Questions About Pretty Much Everything

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Alair Makeviht on June 13th, 2016, 9:26 pm

Okay, so not EVERYTHING, but a lot of stuff. I think I need to just open one of these so whenever I do have a question, I don't have to bother mod after mod.

Anyway.

So, I am looking to roleplay a thread in a specific city location setting. Do I roleplay in the location thread where it has all the location information or do I make a separate thread stating the setting and PM one of the people involved in the running of the location or establishment? I want to try to get my character a job so she's not out on the streets in a month, and so she can afford a simple apartment.

I want to do flashback threads, so I just label them flashbacks with the tag system and go from there, right? Do I make the threads in the city she was in during the flashback?

I'm sorry if these answers are obvious, I've tried finding them and I think half my brain is melted from trying to sort the information. I would just like a simple, yes, this is it, or no, this is how it works. Please and thank you.
Alair Makeviht
Player

Words: 12292
Joined roleplay: May 2nd, 2016, 3:00 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on June 13th, 2016, 9:38 pm

If your doing a location thread with partners, it is more organized if you'd do it in the city thread. Say for example, if your in Syliras, you want to thread in the "Rearing Stallion," for example, you'd do something like this [Rearing Stallion] {thread title}

If you are renting a room perse at an Inn, you'd do a single post in the location for the season and post in the location thread describing what room you want. If your buying things, just by yourself at a store or something, you would also do a single post in that.

With flashbacks, you'll use the tag "flashback" on the thread Yes, but remember date the timeframe that your doing it it is really important and would be less confusing to the readers. And if your doing flashbacks in another city, but your already registered in one city, I think it is possible to register for flashbacks in another city I think, but obviously you can't have your PC in two cities at once. If you are confused with anything else, myself and others would gladly be able to help you out. :)

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Caesi Starguide on June 14th, 2016, 3:44 am

So, I am looking to roleplay a thread in a specific city location setting. Do I roleplay in the location thread where it has all the location information or do I make a separate thread stating the setting and PM one of the people involved in the running of the location or establishment? I want to try to get my character a job so she's not out on the streets in a month, and so she can afford a simple apartment.

If you are needing a job then you would submit a job application and wait for your ST to approve the application so she will have employment.

If you are wanting to roleplay with a location as the setting you can either place the location in the title of your thread, or even in the details of your thread as well. But jobs must first be approved by your ST, you can not roleplay with at the Rearing Stallion and automatically have a job. It must be approved first. :D

With flashbacks, you'll use the tag "flashback" on the thread Yes, but remember date the timeframe that your doing it it is really important and would be less confusing to the readers. And if your doing flashbacks in another city, but your already registered in one city, I think it is possible to register for flashbacks in another city I think, but obviously you can't have your PC in two cities at once. If you are confused with anything else, myself and others would gladly be able to help you out.

You can do Flashbacks in other cities as long as those locations are not closed and it is in the the PCs history that they were ACTUALLY IN that location at said time of Flashback. You can not do Flashbacks unless it is pertaining to your PCs past. Like... If your PC was in Endrykas in Fall of 500 and it is in your History that you were, then you could do a Flashback thread with other individuals that were around Endrykas in that time frame.

At least that is how I always thought it worked. :smoke:

Credit Goes to Prophet for the beautiful Signature!
Caesi Starguide
Player

Words: 191870
Joined roleplay: April 5th, 2016, 9:56 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Alair Makeviht on June 16th, 2016, 8:00 pm

Thank you so much for your responses. I really appreciate it. I get most of the information on here, and then I run into something like that, and I panic. So thank you both.
Alair Makeviht
Player

Words: 12292
Joined roleplay: May 2nd, 2016, 3:00 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet