A Matter of Justice

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The massive stretch of desert that overwhelms Eyktol. Here, a man's water is worth more than his life, and the burying sands are the unfortunate's mute undertaker.

Re: A Matter of Justice

Postby Colombina on December 10th, 2009, 8:12 am

Netanel was slow in answering. He had hoped his words would fall on more receptive ears.

"We were enslaved to the Eypharians because of our own pride. We defied what Yahal asked of us to seek our own satisfaction."
With a weary sigh Netanel finished his reasoning.
"We have all been fractured since the Valterrian. Even the Eypharians. None of us are strong enough to raise a hand against the other. You stab at shadows."
Netanel looked at the men who had followed Hirem's misplaced zeal.
"Our people are so few, and yet you would make a sacrifice of them for an empty cause."

Hirem's invitation met a raised hand.
"It is good of you to offer me food. But I will not break bread here for the Masha."
Thinking of the men, Netanel looked toward where they were gathering.
"I will speak to these and depart."

Good as his word, the Rapa left Hirem's company. Eager to hear the word the Rapa promised them, the men began to gather. They had hoped for a blessing or encouragement stemming from Yahal's favor. Their faces were lit with happy expectation, but as Netanel spoke his gray tidings their countenances began to change.

Doubts they had harbored were being fed. They were no longer secluded from contrary thoughts. Netanel's dream and instruction turned the men troubled. He also spoke of the impossibility of their endeavor, separate from divine blessing.

They had left in fervor, but something different was stirring in their hearts. It was a still, faint voice, light as the wind, bidding them to depart. The same voice asked for Hirem to lay down his sword. It was a deeper call than Netanel's appeals.

Netanel departed, his face toward Yahebah, and after him walked thirty men. Come morning twenty-five more would depart, their conscience or fears awakened.
Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Hirem on December 11th, 2009, 12:24 am

2 of the Day, Winter of 509 A.V.
Hirem walked his camp in stunned silence, followed by Kihur. Kihur was smart enough to not try to arouse Hirem's anger, but he was also doubtful that Hirem would remain so passive for long. Hirem would never admit it, but his rages were something to behold. Hirem kicked some sand into one of the collapsed tents. "That fool! He has too much sand in his ears to hear what I hear!" Hirem stopped, and tried to calm himself.

Kihur bit his lip. "Master, maybe the Rapa was right." He was greeted with a venemous look. Before Hirem could respond however, Sanas walked over with two others, all of them with sullen eyes.

Sanas gestured about himself. "Your dream of vengance collapses, as it rightly should have!" Sanas stared Hirem full in the face. "Me, Taha, and Reem are leaving for Yahebah, hopefully catch up with the Rapa. You should join us Hirem. Perhaps you could lead a respectable life then."

Hirem clenched his knuckles tight, then pointed his forefinger at Sanas. "You are a follower. You followed my vision, yet with one speech you abandon me. That is a difference between you and me." Hirem stared at Sanas, and the two men beside Sanas felt a little smaller, but Sanas kept a stern spine. Hirem slowly spoke these next words. "I would never have my path coincide with the cowards."

Sanas stared back into Hirem's eyes. "You are a fool." He then looked at Kihur. "Please, Kihur. Come with us. This is a doomed campaign. Don't waste your life."

Kihur breathed deep, then reluctantly nodded. Hirem was dumbfounded at this. "Kihur!? You would leave me?" He was speaking to their backs now. "Were you not my Captain, my right-hand in this venture?"

Kihur turned back. "I am sorry, Master, but I will not follow you down this road."

Hirem's eyes flashed with anger. "You might as well just kill me. I will not relent in this."

The others kept walking away from him, but Sanas turned back to him. "The only Benshiran that wishes for violence today is you, Lost Man." He turned away, and Hirem's anger instantly ebbed and he fell to his knees, weak with hopelessness. He was left alone in the war-camp.

My PCs:
Hirem
Hirem
The golden age is over.

Words: 615712
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2009, 3:50 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Postby Hirem on December 12th, 2009, 2:33 am

Hirem thought about that morning for the rest of the day, going over the facts in his head. Was he being foolish? Yes. Was the Rapa as well? Yes. Hirem was still determined to fight Eypharians, but today was enough to prove men that didn't share the same vision were easily swayed. He had to fight it on his own.

But he could not fight Ahnatep alone. If he was to strike at the Eypharians, it would have to be quiet, subtle. With that said, Hirem packed up what little he had and ventured into Ahnatep alone.

My PCs:
Hirem
Hirem
The golden age is over.

Words: 615712
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2009, 3:50 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Previous