting his things around while he searched for the inn. Asking directions to the Cubacious Inn (after discerning that the place existed at all) had been rather unhelpful, as everyone had given him conflicting answers and not one of them seemed to be right. To say the least, Laszlo had been hopeful that the City of Illusions would be mesmerizing and terrifying, instead of just inconvenient.

Though it was rather nice that the roads seemed to be made of mirrors.

Shards of polished, clean glass of all sizes and shapes appeared to be mashed together to make the streets reflective and smooth. It afforded Laszlo plenty of opportunities to pause and admire himself, and he even took a moment to feather his auburn hair and style it into a casual tail. His pearly red horns were glistening particularly nice today. This bizarre illusion helped convince Laszlo that this city could and would be everything he hoped and feared.

Finally, the awkward architecture of the Cubacious Inn stood before him, and Laszlo was afraid to take his eyes off it, should it scamper off while he wasn't looking. Stepping inside, he was quickly accosted by a smiling face, attached to jovial old woman with white hair. Still in a bit of a fog from his short trip through Alvadas, Laszlo hesitated at first, his eyebrows shooting toward the ceiling. Getting a hold of himself, his eyes warmed and he gave her a polite smile of surrender.

"I'd like a room," he said immediately, but in a gentle and friendly tone. Laszlo enjoyed the kindness in the innkeeper's glistening eyes, and despite his prior difficulty in navigating the city, it made him feel at ease. "This is my first time to Alvadas, to my recollection. I needn't stay long, but I'll need lodging for at least a few days. I am rather tired from travel, so I'd be glad to pay extra for a softer mattress. Say… three nights in a nicely furnished room, madam?"

Shuffling through his belongings, Laszlo counted out the coin to pay the woman. After a final nod and cordial words of gratitude, he moved on to get a look at where he'd be sleeping.

Receipt :
3 nights at a Moderate Room at 2sm per night
-6sm Total
In the daytime I am one of Syna's fallen.
At night, I am Symenestra.
Laszlo
Team Imass!

Words: 635811
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2011, 3:36 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Victor Lark on September 17th, 2011, 7:22 am

24 Fall, 511

The moon had nearly reached his height when Victor saw the door he sought. Night had already fallen when he and his other had set out from the city’s gate, and they quickly learned why the man had laughed when they asked for directions. He had told them what to look for, at least. The sight of it was unmistakable. Both of his hands were sore from the weight of his trunk; he swung the bulky wooden box from one to the other yet again as he stopped to admire it. Heaving a sigh from each of his tired bones, the Ravokian glanced at the Lhavitian at his side. A smile heralded the final short stretch of their journey. He closed the space between them and the Inn with half a sprint.

Victor stepped ahead to speak with the woman behind the square booth, both puzzled and grateful that there was someone still awake to admit them. He deposited his possessions at his feet and crossed his arms over the counter. “A single bedroom, if you please. To last the rest of the season.”

Smiling wider than the lips on Victor’s mien could possibly imagine, she rifled with a few things beyond his perception and then produced a pair of keys. “Including tonight,” she said, “thirteen gold and four silvers will buy you a comfortable bed for sixty-seven nights. Or would you like—” Her latest customer did not seem to be listening to her question, so she paused politely. He scooped up the keys from the table and shoved one into his pocket.

With a kiss and a smile, he pushed the other one into Seven’s hand and suggested, “Go to bed; pay me back tomorrow.” Then he bent to retrieve his purse from where it had been buried between the rest of his trunk’s contents. From it, he pulled a handful of coins and only partially counted through them, shoving the rest at her with a knowing grin before he followed Seven up the stairs. When Georgia eventually totalled down her drawer, she would notice six and twenty silvers extra.

Receipt :
1 Moderate Room for 67 Nights, plus tip: 160 sm

Victor: 67 sm + 26 sm = 93 sm
Seven: 67 sm
Victor Lark
How does that make you feel?

Words: 412831
Joined roleplay: April 8th, 2011, 8:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Siofra on October 17th, 2011, 8:37 pm

Fall 20th, 511 AV, First Bell

Once again, Siofra found herself craning her neck to gaze up at the Cubacious Inn, the indigo irises gleaming with a feral intensity at the interesting ways Alvadas expressed itself. So far, she enjoyed the city, and she had only been within it for a single bell.

Her first bell in Alvadas had consisted of obscure wanderings that took her past some massive maze or garden, an eerily silent temple, and the same three houses in the same order around two consecutive left turns. However, Alvadas had not yet frustrated Siofra. The playful will of the streets kept her guessing every single movement. It kept her wanting more and more to explore, and yet she knew she should find a good place to put her belongings before exploring the Secrets of Alvadas.

It was with this in mind that she entered the Cubacious Inn and came to the desk there, awaiting on some owner to direct her on how to pay for her lodging here or to grab someone who did want to direct her in payment.

She could wait as long as was necessary.
We're part of a story, part of a tale
We're all on this journey
No one is to stay
Where ever it's going
What is the way?

OOCIt is now December, officially Winter in the Mizaharian calender. Siofra is no longer available to thread with for anyone after the end of Fall.
Siofra
Help me... I'm afraid...

Words: 48776
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2011, 4:59 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Sam Mentes on January 8th, 2012, 12:00 am

Winter 36th, 511 AV (Afternoon)
It was perhaps the best luck that Sam had ever received in her life. She had managed to find the Cubacious Inn within two hours, and it was surely not a site to miss. The large, cube structures made her stop and pause in front of the building before walking in. New sites and sounds were welcome to her, and a few nights in a strange yet safe place sounded wonderful.

She entered the building, taking in the room with a pause. This certainly wasn't like home. Sam approached the lady with a slow, cautious walk as she was careful not to run into anything as she looked around.

"I'd like the cheapest room for about five days, please." She said, taking out her mizas and pulling out the correct change. Handing it to the lady and receiving the key, she went up to her room to settle in.

Receipt :
1 Simple Room for 5 nights: 5 sm
Sam Mentes
Adventurer- kind of.

Words: 10364
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2011, 4:29 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tainon on September 14th, 2014, 11:41 am

1st Day of Fall, 514 AV

It was a beautiful day in Alvadas, but it was not at all matching the mood of a young Isur. A scowl was plastered on his face and his movements were a little bit jerky.

He stood in front of the inn for a moment, took his small bag off his back and into his hand. He had to do this. He didn't want to be stuck with the family business all his life. He had plans. Big plans and his parents didn't have any understanding for them. So he just left the house. He will have to fend for himself now and show them he was a capable adult. He knew he could do it.

He glanced around for one last time, entered the Inn and went straight to the counter.

He coughed. "I would like a simple room for..." He paused, making some calculations. "...for thirty days. Thank you."

The innkeeper took the money and showed him to his room, to his new home for the next few days.

Receipt1 Simple room for 30 days = -30 sm
*** Notes: Able to post at least once a week. Not a native English speaker, so excuse any small mistakes or if my writing isn't that neat and polished. After all, I'm here to have fun! ***
Tainon
Player

Words: 17510
Joined roleplay: January 14th, 2012, 3:49 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Amon Ironheart Terras on December 4th, 2015, 6:33 am

The 4 of Winter year 515

He was still walking through the bloody streets, Amon was a bit more than a little upset at the fact the he had yet to find the Inn. Sure the architecture of the building were excellent, the wonder of the different style mashing together in a kind of orderly chaos. However walking down alleyway that went nowhere and ruined that for him. That coupled with that fact the he hadn't had a stiff drink all day, did not helping his mode. He knew it was an Inn that one could stay at while in Alvadas, he didn't know how to find it however.

Dropping and resting in the shade of the canopy of a very large building. This was pointless and was doing nothing to help quell his rage. He could feel it building up, it had been to long since he had a drink.

Keep moving that was the only thing that would have any effect in this situation. One step in front of the other, feeling the ground under his feet try to remember why he came to the stupid city. Then the pain came back, the undiluted rage the hide under his skin it came with the hatred that collected in his heart. It stop him dead, Amon could see his reflection in one of window s. Rage burning in his eyes fist clenched, he had to relax. This was the cityb of illusions ,the city change he came here so it could change him. Easy this anger he felt and the first step to do that was to find the Inn.

He was final able to find a build that matched its description a few hour before sunset. Stumbling a bit through the door making his way to the counter. Which seemed to be manned by the most kindly looking old lady Amon had even come across. That face along to his anger down a few levels.

Clearly his throat softly to get her attention." I'm going to need a room for at least five days. If I need more I'll pay as they come. I don't need anything fancy however a basic room will do. So how much do I owe you ?

Reaching in to take out the amount needed to pay the innkeeper and receiving a key with the number 4 stamped on it.

receipt :
-5 sm for one simple for five nights
My characters so far
Amon
Amon Ironheart Terras
Player

Words: 34914
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2015, 3:14 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lucas Arias on March 14th, 2016, 6:55 am

Spring 1, 516 AV

The Cubacious Inn was the strangest inn the red haired ex-squire had ever seen. That was probably because he hadn’t seen a lot of strange inns yet. Since he had left university (without graduating), he’d been on the road. He’d been to Nyka, Zeltiva and even back to Syliras to meet his parents who’d had another baby in the meantime to make up for their failure of a firstborn (him). He’d stayed in about a dozen different inns, but none of them had moved.

He just stood in front of the building for at least half a bell and watched and watched until his head seemed to spin as well, but he just couldn’t figure out what it was that made he Cubacious Inn move. Magic? Gadgeteering? Probably a combination of the two. Or maybe it was all an illusion. Alvadas was a seriously weird city.

Since he couldn’t figure out what made the inn move, he walked in. He’d probably uncover its secret if he stayed at the inn for a while. It was late, and he was already rather tired. He just wanted to lie down.

“Good evening”, he said (because greeting was polite, and he was polite, most of the time). “I’d like your cheapest room. I’ll be staying a season.” The cheapest, smallest room would do. Lucas didn’t own a lot of things, and thus he didn’t need a lot of space. These past couple of years he hadn’t been in a place long enough to acquire more possessions than he could carry on his back or in his hands.

Receipt:
Secret :
91 nights in a Simple Room = 91 sm = 9 GM 1 SM
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Words: 231699
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2011, 12:10 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Karin on April 18th, 2016, 3:11 pm

3rd Spring 516 AV

From here.

There wasn't an eagle, like she had imagined. Instead, the interior was normal, painted in pastel shades that felt out of place with Karin at that current point in time. She approached the desk where the proprietor was. The woman finished talking to someone who's back was turned to Karin, and she stepped forwards.

"Could I get a room please? Uh, for... four nights?" It was a surprisingly short time, now that she thought of it. However, the woman simply nodded and stated the price. Karin handed over 4 silver mizas and got given a key in return. "Your room is up those stairs and is the second on the right, enjoy your stay!"

Receipt :
-4 SM for a simple room for four nights.

10/7/17- All my threads are marked [open] and as such are open to all. :)
Karin
Ocean gazing

Words: 384298
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 10:05 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Sorla on April 25th, 2017, 1:04 am

24th Spring, 517

After leaving the Sanity Centre, Sorla headed off purposefully through the city. After just a few steps she noticed that she was walking on what felt like... it couldn't be... yes, it was. She was walking on fur. Tiger, from the looks of it. She shuddered. It felt so terribly alive.

Four hours later, and she was yet to see anything that looked like the big, yellow inn of Serenity Berel's description. Serenity's words echoed in her head: 'You'll find it eventually. Trust me.'

She grimaced. The last thing she felt like doing was trusting a madwoman in a mad city. She carried on. She had been walking long distances almost daily for more than six months, so an extra few hours made no difference. Still, she was keen to find Rikar some food. Unlike out in the wilderness, he couldn't scavenge for himself here. She would have to think about how to keep him fed. She chuckled to herself, remembering the first time he had caught a mouse and brought it to her, proudly. They had been working more and more smoothly together since they left Wind Reach, and were now a well-oiled team, but at the beginning she had struggled to get him to even chase anything, let alone catch it and bring it back.

Suddenly, she saw a large building made up of three yellow cubes in front of her. It seemed to have appeared just when she had stopped thinking about it. Something to bear in mind perhaps.

She headed inside. An elderly lady smiled at her from behind a counter. Sorla was exhausted, but remembered her manners this time. 'Please, I want a room for the rest of the season. The cheapest you've got. Thank you.'

She handed over the money - 6 gold mizas and 7 silver mizas - and headed up to the room the woman described. It was painted a pale shade of green, like the first leaves of spring outside Wind Reach. She swallowed. Tonight would be the first night she had ever spent truly alone. She silently thanked her two favourite deities, Priskil and Eywaat, that she had Rikar. That reminded her, she needed to find him some food. She went back downstars.

'This might be quite an odd question,' she said to the woman at the counter, 'but do you have mice in this inn?'

'How dare you! This is a respectable establishment, as far as Alvadas goes at least. You won't find any vermin in here.' Sorla wondered if the woman was perhaps protesting too vehemently.

'Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. It's just... my crow needs feeding, and he likes to eat mice, and I thought if you wanted to get rid of any... I wouldn't tell anyone.' She smiled what she hoped was a winning smile.

The woman looked around. 'Well... we do have the occasional mouse. Very occasional, you understand. The cat has a bad habit of leaving them on the stairs actually. If it could catch any, your bird could certainly eat them. Not that you'll find many, of course. As I say, this is a clean house. And we didn't have this conversation.'

'Thank you,' Sorla said. 'You have been very helpful.' If she could feed Rikar mice from the inn, she might be able to cut down on her expenses. And she had the feeling it wouldn't be a bad idea to get the innkeeper on side either.

For now, she headed back upstairs, to her first bed for more than two seasons. She slept soundly that night.

Receipt :
6 GMs and 7 SMs for 67 nights lodging
Sorla
Player

Words: 51074
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2017, 10:32 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next