PM to join Coming to terms, and failing.

Alex comes to terms with taking his first life and finds no solace within his own mind.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Coming to terms, and failing.

Postby Irathia on March 3rd, 2016, 2:43 am

Irathia felt anger well up in her body, "Alex, you had the luxury of killing what I assume is a bandit. I, on the other hand, killed my only friend." Irathia said, spite was in her voice at this point. "I blacked out, and awoke with blood covering my chin, neck, and chest. My friends throat was in my mouth, I ate him. Alex, I suddenly blacked out, and next thing I know my best friend was a corpse in my lap, half freaking eaten and my mind came to expecting me to continue the job." She said, she refused to look at Alex as she rose to her feet.

Alex was anything but a monster, a good man that made a mistake. "A monster is some thing that shouldn't exist. I, was born from two races that want to rip one another to shreds. A monster is some one that enjoys eating and killing innocents, I enjoyed the taste of blood. I swallowed the bite, Alex, I wanted to at the time. I became a knight to become a symbol, and to not become a rampaging monster." Irathia said, she felt her legs carry her forward towards the hall way.

She stepped into the door way, her face returning to a emotionless mask, she looked back at the man huddled into the corner. "If that isn't acting like a monster, then I don't know what is." Irathia said, slamming the door as she brought the hood of her cloak around her head. She walked quickly out of the squire Dormitories, some tears welling in her eyes as she realized she suddenly turned what should have been helping her friend into her yelling at Alex about her past.

She felt some large hot tears roll down the sides of her face, she quickly swatted them off of her cheeks. Why was she crying? She wasn't sure if was for Alex or the fact she just revealed something she was hiding for so long. She felt like a complete idiot, like she should be here... She quickly shook the thoughts from her mind and continued to walk down the streets of Syliras.
Irathia
Player

Words: 99507
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2016, 4:34 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alexander Faircroft on March 3rd, 2016, 2:20 pm

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

A Luxury!? A petching LUXURY!? Alex nearly lashed out then and there. He didn’t however as she continued. Recounting what had happened to her, what she’d done. A chill ran down his spine as he peered his eyes up lightly from his knees to glance over at her as she rose away from him. Alex felt his fingers curl into fists in his hands. He’d killed someone but she was fighting becoming something she didn’t want to be. She knew this situation better than he did, better than he possibly ever would and from the sound of it she’d been coping a lot longer than he had. He went to reach a hand out after her, but as he did she’d already started to leave the room.

He hesitated he wanted to go after her to apologize, to do something but he couldn’t.
Killer. Killer. Killer. Killer. Killer. Repeated in his mind. No. No. No. I am. As the door closed in the distance. Alex felt his arm drop and his palm press into the wooden floor. Anger. Rage. He slammed his knuckles into the wood.
Damnit. Damnit all. Why do people have to kill!? Why did I? That small whisper of a voice spoke in the back of his mind again. Because someone has too. Someone needs too. Someone needs to prevent others from feeling this pain. You shut up. He isn’t a saviour he’s a killer. A murderer. A failure. A waste of skin and space. No. I am not. I admit I’m a killer. I admit I did wrong. I broke my word. But…But what? You’re going to stomach this world of death and pain? You couldn’t kill one man without breaking into this state. How are you going to kill again? What about that guy. Who. You know. Alex grit his teeth again and felt the scraping in his ears.

You’ve had a taste of what it’s like to kill. You’ve a conscience. What about a man like that? No honour. No restraint. He took life like taking a piss. You’re going to end up like that. Alex slumped against the ground and that whisper spoke up again.
Someone has to shoulder the blame and the pain. Someone has to be there to stop men like that. By whatever means. Alex Hissed through his teeth. He didn’t want to, he didn’t want to find himself diving into the darkness. Into that abyss.
But what choice do we have? We’ve started down the path. May as well walk it to the end. That small voice in his head spoke with an allure a creeping feeling of soothing nature.
I told you to shut up! He’s listening now. Opening up. Let’s see how he’ll choose. Light or darkness. Only time will tell…

Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Devi on May 2nd, 2016, 7:23 pm

Your Grades have arrived!

Alex

Skills:
  • Philosophy: 3
  • Rhetoric: 1
  • Persuasion: 1
Lores:
  • Philosophy: Facing my dark side
  • Irathia: Killed her friend

Irathia

Skills:
  • Observation: 2
  • Interrogation: 2
  • Persuasion: 3
  • Rhetoric: 2
Lores:
  • Alex: Made his first kill

Comments: Oof! Right in the feels... This felt like an important point of internal conflict for the both of them. Even though they haven't really come out of it with a solution I think that makes it all the more realistic. Feelings like that don't just vanish with a kind word or good intentions. You have to really question everything you took for granted about yourself before.

I hope they'll be able to confront their dark sides again in the future and perhaps the experience will strengthen their friendship. Good job guys!

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback. Don't forget to edit your post in the Grade Request Thread to say it's graded and leave a link in there for the Storytellers.

Happy Writing!

Devi
Workaholic Syliran Doctor

Words: 223466
Joined roleplay: November 15th, 2014, 7:19 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Previous