PM to join Water Words.

Alex and poppy continue a conversation from earlier.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Water Words.

Postby Alexander Faircroft on April 6th, 2016, 12:55 pm

With the current state of his head he passed over the comments she spoke about both her opinion on how he thought of her, and what she’d thought of him. Something about being diligent and hard working. Still he couldn’t quite parse the information fully, even as he did nothing settled in. Before he could react to her moving her hand off of his thigh she placed it pack. Was she toying with him? Intentionally trying to get a reaction out of him like someone else he knew? Then without any warnings he drew closer to him. Her other hand moving to press against his forehead.

Not ill but vibrantly red. Perhaps it was the heat. It could have been, it could have been a lot of things even as she spoke about the water feeling a little warm and wanting to leave soon. As she began to retreat back from him he was still fighting the want to reach out and just touch her again. He pushed it back for so long that now he couldn’t. He wasn’t able to fight off any more. With a swift motion his arms reached out towards her, attempting to latch around her shoulders and pull her back towards him.

His other arm would reach out to shift around her waist and then hold her against his chest tightly, firmly but softly. Less the ravenous desires of a fully grown man and more akin to the innocent need for comfort from a child. A soft feeling of comfort and warmth all he really wanted. And despite the heat of the water and the consistent tries to pull his mind from the situation she’d pushed him and now he‘d just changed back into the kid he used to be.

Completely disregarding the fact that both were lacking any form of clothing he’d pull her tightly against him his head next to hers from behind. And a few soft words would fall from his lips, less those of a confidant and in control squire or leader. Not those of an adult, but those of a scared child.
“Please don’t push me away…” He didn’t move any further and just held still for a few ticks, the feeling of closeness something he’d been missing for most of his life. Even just this was enough to settle his ever jagged nerves. He had no intention to take it any further than this.

Forced to grow up too fast to harden into a man too quickly and he’d lost something along the way. Something that he’d never had. He’d never really known. Something he’d taken absent his mind right there. But despite the abruptness, and possibly implications there was nothing more to the action, than a child just needing affection. It was only when he was pushed, that he turned into a man wanting something more, once again.
Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Water Words.

Postby Poppy Blackburn on April 7th, 2016, 4:29 am

Surprise. It all came as a surprise to Poppy when Alexander made his move. Seeing as how he had been very reserved the entire day, the lass never did saw it coming. One moment, she was sitting beside him, and the next she’d been embraced in a hug. The young man had reached out with his arms over her, as he pulled her into his arms and embrace in the water. His other hand had grabbed her gently by the waist, pulling the brunette close to his chest, her body coming into contact with his. However sensual this intimate action may seem or aim to be, something else shone through, an innocence of an individual desiring both comfort and affection. Initially surprised and taken aback by the sudden action, she calmed down and returned his embrace.

The embrace he gave her didn’t seem to be of lovers, but of one similar to a child who desired affection but often received none. The whisper he gave next reinforced that thought, reminiscent of one who had been abandoned before. “It’s alright, Alex. Don’t worry. It’s all fine. I won’t push you away. The whole situation was rather strange, considering the fact that they only just met not too long ago, but somehow, qualities in the man next to her, locked in embrace, sparked a variety of feelings, especially something within her that she’d never felt like before. The mere thought of Alex being one who lacked affection seemed to awaken the nurturing instincts within her, among others. Part of her wanted to protect him, the other wanted to give him the love he desired.

Despite never being in an embrace with someone other than her parents, Poppy lingered in the clasp of his arms, their bodies still mostly covered by the steamy waters. She wasn’t usually the type to do this, but Alex was special. She didn’t know exactly what it was. Waiting until about a couple of chimes later, before the lass spoke once more, this time, softly and with care. “Are you alright, Alex?” She’d even taken to calling him Alex instead of Alexander, just to throw a little more affection into her words.

“You don’t have to worry about this, Alex. I like you, you’re a good person.” This may have been a little too early and premature to judge someone, but Poppy had always been good when it comes judging people and trusting her instincts, and they were rarely wrong. This time, her instincts told her that Alexander was a good individual and a kind soul, and she couldn’t help but feel drawn to the man.

When he would eventually recover from the embrace, she would make to get out of the pool, wrapping her dry towel around herself and making her way to the dressing room to get dressed. She’d come to see the different sides of Alexander today, and she was glad for it. This was a good step towards progressing the relationship between the pair and perhaps one day, they might progress further than simply friends, for the affection for each other was already there, it just needed to be cultured and simply diverted into the right direction.
Poppy Blackburn
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.

Words: 70192
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2016, 7:14 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Water Words.

Postby Alexander Faircroft on April 7th, 2016, 5:43 am

As much as he wanted to be left alone. Left to struggle through things as he always had been. He found it odd, strange in the matter that he always seemed to find someone accepting of him. Understanding of his actions. Or at least, willing to let them go. He held tightly. And her words almost made him want to pull tighter. He wouldn’t be pushed away. But the words “don’t worry”. The connotations they held were deeper than she could have realised.

Was he alright…? That was the question. Had he ever been alright? Had he ever been in a position to claim that he was ok? He could feel the ripples in his skin. The points of contact, but as much as it helped soothe the ache in his soul it wasn’t what he needed, after all. He paused a moment, moving his hands to grip her shoulders and push her away gently breaking the embrace. At the mention of him being a good person he simply closed his eyes again. From her perspective it may have been to try and preserve her dignity. But to him it was a gesture of withdrawal. Of hiding.

He wasn’t a good person.

As she slipped from his fingers he let her go, lingering a moment longer in the waters. His hands clenched in the waters again. His fingernails digging into his palms. He wanted to scream. To let all the suppressed rage, anger, pain, abandonment, sorrow, loneliness, and despair out. To vent everything, but he couldn’t. Instead he briefly sat shaking. Swallowing back all the dormant feelings he had to keep them buried. He had an image to project after all.

He stepped free from the waters after a few moments the towel not around his waist like it had been before, instead it hung over his head, like a hood. He shook his head back and forth, trying to find some meaning in his choices. But all he could see as usual were things he’d done wrong. Failures he’s never be able to right. He’d never be able to correct. People he’d never be able to save. Unsure whether it was a sense of blind guilt or just sheer arrogance that he thought he could have done it and failed.

In the silence of the lockers. He paused and held there. His head against the cool wood of the doors.
I’m so weak… I can’t stop myself from latching onto someone… Anyone who is willing to show me kindness. I’m petching pathetic. He wanted to strike out to lash out against nothing. To strike the air and just feel the anger flee him. But no, that wasn’t the case. He had to hold himself in check. And in the back of his mind eh could still feel the steely grey eyes watching him. With the stark cold, ice blue ones silently judging him. Weighing his actions. Even as he got dressed he belted his weapons atop his clothing and left. Even with a cold feel to him now.
Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Water Words.

Postby Poppy Blackburn on April 8th, 2016, 4:08 am

As Poppy wiped dry her herself and subsequently got dressed, she threw the used towel into a woven basket by the side of the room, and satisfied that she had not left anything behind, stepped out of the dressing room, making her way into the lobby of the Soothing Waters bathhouse. Unaware if Alexander had stepped out of the bath after her, or remained in the pool, she got out thinking to make a quick check, but her job was done for her as she laid her eyes upon the individual that was him. The lass was about to greet him with a cheery wave and greeting but halted herself in her tracks.

Her hand reaching up half ways but then promptly went back down as she sensed a difference in the mood around him. He was no longer the same person he was in the pool when she was there, what was present was now one that despair and frustration that seemed as though to wrap the air around him in a heavy blanket. It was definitely not a good thing as it drastically darkened the mood. The initial happiness seemed to be gone and it was as though a heavy stormcloud dominated the presence of the air on top of anyone in the room, especially Alexander. It felt cold despite the heat coming from the baths and she didn’t like it one bit.

Alex’s mood seem to have taken a drastic turn and she had to figure out why. Was it something she had done perhaps? Something she had said or done something wrong? Maybe she should have asked him before she had gotten out of the pool? Maybe that had offended him?

Unaware of the thoughts that were going through Alexander’s own mind, Poppy began to question if she had been the source of her companion’s sudden misery. It had all happened in such a quick turn of events that it took her by surprise, hardly knowing that this was a thing that Alex did to himself very often. Deciding to do something about it, the lass walked up to him, giving him a gentle squeeze of his left arm.

“Is everything alright Alex? Is it because of me? Did I do something to make you upset? Let me know and I’ll make things right.” Today has been a really good day so far, and she really didn’t want to end the day on a bad note. If his misery had been caused by something she had done, Poppy would do her best to resolve the problem.

The thing is, as much or as little as she knew about him so far, the lass didn’t know about the various level of internal conflicts that Alexander had, or how to deal with those, being inexperienced to the likes of such. If she knew, she would definitely want to help him in any way she could, for one thing she hated was the feeling of being helpless, especially to friends and people in need.
Poppy Blackburn
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.

Words: 70192
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2016, 7:14 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Water Words.

Postby Alexander Faircroft on April 8th, 2016, 4:28 am

Alex lingered lightly outside the waters, his mind roiling and writing. Trying to piece together where he’d found himself yet again. Another woman in his arms. Another who’d just accepted him as he was. He paused lingering just a moment too long. He felt something. A soft lightness against his arm. Followed by a soft press. It was poppy again. Wondering if she’d done something wrong. If everything was right with him and if she could help. Beneath her grip his arm tensed. The musculature that was there hardening.

“It’s not you Poppy.” He spoke and started to walk. Knowing fully well that someone like here at least from how she was acting wouldn’t just let him go. But the waters wasn’t the best place to talk about this. Or really anything. He stepped out into the much cooler air. “It’s not something you’ve done.” His voice as hard. Unlike the softness that was there earlier there was a much harder edge to the airiness of his voice. I’m irritated with myself. My own weakness. It’s happened before and it almost happened again.” He spoke of course about the moment with the person whose till haunted the halls of his mind. Alongside the intimate moment that was almost shared in the waters.

“I’m sorry about that. It was a moment of weakness on my part.” His fingers clenched by his side, the fists curling tight enough for his knuckles to turn white. I’m supposed to be stronger than this. But finding solace is hard. Finding peace. A moment where I can just let myself go and let everything fall from my shoulders for a brief moment. I can’t afford to make that mistake again. The last time I did, she turned out to be something every different to what I’d hoped she was. All this and more he wanted to say. Everything in his mind he just wanted to spit out and get off of his chest. Pull the weight from his body.

But he couldn’t. The ever judgemental gaze of his father still lingered. His eyes closed and tightened Shaking his head from side to side he broke further away from her before stopping. “I’m sorry Poppy. I’m not a good man.” He spoke his eyes still closed as he felt the moments of weakness begin to mount on his shoulders again, visibly starting to weigh him down. He wanted distance. He needed work. He needed something to push his mind towards to take it off of the never ending spiral of failure he always found himself on. The never ending whirlpool of negativity.

His hope way the only thing he held onto. The hope that he wouldn’t fail again next time. That next time he’d be able to push through the boundaries and save someone. That he’d be smart enough to see someone for who they really were. He shook slightly. He was angry. Angry at himself. And as usual he had no vent. No course to let it out on.
Alexander Faircroft

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Water Words.

Postby Okara on August 28th, 2016, 3:11 pm

Grades and Awards

Alexander Faircroft
Experience
Socialization 5
Investigation 1
Observation 1
Seduction 1

Lores
Poppy Blackburn: Pretty Lady in the Baths
A Vulnerable Moment in the Baths
Turning to a Friend for Comfort

Notes
This was a mostly conversational thread so there wasn’t much for me to award. If there were specific lores you were hoping for, let me know. I chose to award seduction for the embrace due to the intimacy of the gesture. This was a nice read. Alex really dwelled on his insecurities around women, I hope he eventually finds resolution for that. I’ve read several of Alex’s threads now and I think you are building an interesting arc of character development, I’m curious where it will go.

Poppy Blackburn
Experience
Socialization 5
Observation 1
Flirting 1
Investigation 1

Lores
Alexander Faircroft: Scarred Body
Alexander Faircroft: Poppy’s First Friend in Syliras
Comforting a Friend in Need

Notes
This was a mostly conversational thread so there wasn’t much to award. Please let me know if there are specific lores you were looking for. Poppy has a very open and innocent personality, I enjoyed how you portrayed that in your writing.

Please edit your post in your grade request to reflect that it has been graded. PM me with any questions.
Okara
Great stories start with humble beginnings.

Words: 218993
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2016, 12:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Previous