Closed Ration House Blues (Thomas, Izuyanai)

Ration thief modded thread

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Ration House Blues (Thomas, Izuyanai)

Postby Izuyanai on March 6th, 2016, 12:20 pm

Finally. Izuyanai continued to listen as the man spoke to her imploringly, pleading for mercy. Nodding at the thief as he turned around to head back to the building, she paused before following suite.

Something bigger at play? That, at the very least, seemed mildly threatening. It hinted to someone or an organization pulling the strings of petty crime such as this. Were there more people in a similar situation? How long had this been going on? It seemed that even in the city of stars, foul characters were at play. At least her night was growing more and more interesting as time marched on.

If there was blackmail involved and they could work to uncover proof of it, Izuyanai guessed that the law would be just as merciful as she. There was a trial system in Lhavit, no? Surely it would be best to notify the Shinya in some form of what was going on. But that could wait until after she had heard the thief's side of the story.

Unless this was a trap. That wasn't too unlikely, though the man seemed weak and appeared to be telling the truth this time. Best to expect the unexpected anyway. No harm in that. She wasn't about to walk away from an exciting case just because she was worried about a potential ambush.

Stepping after the thief, she looked back to the mage still standing there.

"I'm interested in what he has to say for himself. If you're not coming, do inform the Shinya if I turn up a bloody mess."
Izuyanai
I'm back!

Words: 165305
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2014, 8:14 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Thomas Cosa on March 6th, 2016, 2:09 pm

Thomas could tell the man wasn't lying, but all alarms were sounding off as the theif tried to lure them into building. His honesty, and the fact that Thomas had come with Stranger, were the only things that kept him from screaming 'thief' off into the night. Perhaps he was a fool to trust the man, but as his mother would often say, 'curiosity may have killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back'.

"I couldn't care less if you end up a bloody pulp. Since when are you my responsibility?," Thomas shot at the woman, glaring daggers as he trailed behind her. He may be a fool to follow the man, but he wasn't stupid enough to head first into the building, Stranger or not. His auristics buzzed excitedly, threads flying sharply into the man, his weakness obvious. Perhaps a nicer person would have offered help, but Thomas only thought how much easier it would be to win if things became physical. "And why are you so trusting? You can't have a way of knowing he's lying or telling the trust?," he asked, suspicious. Were they together? And if they were, would Stranger be enough?

He wondered if threatening them would do anything.

"If either of you try anything stupid, I'll make sure you regret it," he hissed stupidly, not entirely sure how to intimidate someone. On Sahova, knowing Mashean had been more than enough to keep him safe. Out here, he had to make people know he would do whatever it took to stay alive. He just wasn't sure how to articulate that in a threatening manner.

"I mean it, I have a needle." Or, at least, Stranger did.

Thomas Cosa
What if no one could stop you?

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Words: 385707
Joined roleplay: October 20th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Samuel Longwell on September 3rd, 2016, 5:33 pm

Grading Complete

Please edit your grade request thread so that it's obvious that it's been graded. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions/problems with your grade.

Name: Izuyanai

XP Award:
  • Observation 2
  • Stealth 1
  • Rhetoric 3
  • Interrogation 2
Lore:
  • Leth: God of the Moon
  • The unpleasant mage
Name: Thomas

XP Award:
  • Auristics 4