PM to join A Isur and a Half

Irathia enters the Iron Works, when she meets some one.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

A Isur and a Half

Postby Irathia on April 24th, 2016, 5:19 am

Irathia's face fell and quickly closed her smile as she saw the Isur reacted in a negative sense, eyes widening, mainly. Irathia whipped her head around as she felt her fear boiling back up in her belly, she worried that might happen as the gloves on her hands suddenly felt a bit heavier than before. Her armed drooped down as she began to think once more, her mind wandering slightly to the tales she was told when she was just a wee child.

The sounds of hammering metal brought her back to reality as she shook her head slightly and went to look at the piece of metal that was in the process of being flattened for her gauntlet. She was already trying to make an excuse for her teeth, she was going to say she was forced to sharpened them when she was at a very young age, thus her teeth were now pointed.

She pulled off the part of the gauntlet that was currently on at the moment in time and handed it to the Isur in front of her. She sat and sighed slightly under her breath, a bit worried still about what conclusions Terag was making of her. Panic was building up as she squirmed slightly in her seat, frowning as she did so, trying not to look at the Isur as well.
Irathia
Player

Words: 99507
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2016, 4:34 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Isur and a Half

Postby Terag on May 7th, 2016, 6:31 am

Terag worked in silence for several long moments as he attached the backs of the gauntlets, and then made sure that the pieces fit together. He noticed her react as well, so she had seen. Terag let out a soft sigh, that had been a fumble for sure. Both as a worker at the Ironworks and as a person. She had done nothing wrong, and he had heard stories about the children of the Zith, how the other parent was not always willing. The children probably then weren't treated very well.

As he finished checking the edges of the teethed gauntlets he finally spoke, a bit softly but his deeper voice made sure that his words carried. "Look, I apologize for my reaction. It was not acceptable. You see, your teeth caught me off guard, reminded me of the Zith we have to deal with back home. There are many bad things that happen but their actions are not yours, yeah? There are many stories about the half-children of the Zith, not all are bad. You seem like you are good, yes?" Terag handed the pair of gauntlets to Irathia, as they were now finished.

"It is not your fault what your heritage is, yes? We Isur prove ourselves with our actions, not with our names. You are no different, you are half-Isur but I think the same applies in the world around. Your own actions not those who came before, yes? As an apology, how about you let me buy you a drink sometime or offer for a spar? My skills are more for crafting then fighting but I promise I can pack a mean punch." Terag smiled as friendly as he could, trying to convey he truly meant her no ill will. "Oh, also. The gauntlets are ten golden Mizas, and if they do not fit right or something else is wrong you can bring them back and I will adjust them for you free of charge."
Thoughts "Isurian" "Common" "Others' Speaking"
The above colors are subject to change, bear with me please!
My Character Sheet, I'm working on making it prettier.
Terag
The Singing Smith

Words: 226408
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2015, 7:21 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Isur and a Half

Postby Irathia on May 9th, 2016, 12:03 am

Irathia continued to stare at the Isur at work, she was frowning slightly as he sighed. He began to speak about how he was just taken off guard. She supposed it was only natural. Zith were a point of hatred for the Isur, she wasn't sure when the feud started, all she knew was that it was still strong... She was extremely uncomfortable now, she slowly reached and grabbed the gauntlets.

"I... Um... Sure... I guess a drink or something would be nice..." She said as she reached for the pouch full of Mizas... She pulled out 10 Gold Mizas and handed them to Terag. "Thank you for the gauntlets... I guess I will see you later or something." Irathia said as she began to walk away... She wasn't sure what to think about the events that just took place... It was odd, surreal a bit.
Irathia
Player

Words: 99507
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2016, 4:34 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Isur and a Half

Postby Terag on May 13th, 2016, 7:14 pm

Terag sighed a bit as the woman walked off after he had taken the Mizas, he had done a number. That was for sure. "Have a good day ma'am. Hope to see you again. If we meet at the sparring pit I'll be sure to let you hit me once or twice for my behavior today."" He tried to chuckle a bit at his own joke, but it was a little forced. Well, he would have to make sure he learned to cover his face a bit better.
Thoughts "Isurian" "Common" "Others' Speaking"
The above colors are subject to change, bear with me please!
My Character Sheet, I'm working on making it prettier.
Terag
The Singing Smith

Words: 226408
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2015, 7:21 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Isur and a Half

Postby Konrad Venger on September 18th, 2016, 9:15 am

Irathia

XP:
Observation - 4
Socialization - 3
Investigation - 2

Lore:
Various Types of Warhammer
Asking Advice from One who would Know
Terag: Isurian Smithy and Salesman
Trying (and Failing) to Hide what I Am

Additional:
+I set of Teethed Gauntlets, made out of Iron
-10gm in payment for said gauntlets

Terag

XP:
Socialization - 5
Teaching - 2
Persuasion - 3
Investigation - 4
Drawing - 1
Philosophy - 2
Weaponsmithing - 4

Lore:
Educating the Ignorant on Hammers
Socialization: Being a "Nice Guy" to Make a Sale
Investigation: Conclusion drawn from Questions
Salesmanship: Give the Customer Options
Weaponsmithing: Constructing a Teethed Gauntlet

Additional:
+10gm, paid to Terag by Irathia

Shared Lore:
Various Types of Warhammer
The Basics of How a Tonfa Works
The Ironworks: We MAKE Weapons, We Don't TRAIN with Them
Lineage Fades, But Never Dies
Our Action define us, Not our Blood

Click Me! :
Social threads are usually boring to me, but you two really pulled this one off well. I looked how Terag is really just an ordinary guy, making his way, making sales, getting information from his customers... and trying to be nice about it, too. Irathia's insecurities were very well-expressed and it ended on such a bright, sweet note.

Oh, and of course, the metalworking scenes were fascinating. Clearly you put in the time to research that process and it really shows!

Oh, and please make sure you go back and edit your post in the Request Thread to reflect the fact this one is now done and dusted. PM me with any questions and later 'tater!

||Common||Thoughts||Pavi||Fratava||Myrian||Other's Speaking||
Note: As of Fall 517AV, Konrad is known only as "Hansel" in Endrykas
Konrad Venger
Long is The Way and Hard

Words: 1060755
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2015, 4:05 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4